Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Picking my own numbers

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 3 months ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
Zaperlopopotam
Belgium
Member #173932
March 26, 2016
956 Posts
Posted: August 10, 2016, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

As truth isn't told, the average man will tell the smarter man, "You are a fool!".

Zaperlopopotam
    Belgium
    Member #173932
    March 26, 2016
    956 Posts
    Posted: August 10, 2016, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

When you ask God to let you win the lottery you are asking him to make everyone else lose.

That one is not reliable.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
      San Angelo, Texas
      United States
      Member #1097
      January 31, 2003
      1394 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2016, 4:08 pm - IP Logged
      RJOH
      Something to consider.
      1. Most folks who choose their own numbers, systems players, usually make choices by evaluating a game's entire history. The theory is that the more data we have the better our choices will be.
      2. There are many LP postings suggesting that the next winning combination often include integers that were in the last winning combination.
      3. I believe you have said the same thing when describing how you choose integers to play.
      4. I've been doing lottery analysis for long time, as have some folks who have created lottery software and Excel formulations.
      5. Have you ever had the feeling that maybe, just maybe, we have been going at this in the wrong way??
      6. Maybe the best way to attack the problem is to limit the analysis field to the last drawing.
      In other words, generate separate workouts for each drawing.
      7. Thus, our plays for Tuesday Mega Millions would be based solely on analysis of Friday's drawings; Friday Mega Millions would be based on Tuesday draw results.
      8. I realize this would require a lot of workouts, particularly in Texas where Cash 5 is drawn 6 times per week.
      9. The TX daily games are drawn 4 times per day, requiring separate workouts for each drawing ie.use previous Night for next Morning, Morning for Day, Day for Evening and Evening for Night.
      10. I'm in the process of creating separate workouts for the games and drawings I play. A lot of work for paper/pencil players, but, I've got the time.
      11. Given that the lottery machines have no memory, it's not a stretch to think that the drawings that are several days removed from the next drawing have little or not impact on the next drawing.
      12. I've already seen evidence suggesting that a Monday Pick 3 Morning drawing has little or no impact on the Night drawing, given that there are two in-between drawings.
      13. Hey! There is no hard evidence suggesting anyone is on a winning streak.
      Maybe a new approach can change that.
      Thanks for your interest.
        San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged
        RJOH
        Something to consider.
        1. Most folks who choose their own numbers, systems players, usually make choices by evaluating a game's entire history. The theory is that the more data we have the better our choices will be.
        2. There are many LP postings suggesting that the next winning combination often include integers that were in the last winning combination.
        3. I believe you have said the same thing when describing how you choose integers to play.
        4. I've been doing lottery analysis for long time, as have some folks who have created lottery software and Excel formulations.
        5. Have you ever had the feeling that maybe, just maybe, we have been going at this in the wrong way??
        6. Maybe the best way to attack the problem is to limit the analysis field to the last drawing.
        7. Thus, our plays for Tuesday Mega Millions would be based solely on analysis of Friday's drawings; Friday Mega Millions would be based on Tuesday draw results.
        8. I realize this would require a lot of workouts, particularly in Texas where Cash 5 is drawn 6 times per week.
        9. The TX daily games are drawn 4 times per day, requiring separate workouts for each drawing ie.use previous Night for next Morning, Morning for Day, Day for Evening and Evening for Night.
        10. I'm in the process of creating separate workouts for the games and drawings I play. A lot of work for paper/pencil players, but, I've got the time.
        11. Given that the lottery machines have no memory, it's not a stretch to think that the drawings that are several days removed from the next drawing have little or not impact on the next drawing.
        12. I've already seen evidence suggesting that a Monday Pick 3 Morning drawing has little or no impact on the Night drawing, given that there are two in-between drawings.

I separated my combined Tx Daily 4 workouts into 4 different workouts.
        I decided to play Evening only using Day workout.
        BAM - Had my first $100 win in a long time.
        Hope the trend continues.
        I could post copy of the ticket, but, what's the point.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2016, 10:18 am - IP Logged
          RJOH
          Something to consider.

I can't speak to how others pick their numbers but when I look at the prediction results of other members for the same games, they aren't any better than mines.  I do track Ohio's Rolling Cash5 and will play it occasionally when its jackpot exceeds $150K.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2016, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

I can't speak to how others pick their numbers but when I look at the prediction results of other members for the same games, they aren't any better than mines.  I do track Ohio's Rolling Cash5 and will play it occasionally when its jackpot exceeds $150K.

Maybe the predictions are similar because everyone is dancing to the same song, so to speak.
            Trying a different tune could make a difference. 
            I think it's worth a try.

Zaperlopopotam
              Belgium
              Member #173932
              March 26, 2016
              956 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2016, 12:22 pm - IP Logged
              RJOH
              Something to consider.

If there was one, I would destroy it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2016, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Maybe the predictions are similar because everyone is dancing to the same song, so to speak.
                Trying a different tune could make a difference. 
                I think it's worth a try.

That might be true but I doubt it.  Everyone has an opinion but until they prove theirs is better than mine I can't waste time listering to their nonsense.  Good luck to you.

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2016, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

That one is not reliable.

OK Sunglasses, I'll play.

Consider all the jackpot fantasies in the News threads about huge jackpots, the cars, mansions, and bling that will be bought. And the UFOs, time machines, etc....

Now, from Scripture, James 4:3;

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Not everyone hoping to win a jp is like that, but an awfil lot are.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                    Columbus, Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #128906
                    June 5, 2012
                    591 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2016, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I'd say own numbers, I just won $300 with my own numbers (combo of birthdays and ages)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19826 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2016, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm still waiting.  I'm thinking positional wheeling may offer the best chance of a win, shall explain farther in a future post.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19826 Posts
                        Posted: August 30, 2016, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm still waiting.  I'm thinking positional wheeling may offer the best chance of a win, shall explain farther in a future post.

The chart below shows which numbers hit 70% of the time in each position since the MegaMill game changed 298 drawings ago to a 5/75+1/15 matrix.

POS 1 = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 20
                        POS 2 = 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 38 39 41 42 45
                        POS 3 = 17 19 20 21 22 24 25 26 27 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 44 46 49 50 51 52 53 54
                        POS 4 = 31 35 36 37 38 41 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 56 57 58 60 61 62 63 65 68
                        POS 5 = 49 57 59 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
                        BONUS = 1 2 3 4 6 7 9 10 12 15

Using a positional wheel to cover all the combinations within the above parameters would have covered less than 34% of the 258,890,850 possible combinations of a 5/75+1/15 full wheel but covered 68(22.8%) 5+1 and 28(9.4%) 5+0 previous winners.

Could using a positional wheel based on previous winners improve your odds?

Evil Looking