Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strategy for playing the Florida Fantasy 5 smarter

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 4 months ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
maxodds's avatar - max
Jupiter, FL
United States
Member #154501
April 18, 2014
74 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2016, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

According to your chart ......

The number 22 is most popular in the 3rd & 4th positions.

The number 30 is most popular in the 4th & 5th positions.

OK great, glad you understand it now, let me know if this info will be helpful to you, thanks.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1704 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2016, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Here is some information I hope will help you to "pick"(not quick pick) your numbers smarter. The table is first then the explanation is next so please scroll down.

Range Analysis

Range Analysis 2 of 3

Maxods Range Analysis 3 of 3

This Table outlines what numbers are likely to play in 1 of 5 positions in the Fantasy 5. For position 1, it is more likely that numbers from 1-13 will play, for position 2, it is more likely that numbers from 2-22 will play, for position 3, it is more likely that numbers from 8-29 will play, for position 4, it is more likely that numbers from 15-34 will play and for position 5, it is more likely that numbers from 24-36 will play. Using this rule you will end up picking numbers that win approximately 85 percent of the time the Florida Fantasy 5 plays.

I understand how to read this chart.  But, you've still lost me as to how positional play helps any in the Pick 5 game.

Please give an example of how choosing numbers by position in the Pick 5 gives an advantage ???

Are you possibly implying that we should choose numbers that are drawn more often in the entirety of the game ??? For example, the number 36 has been drawn 785 times in position 5, and the number 35 has been drawn 762 times in positions 4 & 5.  Are you implying that we should choose to play these 2 numbers [35 & 36] more often in a wheel, b/c they are drawn very often in the game in its entirety [over all] ??? 

South Carolina
      United States
      Member #18322
      July 9, 2005
      1704 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2016, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

I understand how to read this chart.  But, you've still lost me as to how positional play helps any in the Pick 5 game.

Please give an example of how choosing numbers by position in the Pick 5 gives an advantage ???

Are you possibly implying that we should choose numbers that are drawn more often in the entirety of the game ??? For example, the number 36 has been drawn 785 times in position 5, and the number 35 has been drawn 762 times in positions 4 & 5.  Are you implying that we should choose to play these 2 numbers [35 & 36] more often in a wheel, b/c they are drawn very often in the game in its entirety [over all] ??? 

I could see how this strategy might help if you are using a Jackpot Multi-Stage Wheeling System [Steve Player has some. Ex: Millennium Wheel].  If your strategy is to play the most popular numbers that are drawn most often in the game as a whole, then you could determine this by the chart.

You would divide the numbers in the game into Number Ranges: 1) 1 - 10, (2) 11 - 20, (3) 21 - 30, (4) 31 - 36 , and then choose the numbers that are drawn most often in each Range from the information in the chart.  Then put those numbers into what Steve Player calls a Multi-Stage Wheeling System for the Jackpot Games, which supposedly gives better coverage b/c of how the wheel is arranged. [I am not promoting SP products.  I do not own any of his Jackpot Wheeling systems.  I am simply using his wheeling system Concepts {Arrangement} as an example. Whatever wheeling system you use, the correct winning numbers still have to show up on the same line in the wheel, in any order.]

If you are thinking about using positional play in the Pick 5 game in some other manner, please EXPLAIN  !!!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3701 Posts
        Posted: July 30, 2016, 9:15 am - IP Logged

Kinda close but this is the correct explanation...

What the 834 is, it means that for all the drawings since July 15th 2001 to the ost current drawing July 27th 2016 The number one has played 834 times in position 1(number only plays in position one). It gets interesting as you go down the table. For the number two, for the same period it has played 672 times in position 1 and only 103 times in position 2. This means that the number two is most likely to be played in position 1. So if I am buying the number 2, I would buy it mostly in position 1.

The above explanation of what you've done with your chart works best for me.

IMHO, the key words you wrote are "most likely to be played".  To me, "most likely" translates into "most probable". Simply put, I believe that which is most probable, happens most often. 

Although the reported results of the drawing are sorted in ascending order, and not in the sequence the numbers were drawn in, my inclination would be to play #2 in position 1. The only exception to that would be that I was also playing #1 on the same line. G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3701 Posts
          Posted: July 30, 2016, 10:03 am - IP Logged

This strategy can be particularly useful when looking for the best "high" start digit that happens every X number of games!  Meaning focusing on #s 10-19 to appear in Pos 1.  X will be different of course for FL's Fan5 vs NY's Take-5 or CA's Fan 5.  But definitely worth looking at since lines with mostly or all higher numbers tend to have better payouts ...

