Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Picking my own numbers

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 3 months ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Ny
United States
Member #167314
July 5, 2015
1806 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2016, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

When you ask God to let you win the lottery you are asking him to make everyone else lose.

Not true... More then 1 person usually wins.. 14 second prize winners last nite.. 15 lucky people

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    877 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2016, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY TICKET

John, who was in financial difficulty, walked into a church and started to pray. ''Listen God,'' John said. ''I know I haven't been perfect but I really need to win the lottery. I don't have a lot of money. Please help me out.''

He left the church, a week went by, and he hadn't won the lottery, so he walked into a synagogue. ''Come on, God,'' he said. ''I really need this money. My mom needs surgery and I have bills to pay. Please let me win the lottery.''

He left the synagogue, a week went by, and he didn't win the lottery. So, he went to a mosque and started to pray again. ''You're starting to disappoint me, God,'' he said. ''I've prayed and prayed. If you just let me win the lottery, I'll be a better person. I don't have to win the jackpot, just enough to get me out of debt. I'll give some to charity, even. Just let me win the lottery.''

John thought this did it, so he got up and walked outside.

The clouds opened up and a booming voice said,

''John, buy a freaking lottery ticket!''

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1649 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2016, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

THE LOTTERY TICKET

John, who was in financial difficulty, walked into a church and started to pray. ''Listen God,'' John said. ''I know I haven't been perfect but I really need to win the lottery. I don't have a lot of money. Please help me out.''

He left the church, a week went by, and he hadn't won the lottery, so he walked into a synagogue. ''Come on, God,'' he said. ''I really need this money. My mom needs surgery and I have bills to pay. Please let me win the lottery.''

He left the synagogue, a week went by, and he didn't win the lottery. So, he went to a mosque and started to pray again. ''You're starting to disappoint me, God,'' he said. ''I've prayed and prayed. If you just let me win the lottery, I'll be a better person. I don't have to win the jackpot, just enough to get me out of debt. I'll give some to charity, even. Just let me win the lottery.''

John thought this did it, so he got up and walked outside.

The clouds opened up and a booming voice said,

''John, buy a freaking lottery ticket!''

This is a very interesting post and, most assuredly, God would have us all to be content in this regard. But, if I may, I'd like to point out where I feel God just might find a conflict of interest:

If you just let me win the lottery, I'll be a better person.

Just my personal thoughts but, I kinda think God wants us to be better people before He considers such a blessing. It seems John here is basing his being a better man solely on the windfall of money which isn't good....'cause he'll then be serving his money. Just my .02

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

maxodds's avatar - max
        Jupiter, FL
        United States
        Member #154501
        April 18, 2014
        74 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2016, 7:40 pm - IP Logged
        I looked at the last 85 PowerBall drawings since its last matrix change to 5/69 + 1/26 and decided if I played my best chance of having a winner this Saturday based on the numbers behavior during those drawings would be to pick numbers of 2-9 for the first position, numbers of 8-32 for the second position, numbers of 13-53 for the third position, numbers of 16-62 for the forth position and numbers of 40-67 for the fifth position with the ten most popular bonus numbers that have not follower bonus number 24.
        I did some more figuring and if I'm correct my odds of winning this PB jackpot would be reduced from 1:292,201,338 to 1:28,929,000 which only includes 9.9% of the possible combinations.  Everything is reduced, even the number pools so I would pick ten such lines.  I've always belived reducing the number pools without eliminating the winning numbers increases the odds of winning.
        I seldom play PB because of its $2 per line price but when its jackpots get close to a half billion dollars or more I like to dream about winning it but I can't dream if I don't play and $20 for such a dream is within my budget.  Picking my own lines make playing even more enjoyable.

This strategy is interesting RJOh and is in line with some observations i came across myself. I have just posted some information in the pick 5 forum regarding this. I dont play powerball because i like to think if I cant win the Fantasy 5 I surely will have a harder time winning bigger games.

