Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Union Jack Pick 3 Method

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 11 years ago by UNITEDWESTAND.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
Alaska
United States
Member #16217
May 27, 2005
287 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2005, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Not a problem, I hope this helps someone out. -Bonnie

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
    Member #1987
    August 5, 2003
    8968 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2005, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

WOW, is all that I can say. It is totally amazing John how you came up with this system. And another thing that is totally amazing is the way in which everyone came together on this project & put their best foot forward. What an accomplishment!!!!! I could not bring any of the excel examples up because of the lapse of time, but if at all possible I would still like a copy. Thanks. 

Pinback's avatar - driver
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #5810
      July 22, 2004
      120 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2005, 12:09 pm - IP Logged
      Question for Atomic Dog (I also sent this to him in a private email... I just wanted everyone else to see the question also... and I'll post the answer here as well):

I'm writing a program to run your method against the entire history of the Ohio Pick 3, but I need some clarification about the progression.

What I do is get the first set of 10 numbers to play using "5 regular", then scan one week at a time until I get a winner.  I then consider that the start of the progression.

I then generate the next set of 10 numbers to play using "3 regular", and start scanning the next week for that.

The question is... if I *don't* get a winner the next week using "3 regular", do I:

1) Just keep the same set of 10 numbers and keep playing them week after week until I *do* hit a winner, at which point I would move to "2 regular" and continue?

2) Only play the 10 numbers from "3 regular" for one week, then give up on that and move to "2 regular"?

3) Recalculate the 10 numbers using "3 regular" and try again... recalculating and using "3 regular" over and over each week until it hits... only then moving on to "2 regular"?

Thanks...

Ohio
        United States
        Member #5810
        July 22, 2004
        120 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2005, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Another question for Atomic Dog:

For the "2 Irregular" progression, what number is used for the initial "across" (to get the middle number of the 1st pick)?  The base number, or one of the previous number drawings?

Thanks...

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
          Member #1987
          August 5, 2003
          8968 Posts
          Posted: July 25, 2005, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Hey there Pinback, I see no responses to your questions as of yet. However, try sending a private message to the Lottery Post members in this thread who already have this set up. That might be quicker.

I know it can be frustrating when you are diligently trying to move ahead. I haven't gone through all of the steps.

But I am finding that by doing this system long hand without excel that there is more to this system. Some people should try it that way, even though you can just plop in the data, and the calculations are done.

ATOMIC DOG'S system seems to unlock many doors as far as Pick 3 lottery solutions are concerned. 

Ohio
            United States
            Member #5810
            July 22, 2004
            120 Posts
            Posted: July 25, 2005, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

* INITIAL RESULTS *

Using the information I have, here are the initial results of my "Union Jack" testing.

I am making three very important assumptions here:

1) The progression starts by finding the first week that gives a "boxed" hit.  Is that the correct way to decide where to start the progression?  I have no idea.

2) The method is changed every week, whether there was a hit using the previous method or not.  For example, even if "3 Regular" doesn't hit during its week, we move on to "2 Regular" the following week anyway.

3) When switching to the "across/down" method for the "Irregular" entries, I always did my first "across" with the "Base" number.

If any of those assumptions are wrong then the results are wrong, so if they are please correct me so I can fix it and run again.

Using this method for the Ohio Pick 3 (evening), I got the following results:

Total weeks won: 123

Total weeks lost: 308

For Ohio Midday Pick 3, I got the following results:

Total weeks won: 69

Total weeks lost: 231

(The evening Pick 3 started on 1/28/1997, and the midday drawing on 8/16/1999)

Since this method is about boxed wins and box wins pay so little ($83 6-way or $167 3-way), obviously I'm not going to be making any money using this method!

If anyone would like to verify my work, I'm happy to run it for the Pick 3 game of your choice and email the full results to you.  Just send me a private message with your real email address (I don't think I can send attachments through private messages here, and the results are too huge to just paste and send as text), the state and Pick 3 game (if there is more than one) that you would like the data for.  Then, if you are so inclined, you can verify that I did the math correctly for all six methods.

