Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can Arcs and Circles tell us anything to improve our Predictions?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 10 months ago by AllenB.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lincoln, California
United States
Member #167130
June 27, 2015
256 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2016, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I'm a little Burned Out on Excel Right Now.  I am looking for some bogus references and have a few links I can't find or eliminate.  So I am leaving it alone for a while,  Putting in "Time Out" so to speak. 

In the meantime I am going back to my Favorite CAD Program to get a visual Look.  I have plotted Time Line Graphs of the numbers,games Out etc. Looking for trends and found them to just show me how random this all is.  Drawing lines between points on a Graph Game me no clear indication of what might come nest.

Yesterday In my Excel Depression I thought about Circles. 

The Following is an Image that shows The Circles for Games 2796-2781 of Ca Daily 4.  The plots show the First Digit N1 only for the Games.  Each diagram uses the previous 3 Draws to create the circle for the next game.  Lines are drawn from the end of the 3 point arc to the center of the circle and then the area is shaded.  I just started this and am hoping by showing this early to my fellow LPans You will give me input on weather this has promise.  Has it been tried before.  It is a bit time consuming right now to generate these.

This is a short sample that seams to show a few things.  The first thing I noticed is that the next draw number is (in all but Game 2799) not included in the numbers in the shaded area of the circle.  By that I mean the Number positions of the first game in the arc.  The second thing I notice is that the Next number is not (in the sample) equal to the Rounded off value of the Radius point (distance from 0).  If you see anything let me know.  I have some other plots that do things with tangents, Ray rotations and angle values.  Some show promise at pointing to the new Draw Number, More striking is that this may be a way to eliminate numbers.

I hope you find this interesting.  I also hope this is a Philly and not a Dead Horse. 

United States
    Member #35335
    March 16, 2006
    116 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2016, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

No, not really.  I've posted before about my adventures using CAD/CAM/CAE tools to try to find any edge.  There are a number of freeware data visualization tools as well, but none have made me wealthy.

Lincoln, California
      United States
      Member #167130
      June 27, 2015
      256 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2016, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for you input.  You may have saved me some time.  I will look at your posts

Lincoln, California
        United States
        Member #167130
        June 27, 2015
        256 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2016, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

No, not really.  I've posted before about my adventures using CAD/CAM/CAE tools to try to find any edge.  There are a number of freeware data visualization tools as well, but none have made me wealthy.

My search of LP Posts on CAD/CAM/CAE tools came up empty and the only thing I see on Circles is my post and your response.

Perhaps you could direct me to your posts or those of others on this topic.

United States
          Member #35335
          March 16, 2006
          116 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2016, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

My search of LP Posts on CAD/CAM/CAE tools came up empty and the only thing I see on Circles is my post and your response.

Perhaps you could direct me to your posts or those of others on this topic.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/295609

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/294965

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/294783

A few for your amusement : )

Lincoln, California
            United States
            Member #167130
            June 27, 2015
            256 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2016, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

I read your threads.  The mesh idea is interesting and the discussion on the physics of balls and ball machines was entertaining.  I did not see relevance unless it is in the mesh.  I was hoping for something more specific to my post and not just "I'm sure that won't work"

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1704 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2016, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I'm a little Burned Out on Excel Right Now.  I am looking for some bogus references and have a few links I can't find or eliminate.  So I am leaving it alone for a while,  Putting in "Time Out" so to speak. 

In the meantime I am going back to my Favorite CAD Program to get a visual Look.  I have plotted Time Line Graphs of the numbers,games Out etc. Looking for trends and found them to just show me how random this all is.  Drawing lines between points on a Graph Game me no clear indication of what might come nest.

Yesterday In my Excel Depression I thought about Circles. 

The Following is an Image that shows The Circles for Games 2796-2781 of Ca Daily 4.  The plots show the First Digit N1 only for the Games.  Each diagram uses the previous 3 Draws to create the circle for the next game.  Lines are drawn from the end of the 3 point arc to the center of the circle and then the area is shaded.  I just started this and am hoping by showing this early to my fellow LPans You will give me input on weather this has promise.  Has it been tried before.  It is a bit time consuming right now to generate these.

This is a short sample that seams to show a few things.  The first thing I noticed is that the next draw number is (in all but Game 2799) not included in the numbers in the shaded area of the circle.  By that I mean the Number positions of the first game in the arc.  The second thing I notice is that the Next number is not (in the sample) equal to the Rounded off value of the Radius point (distance from 0).  If you see anything let me know.  I have some other plots that do things with tangents, Ray rotations and angle values.  Some show promise at pointing to the new Draw Number, More striking is that this may be a way to eliminate numbers.

