Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Pick2 and Pick5 coming to Florida

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 2 months ago by LottoAce.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
FlaEmeraldGirl's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg

United States
Member #148660
November 8, 2013
104 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2016, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPpVNWY2_hM&feature=youtu.be

In the video above it shows separate chambers for p-2 and p-3. I thought you said it was one chamber and then an entity decides a different order.

In this post up thread I said that I checked the video again and it appears there are two machines but the numbers are not drawn in sequential order by position like they were before August 1st. Now they are drawn in random order across both machines at the same time.

Like I said before, there are two possible explanations for the random order of the position draws. One is a computer program that controls the order in which the positions are drawn.

The other possibility is that all the ports on both machines open at the same time and the random order of the position draws is due to the time it takes the winning ball in each position to find the port.

I still have not been able to find any official information about the new draw order method. As soon as I find out I will come back and post it here.

United States
    Member #148660
    November 8, 2013
    104 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2016, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

This explains why my latest system stopped working from August 1st till now, only a few boxed hits since.

So this means that it's almost futile to bother tracking trends for a straight because there won't be any. Puke

Yes, since the Pick games have new machines, new balls and a new draw order method, it makes sense that whatever trends you were following prior to August 1st would abruptly end.

As soon as I find out the official reason for the randomness of the draw order, I will feel more confident about adjusting, replacing or eliminating a straight pick strategy.

FYI, here are links to the official videos of the draws. The web videos tend to load slowly and the past draw archive usually downloads as audio only instead of the promised video. 

Florida Lottery The Pick Web Videos

I have never tried the podcast myself, since I don't do iTunes.

Florida Lottery Drawing Podcast On iTunes

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
      Member #164727
      March 12, 2015
      2509 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2016, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

In this post up thread I said that I checked the video again and it appears there are two machines but the numbers are not drawn in sequential order by position like they were before August 1st. Now they are drawn in random order across both machines at the same time.

Like I said before, there are two possible explanations for the random order of the position draws. One is a computer program that controls the order in which the positions are drawn.

The other possibility is that all the ports on both machines open at the same time and the random order of the position draws is due to the time it takes the winning ball in each position to find the port.

I still have not been able to find any official information about the new draw order method. As soon as I find out I will come back and post it here.

Okay, thanks, that makes sense of my questions. I read what you wrote erroneously. I thought there was one chamber that spit out 5 balls, and then some other authority rearranged the balls for the official p-2 and p-3 draw...lol

Personally, It is disconcerting to see balls pop up randomly, so there's still a concern on my part. Your information was very valuable. Thanks. Smile

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5893 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2016, 5:17 am - IP Logged

I think it may be wise to do some rethinking. Start all the tracking for each game 08/01/2016. Does that sound sensible?

United States
          Member #148660
          November 8, 2013
          104 Posts
          Posted: August 20, 2016, 5:53 am - IP Logged

I think it may be wise to do some rethinking. Start all the tracking for each game 08/01/2016. Does that sound sensible?

Yes, that does sound like a very good idea.

Since the numbers tend to repeat in the new game, it would probably make sense to parallel track all four games on one thread.

Even if all you follow is pick 3, with the new format, it would still seem necessary to at least track Pick 2 along with it since they are drawn at the same time.

All that I have mentioned so far would probably relate more to strategies that follow trends.

On the other hand, the odds are still the same, so if you are looking for missing numbers surely those would eventually come up.  (Or did that "111" everyone was looking for instead come up in Pick 2 as "11" ?)

All that being said, I don't consider myself a strategy expert like more experienced players on this board such as yourself.

United States
            Member #148660
            November 8, 2013
            104 Posts
            Posted: August 20, 2016, 8:13 am - IP Logged

^^^ After I posted, I looked at the entire 14 number string from 8/18 midday and it looks like the last position of midday Pick 5 was 1 and then the evening Pick 2 was 11. I suppose that could indeed account for that "111" people were looking for in Pick 3.

