Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tackling Thoth...

54 replies. Last post 4 days ago by garyo1954.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1736 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2016, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Well, the low position will either be 0,1 or NOT 0,1.  The percentages favor NOT (51%), but since 0,1 is only 2 digits while NOT is potentially 8 digits, I go with the former.  But the 0,1 and the NOT both seem to run fairly long streaks a lot of the time.  There are really 3 patterns: 0,1 run; NOT run or flipping back and forth.  If only I could predict the pattern!  Maybe RL has some ideas here?

Same, of course, applies to the 8,9 in the high position.

BTW, my statistics show that the probability of a 0 or a 1 is 49% back-to-back, 73% after 1 skip and 85% after 2 skips, so I am assuming when Thoth said "within 3 games" that he meant after 0,1 or 2 skips.  95% of these don't go over 4 skips (but that last 5% can be crazy long).

Here's the breakdown for Texas (13820 draws) through the morning draw. Since we're concerned with the first and third positions, we're only concerned with the N1 and N3 columns in red. And as you say, we have 49% chance of a 0 or 1 hitting in the first position and an 8 or 9 hitting in the third position. 

Same result for Florida through the last 6228 draws......

You're definitely farther along than I am (probably farther than anyone here), haven't taken the time to get the breaks through each occurrence as to what draw they return, and that is something I should do.

As far as a predictive method determining when a 0 or 1 or 8 or 9 will occur, it hasn't crossed my mind. To me this is a trap play. When I see a pair of 0 and 1 back to back (or an 8 and 9), I know 9 times out of 10 there will be another 0 or 1 (or 8 or 9) within three draws as just happened in Texas.......

Definitely a lot I haven't discovered (or accidentally tripped across).

Your input, Tia, is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Everything you add helps to formulate the next step in this process. If I could I'd steal your brain and get it done faster.

Yep. Wish I were running on faster legs! But I knew when I started this it would take time. It's a fresh look and mostly fresh programming (to/for me anyway).

Thanks!

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
    Member #42083
    June 27, 2006
    493 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2016, 11:06 am - IP Logged

"As far as a predictive method determining when a 0 or 1 or 8 or 9 will occur, it hasn't crossed my mind. To me this is a trap play. When I see a pair of 0 and 1 back to back (or an 8 and 9), I know 9 times out of 10 there will be another 0 or 1 (or 8 or 9) within three draws as just happened in Texas......."

Somewhere along the way I got lost as to whether this is draw to draw or based on mid to mid and eve to eve.

Clarification please....

I read quite a bit of Thoth's posts awhile back and he was definitely way ahead of me math wise  on this stuff. I rely on tracking, 3-4 rundown, and trends identification.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
      Texas
      United States
      Member #150797
      December 31, 2013
      815 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2016, 11:12 am - IP Logged

"Your input, Tia, is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Everything you add helps to formulate the next step in this process. If I could I'd steal your brain and get it done faster."

Thanks for the kind words, Gary.  I am greatly enjoying this thread. 

I can't lend out my brain, but this forum is the closest thing to a Vulcan mind meld that we have!

Live long and prosper.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5912 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2016, 11:23 am - IP Logged

"Your input, Tia, is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Everything you add helps to formulate the next step in this process. If I could I'd steal your brain and get it done faster."

Thanks for the kind words, Gary.  I am greatly enjoying this thread. 

I can't lend out my brain, but this forum is the closest thing to a Vulcan mind meld that we have!

Live long and prosper.

I wish Thoth would begin posting again!!

Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1736 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2016, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

"As far as a predictive method determining when a 0 or 1 or 8 or 9 will occur, it hasn't crossed my mind. To me this is a trap play. When I see a pair of 0 and 1 back to back (or an 8 and 9), I know 9 times out of 10 there will be another 0 or 1 (or 8 or 9) within three draws as just happened in Texas......."

Somewhere along the way I got lost as to whether this is draw to draw or based on mid to mid and eve to eve.

Clarification please....

I read quite a bit of Thoth's posts awhile back and he was definitely way ahead of me math wise  on this stuff. I rely on tracking, 3-4 rundown, and trends identification.

Jayhawk,  I'm doing the tracking draw to draw. When Texas had two draws a day I kept things separate, but now with 4 a day, things happen fast. We're likely to get a triple once a month.

I would think when Thoth first posted all this, most states only had one draw a night. So it should make a difference.

Going to the dungeon.....

Later!

By the way, Thanks to you guys for getting rid of Charlie Strong. I didn't like the hire, until I read some of his philosophies. Then he seemed okay. Except for the losing. UT can't stand losing. Just hope Tom Herman is all he's billed to be.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
            Member #42083
            June 27, 2006
            493 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2016, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

"Jayhawk,  I'm doing the tracking draw to draw. When Texas had two draws a day I kept things separate, but now with 4 a day, things happen fast. We're likely to get a triple once a month."

I was pretty sure that was the answer. Thanks for answering. 

I did look over some history and its very consistent following along mid to mid and eve to eve. Principle should be the same. Frequency is less but on target. Helpful for those who only play one draw in 2 draw states. I also looked at a couple of one draw states. Things do happen slower, but principle is the same. Holds true. 

If we get nothing else out of all this, we got a very reliable trap method.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
              United States
              Member #4924
              June 3, 2004
              5912 Posts
              Posted: December 1, 2016, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Jayhawk,  I'm doing the tracking draw to draw. When Texas had two draws a day I kept things separate, but now with 4 a day, things happen fast. We're likely to get a triple once a month.

