Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Financially Desperate, Ignorant, Greedy And Lazy People Are Playing The Lottery?

Topic closed. 88 replies. Last post 4 months ago by Artist77.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

THE LOTTERY IS THE AMERICAN DREAM FOR THE POORS?

Yes [ 31 ]  [57.41%]
No [ 23 ]  [42.59%]
Total Valid Votes [ 54 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4804 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:27 am - IP Logged

I agree somewhat. I love animals a lot, and have seen some really bad videos on YT. You couldn't pay me enough money to work in a slaughter house.

Having said this, just like many animals, Humans have canine teeth which means we were designed to eat meat. The canine teeth are used to tear into meat.

Have you ever seen that video of the chicken lady? She walks into a restaurant and cries while telling the patrons that the chicken wanted to live, it just wants to live it's life...on and on and on, then walks out. It became viral...lol

It's your choice to be a vegetarian, but most love to eat meat.

Many years ago I was having a lunch break in the lounge of my job eating a burger. There was a woman who commented about how my food smelled bad because she could smell meat. I was nice at first, but I had to eventually lay it on her real hard. How dare she spoil my lunch in a public space? I spent five minutes arguing about it. I told her...TOO BAD, Get over it, or leave. What nerve !

I never comment on food in public spaces....where people are eating, etc....but I can still feel sad for the animals. I have had meat eaters comment on what I am not eating many times. I do think in 100 years or less, this will be seen as something barbaric of our ancestors. More and more main stream grocery stores have greatly expanded vegetarian or vegan foods. Or the meat may be lab grown only,  And no, I am not a lib! Lol I just love animals.

J'aime La France.

maxodds's avatar - max
    Jupiter, FL
    United States
    Member #154501
    April 18, 2014
    74 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2016, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

This is so true, it really is the dream for the poor, sadly.

But how does that contrast wich persons who are starting new business ventures. Statistics show that about 50% of new businesses fail, loosing sums of money. So far this year I bought $973 in tickets and won $443, a 46% winback rate, A guess. Guess my business loss money, but I still have a shot at winning a jackpot.

We could all win the lottery today!

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40609 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2016, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

I never comment on food in public spaces....where people are eating, etc....but I can still feel sad for the animals. I have had meat eaters comment on what I am not eating many times. I do think in 100 years or less, this will be seen as something barbaric of our ancestors. More and more main stream grocery stores have greatly expanded vegetarian or vegan foods. Or the meat may be lab grown only,  And no, I am not a lib! Lol I just love animals.

I guessing you wouldn't want to hear about my rabbits.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4804 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Noooooo lol

J'aime La France.

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
          Member #176419
          August 4, 2016
          114 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

My wife raised chickens and rabbits while growing up so I have a sense on where you're coming from.

Thejuice's avatar - hatchap
            Florida
            United States
            Member #174842
            May 15, 2016
            138 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

I love rabbit meat...

Deer, squirrels

Good eating right there....Thumbs Up

Dont be a statistic, ,,,be a percentage!!!!!Thumbs Up

Tulsa
              United States
              Member #172877
              February 7, 2016
              131 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

This is so true, it really is the dream for the poor, sadly.

But how does that contrast wich persons who are starting new business ventures. Statistics show that about 50% of new businesses fail, loosing sums of money. So far this year I bought $973 in tickets and won $443, a 46% winback rate, A guess. Guess my business loss money, but I still have a shot at winning a jackpot.

Exactly!  And our investments into retirement are not even guaranteed to make money and many of them only increase in value gradually.  Besides, if you don't waste your money on smoking, drinking or other vices, then you should feel less pressure on buying a lottery ticket or two.  There are zero guarantees in anything you do.

maxodds's avatar - max
                Jupiter, FL
                United States
                Member #154501
                April 18, 2014
                74 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Never had rabbit nor Squirrels, only tried deer. I probably would try rabbit though.

Thejuice's avatar - hatchap
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #174842
                  May 15, 2016
                  138 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Never had rabbit nor Squirrels, only tried deer. I probably would try rabbit though.

When i was a kid .

My dad and i would hunt...

Loved it....

Havent had any in awhile ...but bretty good......

Dont be a statistic, ,,,be a percentage!!!!!Thumbs Up

United States
                    Member #176419
                    August 4, 2016
                    114 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Exactly!  And our investments into retirement are not even guaranteed to make money and many of them only increase in value gradually.  Besides, if you don't waste your money on smoking, drinking or other vices, then you should feel less pressure on buying a lottery ticket or two.  There are zero guarantees in anything you do.

My thoughts as well! if someone doesn't drink or smoke, I see absolutely no harm in spending a few bucks on lottery tickets. Drinking or smoking can kill you but a lottery ticket can certainly make you rich!

maxodds's avatar - max
                      Jupiter, FL
                      United States
                      Member #154501
                      April 18, 2014
                      74 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Right on Unluckyone, I like your take on it. The super lottery pool dou from Tampa who hosted the $143,000 powerball pool cited their splurge at night clubs as an excuse for throwing in their $500 each on powerball tickets.

United States
                        Member #176419
                        August 4, 2016
                        114 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2016, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I agree somewhat. I love animals a lot, and have seen some really bad videos on YT. You couldn't pay me enough money to work in a slaughter house.

Having said this, just like many animals, Humans have canine teeth which means we were designed to eat meat. The canine teeth are used to tear into meat.

Have you ever seen that video of the chicken lady? She walks into a restaurant and cries while telling the patrons that the chicken wanted to live, it just wants to live it's life...on and on and on, then walks out. It became viral...lol

It's your choice to be a vegetarian, but most love to eat meat.

Many years ago I was having a lunch break in the lounge of my job eating a burger. There was a woman who commented about how my food smelled bad because she could smell meat. I was nice at first, but I had to eventually lay it on her real hard. How dare she spoil my lunch in a public space? I spent five minutes arguing about it. I told her...TOO BAD, Get over it, or leave. What nerve !

You can call me a wimp but I have never shot or killed an animal (rodents don't count). The thought of gutting any animal even a chicken make me sick yet I enjoy eating all types of meat.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                          Member #165244
                          March 30, 2015
                          228 Posts
                          Posted: August 6, 2016, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Many different races as well as financial statuses play the lottery...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40609 Posts
                            Posted: August 6, 2016, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

My wife raised chickens and rabbits while growing up so I have a sense on where you're coming from.

I was raised to hunt, fish, trap, track, grow, freeze and can food.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5615 Posts
                              Posted: August 6, 2016, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

When I was growing up my dad raised mink for the fur. To feed them we went to a small slaughterhouse a few miles away to pick up tripe to grind into mink feed and I would watch them bring a cow into the stall, shoot it with a .22, then dress it out. Didn't bother me. I learned at a young age where food came from. Kids these days think food just magically appears in the store.

I've killed many rabbits, squirrels, deer, trapped muskrat for the fur. Had a great time growing up on a farm. Except when I had to do the work. LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)