I don't have a number tracking program, but I did record the numbers across all games beginning on August 1st.

With the new format, a single day's worth of drawings yields a 28 number string instead of a 14 number string as before. This means that each number has a chance of being drawn about 3 times (2.8) over all games in the previous day.

The 18th represented an extreme deviation from expectation and the numbers for that one day scored like this:

Digits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
            Hits:    7 3 3 1 2 3 4 2 0 3

From this, under drawn numbers to bet on the 19th could be selected: 9458.

19th Midday results:

P2   P3    P4        P5
            48   545  9534   45496

Nothing would have worked straight, but pairs and boxing would have brought in a couple of wins with a super simple strategy.

Poinciana, fl
              United States
              Member #176359
              August 1, 2016
              353 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2016, 8:33 am - IP Logged

^^^ After I posted, I looked at the entire 14 number string from 8/18 midday and it looks like the last position of midday Pick 5 was 1 and then the evening Pick 2 was 11. I suppose that could indeed account for that "111" people were looking for in Pick 3.

I don't have a number tracking program, but I did record the numbers across all games beginning on August 1st.

With the new format, a single day's worth of drawings yields a 28 number string instead of a 14 number string as before. This means that each number has a chance of being drawn about 3 times (2.8) over all games in the previous day.

The 18th represented an extreme deviation from expectation and the numbers for that one day scored like this:

Digits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
              Hits:    7 3 3 1 2 3 4 2 0 3

From this, under drawn numbers to bet on the 19th could be selected: 9458.

19th Midday results:

P2   P3    P4        P5
              48   545  9534   45496

Nothing would have worked straight, but pairs and boxing would have brought in a couple of wins with a super simple strategy.

P2 and p5 

Have change the game completely

P2 has had nothing but constant repeats which throw p3 tracking off a little

Ive been watching this since 8/1

Notice how p5 been showing in in p3 n p4 few occasions, florida probabltly set it up purposely like that for profits

111 777 000 555 should have shown already . Need full month to see full spectrum and connect everything

Poinciana, fl
                United States
                Member #176359
                August 1, 2016
                353 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2016, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I observed this the first week new games came in and put 3 postungs about it. I watch the videos and the balls dont shoot like b4.

They are out of order

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5893 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2016, 9:42 am - IP Logged

From looking at the machines, I get the impression they are actually using 2 machines for P2, P3 with 5 sets of balls. Am I wrong? That would mean they are using 2 machines for P4, P5 with 9 sets of balls. Am I going nuts? Why would they do something so stupid as that?

Poinciana, fl
                    United States
                    Member #176359
                    August 1, 2016
                    353 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2016, 10:30 am - IP Logged

From looking at the machines, I get the impression they are actually using 2 machines for P2, P3 with 5 sets of balls. Am I wrong? That would mean they are using 2 machines for P4, P5 with 9 sets of balls. Am I going nuts? Why would they do something so stupid as that?

One video ibnoticed was the timing

Was way off

P2 number n p5 

P5 was up b4 p3 even finished and p2 only 2 balls was delayed, but with technology and video fillers who knows if its actually live or prerecorded of possible pre draws. How do we know if all 0-9 balls are inside, they should show balls being put in prior to pull

United States
                      Member #148660
                      November 8, 2013
                      104 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2016, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

One video ibnoticed was the timing

Was way off

P2 number n p5 

P5 was up b4 p3 even finished and p2 only 2 balls was delayed, but with technology and video fillers who knows if its actually live or prerecorded of possible pre draws. How do we know if all 0-9 balls are inside, they should show balls being put in prior to pull

According to the Florida Lottery website's "Integrity" page, the balls are inspected and weighed before and after each draw. The drawings are supervised by an independent auditor. Members of the public can also attend the live drawings in person, so I am confident all the balls are there.