Hi Feisty!

Like you, (and as can be seen in my earlier posts in this thread) I think Maxodd's Range Chart has merit to it. That said, I would add that I would use it in combination with other charts/spreadsheets and software that I currently use. One thing that I've noticed about it is that it clearly demonstrates that in the entire history of Florida's Fantasy5, the combination of 1 2 3 4 5 has never been drawn, nor has 32 33 34 35 36. (No big surprise!) To my mind, playing numbers positionally does make sense.  For instance, in NY's Take5, five numbers in the same number group are rarely drawn. That last happened in T5 on 12/25/2014 when #'s 31 32 33 37 39 were drawn. Because it's rare for five numbers in the same number group to be drawn together, having five consecutive numbers drawn from the same number group is even more rare, and The Range Chart demonstrates that point. To me, the chart is telling players to avoid playing 1 2 3 4 5 etc. Conversely, I think it also tells players in which positions it makes the most sense to play any given number(s).

I'm thinking about creating a Range Chart (Excel spreadsheet) of my own for NY's Take5, but I'll probably take a slightly different approach to creating mine than Maxodds did creating his. 

The approach I'm considering in making my spreadsheet is this; I may take just one years worth of Take5 drawings and calculate the percentage of times any given number appears in any given position.  I'm not expecting to see a radically different chart than what's seen on Maxodds Range Chart.  It's just a personal preference thing on my part, and by using percentages, I would think that those percentages would apply to almost any other year as well. We'll see!  G5   

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3701 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2016, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Hi Feisty!

Like you, (and as can be seen in my earlier posts in this thread) I think Maxodd's Range Chart has merit to it. That said, I would add that I would use it in combination with other charts/spreadsheets and software that I currently use. One thing that I've noticed about it is that it clearly demonstrates that in the entire history of Florida's Fantasy5, the combination of 1 2 3 4 5 has never been drawn, nor has 32 33 34 35 36. (No big surprise!) To my mind, playing numbers positionally does make sense.  For instance, in NY's Take5, five numbers in the same number group are rarely drawn. That last happened in T5 on 12/25/2014 when #'s 31 32 33 37 39 were drawn. Because it's rare for five numbers in the same number group to be drawn together, having five consecutive numbers drawn from the same number group is even more rare, and The Range Chart demonstrates that point. To me, the chart is telling players to avoid playing 1 2 3 4 5 etc. Conversely, I think it also tells players in which positions it makes the most sense to play any given number(s).

I'm thinking about creating a Range Chart (Excel spreadsheet) of my own for NY's Take5, but I'll probably take a slightly different approach to creating mine than Maxodds did creating his. 

The approach I'm considering in making my spreadsheet is this; I may take just one years worth of Take5 drawings and calculate the percentage of times any given number appears in any given position.  I'm not expecting to see a radically different chart than what's seen on Maxodds Range Chart.  It's just a personal preference thing on my part, and by using percentages, I would think that those percentages would apply to almost any other year as well. We'll see!  G5   

Well, it's a very labor intensive/time consuming effort, but I started making an Excel spreadsheet for Take5 in 2015. I've completed numbers 1 through 10. (I wish I had coding skills because I'd much rather have my laptop automatically do the work I've done manually!)  I've yet to convert the results I've seen into percenatges, but I'll do that at a later point in time.

At any rate, what I've seen as a result of the work I've done goes something like this; It's pointless to play #10 in position 5.  Should I get a quick pick with #10 in position five, I'll know that I got a really lousy set of computer generated numbers.  (At least as far as winning a jackpot goes, but then, who really knows?? Maybe I'd get the happiest shock of my life!)

More to follow...as time permits!  G5

Las Vegas, NV
              United States
              Member #44841
              August 9, 2006
              1749 Posts
              Posted: July 30, 2016, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Well, it's a very labor intensive/time consuming effort, but I started making an Excel spreadsheet for Take5 in 2015. I've completed numbers 1 through 10. (I wish I had coding skills because I'd much rather have my laptop automatically do the work I've done manually!)  I've yet to convert the results I've seen into percenatges, but I'll do that at a later point in time.