I hope you find this interesting.  I also hope this is a Philly and not a Dead Horse. 

Rocket Science !!!

bgonçalves
                Brasil
                Member #92564
                June 9, 2010
                2122 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2016, 6:51 am - IP Logged

In addition, besides the graphic also see by position by position. The right digit tend to have more weight to exit a particular position

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #150797
                  December 31, 2013
                  815 Posts
                  Posted: January 27, 2016, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Kola describes the overlap between two draws as the vesica piscis, the shared area of two (or more)circles in a Venn diagram.  This overlapped area would contain repeat digits or, possibly, mirrors.  You might want to use overlays to understand how the circle for the second draw relates to the circle for the first draw when a repeated digit or mirror is used as a pivot point.

For example, draws 2796 and 2797 share the digits 7,2,8.  If you use an overlay and line up those data points, you can see that the circle for draw 2797 has rotated approximately 90 degrees to the left. There might be a pattern to be observed if you plotted successive draws. Or not! 

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Kola's avatar - image
                    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                    Member #28945
                    December 25, 2005
                    1528 Posts
                    Posted: January 27, 2016, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Allen B,

Thus far, many of the ideas you've posted on the LP have been good ones, and conceptually speaking, I like the general direction in which you are going in this thread. I've said the following to you before, but I'll say it again: humbly speaking, I strongly recommend you first develop and test your good ideas against data from ball-drawn states. Don't use your home state of California yet, it will only frustrate you. If you want to give yourself a chance to find patterns, then give nature a chance to reveal them to you. Believing you can find "natural" patterns by using California's RNG to do so is an inherent contradiction. RNGs are tenuous at best and if one dares to to work with them, it may behoove such a person to gain some untainted experience with ball drawn lotteries first. There's only one LP member(disclaimer - not me) I know of who has managed to pick good numbers with RNGs. He seems to somewhat understand the looping and cycling a state does with their RNGs. His good picks always reflect this truism. I'd wager though that he spent time perfecting his system with ball-drawn states, which allowed him to see the clear differences with RNGs. While I do believe in randomness, IMHO it does not show up in the lottery in the ways we may believe, and it certainly does not interfere with prediction. Past draws always present a good narrative for what will be drawn next.

The following may be a little too cryptic, but I hope to address it more expansively in a future thread. It's not randomness that limits our ability to predict, it's rather our inability to understand how past draws relate to the present and how to control for the passage of time from the past to the present, so that there is better flow in our data. The main reason why there is inconsistency in our predicting and inability to see consistent patterns is because we merge draws that fell at different points in the past - days, weeks and months apart. They have to be synched to the present, and once they are, draws present a supremely better narrative flow, which makes for better predictive capacity. 

Good luck to you with any road you take...

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Lincoln, California
                      United States
                      Member #167130
                      June 27, 2015
                      256 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2016, 9:35 am - IP Logged

Kola describes the overlap between two draws as the vesica piscis, the shared area of two (or more)circles in a Venn diagram.  This overlapped area would contain repeat digits or, possibly, mirrors.  You might want to use overlays to understand how the circle for the second draw relates to the circle for the first draw when a repeated digit or mirror is used as a pivot point.

For example, draws 2796 and 2797 share the digits 7,2,8.  If you use an overlay and line up those data points, you can see that the circle for draw 2797 has rotated approximately 90 degrees to the left. There might be a pattern to be observed if you plotted successive draws. Or not! 

Thanks for your interest.  I have a linear diagram that overlaps the circles for a series of about 8 Draws.  I will post it later.  Right now I am going to do a setup of each position for about 8 draws to look for patterns that include and exclude numbers. I will post these later also.

I am going to focus on the Location of the Radius point of the arc (circle).  I am hoping that the radius point coordinate will exclude numbers from the next draw.  Drawn numbers have a coordinate value where X= the Game number and Y= the Number drawn.  To simplify the X value it is always 1 for the first game in the series, 2 for the second and 3 for the third.  I am looking back into my old Surveying books for the formula to determine the radius point from 3 coordinates.  Once I have the formula I can use excel to calculate the Radius Point coordinate and track it instantly. 

