Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you win, what GOOD things will you do with the money?

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 4 months ago by Kingofearth.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
Happy California
United States
Member #157856
August 2, 2014
1513 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2016, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Very nice.Blue Angel

Thank You sully16 for the compliment. God Bless you and all here on LP.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    932 Posts
    Posted: July 27, 2016, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

These are all wonderful things to do.  The idea of fixing up old run down buildings for AFFORDABLE housing for the working class and poor is a great idea.  Housing is a major expense.

The idea of supplying animal shelters food, beds etc. appeals to me, paying for some peoples groceries, paying off several stores layaways at Christmas and whatever is done is done anonymously is for me.  I have always seen myself walking by the "ringers" for the Salvation Army giving a roll of hundreds covered by a one and doing this going store to store where the "ringers" are, OR how about being a ringer and filing it up?  Lol.  I give now but it isnt what I wish I could do.

I currently cook a meal for the mens homeless shelter once a month. So much more help could be given with a win.

There are so many ways to help others.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      877 Posts
      Posted: July 27, 2016, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

With the $175 million that I will win tonight, I could support our local police, sheriff, and fire department by paying for the gifts for the innocent children they encounter. Gifts like teddy bears, blankets, dolls or action figures,bicycles, and more. 

Supporting our local red cross will also benefit the children who are victims of fires, floods, or other major disasters. 

All of the above will be done anonymously. If word got out that I did this then the beggars would be at my door again.Shocked

All of the above will be done anonymously. If word got out that I did this then the beggars would be at my door again.Shocked"

AGAIN? Have you won in the past and had beggars at your door or was it that you donated and didn't do it anonymously?

Inquiring minds want to know!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
        Upstate NY
        United States
        Member #174656
        May 5, 2016
        755 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2016, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

I'd buy whatever college Kingofearth goes to and turn it into a homeless shelter.

When the winter is bad, the university keeps a few designated areas open all night long for the homeless or just anyone who needs it. Public colleges can't be bought.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
          Upstate NY
          United States
          Member #174656
          May 5, 2016
          755 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2016, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

All of the above will be done anonymously. If word got out that I did this then the beggars would be at my door again.Shocked"

AGAIN? Have you won in the past and had beggars at your door or was it that you donated and didn't do it anonymously?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I believe he means that when he wins he'll get a S$&@load of beggars and once he starts donating they'll realize he has a working heart and beg a second time.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
            Happy California
            United States
            Member #157856
            August 2, 2014
            1513 Posts
            Posted: July 27, 2016, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I believe he means that when he wins he'll get a S$&@load of beggars and once he starts donating they'll realize he has a working heart and beg a second time.

I Agree! Kingofearth. When I win I will expect the beggars. I have tried helping on my own and it went badly. I will rely on professional organizations. They know how to take care of the indigent. Conehead

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1704 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2016, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

I would Donate to my favorite private Charity, and to the local Mobile Meals organization.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19792 Posts
                Posted: July 27, 2016, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

I already donate/give to many places don't need to WIN the Lottery for that, i have most everything i need so i guess i would just put the money in the Bank savings account.I Agree!

Good Luck everyone Lep

Let it Snow Snowman

Arizona
                  United States
                  Member #165073
                  March 24, 2015
                  220 Posts
                  Posted: July 27, 2016, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

In addition to the usual local feed-the-hungry type organizations, Doctors Without Borders is near the top of my giving list.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
                    Green Bay
                    United States
                    Member #169391
                    October 15, 2015
                    1244 Posts
                    Posted: July 27, 2016, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

So what good things will you do Kingofearth if you win a major jackpot?

Never give up.  Banana

plumsage's avatar - rinard

United States
                      Member #132459
                      September 4, 2012
                      287 Posts
                      Posted: July 27, 2016, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

One charitable act I have had is to set up a foundation for people in shelters that have a job but have a hard time getting to work.  For example, buying buses passes.  Something along those lines.

Happy healthy wealthy and wise.

black$wan's avatar - animal swan.jpg

United States
                        Member #176237
                        July 27, 2016
                        3 Posts
                        Posted: July 27, 2016, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Hello!  I'm black$wan and a newbie here.  I've been hanging back in the shadows for a while now reading the various posts, but decided today to step out into the light when I saw this new topic TheMeatman200 intended to introduce.   His intention regarding the development of affordable housing -  which is unfortunately almost an oxymoron these days - is admirable.  Habitat for Humanity is a phenomenal entity doing phenomenal work, but more, so much more needs to be done.  It will be caring individuals like him who will not only turn decrepit structures into affordable havens for the hard-working, but poor communities into safe, happy, and thriving neighborhoods.  Let's hope he wins!

WINNING!!!

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                          Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #169723
                          October 29, 2015
                          877 Posts
                          Posted: July 27, 2016, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Hello!  I'm black$wan and a newbie here.  I've been hanging back in the shadows for a while now reading the various posts, but decided today to step out into the light when I saw this new topic TheMeatman200 intended to introduce.   His intention regarding the development of affordable housing -  which is unfortunately almost an oxymoron these days - is admirable.  Habitat for Humanity is a phenomenal entity doing phenomenal work, but more, so much more needs to be done.  It will be caring individuals like him who will not only turn decrepit structures into affordable havens for the hard-working, but poor communities into safe, happy, and thriving neighborhoods.  Let's hope he wins!

Welcome to Lottery Post black$wan

Thank you for your compliment on my idea. I hope that one day (or tonight) my dream of doing this will be able to become reality.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                            Member #118609
                            November 4, 2011
                            932 Posts
                            Posted: July 27, 2016, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Welcome black$wan, I agree, this is an excellent thread, with lots of good ideas and comments.  I so wish we all could win a lottery and do great things instead of depending on this sorely lacking government.

black$wan's avatar - animal swan.jpg

United States
                              Member #176237
                              July 27, 2016
                              3 Posts
                              Posted: July 27, 2016, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

One charitable act I have had is to set up a foundation for people in shelters that have a job but have a hard time getting to work.  For example, buying buses passes.  Something along those lines.

Hurray!  Now that is an awesome idea!  It is absolutely astonishing how many people struggle just to get to work.  Sometimes a choice has to be made between spending the money on transportation ... or being able to eat lunch or dinner.  What a help that would be to many people! 

WINNING!!!