Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do you play the lottery?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
peach_picker's avatar - box avatar.gif
Georgia
United States
Member #7424
October 2, 2004
55 Posts
Posted: November 9, 2004, 6:38 am - IP Logged

Interesting question and posts, everyone!   Found Lottery Post about a year ago, and then,with the help of some great tips from serious players like WinD, Lantern and many others here, I began to track and play the Georgia game in earnest.... Got some nice wins, but I was losing more than I was winning, so I stopped playing altogether several months ago. Worked two jobs for 6 months to build my "bank" back up.... Then, four weeks ago, I decided it was time to quit my second job, and I've been spending most of my free time since then tracking, re-studying and just watching the Georgia merged game.... Now, with lots of help from P3/4Lotto, Versabet 3/4 and The Crunch software programs (combined with a bunch of different unique ways to track draws that I've discovered on my own through much trial and error), I have finally almost settled on that one personal strategy that I'm certain will consistently pay off much more than it costs..... Still not quite there yet, but I should be ready to start playing again, and posting my GA merged plays, within the next couple of weeks. Hope to see all of y'all at the bank...lol!  

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: November 9, 2004, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Peach since it is hard to win often, then the next best thing is to try to win straight, to take any boxed numbers or combos and before you play them try to arrange them in straight-order that way when you do win even if not often you will still make some money or at least come even, work on ways or a way of arranging the numbers for straight wins.

Straight that's where the money is, get your combos in any way that you might, yes even boxed if you want and once you have them, then arrange them for straight wins this will be easier for doubles and harder for singles, because doubles are only 3-way numbers and singles are 6 way numbers, for doulbles once you eliminate 1 of the 3 possible ways, then you are left with only 2 possible ways and when you play 1 of the 2 ways left you then have a 50/50 chance of winning straight with your doubles, but on doubles you should very often ve able to narrow the doubles down to just the 1 straight combination out of the 3 possible ones.

As to singles maybe the best that you can do is pick the 3 best or most possible combinations out of the 6 that there are and play 1 of the 3 for a straight chance of maybe about 33%, if you could narrow them down to only 2 combinations out of the 6 possible ones then you would have a 50% of winning straight with the combo(s).

This repositioning of the digits will have to be done individualy for every single number or combo just to be sure and will take some time depending on how many combos or numbers you are going to play, as I said doubles should be easier, since you are maybe using filters it might then be easier for you to do, because the filters themselves might already do some of the work for you, but you might still need to do some individual work on every single combo that is left after you do your work-out.

Patience, practice and a lot of thinking and time should help.

$ Good $ Luck $ To $ You $. And take your time, there is no rush at all.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: November 9, 2004, 10:53 am - IP Logged

If you can maybe also try to play pick 3 and 4 online and don't be afraid of computerized draws, they are just as good or even much better than ping pong balls draws. (I think much better).

Look for the states that have them and play those more than the others.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
        Member #91
        January 19, 2002
        11927 Posts
        Posted: November 9, 2004, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I agree with alot of the people here on this post,  I play because I like numbers, I like looking where everybody isn't....and it gets my curosity going when people tell me that I can't win......tell me I cant do something (WITHIN THE LEGAL LIMITS) and you have my attention, and i'll have fun trying to prove you wrong.....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

waynr's avatar - moon2

United States
          Member #3813
          February 23, 2004
          52 Posts
          Posted: November 9, 2004, 11:40 am - IP Logged

I play because I want a sail yacht and a long loooooong loooooooooooong vacation. Never has been for the money.

United States
            Member #5565
            July 11, 2004
            260 Posts
            Posted: November 9, 2004, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I use some of the funds that I previously gave to charities since the lottery is a device to fund the school system.  In that way, I'm not diverting any money that I can't afford to lose or that was intended for another purpose.  I try to win about half of the money that I pay in while I wait for the big prize.

United States
              Member #336
              June 15, 2001
              26 Posts
              Posted: November 9, 2004, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Hope is one of the things that make it fun to live.

peach_picker's avatar - box avatar.gif
                Georgia
                United States
                Member #7424
                October 2, 2004
                55 Posts
                Posted: November 9, 2004, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Lantern,                                                                                        Just a quick post to let you know how much I appreciated  your detailed, in-depth, and well thought out reaction to those earlier ramblings of mine. Sure gave me and any other pick3 players who checked out this thread some really terrific food for thought. Great explanation of your "straights" strategy, and how you arrived at it. Excellent advice on all counts! Thanks again for all that you've done,  and continue to do, to help me and others.

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: November 9, 2004, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Peach

After your responce I feel obligated to try to tell you more:

First of all, filters don't work every single time, they might fail much more often than they work, so that's a very good reason to try to win straight instead of box, because using filters you might not win often enough, maybe only 20% to 35% at best depending how good you are at predicting which filters might work best for the very next draw of the particular state lottery or lotteries that you want to play next.

Study the past draws of the state or states that you want to play, check the filters on past draws first and see what works and what does not, do this for many past draws, because what worked for one draw might not work for the next and what didn't work for a particular draw might work for another, try to determine which filters work best overall and how often they might work and see then if you can predict which filters might work best for particular draws after much practice and study.

More to come on the next post:

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                    USA
                    United States
                    Member #8242
                    October 29, 2004
                    1133 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2004, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I'm on disability and been thru life's downtimes. I play cos I feel millions of dollars is the only way I can be "happiest".. maybe not exactly happy, but "happiest".

I sorta think it's all a semi-scam also. If the monies fund the school systems, then a few years ago, why was there a school/schools holding class in bathrooms, cos the classroom walls were deteriorating with harmful materials? That's only just one example I heard in the news. Anyway, I think there really are real winners.. normal people just like you and me.. but that the Lotto big-wigs controlling the supposed unbias drawing machine lets a "certain ticket" win the jackpot here and there. The times where there is no jackpot winner.. well where that money goes is beyond me. We're talking about A LOT of money. Why is the country's deficit still so high? Hmm

Well I hope for the best, and that that "certain ticket" is mine

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: November 9, 2004, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

As you know some states have only 1 pick 3 daily draw and others have 2 draws: early and late, also some have only pick 3 and others both: Pick 3 and pick 4, the combos and the filters will and or might behave in different ways with different state lotteries, also at different times they might behave also different for even the same state lottery and it's 1 or 2 draws, also in states with 2 pick 3 draws the filters will or might behave in different ways with each of the 2 draws.

Study the few last past draws for the particular game or games and see how the numbers and the filters are behaving and or working at present.

As I said the filters will not work every time so you have to be very carefull when using them and if you are able to position the numbers or combos to win straight, then it will not matter too much if the filters fail more than they work, because when you win you then will win straight and get very much money.

Here I have a list of past draws for a state, I will only list the doubles from most recent to oldest:

833 SDD

882 DDS

929 DSD

663 DDS

688 SDD

911 SDD

606  DSD

First the oldest 606= DSD=Double,Single,Double.

Do you see what I see? How the Double-Single pattern changes most of the time from the last double to the very next one up?

Do you know what that means?

More next: Next post: Will continue on the pick 3 forum.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: November 10, 2004, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

i play to win......

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                          OHIO
                          United States
                          Member #5328
                          June 30, 2004
                          1284 Posts
                          Posted: November 10, 2004, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I play to get out of debt!

I don't consider it gambling..as I am supporting education..with a freewill tax so to speak! in exchange I get a chance to win money..without making the freewill support to education, I don't get a chance..

So far been playing on/off moslty off and a little on the negative side..

have a great winning day!

carbondale
                            United States
                            Member #8522
                            November 8, 2004
                            2 Posts
                            Posted: November 10, 2004, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Great answers everybody.  I forgot to ad one thing to my question, could I use a couple of your responces for a school project on the lottery?  I wont use names, just the quotations.  Good Luck everyone =)

Thanks again for all the responces

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #8242
                              October 29, 2004
                              1133 Posts
                              Posted: November 10, 2004, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

sure