At any rate, what I've seen as a result of the work I've done goes something like this; It's pointless to play #10 in position 5.  Should I get a quick pick with #10 in position five, I'll know that I got a really lousy set of computer generated numbers.  (At least as far as winning a jackpot goes, but then, who really knows?? Maybe I'd get the happiest shock of my life!)

More to follow...as time permits!  G5

Hey G5,

You already know I like how you think!  I've started an excel chart using CA's Fantasy 5 history, not so much for the count per position of each digit, but rather to color code the first and second positions for those high starts that I mentioned in my previous post.  This way it's much easier to spot when the long skips occur and then you can position yourself to pounce ... Maxodd's chart is a nice complement to other charts using this type of strategy.  When you know which digits from the teens group hits in position 1 more often then make your wheel(s) accordingly!  Positional play in this game means that you wouldn't necessarily play everyday, but rather wait for the "right" conditions and then go for it.  That calls for a whole other level of discipline and patience!  Believe me, I know because it sure took me forever to realize it ... matter of fact I'm still working on it.

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3701 Posts
                Posted: July 30, 2016, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I just finished making my Take5 Range Chart/spreadsheet for 2015.

There are no major surprises on it, but I did gain a few insights or get different perspective on how I look at the numbers. One thing that I realized as I made it is that how many hits a number may have had in a calendar year has some bearing on what you'll see.  For instance in Take5 for 2015, #17 was the hottest number of the year with 61 hits.  In 24 of those 61 hits, it appeared in the second position.  So roughly two thirds of the time #17 appeared in the second position. It did in fact appear in all five positions, but only once out of those 61 hits did it appear in position five.  To my way of thinking, playing #17 in position two is probably best.  Playing it in position five more than likely is not a good thing to do.  (It certainly wasn't in 2015 anyway!)

The highest number I saw in position one was #28.  But that only happened once in 2015.  I'd have been better off playing it in position 4, as it hit 15 times there. #28 was tied for the least amount of hits in 2015 with only 33 hits for the year. 

So what's all this really mean?  I dunno!...  I guess it means you're better of playing #38 in position five. That's were it fell the most in 2015....  G5

maxodds's avatar - max
                  Jupiter, FL
                  United States
                  Member #154501
                  April 18, 2014
                  74 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2016, 3:00 am - IP Logged

I just finished making my Take5 Range Chart/spreadsheet for 2015.

There are no major surprises on it, but I did gain a few insights or get different perspective on how I look at the numbers. One thing that I realized as I made it is that how many hits a number may have had in a calendar year has some bearing on what you'll see.  For instance in Take5 for 2015, #17 was the hottest number of the year with 61 hits.  In 24 of those 61 hits, it appeared in the second position.  So roughly two thirds of the time #17 appeared in the second position. It did in fact appear in all five positions, but only once out of those 61 hits did it appear in position five.  To my way of thinking, playing #17 in position two is probably best.  Playing it in position five more than likely is not a good thing to do.  (It certainly wasn't in 2015 anyway!)

The highest number I saw in position one was #28.  But that only happened once in 2015.  I'd have been better off playing it in position 4, as it hit 15 times there. #28 was tied for the least amount of hits in 2015 with only 33 hits for the year. 

So what's all this really mean?  I dunno!...  I guess it means you're better of playing #38 in position five. That's were it fell the most in 2015....  G5

Precisely the point of the chart, glad you are grasping the concept G5, expect some more ideas and post to come from me, "we" can all win the lottery today, so stay tuned.

What would be even more interesting is if you did this for about 2 more years, separately, just to see if the trend is consistent from year to year and that would prove the concept right.

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3701 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2016, 6:01 am - IP Logged

Precisely the point of the chart, glad you are grasping the concept G5, expect some more ideas and post to come from me, "we" can all win the lottery today, so stay tuned.

What would be even more interesting is if you did this for about 2 more years, separately, just to see if the trend is consistent from year to year and that would prove the concept right.

