Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

California 1/3 Billion Dollar Powerball Ticket Lost?

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 7 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3474 Posts
Posted: April 17, 2016, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

I can't imagine that somebody has (or had) the ticket and just never realized it was the winner. If you had bought tickets where the winner was sold do you think you'd fail to notice that the winning numbers were on one of those tickets? If you bought a lot of QP's you might  be able to lose one and not even realize it, but I can't imagine having the ticket and failing to realize it.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2016, 12:07 am - IP Logged

I can't imagine that somebody has (or had) the ticket and just never realized it was the winner. If you had bought tickets where the winner was sold do you think you'd fail to notice that the winning numbers were on one of those tickets? If you bought a lot of QP's you might  be able to lose one and not even realize it, but I can't imagine having the ticket and failing to realize it.

I Agree!..California lottery Comission used to show footage of winners who had not come forward after a specific period of time had passed,but it has since changed its habits. I seriously doubt they going to change their stance to reveal the jackpot winner from January. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1522 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2016, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I Agree!..California lottery Comission used to show footage of winners who had not come forward after a specific period of time had passed,but it has since changed its habits. I seriously doubt they going to change their stance to reveal the jackpot winner from January. 

Give the California lottery Commission another six months and they will change their stance for this ticket. Then it will go viral across the globe.

Bash

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2016, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

At first I thought the recent winners of the California 1/3 Powerball Billion Dollar Jackpot were laying low.

But now I'm thinking the ticket may be lost.

Only time will tell

Any ideas?

California Lottery should offer a subscription service, just as the New York Lottery have a subscription service.

It would be very convenient and more secure for players. It would also raise additional revenue, as many high-income people are more lightly to subscribe than buy tickets in stores.

The lottery would also get payment in advance and wouldn't have to pay commissions on subscriptions.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

LA Ca.
          United States
          Member #172750
          February 3, 2016
          89 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2016, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I'm sticking with my "Waking Ned Devine" theory.

California
            United States
            Member #173360
            February 28, 2016
            40 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2016, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Maybe left ticket in shirt pocket and it went into the laundry

Inland Empire
              United States
              Member #118116
              October 22, 2011
              317 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2016, 3:47 am - IP Logged

My vote is that it was purchased by an illegal, undocumented-scurry-across-the-border-without-even-bothering-to-apply-for-an-entry-visa alien who cannot understand English and who has no idea what that ticket represents. Yes, if my African wife must go through the formal visa process, then I definitely think that economic migrants of Mexican or respective Central American country citizenship also must go through the same formal process. That is only right and fair...not racist. It looks like California is going to get a much needed cash injection!

Still better than a terrorist winning.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1522 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2016, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

The ticket holder is just increasing the curiousness of the public. All the why's, who, where, when, what, and how must be answered now. It will be an increasingly  poor strategic move to wait any longer.

Olly Olly Auction Free!  Come out from hiding. LOLLOL

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: April 20, 2016, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

ran it thru a scanner that says it was a loser, its sitting in a waste basket some where

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

LA Ca.
                    United States
                    Member #172750
                    February 3, 2016
                    89 Posts
                    Posted: April 21, 2016, 12:16 am - IP Logged

My vote is that it was purchased by an illegal, undocumented-scurry-across-the-border-without-even-bothering-to-apply-for-an-entry-visa alien who cannot understand English and who has no idea what that ticket represents. Yes, if my African wife must go through the formal visa process, then I definitely think that economic migrants of Mexican or respective Central American country citizenship also must go through the same formal process. That is only right and fair...not racist. It looks like California is going to get a much needed cash injection!

It wouldn't matter, you don't have to be a US Citizen to play... or to win.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                      Brooklyn, NY
                      United States
                      Member #169723
                      October 29, 2015
                      879 Posts
                      Posted: April 21, 2016, 1:36 am - IP Logged

At first I thought the recent winners of the California 1/3 Powerball Billion Dollar Jackpot were laying low.

But now I'm thinking the ticket may be lost.

Only time will tell

Any ideas?

Almost 3 weeks ago, I asked the same thing.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/301492

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
                        Member #106134
                        February 13, 2011
                        806 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2016, 8:57 am - IP Logged

It wouldn't matter, you don't have to be a US Citizen to play... or to win.

I'm not even sure you have to be human.  The family dog can play and win.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                          Member #169277
                          October 10, 2015
                          630 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2016, 11:23 am - IP Logged

The ticket holder is just increasing the curiousness of the public. All the why's, who, where, when, what, and how must be answered now. It will be an increasingly  poor strategic move to wait any longer.

Olly Olly Auction Free!  Come out from hiding. LOLLOL

Unless they are hoping for an even larger PB win to happen, so they can be in the shadow of the new winner. 

Or maybe it's a large family / group with a lot of legal details to work out.

xstreamgaming15's avatar - 41M8sCXM8YL _SY300_.jpg
                            SoCal
                            United States
                            Member #170973
                            December 25, 2015
                            30 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2016, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

My mom was thinking that an illegal bought the 1/3 billion powerball ticket and they're afraid or don't know how to claim it. Since the TN family and the FL couple claimed their share I was thinking the lucky CA person(s) were taking their sweet time before claiming. But now I'm starting to think that 3rd ticket is lost or saw its doom in a washing machine. However still proud that California participated in the record winning powerball jackpot.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                              Brooklyn, NY
                              United States
                              Member #169723
                              October 29, 2015
                              879 Posts
                              Posted: April 24, 2016, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

According to articles in CNN Money,  "About $2 billion in lottery prizes go unclaimed every year. Many of those tickets are worth between $1 and $5, but some folks never realize that they have a life-changing prize in their pocket.

More than 300 prizes worth $1 million or more went unclaimed in 2013

Roughly 114 prizes worth $1 million or more went unclaimed in 2015"

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot