Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Union Jack Pick 3 Method

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 11 years ago by UNITEDWESTAND.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Atomic Dog's avatar - sniffer
Minnesota
United States
Member #13028
March 28, 2005
870 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2005, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Greetings,

I wanted to post this method to get some feedback on the method and some new insights if anyone cares to share.

I call this the Union Jack Pick 3 method.  I'm not sure if it has been utilized before, but I have been testing it for about 4 months now and have back tested it 2 years on the Minnesota Daily 3.  It would be best to use this in picking BOX combos for your Pick 3.  I am posting it now because I have actually gotten to a point of perfecting its behavior.

I call this method the Union Jack method because you utilize a down, criss-cross and across method while adding numbers to get your picks (like the lines on the British flag).  Here's how it works.

1.  Get a weeks worth of draws starting with last Friday's draw.

2.  Line the draws up in order of appearance with the earliest picks on top and the most recent picks on the bottom like this:

06/04 = 3 2 5

06/05 = 2 1 3

06/06 = 0 7 2

06/07 = 5 3 4

06/08 = 0 2 3

06/09 = 9 3 5

06/10 = 1 1 7

3.  This method has a progression in how it works.  The method is as follows:

a. 5 Regular = add last 5 draws to get base, then use down/across method

b. 3 Regular = add last 3 draws to get base, then use down/across method

c. 2 Regular = add last 2 draws to get base, then use down/across method

d. 2 Regular

e. 2 Irregular = add last 2 draws to get base, then use across/down method

f. 2 Regular

g. 2 Irregular

h. 3 Irregular = add last 3 draws to get base, then use across/down method

i. 5 Irregular = add last 5 draws to get base, then use across/down method

j. 2 Irregular

k. 2 Regular

l. 2 Irregular

m. Then back to 5 Regular and through the progression.

So .......... with this being said, and for our example above, we are in the "a" stage of the progression which is 5 Regular.  We will use this method to get our picks for the week.

4.  Ok .... so now since we're in a 5 Regular week, we add the last 5 draws BY COLUMN to get our base number:

06/06 = 0  7  2

06/07 = 5  3  4

06/08 = 0  2  3

06/09 = 9  3  5

06/10 = 1  1  7

6  8  1  (add all five together to get sum, in this example 1681, and then drop the first number to get 3 digit base number).

5.  Now with our base number established, we beginning adding our numbers together (in sets of 3 numbers) to get our picks for the week.  Since our example is a 5 REGULAR week, we add the middle numbers of the last 2 draws to the middle number of the base number to get the second digit of our first pick.  We then add criss-cross over these numbers to get the first and third digit of our first pick.  Here's an example:   

06/09 = 9  3  5

06/10 = 1  1  7

Base      6  8  1 

06/09 = 9  3    5

06/10 = 1  1  7

Base      6  8  1 

2  1 

06/09 = 9  3  5

06/10 = 1  1    7

Base      6  8  1 

2  2  1 

So our first pick is 221.  We don't use the base number as a pick.  Our second pick is obtained in a similar way, except that we add across to get our middle digit and then add the last 3 numbers in the criss cross like this:

06/09 = 9  3  5

06/10 = 1  1    7

Base      6  8  1 

2    1

06/09 = 9  3  5

06/10 = 1  1    7

Base      6  8  1 

2  2   1

7   5

06/09 = 9  3  5

06/10 = 1  1  7

Base      6  8  1 

2  2   1

7   5  0

So our 2nd pick would be 750.  We continue down the columns into the picks of this progression of alternating down/criss-cross and across/criss-cross until we have 10 picks.  In this example of 5 Regular, down/criss-cross would be used on Picks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 while across/criss-cross would be used on Picks 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10.  Here's what our example looks like in completion:

06/09 = 9  3  5

06/10 = 1  1  7

Base      6  8  1 

2  2   1

7   5  0

0  5  8

6  3  5

1  3  7

2  1   0

0  7  9

8  6  1

5  4  0

0   9  6

These would be your 10 picks for the week.  If you look at the Minnesota Daily 3 draws for this past week, you'll see the 054 hit (540).  You'll usually get one full hit a week.

5.  So how does 5 Regular differ from 5 Irregular, thus Regular differing from Irregular?  Well, in a Regular week, or Regular progression, we add columns to get our base number then add down/criss-cross on Picks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 and across/criss-cross on Picks 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10.  In an Irregular week or progression, we do the exact opposite.  We add columns to get our base number then add across/criss-cross on Picks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 and down/criss-cross on Picks 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10.  Thus the difference between Regular and Irregular in the progression.

