Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Multi-state lottery jackpots offer multiple $100M+ chances

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by dpoly1.

Page 3 of 3
41
PrintE-mailLink
HaveABall's avatar - rocket

United States
Member #72448
March 18, 2009
1227 Posts
Offline
Posted: April 14, 2010, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I live in a non lottery state.  Therefore I have to drive about 20 minutes for my tickets.  I do not choose the closest store, I choose the independent one that deserves the "bonus" from the sale of the winning powerball ticket.  They are the nicest employees too, dirt poor and they could really use the cash.  It would bother me to no end to know some chain store manager profited from my win and lined his pockets with it

Hello Lucky4Life, you wrote:  "It would bother me to no end to know some chain store manager profited from my win and lined his pockets with it."

Hum, no need to be bothered by this incorrect notion anymore, as it is the store OWNER(s) who profits (since they had the VISION which caused them to move forward through red tape to obtain the supplies and employees to manage the machine and customer requests), not their empoloyees (unless perhaps the store owners share amount is large enough to cover their store's expenses, and any personal debts that they may have).  Peace.

Conehead

Having several millions of dollars in my financial accounts means receiving several valuable services each day!

Disney

    Avatar

    United States
    Member #61232
    May 16, 2008
    126 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: April 14, 2010, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

    Hello Lucky4Life, you wrote:  "It would bother me to no end to know some chain store manager profited from my win and lined his pockets with it."

    Hum, no need to be bothered by this incorrect notion anymore, as it is the store OWNER(s) who profits (since they had the VISION which caused them to move forward through red tape to obtain the supplies and employees to manage the machine and customer requests), not their empoloyees (unless perhaps the store owners share amount is large enough to cover their store's expenses, and any personal debts that they may have).  Peace.

    Conehead

    Many times the store is OWNED by a big corporation.  Take 7-11 for example, about 77% of their stores franchised, the other 23% are owned by Seven-Eleven Japan Co., Ltd.

    Turkey Hill in Pennsylvania which has about 250 stores (and doesn't franchise) is owned by Kroger.

    Sheetz has more then 300 stores and doesn't franchise either.

    I could go on and on...

    Lucky4Life has a valid point.

      rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: April 14, 2010, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

      Many times the store is OWNED by a big corporation.  Take 7-11 for example, about 77% of their stores franchised, the other 23% are owned by Seven-Eleven Japan Co., Ltd.

      Turkey Hill in Pennsylvania which has about 250 stores (and doesn't franchise) is owned by Kroger.

      Sheetz has more then 300 stores and doesn't franchise either.

      I could go on and on...

      Lucky4Life has a valid point.

      Sheetz rings a bell. It reminds me of my last trip to Mexico for some reason. Oh yeah, never mind.


                                                   
                           
                                               

       

       

       

       

                                                                                                         

      "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

                                                                                                  --Edmund Burke

       

       

        Avatar

        United States
        Member #10720
        January 23, 2005
        933 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: April 14, 2010, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

        HOw about the winner(s) of the LAST jackpot raising their hand(s)? it gets kind of boring when the big winning ticket is sold right down the street and the story withers and dies because nobody is brave enough to show up with the ticket.

          Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

          United States
          Member #85037
          January 7, 2010
          252 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: April 14, 2010, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

          HOw about the winner(s) of the LAST jackpot raising their hand(s)? it gets kind of boring when the big winning ticket is sold right down the street and the story withers and dies because nobody is brave enough to show up with the ticket.

          i think that's the point! by the time they show up nobody cares anymore and they can be left alone :)

            Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

            United States
            Member #85037
            January 7, 2010
            252 Posts
            Offline
            Posted: April 14, 2010, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

            Why? If you really cared about the people at the "poor" store...just give them some money after you win the jackpot. I'd don't have the time or money to find a "poor" store...but if I knew of someone who needed it in my daily life and I won...I would help them out then. 

            Last night I got 1+1 with my quick pick...bought at a chain grocery store...I feel pretty good about that. Big Smile

            Now it is time to win the PB Jackpot baby!

            Party

            because then i would have to pay a gift tax on what I give them!

              RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19816 Posts
              Offline
              Posted: April 15, 2010, 1:18 am - IP Logged

              Looks like Ohio is come on line at a good time for PowerBall.  Its first sales will start this Friday and the jackpot will be $212M.  I'll will be picking some PB numbers as soon as I picked my numbers for Friday MM drawing which has a jackpot of $122M.

               * you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 
                 
                           Evil Looking       

                dpoly1's avatar - driver
                PA
                United States
                Member #66141
                October 16, 2008
                1672 Posts
                Offline
                Posted: April 15, 2010, 7:31 am - IP Logged

                Woo Hoo! $101.6 Million Cash ... I don't care how much the annuity is .... cold hard cash that can be used to purchase tangible income producing assests is great!

                Cool Time to buy the ticket!