Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Holiday Millionaire Raffle 2016

68 replies. Last post 2 hours ago by Unluckyone.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #172872
February 7, 2016
597 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2016, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Apparently they didn't do a great job of timing it as the first draw isn't until the 29th.  Good luck to all!!

@ Gators - That's a good point. The weekly drawing periods certainly provides incentives to buying throughout the promotion, especially considering that those periods will have a much smaller pool of tickets in the drawing.

@ BuyLow - True, the probability of winning in the first drawing is going to be so much lower because it will have the most tickets clustered in that drawing (likely 125k range is what I'd estimate). Then again, the lottery can justify the point that they also had 2,500 instant win $50 prizes in the mix to make it fair.

Unluckyone's avatar - lib

United States
    Member #176419
    August 4, 2016
    111 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2016, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Have 28 tickets so far.  Most won was $1,000.00 back in 2012.

https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/fl-lottery-raffle-2012-12-17.asp

28 tickets so far? You are a true diehard! I may get one when I head down to Florida next month. At $20 per ticket I can't justify throwing money to chase it.

Hope you do well with your tickets.

Sum Buddy's avatar - AVATAR1 zps193xol4h.jpg

United States
      Member #129928
      July 1, 2012
      90 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2016, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Got my first ticket today around 12:30, 101600 range.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
        NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3692 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2016, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Got my first ticket today around 12:30, 101600 range.

Hey Buddy! 

Thanks for posting this thread...sorry to say, but I've been asleep at the wheel because I just saw it today!! 

I'll be calling my brother who lives in Tampa to have him buy me some tix.... Pennsylvania has it's Milionaire Raffle going too. They too have six early bird drawings, and as a matter of fact they just had the first one this past Monday.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3692 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2016, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Hey Buddy! 

Thanks for posting this thread...sorry to say, but I've been asleep at the wheel because I just saw it today!! 

I'll be calling my brother who lives in Tampa to have him buy me some tix.... Pennsylvania has it's Milionaire Raffle going too. They too have six early bird drawings, and as a matter of fact they just had the first one this past Monday.  G5

Just took a quick look at the FLA Holiday Raffle page...

A few quick differences I saw between Pennsylvania's New Years Millionaire raffle to be held on 1/7/2017

The six Early Bird drawings in PA will each have three winners of $50,000.  (Total of 18 $50,000 winners will be produced) Only tickets purchased during certain weeks are eligible.  They just had the first Early Bird drawing this week.  All tickets sold between 11/8 and 11/14 are eligible.  Only tickets sold after 11/14 up until 11/21 are eligible for next weeks Early Bird drawing. Tickets sold after 11/21 will be eligible for the week after Thanksgiving's early Bird drawing.  etc... Early Bird drawings continue up until the 6th one is held on Dec 19th.

A total of four one million dollar winners will be drawn on 1/7/17. (A max of 750,000 tickets to be sold, at $20 each) 

I bought a ticket last week and it was entered into this weeks Early Bird drawing... ticket number was in the 64,000 range.  Strangely enough, PA has yet to publish the three ticket numbers that won $50,000.  Don't know what the hold up is.  I would think they gotta announce those numbers soon....

Looks to me that The Early Bird incentive is working... ticket sales last year this early in the sales cycle were 2,000 per day.  Looks like 6,000 per day being sold now.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3692 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2016, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

"As a matter of fact, we'll probably be seeing some Lottery Raffle advertising stating "best odds of winning $1,000,000," which it is."

LOL!  I'm on Florida Lottery's e-mail list, and just received an e-mail with the header "Your best odds to win $1 million are here!"  (raffle sales begin today.)  So predictable!

Pumpkin

I have trouble with the odds for these raffles as they advertise them.

In Pennsylvania, they sell a max of 500,000 tickets, and there are four one million dollar winners. So that means the odds are mathematically equivalent to 125,000 to 1.

BUT!  After they draw the first winner, that means there are 499,999 ticket numbers remaining in the pool of ticket numbers that can win a million dollars. (assuming all 500,000 tickets are sold, which lately is NOT the case)  So to me, that means my ticket has a 1 in 499,999 chance of being the next number drawn. 

After the second ticket is drawn, 499,998 ticket numbers remain.  So, that means my ticket now has a 1 in 499,998 chance of winning. After the third ticket is drawn, there are 499,997 remaining.... see what I mean?

If 499,999 isn't almost one in 500,000 then I don't know what is!  G5

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3692 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2016, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Just took a quick look at the FLA Holiday Raffle page...