Thanks T

Lincoln, California
                        United States
                        Member #167130
                        June 27, 2015
                        256 Posts
                        Posted: January 27, 2016, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Allen B,

Thus far, many of the ideas you've posted on the LP have been good ones, and conceptually speaking, I like the general direction in which you are going in this thread. I've said the following to you before, but I'll say it again: humbly speaking, I strongly recommend you first develop and test your good ideas against data from ball-drawn states. Don't use your home state of California yet, it will only frustrate you. If you want to give yourself a chance to find patterns, then give nature a chance to reveal them to you. Believing you can find "natural" patterns by using California's RNG to do so is an inherent contradiction. RNGs are tenuous at best and if one dares to to work with them, it may behoove such a person to gain some untainted experience with ball drawn lotteries first. There's only one LP member(disclaimer - not me) I know of who has managed to pick good numbers with RNGs. He seems to somewhat understand the looping and cycling a state does with their RNGs. His good picks always reflect this truism. I'd wager though that he spent time perfecting his system with ball-drawn states, which allowed him to see the clear differences with RNGs. While I do believe in randomness, IMHO it does not show up in the lottery in the ways we may believe, and it certainly does not interfere with prediction. Past draws always present a good narrative for what will be drawn next.

The following may be a little too cryptic, but I hope to address it more expansively in a future thread. It's not randomness that limits our ability to predict, it's rather our inability to understand how past draws relate to the present and how to control for the passage of time from the past to the present, so that there is better flow in our data. The main reason why there is inconsistency in our predicting and inability to see consistent patterns is because we merge draws that fell at different points in the past - days, weeks and months apart. They have to be synched to the present, and once they are, draws present a supremely better narrative flow, which makes for better predictive capacity. 

Good luck to you with any road you take...

Thanks for the advice.  I appreciate you insight.  I am trying to keep this concept as general as I can right now.  This step will be one of several that I use for predictions.  Once I get this pushed a little farther down the road, I will test it on a Ball Draw Game to see the differences. 

I like you reference to time.  I will give that some thought. Who knows, maybe the circles are clock faces that reveals some trends. 

Still dreaming

Kola's avatar - image
                          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                          Member #28945
                          December 25, 2005
                          1528 Posts
                          Posted: January 27, 2016, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the advice.  I appreciate you insight.  I am trying to keep this concept as general as I can right now.  This step will be one of several that I use for predictions.  Once I get this pushed a little farther down the road, I will test it on a Ball Draw Game to see the differences. 

I like you reference to time.  I will give that some thought. Who knows, maybe the circles are clock faces that reveals some trends. 

Still dreaming

Thanks for listening. 

Yes, circles are the way to go. They are all inclusive. Arcs, time, circles as clock faces, and your radius points are all great beginnings.

And Tialuvslotta, who at times leaves me with my mouth agape and shaking my head in disbelief by what she says that I'm not even sure she knows how strong and close to accurate it is, gives some really excellent advice. Chase down every idea you see mentioned in her post. 

"Still dreaming" you say? You're dreaming well.

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

DCTreybil's avatar - actuarial I_w_caption_II_sized.jpg

United States
                            Member #169613
                            October 24, 2015
                            11 Posts
                            Posted: January 27, 2016, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Eleven  years (11 years!!!!) after the apple struck Newton on the head, he hit upon the "Teaberry Shuffle" with big M and little m, invented calculus, and used that to explain gravity's role in his unfortunate collision with the apple.

All of which leads to the question, "How big WAS that apple?!"

In those 11 years, apples had not changed, gravity had not changed, nor had math changed.  What had changed was a certain mathematician named Newton.  Newton's obsessive focus on this problem changed Newton.

It's a Zen thing.

If you can see the universe in a grain of sand, then why not in a stubborn mathematical problem?

In Newton's world, only the observer is changed by the act of focusing on the grain of sand.  In today's quantum world, there's room for the idea that the grain fo sand is affected too.

In arriving at an understanding of lotto predictions, the aspiring coder/dreamer needs SOMETHING to focus on.  Why not a circle in CAD?

For Newton, there came a moment of knowing.

I doubt he knew it was gonna' happen until he was done.

Likewise, for anybody pursuing successful lotto prediction/selection methods, a moment of knowing can happen.

In that moment of knowing, lotto won't change, math won't change.  (or will they?)  Be that as it may, the aspiring coder/dreamer will change.  Of that, there can be no doubt.

If the universe can be seen in a grain of sand, then why not in a hand of cards, or a series of lotto selection algorithms?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                              Economy class
                              Belgium
                              Member #123700
                              February 27, 2012
                              4035 Posts
                              Posted: January 27, 2016, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Burnouts with Excel are mostly due to not using the Visual Basic Editor. Also 64bits does much better than 32bits.

I prefer my web version for pick 3 charts (HREF).

For American workouts, I mostly dislike when you find the most recent drawing at the top. Most disturbing is the date format MM / DD / YYYY.

Another disease was the consequent display of combinations as String. You can make Strings, but Excel works with cells.