Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is the BEST and What is the WORST of LP?

Topic closed. 74 replies. Last post 7 months ago by SilverLion.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23267 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2016, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

I only have one issue and that the constant bashing of one players system I feel that enough is enough Todd and if they don't like it move on Dr Miracles have been talked about so bad it needs to stop...I'm mean really

I agree, that's really annoying, and every time someone reports an abusive post to me I investigate it. 

But it's also pretty shocking that even though I repeat advice about clicking the Report Abuse link until I'm blue in the face, people rarely do it.  I guess they would rather sit there reading abusive posts.  I can't think of any other reason why someone wouldn't do it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23267 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2016, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

SilverLion, I will be suspending your account if you continue to troll me, this thread, and Lottery Post.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #165541
      April 12, 2015
      545 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2016, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

SilverLion, I will be suspending your account if you continue to troll me, this thread, and Lottery Post.

Ok.  Fair enough.

Thanks for the honest and transparent warning.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4108 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2016, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Todd Did you delete my post?

It seems like it keeps disappearing?

I dont think I broke any rules.

When your post keeps disappearing as you say, that should tell you right there that you have broken the rules. I am surprised you didn't know. Don't worry, this too shall pass.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #165541
          April 12, 2015
          545 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2016, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

When your post keeps disappearing as you say, that should tell you right there that you have broken the rules. I am surprised you didn't know. Don't worry, this too shall pass.

I am not worrying.  I just wanted to be certain.  Thanks for you input Yoda Twain.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4108 Posts
            Posted: April 16, 2016, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I am not worrying.  I just wanted to be certain.  Thanks for you input Yoda Twain.

Hutts generally don't worry about the consequences until it's too late, * Return of the Jedi- but it's good to know you wanted to make certain, Jabba.

Peace Big Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Wyomissing, PA
              United States
              Member #161050
              November 15, 2014
              301 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2016, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

All too frequently a thread is derailed by posts discussing other topics not directly related to the discussion at hand (ie. thread regarding MI Lottery accepting PayPal is a prime example). Also, the one liner posts (this isn't twitter) with minimal information doesn't help either (again, MI Lottery thread is a prime example). Intellect level here seems lower than other forums I regularly visit, such as Ars Technica. Ironically, that may work out better for LP in regards to advertising and paid memberships, but would like to believe otherwise.

Overall, LP has some worthwhile information, but could be so much better with some forum topic changes and moderation guidance - not talking deleting posts per se, but educating and encouraging posters to post more in-depth responses. That could drop daily post counts, but quality would improve leading to more credibility, and likely, long-term, more posts and/or longer user sessions. I, for one, would post more.

As for the best, LP is among the few places on the internet focused specifically on lottery topics.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23267 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2016, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

All too frequently a thread is derailed by posts discussing other topics not directly related to the discussion at hand (ie. thread regarding MI Lottery accepting PayPal is a prime example). Also, the one liner posts (this isn't twitter) with minimal information doesn't help either (again, MI Lottery thread is a prime example). Intellect level here seems lower than other forums I regularly visit, such as Ars Technica. Ironically, that may work out better for LP in regards to advertising and paid memberships, but would like to believe otherwise.

Overall, LP has some worthwhile information, but could be so much better with some forum topic changes and moderation guidance - not talking deleting posts per se, but educating and encouraging posters to post more in-depth responses. That could drop daily post counts, but quality would improve leading to more credibility, and likely, long-term, more posts and/or longer user sessions. I, for one, would post more.

As for the best, LP is among the few places on the internet focused specifically on lottery topics.

As someone who frequents comments sections on tech websites (like Ars), I can tell you that there is no difference in intellect.  (That's actually fairly insulting what you said - I'm sure you didn't intend it to be.)  There is a big difference in familiarity and expertise with technology, but it's a big mistake to confuse that with intellect.

To state that commenters on technical websites stick to the topic better and have more civil discourse is a laugh and a half.  Go to ANY article about an Apple product, and it will instantly turn into a fanbois vs. haters thread.  Same goes for articles about Microsoft products, Google products, etc.  It's ridiculous.

I think what you see at Lottery Post (when comparing to technology websites) is that there is a MUCH more diverse group of people here.  Everyone across the complete spectrum.  At technology websites?  Mainly nerds and gearheads (which I would count myself among) who defend their favorite technology as if they're defending the Alamo.

Regarding the length of people's posts there are certainly shorter posts and there are also incredibly long and detailed posts.  Some of the shorter posts are done in a conversational style, which happens because people spend a lot of time here and have fun conversing with their friends.  So I guess I would say you're partially correct, although whether it's a good or bad thing is dependant upon your perspective.

I do appreciate your thoughtful post, and hopefully you take these remarks in the constructive manner they were intended.