IMPORTANT RULES:

1.  Use your 10 picks as a reference with other methods.  If you use this method, you'll generally see at least one hit from your list of ten.

2.  When comparing these numbers to others from a different method, add 1 or subtract 1 from the 1st or 3rd column to obtain similarities between the results.  You should never add or subtract 1 to the middle column because those numbers are incredibly static and "true-to-form" so to say.

3.  Once one of the 10 picks has hit for thr week, STOP playing from the list!!!  You usually will get only 1 hit from your list in that week.  If one of the Picks hits on Saturday, your list is generally finished for the week.  Hits from this list usually happen 3 to 5 days into week.

4.  ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use more than one metod to obtain your list of picks.  Never rely on one method, especially this one, to give you results on a daily basis.  Use this method along with others to filter your picks down to manageable number of picks, preferably 5 or fewer.

5.  This method has been known to pick winners straight as is but will generally give BOX winners only.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here.  I'll try to help as much as possible.

Good Luck,

John (a.k.a Atomic Dog)

BOW WOW WOW ......

...... YIPPY YOH YIPPY YAY!!!

txpolo's avatar - animaniacs16

United States
    Member #173
    April 8, 2002
    6114 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2005, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Thanks Atomic Dog

BananaWTG all Winner$. Hyper

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
      Wyncote,Pa
      United States
      Member #3206
      January 3, 2004
      61409 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2005, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I hope to demystify and find core

rhythm applicable to some

workouts

empassioned1's avatar - abns7
        Saint Louis, Missouri
        United States
        Member #17000
        June 9, 2005
        46 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2005, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

I appreciate the detailed explanation, not sure how this will factor out with the MO Pick3 but I've got some data I can experiment with.  Would be neat if the Union Jack method works.

Now if these 10 picks were played each day say (staight box) at a dollar, your looking at 10 bucks a day until it comes in.  Based on this method (and yes I noted you said USE OTHER METHODS NOT JUST THIS ONE), how did you fare dollarwise on paper?

Just curious,

C.K.

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, let me see you without the shades drawn

What's a Hades Bunny?  Well let's just say you don't wanna be jumpin' over MY back fence.  But hey, you ain't afraid a lil white rabbit now are ya?

Saint Louis, Missouri
          United States
          Member #17000
          June 9, 2005
          46 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2005, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Also: Do you separate midday from evening lotteries?  This can make a major difference in the way the numbers come out.  I've tried it using last weeks MO midday numbers...no winners, but I'll keep looking at it.

C.K.

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, let me see you without the shades drawn

What's a Hades Bunny?  Well let's just say you don't wanna be jumpin' over MY back fence.  But hey, you ain't afraid a lil white rabbit now are ya?

Saint Louis, Missouri
            United States
            Member #17000
            June 9, 2005
            46 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2005, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Everyone go on vacation?  Figured this thread would get a few more posts.  Well for whatever reason, this method sure seems to have the hits contained within EVERY week thus far.

Does anyone with some EXCEL experience know if you can obtain a sum and then drop the tens place digit in an equation?  This would allow me to develop two equations (one for Regular and one for irregular) that I could plug in the week's base figures and obtain the numbers I'm looking for.

Thanks,

And thank you John(Atomic Dog) for posting this, it really does seem to work.  I had to increase my base to include 7-2 day versus just 5-2, but man the hits are there so far.

C.K.

Minnesota
              United States
              Member #13028
              March 28, 2005
              870 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2005, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Everyone go on vacation?  Figured this thread would get a few more posts.  Well for whatever reason, this method sure seems to have the hits contained within EVERY week thus far.

Does anyone with some EXCEL experience know if you can obtain a sum and then drop the tens place digit in an equation?  This would allow me to develop two equations (one for Regular and one for irregular) that I could plug in the week's base figures and obtain the numbers I'm looking for.

Thanks,

And thank you John(Atomic Dog) for posting this, it really does seem to work.  I had to increase my base to include 7-2 day versus just 5-2, but man the hits are there so far.

C.K.

THANKS CK!

I appreciate the kind words.  All I can say is RUN WITH IT and WIN!  It sure took months of testing and back checking on various draws, over 3 years worth in 2 states, but it's seems to be good for at least 1 hit a week.

Oh my ..... I wish I were an Excel guru because I would just email everyone with the tailored Excel file fitting this system.  Unfortunately I'm not which even is bad for me!  If anyone is interested in putting this into Excel with the proper formulas, etc send me a message and we'll go from there!

Thanks again!

Good Luck,

John (A.K.A. ATOMIC DOG)

BOW WOW WOW ......

mysticwomyn's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #5534
                July 10, 2004
                739 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2005, 10:06 am - IP Logged

Atomic Dog

Is this correct...that after you have established  your first three picks, the base number is dropped and you continue working with the newest three-set numbers as they are configured ? Or is it always putting the latest pick under the base number along with the most two recent draws from your list and working from there to achieve each pick? Thanks in advance...

mysticwomyn

Minnesota
                  United States
                  Member #13028
                  March 28, 2005
                  870 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2005, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Atomic Dog

Is this correct...that after you have established  your first three picks, the base number is dropped and you continue working with the newest three-set numbers as they are configured ? Or is it always putting the latest pick under the base number along with the most two recent draws from your list and working from there to achieve each pick? Thanks in advance...

mysticwomyn

From the original instructions, you take the weeks last draws (if a 5 Regular week, you take the last 5 draws; if a 2 Irregular week, you take the last 2 draws) and add them together to get the BASE NUMBER.  You then start adding 3 numbers together in the UNION JACK fashion (diagonal/down/diagonal/diagonal/across/diagonal for a REGULAR week and diagonal/across/diagonal/diagonal/down/diagonal for an IRREGULAR week) until you get 10 lines of numbers past your BASE NUMBER.  If this web site could allow fo better illustration, I would post pics to show this better but unfortunately this site does not allow the uploading of pics.

Good Luck,

John

BOW WOW WOW ......

Joliesj's avatar - green fey.png
                    Houston
                    United States
                    Member #16932
                    June 7, 2005
                    49 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2005, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Well I thought I had it all figured out for Texas. I went all they way to the begining of the year. I started with last Friday's draw and came up with 10 picks. Well I was late getting to the store on Monday night and one of my 10 picks hit. UGH!! I had 120 and the pick 3 was 201. I can kick myself in the rear for that one. My problem is I forgot to right down what progression Texas was in. Now I think I have to start all over. Should I just start with the month of June instead of going all the way back to the beginning of the year? Oh how I wish this was put into a program where I can just plug away....

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31534 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2005, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

i'm still on step 1  wish somebody would do excel

love to nibble those micey feet.

Saint Louis, Missouri
                        United States
                        Member #17000
                        June 9, 2005
                        46 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2005, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I am doing the Excel work now...as soon as I have the "calculator" finished, I'll be more than willing to share *smile*

Maybe I can explain more too when I get it.  I'll also include formulas for each Base Sum to use (7-2).

C.K.

Saint Louis, Missouri
                          United States
                          Member #17000
                          June 9, 2005
                          46 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2005, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Ok I have this Union Jack Calculator done for Excel

Sheet One lets you key in the last 7 draws all the way down to last 2 draws which will give you your base sum (third set of numbers in start of Union Jack formula).  Remember to take the last three digits in the sum...meaning drop the thousands place.

The reason I wasn't able to use a mod statement in the base sum is because after dropping the thousands place, it also drops all zeros until you get a whole number to be a sum (ie: 1007 would drop the 1 and then both zero's leaving you with just 7, 1031 would drop the 1 and zero and leave you with 31)  If I can figure out a better way to get these sums later I will.  All you need to do is plug the last two draws (listed in red) into the top of each formula (Regular and Irregular on sheet two) and then the "#"Base Sum you wish to use (listed in green), the chart will do the rest.

I've separated the ticket lines by black and blue to distinguish the numbers better on each line.  I'd like to get a "listing" of each "ticket" in a single cell, but I'm not sure how to reference three cells into one.  If anyone knows feel free to post it here and I'll try it, but for now, if you'd like a copy of this just message me with an email addy and I'll send it out post haste. I've labeled it UJBSCaTG (meaning Union Jack Base Sum and Ticket Calculator)

C.K.

Saint Louis, Missouri
                            United States
                            Member #17000
                            June 9, 2005
                            46 Posts
                            Posted: June 30, 2005, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Ok for anyone who's interested, I've uploaded this Excel sheet to my website, you can download it at your leisure (I'll leave it up for two weeks).

http://home.swbell.net/ca-kid/ujbscatg.xls

Should be given the option to open save or cancel when you click the link.

Enjoy!

C.K.

ps. Thanks to WSLS, Todd, and Atomic Dog...appreciated all the input and help!

Joliesj's avatar - green fey.png
                              Houston
                              United States
                              Member #16932
                              June 7, 2005
                              49 Posts
                              Posted: June 30, 2005, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

I thought we only plug in up to the last 5 draws? I'm confused. Is each base stand for a different progression?