As for position 1 though I would start from 1 to 9, because 1 hasnt played yet in this matrix, it is highly possible it will play in position 1, just the same for position 5 i would play numbers 40 to 69, the numbers 68 and 69 are very likely to play there, 68 played 6 times and 69 has played 10 times in position 5.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2016, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

This strategy is interesting RJOh and is in line with some observations i came across myself. I have just posted some information in the pick 5 forum regarding this. I dont play powerball because i like to think if I cant win the Fantasy 5 I surely will have a harder time winning bigger games.

As for position 1 though I would start from 1 to 9, because 1 hasnt played yet in this matrix, it is highly possible it will play in position 1, just the same for position 5 i would play numbers 40 to 69, the numbers 68 and 69 are very likely to play there, 68 played 6 times and 69 has played 10 times in position 5.

The problem with PB I only had 85 drawings under the new matrix to look at, the #1 hadn't even come up yet.  I've done a little better with the local Classic Lotto (6/49) game with almost 1500 drawings however when ever I get a chance to buy some lottery tickets for a half billion dollar jackpot I'm buying regardless.  Besides a match3 in OCL only pays a couple of dollars.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2016, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Not true... More then 1 person usually wins.. 14 second prize winners last nite.. 15 lucky people

MoneyMike$,

Prayer language should be specific. 

"Let me win the lottery" doesn't include others.

But asking for several winners is still asking for millions of others to be losers.

God doesn't care who wins lotteries or even sporting events - unless it's Notre Dame vs SMU or BYU!

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5600 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2016, 9:30 am - IP Logged

MoneyMike$,

Prayer language should be specific. 

"Let me win the lottery" doesn't include others.

But asking for several winners is still asking for millions of others to be losers.

God doesn't care who wins lotteries or even sporting events - unless it's Notre Dame vs SMU or BYU!

Green laugh

Don't forget TCU and Baylor.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

With all the low birthday numbers that came out, all my self picks got hung out to dry. Vacation break from playing the lottery since PB was won last night as it will most likely be October before any of the jackpot prizes look attractive again.

Good luck to those who religiously play every draw.

By then you will have had time to test if avoiding numbers in the previous six drawings can help you win a jackpot.  Until then, good luck.

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4108 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

RJ-  It's a game of chance- if there was a strategy to winning,  l'm sure it would have been exploited decades ago. But all the best in your endeavors. QP'S or self picks, the ping pong balls know not the difference. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2016, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

RJ-  It's a game of chance- if there was a strategy to winning,  l'm sure it would have been exploited decades ago. But all the best in your endeavors. QP'S or self picks, the ping pong balls know not the difference. 

I'm sure lot of "wise" peoples told the Wright brothers "If men were meant to fly they would be by now, after all they have been trying for thousands of years".

RJOh

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4108 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2016, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure lot of "wise" peoples told the Wright brothers "If men were meant to fly they would be by now, after all they have been trying for thousands of years".

RJOh

An analogy but a poor one at best. Try this on for size friendo.Millions of tickets for this recent PB jackpot were  sold in CA, NY, NJ,  FL- the so called " can't lose States"..and get this. The winning ticket is bought in Little Hampshire. ( population 1.3 mil ) How about them apples? 

Like l said " Chance! "

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19828 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2016, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

An analogy but a poor one at best. Try this on for size friendo.Millions of tickets for this recent PB jackpot were  sold in CA, NY, NJ,  FL- the so called " can't lose States"..and get this. The winning ticket is bought in Little Hampshire. ( population 1.3 mil ) How about them apples? 

Like l said " Chance! "

There's no such state as a "can't lose state", where are you getting your information?

Evil Looking       

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4108 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2016, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

There's no such state as a "can't lose state", where are you getting your information?

" Cant lose States"  comment comes from the forum geniuses, namely jjprince & his distant cousin from Wisconsin. At least you agreed 90- 95% with the rest of my comment. Image result for babies laughing hysterically Cool.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: August 9, 2016, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to use your format strategy and combine that with numbers that haven't been picked in the last 6 draws.

Looks like this idea needs to be investigated farther so I'll be testing it until the next big PB big jackpot.  Mean while I'll be testing it on MM which has more history and is cheaper to play.

Evil Looking       

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                              South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #77167
                              July 15, 2009
                              555 Posts
                              Posted: August 9, 2016, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar