Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Straight-only option for Prediction Pages

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CalifDude.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Peach3 $treet's avatar - kol becauseOfTheTimes.jpg
Forest Park, Georgia
United States
Member #8800
November 17, 2004
1029 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2005, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

The programming required for Todd to do this might be overly difficult, but I'd love to see if he would consider providing a straight-only option for the Pick 3 Prediction Pages that would allow, ideally, a maximum of 150 straight picks per game.  If 150 seems unreasonable, how about 125 or 100 maximum picks?

It could be a welcome alternative to the current straight/box only plays, for those of us working on straight-only strategies and systems that appear to show excellent profit potential.

Anyone else interested?

>Peach

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8795 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2005, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

I too like the idea of the straight only option for prediction wagers.

Set it at $1.00 straight?

Type

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19895 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2005, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

I've never seem anyone play 150 combo straight daily.  Is that a real strategy for winning or just an easy way to get poorer faster?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Forest Park, Georgia
        United States
        Member #8800
        November 17, 2004
        1029 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2005, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the feedback, JP and RJoh.  JP, I'd be happy with either $1.00 or .50 wagers.  Personally, I wouldn't have a strong preference regarding that.

Perhaps that could be another option for each individual Poster.

RJoh, playing online, if your system hit on the 5th game that you played, you'd show a net profit of 37.50, betting 37.50 a game.  If your sytem hit on games 1 thru 4, your profit would be accordingly higher, of course.

But, maybe a smaller maximum of 100 or 125 would be of more value to the typical player looking for good straight bets.

>Peach

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2005, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

How about a lotto only prediction page.

(insert signature here)

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8795 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2005, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I've never seem anyone play 150 combo straight daily.  Is that a real strategy for winning or just an easy way to get poorer faster?

RJOh

The amount of picks would be the option of the predictor.

I could go with one pick or more. Obviously the fewer picks with straight hits would show a more profit potential.

Type

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23348 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2005, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

I certainly consider all suggestions, but my feeling is that offering different betting options to the predictions would change the intent of the page, even if individuals would be happy with the increased options.  The page is intended as a level playing field, where every bet is equal, allowing optimum comparisons between predictors.

I do not want the page to turn into something where different statistics are disputed because someone contends that they bet differently, and so they were slighted, over that someone got an unfair edge, etc., etc.  You may not think those things will happen, but trust me, they will.  I was a watchful observer of the old maybells site, and I learned a lot from that site's demise.

I would propose an alternative approach:  rather than changing the options when inputting the numbers, perhaps we can show a statistics page showing straight hits.  Or maybe there can be a filter on the winner's page showing just straight hits.  Those things would be useful for someone looking for a predictor who does well with straight hits in particular, yet does not introduce an unfair or unbalanced element into the prediction process.

I'm not saying I would definitely create those things, but I'm throwing it out there as an idea.

For JS9's post, there are lotto predictions - for every regular lotto game in the USA - so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23348 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2005, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to mention the number of picks you asked about.  I wouold certainly consider adding more picks for Premium (i.e., serious) members.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #6
                  November 4, 2001
                  8795 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2005, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I certainly consider all suggestions, but my feeling is that offering different betting options to the predictions would change the intent of the page, even if individuals would be happy with the increased options.  The page is intended as a level playing field, where every bet is equal, allowing optimum comparisons between predictors.

I do not want the page to turn into something where different statistics are disputed because someone contends that they bet differently, and so they were slighted, over that someone got an unfair edge, etc., etc.  You may not think those things will happen, but trust me, they will.  I was a watchful observer of the old maybells site, and I learned a lot from that site's demise.

I would propose an alternative approach:  rather than changing the options when inputting the numbers, perhaps we can show a statistics page showing straight hits.  Or maybe there can be a filter on the winner's page showing just straight hits.  Those things would be useful for someone looking for a predictor who does well with straight hits in particular, yet does not introduce an unfair or unbalanced element into the prediction process.

I'm not saying I would definitely create those things, but I'm throwing it out there as an idea.

For JS9's post, there are lotto predictions - for every regular lotto game in the USA - so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

That would work quite well also Todd.

I never had thought of that.

Type

Forest Park, Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #8800
                    November 17, 2004
                    1029 Posts
                    Posted: May 15, 2005, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the response, Todd.  Any additions to your already super site would be welcome and beneficial to many, I'm sure.  Those are excellent ideas you presented. 

You see, what I've been trying to develop for Georgia straight plays, usually involves about 100-150 picks to have any decent chance of hitting semi-consistently.   Anything less, and I simply have to apply too many filters. 

Suppose there'd be no harm in my posting that large number of straight picks over in the Pick 3 forum post when time allows.  We'll see how things go there, unscientifically.  I was just hoping the exact stats could be tracked completely and accurately with the help of the Prediction Pages.

>Peach

Forest Park, Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #8800
                      November 17, 2004
                      1029 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2005, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to mention the number of picks you asked about.  I wouold certainly consider adding more picks for Premium (i.e., serious) members.

Just read the above.  Thank you again, Todd, for taking it under consideration!

Peach

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                        Mid-Missouri
                        United States
                        Member #644
                        August 31, 2002
                        4271 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2005, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

How about a filter on the winner's page for posters of "individual states" as well. Please!!!!!  (you really need to add an emoticon that portrays begging...LOL!)

Thanks,

Bryan  :)

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                          FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2005, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Todd and JP, that would be a cool feature (straight and box filters) and a helluva lot easier than re-programming the whole thing.  But let's give Todd a little break.  My kudos to him for a very smooth transition to the new site. Let's let him lay back and chill for a while. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23348 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2005, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

How about a filter on the winner's page for posters of "individual states" as well. Please!!!!!  (you really need to add an emoticon that portrays begging...LOL!)

Thanks,

I'm not sure.  I'm nervous about excluding someone from a winner page or stats page based on the fact that their posting strategy is different.  Besides, if an all states predictor hits very often in your state, what does it matter that they posted for all states?

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                              Mid-Missouri
                              United States
                              Member #644
                              August 31, 2002
                              4271 Posts
                              Posted: May 15, 2005, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

I don't see it as an exclusion because it is a reversible filter. The other stats will still be there for anyone who wants to see them. I think people who post individual states do more home work and do it with fewer numbers. That's it in a nut shell.

Thanks Todd, for at least looking at it.