Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning a Jackpot, Luck or Fate/Destiny?

Topic closed. 84 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Do you believe winning a Lottery Jackpot is Luck or Fate/Destiny?

Luck [ 20 ]  [48.78%]
Fate/Destiny [ 21 ]  [51.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 41 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
light on my feet
United States
Member #356
May 20, 2002
2744 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2005, 3:18 am - IP Logged

i got to thinking that the only reason this "denegrates" into anything,  is because you guys don't like what others have to say about how they believe God relates to thier lottery play,  and then you start to whine about it.   get over it.  so it's not "your" belief?  it is for some, a VALID belief system that applies to why/how they play the lottery.

go look back at the flow of the thread.  it was going along fine (like it always does), until you guys start your whining.  which i (and others) in turn have to switch gears and defend our right to express our collective views.  until you guys interjected your "waaaaah",  people were posting things that they thought or believed and never referenced God.  did "we" interrupt that flow?  no. you guys did.  several people posted what they did and everything was fine. the may have read it (and even disagreed with it),  but exercised self control and posted what they thought.

if you guys would like me to, i can chase you around in the various forums on things that i don't agree with and denegrate the various threads that you are in.

but as long as "we" play fair (which we do) ...then God stays.

you guys need to respect the fact that others have different beliefs than yours.  because if you don't and you keep playing these rediculous games,  i will go to whatever lengths i need to within the rules of this forum to make sure that mine and other like voices ...are heard.

your turn gentlemen. 

................................................................................. 

(pick4 master) ...i will answer your post about "hard work" tomorrow.  you and i are on the same page (basically) on that one.  i didn't expound on what i meant by "hard work".

.................................................................................

VD

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8364 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2005, 3:48 am - IP Logged

Dude no no no this thread didn't get off the first page when danisiri injected it with his belief and you followed inplying that fate and destiny was/is the will of god. don't you dare go and say we impart diferent views about god you have no clue as to what faith other people beleive in or the right to judge anyone. And i definitly dont need you to allow me to feel any diferenty than i have in the past or will in the future. You push religion and your belief. I still dont think it's good etiquette to do that. You wouldn't want me to come to church supper and talk about killing chickens and cutting bellies out of hogs. Or start preaching satanic rituals. And by the same regard some don't like religion brought up in every conversation.
    also you said you have many threads that don't contain any references to god the holy ghost. In over two years i can't recall a post where you did't use a reference to god in nearly every paragraph.

light on my feet
      United States
      Member #356
      May 20, 2002
      2744 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2005, 3:50 am - IP Logged

OK now the fire is lit how do you come of saying what one person beliefs are or arent. just because somone dosn't commune with your thought processes you think they don't have god in their heart.

i went to a few christian websites lookin for answers to

does god want us to play the lottery

god and the lottery

the lottery and god

Not in one instance did i find any information that said it was ok to play the lottery. Moreover i was instructed to read some verses pertaining to gods will and the one verse i read rang a bell the same bell i'v been ringing. Here it is

Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
      You want to play the lottery it's your conscience you deal with it however i think like politics, religion don't belong in these threads I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just like you guys who profess gods word. over and over and over and over and over and over snap broken record.

even if/when i do say it (which i didn't in this thread),  you've lost your sensibilities if you think that it is more than just an opinion.

so what if my views are narrow and exacting.  it is what i believe  how God is ,  and i respect the fact that you don't.  do you see me whinning that you don't?  others believe it as well.  you know my views on the lottery being totally random. they are just as "narrow".  where are you on that one?  if you are consistent and fair, you should be taking me to task about sharing my narrow beliefs about that is well.  both are lottery related.

your contention is without foundation.  your angle of debate is without true merit.  and the reason that it is four4me is that it is an opinion.  no matter what i say,  it is still only an opinion and if you don't share it, then you are wasting your time in trying to defeat it.

maybe you really have more trouble with the message,  rather than the messenger.

i have watched you in action in here for a long time and i think that you hold many bizarre views/opinions.  do you see me disrespecting your right to express what you believe?  now if you would like,  i can follow you around and mess with you on your "opinions".

i live by that very verse you quoted.  it determines EVERY decision i make and is exactly the reason that i am at LP.  because i am "meant to".  i am not here trying to fill a need.  i am here because out of a personal realtionship with God, i know that i will eventually.  me playing only a $1 quick pick should have been your clue.  maybe you don't understand this,  but i am here because i am "supposed to".

if "Gods word" (no matter who gives it or their "version" of it) supposedly bothers you, then do something about it.  figure out why it does.  if it is nothing more than an opinion held by some, it shouldn't bother you at all.