Here is a sample of the actual results given by the program:

06/27/2005 2 8 4

06/28/2005 7 1 7

06/29/2005 2 2 0

06/30/2005 9 6 1

07/01/2005 5 2 9

07/02/2005 1 8 7

2 Irregular

Base number = 716

4 4 9

2 3 1

2 6 2

4 3 9

1 6 7

6 5 2

1 3 2

3 4 8

8 2 7

4 9 2

LOSER

07/04/2005 7 1 4

07/05/2005 2 9 6

07/06/2005 3 5 6

07/07/2005 5 0 9

07/08/2005 2 8 4

07/09/2005 7 0 8

2 Regular

Base number = 992

3 7 4

0 4 0

9 0 6

7 5 3

7 9 3

8 9 7

0 3 3

2 6 9

2 8 0

1 0 6

** WINNER **

Ohio
              United States
              Member #5810
              July 22, 2004
              120 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2005, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, need to clarify one thing:

"1) The progression starts by finding the first week that gives a "boxed" hit.  Is that the correct way to decide where to start the progression?  I have no idea."

I use the "5 Regular" method OVER AND OVER each week until I find the first week that gives a "boxed" hit.  The progression doesn't start until I get a boxed hit using "5 Regular" first.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: July 25, 2005, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

is this method doing pretty well for everyone?

thought about trying it out....

Manitoba
                  Canada
                  Member #5566
                  July 11, 2004
                  133 Posts
                  Posted: July 25, 2005, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Pinback I understood that you use 5 regular over & over until you get a STRAIGHT hit, then the progression starts.

Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #5810
                    July 22, 2004
                    120 Posts
                    Posted: July 25, 2005, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Pinback I understood that you use 5 regular over & over until you get a STRAIGHT hit, then the progression starts.

The original post with the instructions for this method doesn't specify how to start the progression at all (I'm still hoping to hear from Atomic Dog on that).  There was some confusion in a discussion on the 2nd page of this thread about looking for a STRAIGHT or BOXED to start the progression, but since the original instructions don't specify I have to assume people were just guessing or giving their personal opinion.

I'm going to have to wait until I hear from the guy who created this method to know for certain what it is supposed to be.

Thanks...

Chicago
                      United States
                      Member #17364
                      June 17, 2005
                      24 Posts
                      Posted: July 26, 2005, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

From what I've seen the progression may not be the same for different states daily games.

I haven't seen anything close to Atomic's progression here in IL. I'm still trying to figure out what the progression is here. Loocking at the history I've seen hits on multiple methods for several weeks.

Seek first to understand

Atomic Dog's avatar - sniffer
                        Minnesota
                        United States
                        Member #13028
                        March 28, 2005
                        870 Posts
                        Posted: July 26, 2005, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

sorry  ... in the middle of a huge project here at work .... for weeks.  replies may be slow.

reread the initial instructions.

yes, find an initial week using one system and see if you get a hit.  if no hit, go to the next system.

it's not too difficult ......... but it does take time.

BOW WOW WOW ......

...... YIPPY YOH YIPPY YAY!!!

empassioned1's avatar - abns7
                          Saint Louis, Missouri
                          United States
                          Member #17000
                          June 9, 2005
                          46 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2005, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

As far as winning goes, I've not put any money down until I have finished my research.  Using past draws I have a years worth of numbers and I'm examining the system three dimensionally

Rather than using last 5 draws down to last 2 draws to achieve a base sum (refer to first message for calculating base sums), I use the last 7 days down to the last 2 days.

I am also looking at different hits and consistency using different start of the week days. ie: rather than calculate a Saturday to following Friday, I'm looking at starting with different days of the week.  Amazingly sometimes this produces HITS all over the list of calculated numbers. 

I write out my charts in such as fashion as 7RG, 6RG, 5RG, 4RG, 3RG, 2RG  (then under them the Irregular calculations) and list the tickets produced under them, (this is in an excel spreadsheet format), when a hit pops up I change the winning ticket to red front so that the winners stand out against the field of black font tickets.  Unfortunately, I have gotten busy with my computer tune-up business here and haven't been able to continue or update my charts thus far which are a Mon-Sun and a Sat-Fri for Missouri's Pick 3.  The Mon-Sun however does seem to me to have more hits.  When I get time, and can post more I'll try to keep this updated.

C.K.

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, let me see you without the shades drawn

What's a Hades Bunny?  Well let's just say you don't wanna be jumpin' over MY back fence.  But hey, you ain't afraid a lil white rabbit now are ya?

Manitoba
                            Canada
                            Member #5566
                            July 11, 2004
                            133 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2005, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I agree nanook, it's not working for me either; unfortunately.

saginaw
                              United States
                              Member #16012
                              May 24, 2005
                              121 Posts
                              Posted: July 30, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

this system has worked for me and a lot in the past week I had 3hits and there were 5 numbers that hit out of the numbers given for pogression 2 regular . I play the michigan lottery.

thatgirl65

GOOD LUCK!!!! and GOOD DAY!!!!