I think the thing that might or could confuse some folks with regard to what you've shown them is the fact that the draw order of the numbers is not what appears on TV, in newspapers or on websites.  And, when you buy a ticket, the lines of numbers on them are printed (sorted) in numerical order.  I guess that's done to make it easy for players to check the lines on their tickets.  Of course, the numbers could be drawn in numerical order, but to my way of thinking, that probably never happens. (But I wouldn't doubt that it actually has happened a few times given all of the states lottery games and all of the drawings that have been held.) At any rate, the point I'm trying to make is I think it's a good idea to try to build my lines on my tickets as they're seen printed in a newspaper without regard to the sequence the numbers might be drawn in. 

I agree. A couple of more years of data probably will confirm the concept.  That said, I cant commit to doing what I did yesterday anytime soon!  Truth be known though, once I got into a rhythm with Excel, it wasn't as time consuming as I originally thought it would be.  We'll see. If we get a rainy day here in my area, I might knock out another range chart.

BTW, I'm always interested in new and different ways of looking at the numbers. Your Range Chart is simply another way of looking at numbers and something I had not seen before. I liked what I saw. Keep up the nice work!  G5 

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3701 Posts
                      Posted: July 31, 2016, 6:29 am - IP Logged

Hey G5,

You already know I like how you think!  I've started an excel chart using CA's Fantasy 5 history, not so much for the count per position of each digit, but rather to color code the first and second positions for those high starts that I mentioned in my previous post.  This way it's much easier to spot when the long skips occur and then you can position yourself to pounce ... Maxodd's chart is a nice complement to other charts using this type of strategy.  When you know which digits from the teens group hits in position 1 more often then make your wheel(s) accordingly!  Positional play in this game means that you wouldn't necessarily play everyday, but rather wait for the "right" conditions and then go for it.  That calls for a whole other level of discipline and patience!  Believe me, I know because it sure took me forever to realize it ... matter of fact I'm still working on it.

Feisty,

Agreed! Color coding the numbers in Excel is a good way to fly.  I've been doing that with my spreadsheets for quite some time.  It definitely helps me very quickly spot high numbers in the first position. If I had to guess, I'd say #14 or #15 in Take5 are probably the two numbers that hit in the first position the highest percentage of the time. (Since T5 began, way back in January of 1992)

Patience???  What's that? 

Discipline?  Never heard of it!

Actually, I have heard of both of them.  But I aint got any.  G5

maxodds's avatar - max
                        Jupiter, FL
                        United States
                        Member #154501
                        April 18, 2014
                        74 Posts
                        Posted: July 31, 2016, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

I have a system I use to help make the table so probably I will do one for the other 5/39 games listed here.

If I had to guess though, I'd say #1 or #2 in Take5 are probably the two numbers that hit in the first position the highest percentage of the time.

Las Vegas, NV
                          United States
                          Member #44841
                          August 9, 2006
                          1749 Posts
                          Posted: July 31, 2016, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

I have a system I use to help make the table so probably I will do one for the other 5/39 games listed here.

If I had to guess though, I'd say #1 or #2 in Take5 are probably the two numbers that hit in the first position the highest percentage of the time.

That would be Great!  I was going to ask if you had the time to pls put a chart up for either NY or CA, but if you can do both that would be really nice.  I was about to wrestle with my excel chart but I'm pretty weak in the formulas department ... Dead

Las Vegas, NV
                            United States
                            Member #44841
                            August 9, 2006
                            1749 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2016, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Feisty,

Agreed! Color coding the numbers in Excel is a good way to fly.  I've been doing that with my spreadsheets for quite some time.  It definitely helps me very quickly spot high numbers in the first position. If I had to guess, I'd say #14 or #15 in Take5 are probably the two numbers that hit in the first position the highest percentage of the time. (Since T5 began, way back in January of 1992)

Patience???  What's that? 

Discipline?  Never heard of it!

Actually, I have heard of both of them.  But I aint got any.  G5

GF,

LOL  You crack me up ... I played T5 from that very first game!!! 

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3701 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2016, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

You're right, #'s1 and 2 hit in the first position the highest percentage of the time...

When I looked back at what I wrote, I saw that I did a particularly lousy job of stating what I was trying to say.

What I was trying to say was this; #'s 14 and 15 are probably the most frequent numbers appearing in position 1 when numbers 1 thru 9 are not drawn.  It's very common for most Take5 drawings to have a single digit number in position 1.  But when there is no single digit number drawn, my guess is that #'s 14 and 15 appear in position 1 more frequently than any other two digit number.  Must be old age or sumthin'.... Geesh.  G5