I am less concerned about the balls than I am about the reason for the now random draw order. If it is a computer program that selects the random draw order of the positions, I call foul.

On the other hand, if all the position ports in all the machines are opened at the same time, and the reason for the random draw order is merely due to the time it takes the winning ball in each position to find the open port, then that is fair enough in my opinion, since there would be no human or computer intervention to determine a draw order.

Since the P2,3,4,5 games are now collectively called The Pick, FL Lottery might as well just draw all 4 games at the same time and show the 4 game drawing on a quad split video screen, AFTER making sure that the balls across all four games are all mixed the same amount of time and all the position ports across all machines open at the same time. If they do it this way, then they need to explain it to the public with a FAQ entry on their website and/or in the promo material for the games.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                        United States
                        Member #4924
                        June 3, 2004
                        5893 Posts
                        Posted: August 21, 2016, 4:10 am - IP Logged

I was wrong, what I saw was a pigment of my imagination. Now this my concern. Using P3, if the ball comes out of machine 1, can it go into either chamber, 1,2,3 and does that change each draw? If that is true, they have basically converted to computer draws, Yes or No?

United States
                          Member #148660
                          November 8, 2013
                          104 Posts
                          Posted: August 21, 2016, 6:04 am - IP Logged

I was wrong, what I saw was a pigment of my imagination. Now this my concern. Using P3, if the ball comes out of machine 1, can it go into either chamber, 1,2,3 and does that change each draw? If that is true, they have basically converted to computer draws, Yes or No?

No, the balls cannot go to a different physical position from which they are mixed and then drawn. 

When I say "machine" I am referring to the entire cabinet that draws the numbers for each game.

Within each machine (cabinet) there is a separate 10 ball draw chamber for each position. Plexiglas tubes send the winning ball from chamber 1 ONLY to position 1. Likewise for position 2 and the rest of the positions.

You can see the draw tubes in this 2000px enlarged capture from the video. Link to picture at imgur.

The issue I am discussing is the sequence in which the draw port for each position is opened.

Previously, the port openings were controlled to make sure position 1 was drawn first, position 2 was drawn second, position 3 drawn third, etc.

Now the draw sequence for each fixed position is random.

I don't know if the sequence in which the draw ports are opened is randomized by a computer program or not.

Like I said before, it could be that all the ports are opened at the same time and the random draw sequence is due to the varying time it takes each winning ball to bounce around and finally find the open port in its own position chamber.

I don't know what accounts for the draw port timing in the new game.

I am still trying to find official info on this issue. Like I said before, as soon as I get that info I will post it here.

I am disappointed that the Florida Lottery did not mention the new draw method when they launched the new game format.

I am glad Florida still has a physical game, but this draw order change needs some official explanation.

I hope that clears things up. Sorry for the never ending TL;DR posts.

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
                            Member #134627
                            November 2, 2012
                            1001 Posts
                            Posted: August 21, 2016, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I bet yes.

United States
                              Member #148660
                              November 8, 2013
                              104 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2016, 9:28 am - IP Logged

I earlier said that as soon as I found out what accounts for the random draw order of the positions in the new Pick games I would post it here.

My August 19th email on this issue went unanswered, so I called the lottery office today.

Per Rachel Wheeler in the Florida Lottery draw manager's office, a computer does control the opening of the draw ports, but all the ports open at the same time.

This means that the random timing of the winning balls dropping into position is due to the time it takes the winning ball itself to bounce around and find the draw tube in its own separate position chamber. 

This is fair enough as far as I am concerned. I am glad Florida still has a physical, truly random game.

My only disappointment is that the Florida Lottery did not explain the new draw method to the public, because the P3 and P4 games have been drawn one position at a time in sequential order for 28 years.

Based upon this information, I view the games as all new, including Pick 3 and Pick 4 (formerly Cash 3 and Play 4).

Congrats to all winners. $$$

Good Luck to all players. Lep