20/20

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8364 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2005, 4:07 am - IP Logged

dude you don't know anything about me.  whatever i may have posted in the past or in the future will and always will be what is on my mind straight from the hip. Personally i don't care for pushers of any kind. As for my relationship with god he and i are on the same page. It's geting late and i must retire to ponder how the day might go without the just one more over and over and over again.. i get the same rederic from my wife you both sound exactly alike and both sing the same tune.

light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2005, 4:10 am - IP Logged

Dude no no no this thread didn't get off the first page when danisiri injected it with his belief and you followed inplying that fate and destiny was/is the will of god. don't you dare go and say we impart diferent views about god you have no clue as to what faith other people beleive in or the right to judge anyone. And i definitly dont need you to allow me to feel any diferenty than i have in the past or will in the future. You push religion and your belief. I still dont think it's good etiquette to do that. You wouldn't want me to come to church supper and talk about killing chickens and cutting bellies out of hogs. Or start preaching satanic rituals. And by the same regard some don't like religion brought up in every conversation.
          also you said you have many threads that don't contain any references to god the holy ghost. In over two years i can't recall a post where you did't use a reference to god in nearly every paragraph.

so danisiri mentioned that God was part of his belief system.  that is his opinion.

so i mentioned that i think that fate/destiny are something thats interconnected with God.  that was my opinion.

my beliefs are strong, on that we agree.  but you are in another land if you think that i think that others have to believe what i believe.  if i was like that,  i would chase people down with my insecurities about making people believe what i do.

i share my beliefs strongly.  but i have never insisted that anyone  share my beliefs.

obviously you must be insecure in what you believe about your opinion,  and others peoples opinions in order to take it to this level.

it's just an opinion.  if you don't share it, why are you so shaken?

look up my user name and archive my posts.  you have selective memory. you will find there are hundreds of my posts that make no reference of God.  maybe there is a reason why you have been "involved" in many of the ones that are?

VISION

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2005, 4:29 am - IP Logged

dude you don't know anything about me.  whatever i may have posted in the past or in the future will and always will be what is on my mind straight from the hip. Personally i don't care for pushers of any kind. As for my relationship with god he and i are on the same page. It's geting late and i must retire to ponder how the day might go without the just one more over and over and over again.. i get the same rederic from my wife you both sound exactly alike and both sing the same tune.

i am glad that you shoot straight.  thats the way it should be.  but i do know a bit about you based on what you have said about yourself at LP as far as some of the things you believe/pursue.  that is what i commented on ......correctly.

pushers?  who pushed whom?  i gave an opinion.  now if you happen to catch me strapping a bomb around my waist and hopping on a bus, THEN you would have a valid arguement.  until then,  you are somewhere somehow going to realize that i am going to share my narrow opinion when i think it is right.  you guys are the one that "pushed" for this wrestling match,  not me.

if you are "right with God", good.  the good news for you/me  is that i never said that you weren't.  your insecurity about that must have taken you over in order for you to get this mad.  in 3 years that i have been at LP,  i have never stated once that someday you will stand before me.  so what you believe (and all the opinions you hold) are of no consequence to me.  why is that mine and others are to you?

i know the thing about your wife,  you told me before.  which is why i understand whats really going on peripherally.

heres a tip.  take it or leave it but it will serve you well in life.  if you have insecurities,  work hard to shore them up.  start by asking why you do.  if you don't have insecurities,  take rest in the fact that you don't,  by ALWAYS taking a stand for what makes you ......."SECURE".

20 vision 20

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8364 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2005, 4:30 am - IP Logged

Like i said i'm gonna turn in but i will add on more thing. It's my personal belief that you couldn't hold a 15 minute conversion with anyone without making a reference to religion. her's what i mean when i say this. I don't know you and you don't know me. Somehow we happen to be in a coffee house or some type of eatery. Sitting aside one another we start a conversation. Before 15 minutes are up you will want to know how passionate i feel about god and will impart some kind of sentence to get that started.

Now in all of this thread i agreed to everything you said and even invoked my passionate belief in god we wouldn't have had all this. But the very point of all this is your way the only way no body comes between vision and his vision no matter what. So because i don't share your vision i must be a non believer.

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2005, 4:43 am - IP Logged

I doubt very seriously Rip Snorters "wisdom" is demonicly influenced and it really makes me laugh when "Chrisitanites" always have too bring this up if your beliefs or thoughts are not "Christian" like then they must be of the Devil that is the most ignorant comment I ever heard.

