Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Marie Holmes

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 3 months ago by destinycreation.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
Member #142499
May 13, 2013
1183 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2016, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I think her financial goals aren't going as planned or why would she seek advice from a show? A group of experts that are not affiliated need to give her some guidance. None of them (Attorney, CPA and the financial planner) should have any vested interest with each other in order to give Marie unbiased opinions.

She needs a good team that is willing to put her and her family first instead of attempting to line their own pockets.

Based on your comments you've never watched this show and yet you're quickly passing judgment without salient facts. Iyanla doesn't do financial counseling. Everyone knows that, so if Marie wanted financial help, she'd have been better off seeking out Suze Orman instead.

Iyanla's whole spiel is about relationships and self awareness. Removing toxic people from your life and encouraging strength and resilience in oneself. Based on Marie's relationship with Hot Sauce and the incident with the pastor, one can see why she'd agree to be on THIS show. You're acting as if she's being taken advantage of. This isn't Jerry Springer.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    877 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2016, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Kids leave home LOVE is forever Love

I Agree! or until after the youngest kids leaves!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
      Member #176690
      August 20, 2016
      16 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2016, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

"Fix my life"?

Should be called "Can't fix stupid" instead.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
        USA
        United States
        Member #152799
        February 25, 2014
        1092 Posts
        Posted: September 10, 2016, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Based on your comments you've never watched this show and yet you're quickly passing judgment without salient facts. Iyanla doesn't do financial counseling. Everyone knows that, so if Marie wanted financial help, she'd have been better off seeking out Suze Orman instead.

Iyanla's whole spiel is about relationships and self awareness. Removing toxic people from your life and encouraging strength and resilience in oneself. Based on Marie's relationship with Hot Sauce and the incident with the pastor, one can see why she'd agree to be on THIS show. You're acting as if she's being taken advantage of. This isn't Jerry Springer.

You are correct on one thing, I have never heard or watched the show. My comments were strictly based on what the OP mentioned and no, not everyone other than you is aware that the host doesn't do financial counseling. You must have a lot of free time on your hands to be able to attain in depth knowledge of hosts and shows that most have never heard of.

Not a fan of Oprah or anything she is associated with which is why my views were not PC correct for people like yourself. I simply had an OPINION that she was taking the wrong route to solve her issues and no, I don't watch Jerry Springer either.

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1704 Posts
          Posted: September 10, 2016, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

You are correct on one thing, I have never heard or watched the show. My comments were strictly based on what the OP mentioned and no, not everyone other than you is aware that the host doesn't do financial counseling. You must have a lot of free time on your hands to be able to attain in depth knowledge of hosts and shows that most have never heard of.

Not a fan of Oprah or anything she is associated with which is why my views were not PC correct for people like yourself. I simply had an OPINION that she was taking the wrong route to solve her issues and no, I don't watch Jerry Springer either.

Why don't you like Oprah Winfrey ???

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
            Member #138729
            February 4, 2013
            2872 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2016, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the heads up.

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
            MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
            Click me
            Open to EVERYONE- Click me

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #157701
              July 28, 2014
              137 Posts
              Posted: September 10, 2016, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't know drenick's reason but I myself do not like Oprah either. I actually did like her for a long time but a few years ago during a trip to Europe, Oprah played the race card by fabricating a story that a shop discriminated against her solely because she was black. The truth came out several weeks later after the shop owner herself debunked the entire story with facts supported by security surveillance.

I lost all respect for her after that incident.

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #18322
                July 9, 2005
                1704 Posts
                Posted: September 10, 2016, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I watched "Fix My Life" this evening, Sat. 9/10/16, and Marie Holmes was not on this particular episode [A Four Part Premier of "The Angry Black Woman"], unless she is going by the name Jaimeka.  But, I compared Jaimeka's picture to the picture of Marie Holmes.  They look similar, but I don't think Jaimeka/Marie are the same person, b/c their facial features are slightly different [nose & mouth] [Biographical Info differs also].

Perhaps the real Marie Holmes will be on a future episode of "Fix My Life". 

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #77167
                  July 15, 2009
                  555 Posts
                  Posted: September 11, 2016, 3:00 am - IP Logged

Oprah wanted and has her own network for cable/satellite viewers.  I don't like that she comes on mainstream to hype her shows. 

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #77167
                    July 15, 2009
                    555 Posts
                    Posted: September 11, 2016, 3:07 am - IP Logged

Kids leave home LOVE is forever Love

What does that mean? Love is an action word--stop doing stupid things if you love your kids.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                      Happy California
                      United States
                      Member #157856
                      August 2, 2014
                      1514 Posts
                      Posted: September 11, 2016, 3:53 am - IP Logged

I Agree! I apologize for any inconvenience this mix up caused you. Neither did I see Marie on the show. 

I hope Marie Holmes will stay out of the news and spotlight. Then we will forget her.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
                        Member #176419
                        August 4, 2016
                        114 Posts
                        Posted: September 11, 2016, 8:31 am - IP Logged

I Agree! I apologize for any inconvenience this mix up caused you. Neither did I see Marie on the show. 

I hope Marie Holmes will stay out of the news and spotlight. Then we will forget her.

Maybe she got smart and decided to seek professional counseling privately instead of revealing her problems to a TV audience who could very well use the input to prey on her and her children.

United States
                          Member #164725
                          March 12, 2015
                          341 Posts
                          Posted: September 11, 2016, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Iyanla also works with Powerball winner Marie Holmes.  After winning 188 million dollars and overwhelmed by the pressures of her fortune, life for the mother of four has been in complete shambles.  Adding to the pressure is Marie’s fiancé, Lamar.  After multiple arrests, Marie has spent more than 20 million dollars to bail Lamar out of jail.  With Lamar’s 10-year sentence just 48 hours away, Iyanla visits Marie’s palatial estate to help Marie cope with her new fortune before she loses it all.

http://bossip.com/1347832/welp-188-million-powerball-winner-marie-holmes-appearing-on-iyanla-fix-my-life-for-constantly-bailing-out-her-boyfriend/

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
                            Member #176419
                            August 4, 2016
                            114 Posts
                            Posted: September 11, 2016, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Iyanla also works with Powerball winner Marie Holmes.  After winning 188 million dollars and overwhelmed by the pressures of her fortune, life for the mother of four has been in complete shambles.  Adding to the pressure is Marie’s fiancé, Lamar.  After multiple arrests, Marie has spent more than 20 million dollars to bail Lamar out of jail.  With Lamar’s 10-year sentence just 48 hours away, Iyanla visits Marie’s palatial estate to help Marie cope with her new fortune before she loses it all.

http://bossip.com/1347832/welp-188-million-powerball-winner-marie-holmes-appearing-on-iyanla-fix-my-life-for-constantly-bailing-out-her-boyfriend/

Not sure where this gossip site got their info from but it's incorrect. Marie Holmes did not spend more than $20 million to bail her boyfriend out of jail. She used a bail bondsman and the total cost was 10% so she actually spent less than $2 million. Her home by the way is far from "palatial". I remember seeing a picture of it perhaps on LP and it was a nice, modest brand new home that cost around $300k.

Don't these websites just love to glorify the issues?

United States
                              Member #164725
                              March 12, 2015
                              341 Posts
                              Posted: September 11, 2016, 10:09 am - IP Logged

If you had read the linked article you would have seen that they got the info from a press release issued by the Discovery Channel.  Go nitpick them. No one is impressed.