Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Marie Holmes

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 3 months ago by destinycreation.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
Happy California
United States
Member #157856
August 2, 2014
1506 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2016, 6:48 am - IP Logged

Marie Homes is scheduled to appear on OWN on Saturday night, 10 Sept. at 9pm PST. The show is,"Fix My Life".  She may be with other woman interviewed by the Host, Iyanla VanZant. 

Most LP Members have opinions about Marie that I would love to read here.

I am on Xfinity with Channel 220 here in Fresno, CA

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
    Columbus, Ohio
    United States
    Member #128906
    June 5, 2012
    591 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2016, 6:58 am - IP Logged

Cool I'll watch it

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
      USA
      United States
      Member #152799
      February 25, 2014
      1090 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2016, 8:45 am - IP Logged

I think it's a big mistake going on that show and exposing all your problems to the world. She should have seeked financial help privately instead of being used as a pawn for the host.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4102 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2016, 10:49 am - IP Logged

I think it's a big mistake going on that show and exposing all your problems to the world. She should have seeked financial help privately instead of being used as a pawn for the host.

I Agree!...that includes that phony show " The Bachelor." 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
          Member #34931
          March 9, 2006
          98 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2016, 11:08 am - IP Logged

"Episode: House of Healing: The Myth of The Angry Black Woman, Part 1 . . Iyanla Vanzant invites eight women labeled as "Angry Black Women'' into the House of Healing to prove the falsehoods and dangerousness of the stereotype."

Fortunately a DVR allows one to fast forward through most of the "hen cackle"!

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
            Brooklyn, NY
            United States
            Member #169723
            October 29, 2015
            877 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2016, 11:17 am - IP Logged

She has at least 10 years to save her money for when she will have to start paying bail again.

I hope she moves and changes her number so that won't happen when the "Hot Sauce" gets released from Dupe Alertprison. Dupe Alert

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4102 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2016, 11:39 am - IP Logged

She has at least 10 years to save her money for when she will have to start paying bail again.

I hope she moves and changes her number so that won't happen when the "Hot Sauce" gets released from Dupe Alertprison. Dupe Alert

They have a kid, in other words she carried his child.When he gets out- she will be waiting, having a kid or kids does that. All this going on a show and saying this or that changes nothing.  It's all a show.I did not read of her & sauce having a falling out,  he originally said " we together, of course she's going to bail me out"-:end of story. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #77167
                July 15, 2009
                554 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2016, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Hope she gets smarter sooner than later--for her kids' sake.  They deserve better.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2016, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

She should have seeked financial help privately instead of being used as a pawn for the host. How do you know she didn't seek advice??  As I recall when she claimed her prize she was standing with her attorney and financial adviser I believe when she was on Good Morning America with Robin Roberts she stated she was there with her lawyer and financial adviser. It's obvious she didn't listen to them though.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                    Member #164725
                    March 12, 2015
                    339 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2016, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

She's not going on the show seeking financial help or any other type of help.  She is appearing to dispel the myth of the angry black woman.  I would assume she is appearing only because they sought her out and the allure of Oprah was too strong to resist. 

Jester

South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #18322
                      July 9, 2005
                      1704 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2016, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

I watch "Fix My Life" with  Iyanla VanZant regularly.  It is Not about fixing financial problems.  The show is a Therapy Show.  It is about helping people to understand the Real Underlying Problems in their lives, and offering some guidance as to how to go about resolving some of those issues.  The show is about Self Awareness, and usually focuses on your relationship with "Self", and "Others", including family & friends & significant others. 

In Marie's case, it will probably focus on Marie's relationship issues with herself, her family [parents, siblings, etc.], her friends, her significant other [Hot Sauce] , etc..  Her winning the lottery, will NOT be the focus of the show.

United States
                        Member #164725
                        March 12, 2015
                        339 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2016, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

gy65 above already copied and pasted the synopsis of the show. It's not about any problems others think Marie has.

"Episode: House of Healing: The Myth of The Angry Black Woman, Part 1 . . Iyanla Vanzant invites eight women labeled as "Angry Black Women'' into the House of Healing to prove the falsehoods and dangerousness of the stereotype."

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                          USA
                          United States
                          Member #152799
                          February 25, 2014
                          1090 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2016, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

She should have seeked financial help privately instead of being used as a pawn for the host. How do you know she didn't seek advice??  As I recall when she claimed her prize she was standing with her attorney and financial adviser I believe when she was on Good Morning America with Robin Roberts she stated she was there with her lawyer and financial adviser. It's obvious she didn't listen to them though.

I think her financial goals aren't going as planned or why would she seek advice from a show? A group of experts that are not affiliated need to give her some guidance. None of them (Attorney, CPA and the financial planner) should have any vested interest with each other in order to give Marie unbiased opinions.

She needs a good team that is willing to put her and her family first instead of attempting to line their own pockets.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19740 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2016, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Marie Homes is scheduled to appear on OWN on Saturday night, 10 Sept. at 9pm PST. The show is,"Fix My Life".  She may be with other woman interviewed by the Host, Iyanla VanZant. 

Most LP Members have opinions about Marie that I would love to read here.

I am on Xfinity with Channel 220 here in Fresno, CA

Thanks for the info.Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19740 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2016, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Hope she gets smarter sooner than later--for her kids' sake.  They deserve better.

Kids leave home LOVE is forever Love

Let it Snow Snowman