Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strategy for playing the Florida Fantasy 5 smarter

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 4 months ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
maxodds's avatar - max
Jupiter, FL
United States
Member #154501
April 18, 2014
74 Posts
Posted: July 28, 2016, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Here is some information I hope will help you to "pick"(not quick pick) your numbers smarter. The table is first then the explanation is next so please scroll down.

Range Analysis

Range Analysis 2 of 3

Maxods Range Analysis 3 of 3

This Table outlines what numbers are likely to play in 1 of 5 positions in the Fantasy 5. For position 1, it is more likely that numbers from 1-13 will play, for position 2, it is more likely that numbers from 2-22 will play, for position 3, it is more likely that numbers from 8-29 will play, for position 4, it is more likely that numbers from 15-34 will play and for position 5, it is more likely that numbers from 24-36 will play. Using this rule you will end up picking numbers that win approximately 85 percent of the time the Florida Fantasy 5 plays.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
    Member #164727
    March 12, 2015
    2527 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2016, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Had  to delete my last post...duh, I didn't take the time to really read and re-read it, ha.

So the 834 means that between 7-15-2001 and 7-27-2016, a number between 1-13 showed in the first position 834 times.

This is priceless information. Thank You so much !

maxodds's avatar - max
      Jupiter, FL
      United States
      Member #154501
      April 18, 2014
      74 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2016, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Kinda close but this is the correct explanation...

What the 834 is, it means that for all the drawings since July 15th 2001 to the ost current drawing July 27th 2016 The number one has played 834 times in position 1(number only plays in position one). It gets interesting as you go down the table. For the number two, for the same period it has played 672 times in position 1 and only 103 times in position 2. This means that the number two is most likely to be played in position 1. So if I am buying the number 2, I would buy it mostly in position 1.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3707 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2016, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Kinda close but this is the correct explanation...

What the 834 is, it means that for all the drawings since July 15th 2001 to the ost current drawing July 27th 2016 The number one has played 834 times in position 1(number only plays in position one). It gets interesting as you go down the table. For the number two, for the same period it has played 672 times in position 1 and only 103 times in position 2. This means that the number two is most likely to be played in position 1. So if I am buying the number 2, I would buy it mostly in position 1.

Although I'm in New York, I'll offer a tip of my cap to you!  Great info! 

I would think that the total for each number would be similar (but larger) for New York's 5/39 game, Take5.  It began in January of 1991, so it has ten more years of history than Fantasy Five.  That's why I say the totals would be larger. 

I'm curious as to what method you used to calculate the total for each position.  I'm sure you must have used software of some kind.  Thanks.  G5 

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

maxodds's avatar - max
          Jupiter, FL
          United States
          Member #154501
          April 18, 2014
          74 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2016, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Thanks guys, am glad you both find the information useful.

You are so right, I would think the total draws for the New York 5/39 game would be in similar proportions(but higher like you say). Wish I had the time to create it.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23273 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:05 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Pick 5 forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5611 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:45 am - IP Logged

I used to have charts like this for MM, Texas Lotto, and Texas 2 Step a few years ago. It was good info. The problem with it is that the most frequently drawn numbers for each position weren't necessarily drawn together.

I have a chart like this for Texas Cash 5 that I just put together just to watch. I don't play that game very often.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

maxodds's avatar - max
                Jupiter, FL
                United States
                Member #154501
                April 18, 2014
                74 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:57 am - IP Logged

I used to have charts like this for MM, Texas Lotto, and Texas 2 Step a few years ago. It was good info. The problem with it is that the most frequently drawn numbers for each position weren't necessarily drawn together.

I have a chart like this for Texas Cash 5 that I just put together just to watch. I don't play that game very often.

That is true also, I use it as just one strategy to incorporate with other strategies. For the most part to help with that I mostly focus on the 1st and last positions.

Also what is important to note is that for example numbers from 14 and up are still likely to play in position, its just that i will buy less of those.

South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #18322
                  July 9, 2005
                  1706 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2016, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Why does it matter which position Fantasy Five numbers are drawn in ???  Pick 5 numbers can be drawn in any position, it doesn't matter, b/c you're not wagering by position or order drawn. When you're deciding which numbers to wheel, your mind  automatically puts the numbers in Ascending Order, and it doesn't matter if the number [1] is drawn first or last, as long as it is represented in the wheel.

maxodds's avatar - max
                    Jupiter, FL
                    United States
                    Member #154501
                    April 18, 2014
                    74 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2016, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

I think you are missing the key concept of the table, and even being on this site. What we are trying to do here is maximizing our chances of winning anything while playing the lottery. Now based on the table it is evident that all the numbers are more popular in certain positions, meaning they are most likely to play in that position. For example the number 3 is most likely to play in position 1. If I am picking the number 3 I would buy it mostly in position 1, I wouldn't buy a lot of iit in position 3, it is less likely to play there.

