Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TN Powerball Winners on the Today Show

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 11 months ago by cbr$.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #129225
June 13, 2012
546 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2016, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Be nice if LP can get an interview with that couple.  I'd like to know how many tickets they bought and if they were QP.  Seems like a down to earth couple.  Happy for them.

He bought 4 tickets and it was a QP.  They won on ticket #3.

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #85037
    January 7, 2010
    252 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2016, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Sad that the wife is so naive to think that she could go back to work Monday and everything would be the same.  I think if I were the dermatologist she works for I would ask her to not come back.  it's unfair to everyone that DOES have to work for a living to have their lives disrupted in such a way. 

BTW>>>where is Todd?? Falling down on the job.  I thought he would have posted this story by now!!

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
      Green Bay
      United States
      Member #169391
      October 15, 2015
      1244 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2016, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

He bought 4 tickets and it was a QP.  They won on ticket #3.

Thanks.  Only 4 tickets?  Wonder how that makes the people who spent thousands on tickets feel.  LOL

Never give up.  Banana

Maryland
        United States
        Member #162434
        January 2, 2015
        887 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2016, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Sad that the wife is so naive to think that she could go back to work Monday and everything would be the same.  I think if I were the dermatologist she works for I would ask her to not come back.  it's unfair to everyone that DOES have to work for a living to have their lives disrupted in such a way. 

BTW>>>where is Todd?? Falling down on the job.  I thought he would have posted this story by now!!

I agree! What if there is someone in that town that NEEDS that job she has to put food on the table?  She should give the job to someone that needs it, and volunteer her time if she needs to keep busy.

And yea - I looked in the NEWS forum first but there was no story on this, then found this thread. 

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
          Green Bay
          United States
          Member #169391
          October 15, 2015
          1244 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2016, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

I agree.   Give that job to someone who needs it.

Never give up.  Banana

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4788 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2016, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

How did the lottery verify his ticket unless he showed it to them?

J'aime La France.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #77167
              July 15, 2009
              555 Posts
              Posted: January 15, 2016, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

How did the lottery verify his ticket unless he showed it to them?

After the Today Show appearance they flew back to Nashville and turned the ticket in.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2016, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

LMAO the dog is not too impressed he fell asleep at the press conference.

"What Powerball? The Robinsons brought their dog to the event, which provided comedic relief when it promptly fell asleep during the press conference."

PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2016, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #77167
                    July 15, 2009
                    555 Posts
                    Posted: January 15, 2016, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

I hope they get a better financial advisor and accountant than that lawyer they have.  They seem like a really nice family and I wish them the best.  In a small town they are going to get hounded by leeches.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

PA
                      United States
                      Member #22983
                      October 6, 2005
                      2226 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2016, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

I agree! What if there is someone in that town that NEEDS that job she has to put food on the table?  She should give the job to someone that needs it, and volunteer her time if she needs to keep busy.

And yea - I looked in the NEWS forum first but there was no story on this, then found this thread. 

I don't agree with the mindset that all lottery winners should all the sudden do all moral things and help the world just because they won a jackpot. They won and it is their life and can do whatever they want to regardless of how much money they got. But it is kinda stupid to go back to a 9 to 5 when you could make a lot more money and have a lot more fun being self-employed. Also if they really wanted to help people they could start a huge business and create jobs. But some just want to relax and enjoy life. But for many work is all they ever knew and for many that does not change. They like to stay in their comfort zone, the money is just a bonus and financial security after the house and bills are paid off. Also not every one who winds the lottery is hounded as much as you think, only those who are really stupid or are in bad situations already. Kinda like Maria and Jack which were extreme cases and in the minority. But why would you even care anyway it is not your problem. I don't, I worry about myself not how others are handling their winnings. If I did not win I don't care.

Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #4170
                        March 27, 2004
                        103 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2016, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I doubt they are going to get murdered just because they won the lottery. As I said before those are in the minority, and many of them got murdered because they were living shady lifestyles before they won and was more so based on "behavior" not just because they won the lottery. But they wanted to get the media over with so now the focus is on the others.

Here is a screen shot I got of the wining ticket.

http://www.today.com/news/powerball-winners-tennessee-couple-claims-they-won-jackpot-today-show-t67276

I have a bad feeling they will get murdered or kidnapped for money, there is crazy people in this world, I sure hope it does not happen to them but I would not be surprised since they showed their house and their faces on national TV

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4788 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2016, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

I worry for this couple. They like the attention too much and their attorney must be a relative who spends time chasing ambulances.

J'aime La France.

Maryland
                            United States
                            Member #162434
                            January 2, 2015
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: January 15, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

I don't agree with the mindset that all lottery winners should all the sudden do all moral things and help the world just because they won a jackpot. They won and it is their life and can do whatever they want to regardless of how much money they got. But it is kinda stupid to go back to a 9 to 5 when you could make a lot more money and have a lot more fun being self-employed. Also if they really wanted to help people they could start a huge business and create jobs. But some just want to relax and enjoy life. But for many work is all they ever knew and for many that does not change. They like to stay in their comfort zone, the money is just a bonus and financial security after the house and bills are paid off. Also not every one who winds the lottery is hounded as much as you think, only those who are really stupid or are in bad situations already. Kinda like Maria and Jack which were extreme cases and in the minority. But why would you even care anyway it is not your problem. I don't, I worry about myself not how others are handling their winnings. If I did not win I don't care.

Its not about 'do all moral things', just a simple job.  If you know anyone who has ever been in need of a job you would understand where I am coming from. 

WA
                              United States
                              Member #171543
                              January 9, 2016
                              24 Posts
                              Posted: January 15, 2016, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Ha ha, you don't care huh? You care enough to post here ;)