Tenn. proposal for real lottery drawings withdrawn

Apr 30, 2008, 7:38 am (10 comments)

Tennessee Lottery

Somber news for Tennessee Lottery players

A proposal to require the Tennessee Lottery to abandon computerized drawings has been withdrawn for the year.

The chairman of the House State and Local Government committee announced Tuesday that the bill sponsored by House Minority Leader Jason Mumpower, a Bristol Republican, was taken off notice.

Mumpower had said he introduced the manual drawings measure in response to a loss in consumer confidence following a computer programming error last year.

The glitch gave Cash 3 and Cash 4 tickets with duplicate numbers — like 3-3-3 — no chance of winning over a period of 23 days.

The companion bill was never scheduled for consideration in the Senate.

AP

Comments

spy153's avatarspy153

that's just not good....not good at all!

Basically, what they're message to the consumer is "we don't care what you like."  I know they didn't actually say that, but that is the message I am getting.

konane's avatarkonane

Georgia and all neighboring lottery states gratefully accept all of Tennessee's lottery money!!  Party

 

Good time to press for national legislation for online ticket sales across state lines .... giving players in RNG only states a choice .... especially with rising gas prices and the move toward a greener world.

jackpotismine's avatarjackpotismine

Quote: Originally posted by spy153 on Apr 30, 2008

that's just not good....not good at all!

Basically, what they're message to the consumer is "we don't care what you like."  I know they didn't actually say that, but that is the message I am getting.

I Agree! So much for "people to the people". Until people get back to boycotting for a long time. This will not change.

four4me's avatarfour4me

Well you cant say you didn't see this coming. Tennesseans should have jumped on this when they had the chance. Writing and calling the various state officials would have pushed this forward. My guess is not enough people even spent any time calling or writing them.

Now the chance to make a change dwindles with every day that passes. All i can say is shame on the people who wanted them to switch back to live ball drawings. You had every opportunity to make this happen. Sitting on your hands and waiting for something to happen doesn't cut it you have to speak up. Let you opinions and voices be heard. 

Had enough people came forward and voiced their wish to change back to ball drawings you would be reading about that change taking place.  

JustFrozen's avatarJustFrozen

I see this not as a blow to those who play in Tennessee but to a blow for all across the nation who resist the turn to computerized drawings. This could have been another card in our hand to play, but now it's just another sign that there's seemingly nothing we can do to stop it

ThatScaryChick's avatarThatScaryChick

Quote: Originally posted by spy153 on Apr 30, 2008

that's just not good....not good at all!

Basically, what they're message to the consumer is "we don't care what you like."  I know they didn't actually say that, but that is the message I am getting.

I agree. Plus, I wonder if they are going to keep putting it off in the hopes that people will just forget about it and accept computerized drawings.

littlejsing's avatarlittlejsing

Quote: Originally posted by four4me on Apr 30, 2008

Well you cant say you didn't see this coming. Tennesseans should have jumped on this when they had the chance. Writing and calling the various state officials would have pushed this forward. My guess is not enough people even spent any time calling or writing them.

Now the chance to make a change dwindles with every day that passes. All i can say is shame on the people who wanted them to switch back to live ball drawings. You had every opportunity to make this happen. Sitting on your hands and waiting for something to happen doesn't cut it you have to speak up. Let you opinions and voices be heard. 

Had enough people came forward and voiced their wish to change back to ball drawings you would be reading about that change taking place.  

I wrote and complained numerous times about the computerized drawing to the Governor and other state officials.  I will no longer invest my money in the Tennessee Lottery unless they returned to the mechanical ball drawing.  Unfortunately I cannot control the actions of others to do the same.  I'm sure Rebecca Paul-Hargrove had some influence in this as well.  She is a parasite who has made a fortune raping and pillaging the lottery system everywhere she goes. 

Pogo's avatarPogo

Are we looking at this half full glass the wrong way... Just my take on it - computerized drawing = No True Random draws... Sounds like it just upped the perdictability to me - But then again I can't stand computer drawn numbers - - - HERE'S TO THE PING PONG BALLS!!! Pogo Cheers

four4me's avatarfour4me

Quote: Originally posted by littlejsing on Apr 30, 2008

I wrote and complained numerous times about the computerized drawing to the Governor and other state officials.  I will no longer invest my money in the Tennessee Lottery unless they returned to the mechanical ball drawing.  Unfortunately I cannot control the actions of others to do the same.  I'm sure Rebecca Paul-Hargrove had some influence in this as well.  She is a parasite who has made a fortune raping and pillaging the lottery system everywhere she goes. 

My post wasn't directed at the people whom contacted the state officials. It's directed at the naysayers who complained about computerized drawings and for whatever reason failed to follow up by doing everything they could by contacting the state officials who were trying to help them.

This matter was all but resolved. Negative posts on here in threads about all this and thread drift probably contributed somewhat to their decision.

I also agree that Rebecca probably remains stead fast in her decision to switch drawing types. Puts up a good fight but ultimately it was in the peoples hands and the people didn't do enough or join the fight. Several people might make a dent in the process but hundreds or thousands of people would have accomplished the task.  

tntea's avatartntea

Quote: Originally posted by four4me on Apr 30, 2008

My post wasn't directed at the people whom contacted the state officials. It's directed at the naysayers who complained about computerized drawings and for whatever reason failed to follow up by doing everything they could by contacting the state officials who were trying to help them.

This matter was all but resolved. Negative posts on here in threads about all this and thread drift probably contributed somewhat to their decision.

I also agree that Rebecca probably remains stead fast in her decision to switch drawing types. Puts up a good fight but ultimately it was in the peoples hands and the people didn't do enough or join the fight. Several people might make a dent in the process but hundreds or thousands of people would have accomplished the task.  

I also agree that Rebecca probably remains stead fast in her decision to switch drawing types. Puts up a good fight but ultimately it was in the peoples hands and the people didn't do enough or join the fight. Several people might make a dent in the process but hundreds or thousands of people would have accomplished the task.

 

 

 

I Agree!

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story