Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Picking my own numbers

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 3 months ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19813 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2016, 2:48 pm - IP Logged
I looked at the last 85 PowerBall drawings since its last matrix change to 5/69 + 1/26 and decided if I played my best chance of having a winner this Saturday based on the numbers behavior during those drawings would be to pick numbers of 2-9 for the first position, numbers of 8-32 for the second position, numbers of 13-53 for the third position, numbers of 16-62 for the forth position and numbers of 40-67 for the fifth position with the ten most popular bonus numbers that have not follower bonus number 24.
I did some more figuring and if I'm correct my odds of winning this PB jackpot would be reduced from 1:292,201,338 to 1:28,929,000 which only includes 9.9% of the possible combinations.  Everything is reduced, even the number pools so I would pick ten such lines.  I've always belived reducing the number pools without eliminating the winning numbers increases the odds of winning.
I seldom play PB because of its $2 per line price but when its jackpots get close to a half billion dollars or more I like to dream about winning it but I can't dream if I don't play and $20 for such a dream is within my budget.  Picking my own lines make playing even more enjoyable.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1237 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2016, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing your strategy.  Let us know if you hit any numbers.

Never give up.  Banana

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      875 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2016, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Most of the time, I buy quick-pick, but when I do pick my own numbers, I scan the numbers until one pops out at me. Usually I try not to have a lot of numbers on the same line or a lot of numbers with the same last digit.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #77167
        July 15, 2009
        554 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2016, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

All my tickets ended so today I bought one quick pick for each of the games I play.

If I'm going to win, I will and if I don't it's just another small donation to education.

Good luck.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
          Zaperlopopotam
          Belgium
          Member #173932
          March 26, 2016
          945 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2016, 5:03 pm - IP Logged
          I looked at the last 85 PowerBall drawings since its last matrix change to 5/69 + 1/26 and decided if I played my best chance of having a winner this Saturday based on the numbers behavior during those drawings would be to pick numbers of 2-9 for the first position, numbers of 8-32 for the second position, numbers of 13-53 for the third position, numbers of 16-62 for the forth position and numbers of 40-67 for the fifth position with the ten most popular bonus numbers that have not follower bonus number 24.
          I did some more figuring and if I'm correct my odds of winning this PB jackpot would be reduced from 1:292,201,338 to 1:28,929,000 which only includes 9.9% of the possible combinations.  Everything is reduced, even the number pools so I would pick ten such lines.  I've always belived reducing the number pools without eliminating the winning numbers increases the odds of winning.
          I seldom play PB because of its $2 per line price but when its jackpots get close to a half billion dollars or more I like to dream about winning it but I can't dream if I don't play and $20 for such a dream is within my budget.  Picking my own lines make playing even more enjoyable.

2 dollars is a high price for a chance. They know how to get to your money. They create big jackpots.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
            USA
            United States
            Member #152799
            February 25, 2014
            1090 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2016, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to use your format strategy and combine that with numbers that haven't been picked in the last 6 draws.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22834 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2016, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

RJOh, I hope you win a nice prize for your efforts. Gl!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19813 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2016, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

2 dollars is a high price for a chance. They know how to get to your money. They create big jackpots.

I would agree if the jackpot was less than $100M with  those odds because there are other games with better odds for that amount that cost less to play.  But for a half billion dollars those odds and that price is to be expected or it would have been won already. Wink

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5586 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2016, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Nice to see you back RJ. I hadn't seen you post and was wondering about you.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19813 Posts
                    Posted: July 30, 2016, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing your strategy.  Let us know if you hit any numbers.

I usually post my picks on the prediction board, if you're really interested just check tonight's predictions results.

Evil Looking       

USA
                      United States
                      Member #152799
                      February 25, 2014
                      1090 Posts
                      Posted: July 31, 2016, 9:13 am - IP Logged

I'm going to use your format strategy and combine that with numbers that haven't been picked in the last 6 draws.

With all the low birthday numbers that came out, all my self picks got hung out to dry. Vacation break from playing the lottery since PB was won last night as it will most likely be October before any of the jackpot prizes look attractive again.

Good luck to those who religiously play every draw.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                        Brooklyn, NY
                        United States
                        Member #169723
                        October 29, 2015
                        875 Posts
                        Posted: July 31, 2016, 11:41 am - IP Logged

With all the low birthday numbers that came out, all my self picks got hung out to dry. Vacation break from playing the lottery since PB was won last night as it will most likely be October before any of the jackpot prizes look attractive again.

Got to be in it, to win it D.

I will have my 1 ticket for MM and PB for the next drawings. It may not be $487 mil, but it will certainly be more millions than I have now!

As for religiously.... yes, I buy a ticket for every draw and then say a prayer...

Please G-D, let me win the lottery! Scared

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

USA
                          United States
                          Member #152799
                          February 25, 2014
                          1090 Posts
                          Posted: July 31, 2016, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Doesn't make any sense to play at starting levels in either PB or MM. I will probably play in state games like cash for life during my travels to neighboring states. NC only offer lucky for life and while the tickets are $2 as well the odds are much worse so I avoid that game.

Perhaps one day God will finally answer your prayers, good luck to you.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
                            Upstate NY
                            United States
                            Member #174656
                            May 5, 2016
                            747 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2016, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10344 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2016, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Got to be in it, to win it D.

I will have my 1 ticket for MM and PB for the next drawings. It may not be $487 mil, but it will certainly be more millions than I have now!

As for religiously.... yes, I buy a ticket for every draw and then say a prayer...

Please G-D, let me win the lottery! Scared

When you ask God to let you win the lottery you are asking him to make everyone else lose.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.