I would think when Thoth first posted all this, most states only had one draw a night. So it should make a difference.

Going to the dungeon.....

Later!

By the way, Thanks to you guys for getting rid of Charlie Strong. I didn't like the hire, until I read some of his philosophies. Then he seemed okay. Except for the losing. UT can't stand losing. Just hope Tom Herman is all he's billed to be.

garyo,

I think you may have discovered something, with the multiple draw thingy. Bet he was thinking single draws only.

Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1736 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2016, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

garyo,

I think you may have discovered something, with the multiple draw thingy. Bet he was thinking single draws only.

Discovering anything besides a dead end would be awesome Bob! Dead ends are easy to find! LOL

Now, don't let me get nuts here but....Texas is working with the third draw after a 0,1.....

Good time as any to jump in with more ideas. Remember the VLMH stuff? Ran that to see which of those sets have been out the longest.

Since we expect a 0 or 1 to follow the 0,1 in the first column, the one thing we know we know is there will be a V (0 or 1) in this draw. Now we need pairs that meet the L (2,3,4) and M (5,6,7) requirement.

I did a pairs chart. 26, 27, 36, 46 each have the LM I need.

So I'm looking for 026 027 036 046 126 127 136 146 for the Texas Evening or Night draw.

Now we wait. And if we hit, we say WOW! That was easy.

Then we lose 47 in a row!!!!!

G

Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1736 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2016, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

And the winner is......

Got our 1.

Got our VLM.

Missed on the 74 which was a returning pair from the day draw.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #126774
                    April 16, 2012
                    1442 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2016, 12:25 am - IP Logged

So, I'm still interested in this post.

I came across another "Beat the odds" thread. Maybe it will help us get closer to using the 0,1 and 8,9 method.

Thread: https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/178451

Screenshot of my little setup:

When I change the Purple digit, it automatically updates the wheels/combos.

We know 0 1 usually hits in low position, and 8 9 hits in high position. This wheel covers

all 4 of those digits, now we just need to figure out how to choose the 5th number.

Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1736 Posts
                      Posted: December 5, 2016, 2:13 am - IP Logged

So, I'm still interested in this post.

I came across another "Beat the odds" thread. Maybe it will help us get closer to using the 0,1 and 8,9 method.

Thread: https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/178451

Screenshot of my little setup:

When I change the Purple digit, it automatically updates the wheels/combos.

We know 0 1 usually hits in low position, and 8 9 hits in high position. This wheel covers

all 4 of those digits, now we just need to figure out how to choose the 5th number.

That's actually a good system!

I made $880 spending $5 a night in about a month. I didn't know what a wheel was, so I made sets with the numbers that hit the most the week before and made sure the sum was between 10 and 17.

Only one week did I have to borrow money from myself. And only because I took the itch to double up the night before. Borrowing money from myself means I went over my $30 per week limit.

Its definitely one of the better systems for anybody new to the lottery and people on a budget like me. You don't have know anything but what numbers are hitting and how to fill out a play slip for boxed play. 

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #126774
                        April 16, 2012
                        1442 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2016, 2:19 am - IP Logged

That's actually a good system!

I made $880 spending $5 a night in about a month. I didn't know what a wheel was, so I made sets with the numbers that hit the most the week before and made sure the sum was between 10 and 17.

Only one week did I have to borrow money from myself. And only because I took the itch to double up the night before. Borrowing money from myself means I went over my $30 per week limit.

Its definitely one of the better systems for anybody new to the lottery and people on a budget like me. You don't have know anything but what numbers are hitting and how to fill out a play slip for boxed play. 

Awesome. Would you happen to know any other "Odds of the Pick 3" threads, or anyone I should look up that 

always gave us different percentages and odds and stuff like that? I'm kinda working on a few things at once

and hoping to make them all work together.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                          United States
                          Member #4924
                          June 3, 2004
                          5912 Posts
                          Posted: December 5, 2016, 6:41 am - IP Logged

The digit 0 has skipped 32 draws according to my note keeping. Looking for 034

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1736 Posts
                            Posted: December 5, 2016, 11:53 am - IP Logged

The digit 0 has skipped 32 draws according to my note keeping. Looking for 034

Bob, you got me totally off guard with that.

Florida had 003 yesterday, Ohio had 038 and Texas last draw was 089.

So I'm lost. I've got 4 out 29 draws in the first position. But that shows the flaw in tracking low to high.

I might need two history files, one low to high order and one in hit order.

Dallas, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #4549
                              May 2, 2004
                              1736 Posts
                              Posted: December 5, 2016, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Awesome. Would you happen to know any other "Odds of the Pick 3" threads, or anyone I should look up that 

always gave us different percentages and odds and stuff like that? I'm kinda working on a few things at once

and hoping to make them all work together.

Look at the idea people......

Win D the Trapmaster. He's a character but always looking for the exploit. "If you can track it, you can trap it."

TNtea. Vtracs. Mirrrors. Followers. 0 bring doubles and doubles brings 0s. Power trails (BobP)

destinycreation's TTT rundown. She mentions lottolaughs systems.

Yeah, pretty off the wall for me to mention geometric and pencil and paper workouts but understanding how they work and why they work is a good foundation for numbers.

Read idea people. They will help you wear the search function out. Follow links, forget where you started and read the disagreements since they offer insight too.

G