A few quick differences I saw between Pennsylvania's New Years Millionaire raffle to be held on 1/7/2017

The six Early Bird drawings in PA will each have three winners of $50,000.  (Total of 18 $50,000 winners will be produced) Only tickets purchased during certain weeks are eligible.  They just had the first Early Bird drawing this week.  All tickets sold between 11/8 and 11/14 are eligible.  Only tickets sold after 11/14 up until 11/21 are eligible for next weeks Early Bird drawing. Tickets sold after 11/21 will be eligible for the week after Thanksgiving's early Bird drawing.  etc... Early Bird drawings continue up until the 6th one is held on Dec 19th.

A total of four one million dollar winners will be drawn on 1/7/17. (A max of 750,000 tickets to be sold, at $20 each) 

I bought a ticket last week and it was entered into this weeks Early Bird drawing... ticket number was in the 64,000 range.  Strangely enough, PA has yet to publish the three ticket numbers that won $50,000.  Don't know what the hold up is.  I would think they gotta announce those numbers soon....

Looks to me that The Early Bird incentive is working... ticket sales last year this early in the sales cycle were 2,000 per day.  Looks like 6,000 per day being sold now.  G5

Typo in the above post...

It's 500,000 max tickets sold, not 750,000.  G5

United States
                Member #129928
                July 1, 2012
                90 Posts
                Posted: November 17, 2016, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I have trouble with the odds for these raffles as they advertise them.

In Pennsylvania, they sell a max of 500,000 tickets, and there are four one million dollar winners. So that means the odds are mathematically equivalent to 125,000 to 1.

BUT!  After they draw the first winner, that means there are 499,999 ticket numbers remaining in the pool of ticket numbers that can win a million dollars. (assuming all 500,000 tickets are sold, which lately is NOT the case)  So to me, that means my ticket has a 1 in 499,999 chance of being the next number drawn. 

After the second ticket is drawn, 499,998 ticket numbers remain.  So, that means my ticket now has a 1 in 499,998 chance of winning. After the third ticket is drawn, there are 499,997 remaining.... see what I mean?

If 499,999 isn't almost one in 500,000 then I don't know what is!  G5

I guess they're using the formula 7/750,000 = 1/x  and x = 107,142.

Good luck with your tix!

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3692 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2016, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I guess they're using the formula 7/750,000 = 1/x  and x = 107,142.

Good luck with your tix!

Well actually they're using this formula because there are a max of 500,000 tickets to be sold; 4/500,000 = 1x and x = 125,000. 

My point is that 125,000 is the mathematically equivalent odds...

But I say in reality the odds are not that low.  They don't divide all ticket numbers sold into four separate pools of 125,000 numbers, and then draw one ticket number from each of the four pools. All four winning ticket numbers are drawn from one pool of 500,000 numbers. 

GL with your tix as well.  G5

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                    USA
                    United States
                    Member #152799
                    February 25, 2014
                    1090 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2016, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Have 28 tickets so far.  Most won was $1,000.00 back in 2012.

https://www.lotterypost.com/specialresults/fl-lottery-raffle-2012-12-17.asp

You are really going out on a limb aren't you? Good luck to you!

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3692 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2016, 7:13 am - IP Logged

Bumping this thread up to the top of the list.  G5

United States
                        Member #129928
                        July 1, 2012
                        90 Posts
                        Posted: November 25, 2016, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Four more days of sales before the first "weekly" drawing (the first "weekly" sales period lasted a month.)  After the first drawing, the weekly sales period is actually only a week.

I've got one ticket so far, will probably buy one ticket for each weekly sales period.

Anybody bought a ticket lately?  I'm wondering how many have sold so far...

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3692 Posts
                          Posted: November 25, 2016, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Four more days of sales before the first "weekly" drawing (the first "weekly" sales period lasted a month.)  After the first drawing, the weekly sales period is actually only a week.

I've got one ticket so far, will probably buy one ticket for each weekly sales period.

Anybody bought a ticket lately?  I'm wondering how many have sold so far...

I like what Florida is doing on their website with regard to the odds for the Weekly Drawing Prizes. 

They're showing estimated odds of 1 in 75,000 for the $10,000 prizes.  In Pennsylvania, they don't do anything like that. There's no way of knowing how many tickets were sold for the weekly "Early Bird" drawings, so you cant tell what the odds are. 

However, I will say that $10,000 seems a little "thin" compared to Pennsylvania. PA has three $50,000 winners for each Early Bird drawing.  G5

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #61435
                            May 22, 2008
                            906 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2016, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Yesterday 11/24 @ 2pm was at 152,500ish.

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #85037
                              January 7, 2010
                              252 Posts
                              Posted: November 26, 2016, 11:23 am - IP Logged

just got one a couple of hours ago and it was over 162,000