The Windy City
                  United States
                  Member #171690
                  January 10, 2016
                  62 Posts
                  Posted: April 16, 2016, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

The worst? The rampant stupidity and racism.

I Agree!

I'm new here, but the racism is silly and unnecessary.  What the hell.  We're all in this together.  As far as derailing threads, I'm guilty as charged.   Just trying to have some fun.

- Wanna win at least a couple commas

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4792 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2016, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I do want to say Todd has done a good job cleaning up the hostile harassment and threatening and sexist comments to women. We had a couple of morons who were kicked out a while back and the rare few left have their posts deleted asap.

So Thank you Todd.

J'aime La France.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7313 Posts
                      Posted: April 16, 2016, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

The worst? The rampant stupidity and racism.

I Agree!

Stupidity is why we see off topic discussions like this, but it's nice to see that management stepped in. Being an election year there will probably be an  unauthorised contest testing who can get in the most off topic political remarks.

United States
                        Member #153935
                        March 29, 2014
                        29 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2016, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Anyone who does not conform to the purpose and concept of the site gets kicked out.

Kind of how our country should be.

Todd for POTUS.

Albany, GA
                          United States
                          Member #100611
                          November 15, 2010
                          10163 Posts
                          Posted: April 17, 2016, 2:18 am - IP Logged

What I find highly irritating are what I call the daily "innuendo winners". These are the posters that claim a win after every draw but hold no winning tickets ! There is one particular poster in GA  (that shall remain unnamed) that will post anywhere from 50 to 100 random "triads" for Cash 4 "good for 5 draws" (500-1000 potential picks) and then has the audacity to invariably shower herself with self-accolades by coming out after each and  every draw with the "clapping hands" or "little banging hammer" emoticons  to give the (false) impression that she is winning every draw even though she only posted 3 correct digits with an appended 'X' (unknown). Nobody really believes it, but some feel obliged to give the obligatory "congrats" because she posted 3 correct digits and therefore expects recognition (?) It is admittedly a lot easier to claim a win this way, but unfortunately, three correct digits in GA Cash 4 doesn't pay a dime ! I never found a play slip yet that allowed you to mark an 'X'.  This is especially irritating for those of that are serious about winning and study hard to post only exact order picks, but still,  more often than not, end up being 1-offed every draw. As far as I am concerned, posting three digits with an appended X from a field of 500-1000 potential Cash 4 plays is tantamount to nothing more than being 1-offed and is certainly no cause for celebration. Nor is it the appropriate occasion to bring out the clapping hands or banging hammer. Being 1-offed irritates me to no end and I fail to understand why anyone would think otherwise or expect to be congratulated (?)

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
                            Member #51269
                            April 3, 2007
                            529 Posts
                            Posted: April 17, 2016, 3:21 am - IP Logged

What I find highly irritating are what I call the daily "innuendo winners". These are the posters that claim a win after every draw but hold no winning tickets ! There is one particular poster in GA  (that shall remain unnamed) that will post anywhere from 50 to 100 random "triads" for Cash 4 "good for 5 draws" (500-1000 potential picks) and then has the audacity to invariably shower herself with self-accolades by coming out after each and  every draw with the "clapping hands" or "little banging hammer" emoticons  to give the (false) impression that she is winning every draw even though she only posted 3 correct digits with an appended 'X' (unknown). Nobody really believes it, but some feel obliged to give the obligatory "congrats" because she posted 3 correct digits and therefore expects recognition (?) It is admittedly a lot easier to claim a win this way, but unfortunately, three correct digits in GA Cash 4 doesn't pay a dime ! I never found a play slip yet that allowed you to mark an 'X'.  This is especially irritating for those of that are serious about winning and study hard to post only exact order picks, but still,  more often than not, end up being 1-offed every draw. As far as I am concerned, posting three digits with an appended X from a field of 500-1000 potential Cash 4 plays is tantamount to nothing more than being 1-offed and is certainly no cause for celebration. Nor is it the appropriate occasion to bring out the clapping hands or banging hammer. Being 1-offed irritates me to no end and I fail to understand why anyone would think otherwise or expect to be congratulated (?)

I Agree!

backwoods ga
                              United States
                              Member #155844
                              May 31, 2014
                              1890 Posts
                              Posted: April 17, 2016, 7:01 am - IP Logged

I like the super fast results posted by other members and the webmaster. .....

I like reading all the old threads from Win D

I dislike the people who think there is any math equation that can get the next draw

I dislike folks posting in the wrong forum. predictions aren't systems

I dislike how its super hard to post a picture wish it was as easy as posting on facebook

I like the ads. I support the site by clicking on them. And i now know who Silverlion was before getting banned previously

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk