Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strategy for remaining anonymous

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 5 months ago by zephbe.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
LAS VEGAS
United States
Member #47729
November 22, 2006
4492 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2016, 2:34 am - IP Logged

Guys it's just money. There's no need to live in fear if you win a lot of money. Sure there are <snip>s out there that might try to come at you one way or another. You'll have a legal team in place to handle the non physical stuff. And if you're smart, you'll move your residence where other people with money live. Usually means a gated community or a place with a lot of land. Your biggest concern will be trying to not get ripped off by lawyers and financial firms...Now go hit a massive jackpot and go live your life. 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

AMEN TO THAT GYM RICE< et al-

Just pay the man the $2.00, as most pro gamblers know in Vegas & stock market players on the street; you have to owe up when making that kind of money!

It cost to be free-

No Worries

Fortes Fortuna & Harmonia Juvat

Eddessa_Knight with Light Sun Smiley

Ohio
    United States
    Member #175608
    June 25, 2016
    32 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2016, 6:22 am - IP Logged

I don't have any input on the legal aspects of the original plan... But, The only thing that stands out to me in the original post is be really careful who you would trust with your money... It just sounds like that plan would require more trust than I'm personally willing to allow someone to use with something that I had won or whatever...

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #104962
      January 23, 2011
      1075 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2016, 10:29 am - IP Logged

The things people worry about are amazing.  If you don't live in an anonymous state and win a huge jackpot--move 5 hours any direction from where you are now.  Other people have won and are enjoying the win without all the hoopla.  Google happy lottery winners.

Good luck.

Saying these things while not being a jackpot winner is why I can't take you seriously,   when you actually win a large jackpot let us know how it really is ( document it like a reality TV show to prove it ),  especially mikeintexas of the hard reality.

Trump 2016!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
        Texas Panhandle
        United States
        Member #136843
        December 20, 2012
        1257 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2016, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Saying these things while not being a jackpot winner is why I can't take you seriously,   when you actually win a large jackpot let us know how it really is ( document it like a reality TV show to prove it ),  especially mikeintexas of the hard reality.

Reality is a concept of which you are not familiar.

United States
          Member #149820
          December 9, 2013
          643 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2016, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I know I'm not jumping through hoops trying to remain anonymous. If you didn't know me, call me, or talk to me before I won don't bother trying to after I've won. That will be my statement to the public at my press conference 

LA Ca.
            United States
            Member #172750
            February 3, 2016
            88 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2016, 2:22 am - IP Logged

Correct eventually but still wearing a Halloween costume when claiming! Pumpkin

Show up wearing a waldorf/stadler muppet mask & tyvek suit over your clothes. Claim prize, give press conference telling everyone to eff off, discard disguise, hit the airport & disappear for 6 months.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #77167
              July 15, 2009
              554 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2016, 7:18 am - IP Logged

All jackpot winners were just regular folk for the most part.  Most of them managed to get lawyers and financial advisors for the legal stuff.  They didn't get paranoid and go into hiding because they won.  If the idea of winning is so stressful, don't play.  No one forces anyone to buy a lottery ticket.  99% of those whining about winning, won't.

Good luck to those who can handle sudden wealth and hope to win.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #77167
                July 15, 2009
                554 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2016, 7:29 am - IP Logged

Oh no, zephbe...ya GOTTA get the fake tats and nose ring, dontcha know?   I won't be able to afford a toupee before the funds hit my bank account, so I'll just wear a dead cat on my head. After all, I don't want the attention, right?

Your fact-based reality is too much for some of these people to handle.   Stop making sense!

Cheers

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar