Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Pick2 and Pick5 coming to Florida

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 3 months ago by LottoAce.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
FlaEmeraldGirl's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg

United States
Member #148660
November 8, 2013
104 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2016, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

I noticed on the FL Lottery promo video announcement that they accurately state that Pick 3 and Pick 4 play the same way as Cash 3 and Cash 4, but it failed to mention that the numbers are NOT DRAWN THE SAME WAY AS BEFORE.

If you watch the drawings, Pick 3 is now drawn along with Pick 2 and the numbers are not drawn in consecutive order according to position like they were in Cash 3/Play 4 before August 1st, 2016. Pick 2 and Pick 3 are now drawn together as a set of 5 numbers in random order.

I cannot tell if the new machines have a computerized randomizer that chooses the position draw order or if all 5 ball ports in the Pick2/Pick3 open at the same time and the random position draw order is due to the time it takes a ball to find the port.   

After the Pick2/Pick3 draw, then the combined Pick 4/Pick 5 draw starts also as a combined draw with 9 numbers appearing across both games drawn in random position order.

This change in draw method should be considered when selecting a play strategy. In my opinion, it is an incentive to track all the numbers drawn in the session instead of focusing on a single game, and to box or combo instead of attempting straight plays.

Unless I overlooked something, I also noticed that there is no Pick 2 category on LotteryPost and those posting about Pick 2 in the Pick 3 thread were warned to only post about Pick 3.

In addition, The Florida Lottery website states that videos of the games are kept in an archive for 30 days, but if you try to watch any draw other than the last one, all you will get is an audio playback. This is nothing new and it has been going on for quite some time. I am surprised that this video issue has not been challenged already.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1246 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2016, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Wow FlaEmeraldGirl... Even Einstein couldn't figure this one out.  Sounds like you people in FL are getting screwed.

Never give up.  Banana

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
      Member #164727
      March 12, 2015
      2527 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2016, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

I noticed on the FL Lottery promo video announcement that they accurately state that Pick 3 and Pick 4 play the same way as Cash 3 and Cash 4, but it failed to mention that the numbers are NOT DRAWN THE SAME WAY AS BEFORE.

If you watch the drawings, Pick 3 is now drawn along with Pick 2 and the numbers are not drawn in consecutive order according to position like they were in Cash 3/Play 4 before August 1st, 2016. Pick 2 and Pick 3 are now drawn together as a set of 5 numbers in random order.

I cannot tell if the new machines have a computerized randomizer that chooses the position draw order or if all 5 ball ports in the Pick2/Pick3 open at the same time and the random position draw order is due to the time it takes a ball to find the port.   

After the Pick2/Pick3 draw, then the combined Pick 4/Pick 5 draw starts also as a combined draw with 9 numbers appearing across both games drawn in random position order.

This change in draw method should be considered when selecting a play strategy. In my opinion, it is an incentive to track all the numbers drawn in the session instead of focusing on a single game, and to box or combo instead of attempting straight plays.

Unless I overlooked something, I also noticed that there is no Pick 2 category on LotteryPost and those posting about Pick 2 in the Pick 3 thread were warned to only post about Pick 3.

In addition, The Florida Lottery website states that videos of the games are kept in an archive for 30 days, but if you try to watch any draw other than the last one, all you will get is an audio playback. This is nothing new and it has been going on for quite some time. I am surprised that this video issue has not been challenged already.

Are you freaking kidding me?????

Let me understand this, so you're saying that the p-2 is not being selected in a separate chamber, but together with the p-3 in the same machine? So how do they determine the games? For example, If the 5 numbers drawn are 12345, does this mean he 123 is he p-3 winner, and the 45 is the p-3 winner?

This explains the odd behavior in the p-2 game. In fact, it may be easier to predict because if this type of patter continues, then I may have an edge. I'm just watching the history now and only playing occasionally.

There seems to be a lot of "1 offs" and a lot of pairs that follow each other.

August 11 eve-01

August 12 mid-11

August 17 eve-01

August 18 eve-11

August 11 eve-01

August 12 mid-28

August 15 mid-10

August 15 eve-82

August 14 mid-95

August 14 eve-95

August 16 mid-74

August 16 eve-74

United States
        Member #148660
        November 8, 2013
        104 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2016, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

^^^^ I'll have to go back and look at the video again (naturally it does not allow full screen view), because I cannot tell if it is one machine with two sections for the combined P2/P3 draw or two machines, one for each game.

Whatever the case, P2 and P3 are drawn together at the same time. P2 is on the left, P3 is on the right, and the ABCDE draw order of example winning numbers 12, and 123, is randomized like this:

P2  P3
        AE  CBD
        12  123

After the P2/P3 draw, then the combined P4/P5 draw starts and the ABCDEFGHI draw order of example winning numbers 1234 and 12345 would be randomized the same way, with P4 on the left and P5 on the right. 

P4       P5
        DFHE  IABCG
        1234  12345

I don't know yet what to make of the repeats and patterns in P2, but it looks like you may be on to something there.

United States
          Member #164727
          March 12, 2015
          2527 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2016, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

^^^^ I'll have to go back and look at the video again (naturally it does not allow full screen view), because I cannot tell if it is one machine with two sections for the combined P2/P3 draw or two machines, one for each game.

Whatever the case, P2 and P3 are drawn together at the same time. P2 is on the left, P3 is on the right, and the ABCDE draw order of example winning numbers 12, and 123, is randomized like this:

P2  P3
          AE  CBD
          12  123

After the P2/P3 draw, then the combined P4/P5 draw starts and the ABCDEFGHI draw order of example winning numbers 1234 and 12345 would be randomized the same way, with P4 on the left and P5 on the right. 

P4       P5
          DFHE  IABCG
          1234  12345

I don't know yet what to make of the repeats and patterns in P2, but it looks like you may be on to something there.

This is crazy !

You wrote earlier that you're not sure what or who is deciding which orientation to put the numbers in. I find it strange on their part for not clarifying such an integral piece of information.

United States
            Member #164727
            March 12, 2015
            2527 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2016, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I want to make absolutely sure I understand.

Example,

Tonight..

Eve-253     11

So, those five numbers (25311) were chosen in a different order during the official draw, and some entity decided to randomize them?

Basically, the actual draw results could have been 15231 for all we know. Well well well...

Thud

They have basically reinvented the already screwed up practices by giving it dimensions, changing the dynamic. 

United States
              Member #148660
              November 8, 2013
              104 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2016, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

^^^^ I checked the video for tonight's drawing again and it is two separate machines. I have still have not found any official explanation for the change in ball draw order procedure.

Since the balls are drawn in random order across both games at the same time, the actual draw order for tonight's result was 53211. The result was posted as P2=11 and P3=253

Here is a YouTube upload of tonight's draw so you can see for yourself. Watch the machines in the background.

Link to Video

United States
                Member #164727
                March 12, 2015
                2527 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2016, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

^^^^ I checked the video for tonight's drawing again and it is two separate machines. I have still have not found any official explanation for the change in ball draw order procedure.

Since the balls are drawn in random order across both games at the same time, the actual draw order for tonight's result was 53211. The result was posted as P2=11 and P3=253

Here is a YouTube upload of tonight's draw so you can see for yourself. Watch the machines in the background.

Link to Video

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for clarifying...wow!

United States
                  Member #164727
                  March 12, 2015
                  2527 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2016, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Link to Video

Hi !

Strange tho, watching that drawing, numbers just appeared. I didn't even see a drawing, numbers for both p-3 and p-4 appearing in thin air.

United States
                    Member #148660
                    November 8, 2013
                    104 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2016, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for clarifying...wow!

I think people need to be aware that the games are no longer drawn separately in time, and no longer in order of position. It is hard to see the draw order and they disingenuously show the game results up close on the screen in order of P2,P3,P4,P5.

I had to pause the video to get the draw order for  P4/P5.

The official results for 8/18/16 evening and the actual draw order shown as letters A-I.

P2 + P3
                    11   253
                    ED   CAB

P4  +  P5
                    7060   70312
                    AGCD   EBIFH

In the case of P4 the outcome was not changed due to B=G.

United States
                      Member #132100
                      August 26, 2012
                      1077 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2016, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Tx uses the pick 4 games for the pick 2 games for example:

Daily 4 is the first game to offer Pair Play! You can play the first two, middle two or last two numbers. (12XX, X12X, XX12)

So:

4 - 9 - 7 - 1

49 First 2

97 Middle 2

71 Last 2

----------

Instead I would like it better if they would use the pick 3 game for that, such as:

61 First 2

68 Sides 2

18 Last 2

------------

They could keep the pick 4 pairs and then also have pick 3 pairs.

Maybe they could also have pick 1 and pick 5 games

Pay $ 5 for the pick 1 and $50,000 for the straight pick 5.

