Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strategy for playing the Florida Fantasy 5 smarter

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 4 months ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
maxodds's avatar - max
Jupiter, FL
United States
Member #154501
April 18, 2014
74 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2016, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Glad you caught the error and now we are on track GiveFive.

Well here goes for the New York Take 5 Range Chart for all positions 1 thru 5. I was able to get it done today.

Maxodds - New York Take 5 Range Analysis 1 of 3

Maxodds - New York Take 5 Range Analysis 2 of 3

Maxodds - New York Take 5 Range Analysis 3 of 3

Enjoy!

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
    Member #164727
    March 12, 2015
    2522 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2016, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I understand how to read this chart.  But, you've still lost me as to how positional play helps any in the Pick 5 game.

Please give an example of how choosing numbers by position in the Pick 5 gives an advantage ???

Are you possibly implying that we should choose numbers that are drawn more often in the entirety of the game ??? For example, the number 36 has been drawn 785 times in position 5, and the number 35 has been drawn 762 times in positions 4 & 5.  Are you implying that we should choose to play these 2 numbers [35 & 36] more often in a wheel, b/c they are drawn very often in the game in its entirety [over all] ??? 

It's just a way to re-position the numbers in an orderly way, in order to track them better. Once in a while you'll notice that there is a winner that has all high digits like, 20-24-26-27-31, this is rare, or all low numbers is rare. Usually there is a spread, and although this is no guarantee the spread will be evenly spaced out, for the most part, certain numbers like their place on the grid, sort of like the home area. 

Again, it's just one way to organize the numbers, so we can see their behaviors. Would you rather track numbers in this order?....31-1-17-22-36?....Or.....1-17-22-31-36?

maxodds's avatar - max
      Jupiter, FL
      United States
      Member #154501
      April 18, 2014
      74 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2016, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

On point Amber, this way we can see what numbers are "most likely" to play in each of the 5 positions. And just like I have heard here, "what is most probable to happen, tends to happen most often".

Las Vegas, NV
        United States
        Member #44841
        August 9, 2006
        1749 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2016, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Well here goes for the New York Take 5 Range Chart for all positions 1 thru 5. I was able to get it done today.

Enjoy!

Thank you! Nicely done too!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2016, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

According to your chart ......

The number 22 is most popular in the 3rd & 4th positions.

The number 30 is most popular in the 4th & 5th positions.

With good lottery software you have that kind of information at your finger tips all the time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Las Vegas, NV
            United States
            Member #44841
            August 9, 2006
            1749 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2016, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

With good lottery software you have that kind of information at your finger tips all the time.

Which one do you use?

Las Vegas, NV
              United States
              Member #44841
              August 9, 2006
              1749 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2016, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Reason I'm asking is because its been my experience that the software will tell you how many hits each digit has had but not which position it hit in ...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2016, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Which one do you use?

I designed my own years ago using GW-Basic. When Windows 8 came out I learned enough QB64 to modify it to run on Windows 8 and Now Windows 10.  I once had copies of Lotto Pro and Lotto Buster but I've been able to customize my own to give me any information I want the way I want it. I'm always adding features as I think of new ways to play.

Evil Looking       

Las Vegas, NV
                  United States
                  Member #44841
                  August 9, 2006
                  1749 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2016, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I designed my own years ago using GW-Basic. When Windows 8 came out I learned enough QB64 to modify it to run on Windows 8 and Now Windows 10.  I once had copies of Lotto Pro and Lotto Buster but I've been able to customize my own to give me any information I want the way I want it. I'm always adding features as I think of new ways to play.

That's fantastic.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm challenged just trying to put together advanced formulas in Excel!  Fortunately, I've been able to get by using GH's Advantage Plus.  I also used Lotto Director Pro in the past when the site was up and running ...

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                    NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3702 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2016, 6:43 am - IP Logged

Custom/home-grown code. I thought that would be the answer to Feisty1's question.  I've seen lots of commercially available lottery software, but I've never seen any of it do Range/Positional Analysis.

Congrats.  You've managed to do something for yourself that the majority of players cant do either because they don't have the time, or they lack the technical skills to do it. G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                      NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3702 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2016, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Enjoy!

Thanks!  I've been tracking T5's numbers on a year to date basis.  #39 is T5's hottest number in 2016 with 39 hits, but of course, it can only hit in position 5!!  Wouldn't you just know that would happen!!! LOL!

That said, #'s 17 and 31 are in second place with 34 hits each.  #17 is probably best played in position 3 and #31 has shown in position 5 the most this year, so it's probably the best slot to play it as well.  Thanks again. G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

maxodds's avatar - max
                        Jupiter, FL
                        United States
                        Member #154501
                        April 18, 2014
                        74 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2016, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I'd say for #17, position 3 & 4 are equally like since the numbers are fairly close.

We could all win the lottery today!

Las Vegas, NV
                          United States
                          Member #44841
                          August 9, 2006
                          1749 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2016, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Custom/home-grown code. I thought that would be the answer to Feisty1's question.  I've seen lots of commercially available lottery software, but I've never seen any of it do Range/Positional Analysis.

Congrats.  You've managed to do something for yourself that the majority of players cant do either because they don't have the time, or they lack the technical skills to do it. G5

Exactly! Wink

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19826 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2016, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

From what i've read premium LP members can do the same with data files here.

Evil Looking