And also pick 5 number cant be drawn in any position.

I think you are are alluding to things not mentioned or implied in the original post.

maxodds's avatar - max
                      Jupiter, FL
                      United States
                      Member #154501
                      April 18, 2014
                      74 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2016, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

A lot of people are thinking/or looking for a system to predict the lottery, there quite wont be a system like that.

Instead I started changing my mindset to playing tickets that are most likely to play, if I play the lottery regular, the tickets "I pick" are most likely to win.

Las Vegas, NV
                        United States
                        Member #44841
                        August 9, 2006
                        1749 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2016, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

A lot of people are thinking/or looking for a system to predict the lottery, there quite wont be a system like that.

Instead I started changing my mindset to playing tickets that are most likely to play, if I play the lottery regular, the tickets "I pick" are most likely to win.

This strategy can be particularly useful when looking for the best "high" start digit that happens every X number of games!  Meaning focusing on #s 10-19 to appear in Pos 1.  X will be different of course for FL's Fan5 vs NY's Take-5 or CA's Fan 5.  But definitely worth looking at since lines with mostly or all higher numbers tend to have better payouts ...

South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #18322
                          July 9, 2005
                          1706 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2016, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

I think you are missing the key concept of the table, and even being on this site. What we are trying to do here is maximizing our chances of winning anything while playing the lottery. Now based on the table it is evident that all the numbers are more popular in certain positions, meaning they are most likely to play in that position. For example the number 3 is most likely to play in position 1. If I am picking the number 3 I would buy it mostly in position 1, I wouldn't buy a lot of iit in position 3, it is less likely to play there.

And also pick 5 number cant be drawn in any position.

I think you are are alluding to things not mentioned or implied in the original post.

I still don't understand your point about positional play in the Florida Fantasy 5

If you play the following numbers on your playslip: 36, 11, 30, 22, 1 in this exact order, and the numbers are drawn in this exact order: 11, 22, 1, 36, 30, then you still win the Florida Pick 5 JackpotCorrect ?? 

It doesn't matter what order [position] you fill out your playslip, or what order the winning numbers are drawn in.  If you have all of the winning numbers on the same line, in any order, you STILL WIN !!! Correct ???

Positional play only matters in Pick 3/4Positional play does not matter in Pick 5, Pick 6, PB/MM, or Lucky for Life.  Correct ??!

maxodds's avatar - max
                            Jupiter, FL
                            United States
                            Member #154501
                            April 18, 2014
                            74 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2016, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

OK I see, you dont yet understand the idea I am bringing across.

First let me agree with you, 36, 11, 30, 22, 1 and 11, 22, 1, 36, 30, are the same thing, but thats not what we are talking about here.

After the drawing of 11, 22, 1, 36 and 30 is done, rearrange the numbers in numerical order, you will get 1, 11, 22, 30 and 36, where the number 1 is in position 1 per my table, 11 in position 2 and so on. Now note, the number 1 only plays in position 1, the number 36 only plays in position 36, but the number 11, (and am glad you picked this ticket), the number 11 is most popular in position 2. Now I will see if you understand this strategy, tell me what positions the numbers 22 and 30 are most popular in?

South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #18322
                              July 9, 2005
                              1706 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2016, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

OK I see, you dont yet understand the idea I am bringing across.

First let me agree with you, 36, 11, 30, 22, 1 and 11, 22, 1, 36, 30, are the same thing, but thats not what we are talking about here.

After the drawing of 11, 22, 1, 36 and 30 is done, rearrange the numbers in numerical order, you will get 1, 11, 22, 30 and 36, where the number 1 is in position 1 per my table, 11 in position 2 and so on. Now note, the number 1 only plays in position 1, the number 36 only plays in position 36, but the number 11, (and am glad you picked this ticket), the number 11 is most popular in position 2. Now I will see if you understand this strategy, tell me what positions the numbers 22 and 30 are most popular in?

According to your chart ......

The number 22 is most popular in the 3rd & 4th positions.

The number 30 is most popular in the 4th & 5th positions.