If they wanted to save money they could have pick 5 drawings and get the pick 1, 2, 3 and 4 numbers out of the pick 5 numbers:

02878 Pick 5

0 Pick 1

02 Pick 2

028 Pick 3

0287 Pick 4

United States
                        Member #148660
                        November 8, 2013
                        104 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2016, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Tx uses the pick 4 games for the pick 2 games for example:

Daily 4 is the first game to offer Pair Play! You can play the first two, middle two or last two numbers. (12XX, X12X, XX12)

So:

4 - 9 - 7 - 1

49 First 2

97 Middle 2

71 Last 2

----------

Instead I would like it better if they would use the pick 3 game for that, such as:

61 First 2

68 Sides 2

18 Last 2

------------

They could keep the pick 4 pairs and then also have pick 3 pairs.

Maybe they could also have pick 1 and pick 5 games

Pay $ 5 for the pick 1 and $50,000 for the straight pick 5.

If they wanted to save money they could have pick 5 drawings and get the pick 1, 2, 3 and 4 numbers out of the pick 5 numbers:

02878 Pick 5

0 Pick 1

02 Pick 2

028 Pick 3

0287 Pick 4

The original Florida Cash 3 and Play 4 had options like Front Pair, Back Pair, Mid Pair and 1 0ff along with the usual Straight, Box and Combo.

I think the objective in Florida with the new Pick games is to get people to spend more money with the promise of an "easy" 2 number game and the temptation of a larger jackpot 5 number game. At the same time, it appears they are trying to make it more difficult to pick straight numbers due to the new draw order randomization.

I like to play straight, so this new random draw order really annoyed me. I am disappointed that the Florida Lottery seems to have avoided pointing out this change in the drawings or explaining the source of the randomness of the draw order.

Surely someone noticed this before I did, but then most people don't bother watching the drawings. I have not played the daily games in a few months and I was surprised that they had changed the draw order method when I finally got around to checking out the new games on video yesterday.

United States
                          Member #148660
                          November 8, 2013
                          104 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2016, 5:07 am - IP Logged

Hi !

Strange tho, watching that drawing, numbers just appeared. I didn't even see a drawing, numbers for both p-3 and p-4 appearing in thin air.

You have to look in the background to see the numbers randomly drawn at the same time across both machines. The machines are next to the announcer and the balls are automatically drawn as she is talking. You can see them appear next to her at about shoulder level.

Notice Pick 3 was already drawn in random order before Pick 2 was drawn beginning with the 2nd position. After that, the hostess begins with Pick 2 as she announces the numbers in order of physical position, not actual draw order. 

Here are three videos that illustrate the change in draw order that began on August 1st.

New Pick 2,3,4,5 game format. (previously linked).
                          August 18, 2016 Pick 2,3,4,5 Video

Here is a recent example of the original sequential draw order for Cash 3 and Play 4.
                          July 30th, 2016 Midday Cash 3 Play 4Video

The original Cash 3 game (which was evening only).

October 1988 Cash 3 Video.

For 28 years Florida Cash 3 has been drawn in sequential order by position, but it is no longer drawn this way as of the first of this month.

United States
                            Member #164727
                            March 12, 2015
                            2527 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2016, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

You have to look in the background to see the numbers randomly drawn at the same time across both machines. The machines are next to the announcer and the balls are automatically drawn as she is talking. You can see them appear next to her at about shoulder level.

Notice Pick 3 was already drawn in random order before Pick 2 was drawn beginning with the 2nd position. After that, the hostess begins with Pick 2 as she announces the numbers in order of physical position, not actual draw order. 

Here are three videos that illustrate the change in draw order that began on August 1st.

New Pick 2,3,4,5 game format. (previously linked).
                            August 18, 2016 Pick 2,3,4,5 Video

Here is a recent example of the original sequential draw order for Cash 3 and Play 4.
                            July 30th, 2016 Midday Cash 3 Play 4Video

The original Cash 3 game (which was evening only).

October 1988 Cash 3 Video.

For 28 years Florida Cash 3 has been drawn in sequential order by position, but it is no longer drawn this way as of the first of this month.

This explains why my latest system stopped working from August 1st till now, only a few boxed hits since.

So this means that it's almost futile to bother tracking trends for a straight because there won't be any. Puke

United States
                              Member #164727
                              March 12, 2015
                              2527 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2016, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPpVNWY2_hM&feature=youtu.be

In the video above it shows separate chambers for p-2 and p-3. I thought you said it was one chamber and then an entity decides a different order.