Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Marie Holmes

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 3 months ago by destinycreation.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #171241
January 4, 2016
75 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2016, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Not sure where this gossip site got their info from but it's incorrect. Marie Holmes did not spend more than $20 million to bail her boyfriend out of jail. She used a bail bondsman and the total cost was 10% so she actually spent less than $2 million. Her home by the way is far from "palatial". I remember seeing a picture of it perhaps on LP and it was a nice, modest brand new home that cost around $300k.

Don't these websites just love to glorify the issues?

I Agree!.

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
    Member #176419
    August 4, 2016
    111 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2016, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

If you had read the linked article you would have seen that they got the info from a press release issued by the Discovery Channel.  Go nitpick them. No one is impressed. 

I did read the linked article. It contained nothing but pure gossip and BS. The $188 million that "news" agencies love to tout is a fairy tale number as well. She opted for the cash option which was $127 million before taxes, after the government got their cut she got perhaps $70 million. No one is impressed with the lies and false information it contains but it's standard procedure for Discovery Channel or a gossip website.

Skibunnylk's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #157701
      July 28, 2014
      137 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2016, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Not sure where this gossip site got their info from but it's incorrect. Marie Holmes did not spend more than $20 million to bail her boyfriend out of jail. She used a bail bondsman and the total cost was 10% so she actually spent less than $2 million. Her home by the way is far from "palatial". I remember seeing a picture of it perhaps on LP and it was a nice, modest brand new home that cost around $300k.

Don't these websites just love to glorify the issues?

I Agree! This gossip site elevated themselves by using "Bossip" for their website Lol! Also, unless Marie Holmes very recently purchased another home, the only one I have heard of is the new $294k home in the gated community of her hometown. I think it just has a gate that uses a code card access, no manned, security personnel.

She also bought Hot Sauce a 15k gold Rolex encrusted with diamonds along with a thick gold chain...wonder if he'll be sporting that in prison?

Never attempt to maintain a lifestyle you can't afford.

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1704 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2016, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Oprah wanted and has her own network for cable/satellite viewers.  I don't like that she comes on mainstream to hype her shows. 

Oprah should not be confined to just advertising on her own network.  Oprah advertises on the other major networks just like every other TV cable network advertises on other networks, other than their home network.  This is just a common sense strategy to try and reach the largest TV audience. Oprah has every RIGHT to come on the mainstream networks to "hype her shows" !!!