United States
                  Member #1759
                  June 29, 2003
                  1156 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2005, 4:46 am - IP Logged

VisionDude just likes too stir things up so he can call us "non-believers" I doubt very seriously that GOD appointed him as Saviour of our Souls here in the Lottery Post,our souls are with the MAN upstairs so theres no need for them too be saved.

light on my feet
                    United States
                    Member #356
                    May 20, 2002
                    2744 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2005, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Like i said i'm gonna turn in but i will add on more thing. It's my personal belief that you couldn't hold a 15 minute conversion with anyone without making a reference to religion. her's what i mean when i say this. I don't know you and you don't know me. Somehow we happen to be in a coffee house or some type of eatery. Sitting aside one another we start a conversation. Before 15 minutes are up you will want to know how passionate i feel about god and will impart some kind of sentence to get that started.

Now in all of this thread i agreed to everything you said and even invoked my passionate belief in god we wouldn't have had all this. But the very point of all this is your way the only way no body comes between vision and his vision no matter what. So because i don't share your vision i must be a non believer.

not hardly.  i act the same in here, as i do in my personal life away from LP.  i don't kick down any doors, but i do walk thru an open door.  interestingly enough,  there aren't nearly as many "open doors" in others areas of my life as there is in here.  and if you stick around long enough, you will get to witness why that is.

i don't talk about God or ask people for "sport".    "they" have to bring it up first.  and as you can see,  that is how i operate at LP.  i don't start my own threads.  i respond when opportunities are there.  nothing more.

i don't follow the cult of "Amway Christianity".  i am not concerned with numbers.  so who is or who isn't ....isn't my gig.  my gig is to share how God works thru my life so that others may be able to find him (if they choose).  my life is also about affirming others peoples "faith".

you are right about no one coming between me and my vision.  i have something to do here at LP and until i am done,  i will make sure that no one will succeed at silencing both me and others who share that belief.  if you don't like it, you can skip over it and not read it.  but if you fight to silence me,  then it is on.

i have grown tired of you guys whinning and doing whatever you can to try and silence what is a belief shared by some.  from now on,  no more mr. nice visiondude.  i will do whatever i have to insure that our  opinions are heard.

capice?

"v"

New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #12305
                      March 10, 2005
                      2984 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2005, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

OK now the fire is lit how do you come of saying what one person beliefs are or arent. just because somone dosn't commune with your thought processes you think they don't have god in their heart.

i went to a few christian websites lookin for answers to

does god want us to play the lottery

god and the lottery

the lottery and god

Not in one instance did i find any information that said it was ok to play the lottery. Moreover i was instructed to read some verses pertaining to gods will and the one verse i read rang a bell the same bell i'v been ringing. Here it is

Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
                      You want to play the lottery it's your conscience you deal with it however i think like politics, religion don't belong in these threads I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just like you guys who profess gods word. over and over and over and over and over and over snap broken record.

Four4me:

I hope you'll leave me out of this discussion.  I posted here, said my piece, and I'm out of it.  I appreciate you.  What's been said has been said.  I'm not here for flame wars, not here to care whether anyone shares my particular religious faith.  Not here to care what theirs is.

I think what's been said here does all the talking on behalf of the people who have already said it. 

Thanks for the reply.

Jack

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8364 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2005, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Rip i haven't put your name in any of this discussion don't worry i have been through this with Visiondude before and it went nowhere then and will go no where now but to the achieves with the other treads of this nature.

Dude i can guarantee you this if i took every one of your comments in the thread and substituted all the reference words to god with satin serpent de monistic, well you know all the other words i would be tossed out on my ears Todds PM box would be full of PM's from people to ousts me for doing that.

I belong to lots of other user groups and what has transpired here would have caused both of us to be suspended from many of those groups. Why you might ask is because this is not just a USA user group it is an Internet site that for all intensive purposes reaches every part of the globe and with so many people being of different faith's would could cause rifts among the many listers. Our personal beliefs in the almighty needn't be discussed on these forums. Regardless of how you feel about it and because it isn't in the rules makes it ok for you and any other poster to do what he/she pleases in that manner.

The fact that if this were any other user group dedicated to a particular topic many of which have strict rules about content. Reference to the almighty one's personal beliefs and the lottery is like throwing a bunch of drunks together and handing them 357 magnums sooner or later there going to be a shouting match then a shooting match. Now i know no mater what i say your not going to see my point or acknowledge that fact. For me when people perceive there religious stature on an open forum like this one is taking whatever rules that are in place and using them for their own personal satisfaction without regard for someone else's beliefs. Which may or not be the same as yours. Just because it's not in the rules that religion and politics not be brought into the forums doesn't make it proper to do so. I try extremely hard not to use references to the almighty in any of my posts not because i don't feel passionate about it. But because i know it's not proper to do so.  

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                          Member #14
                          November 9, 2001
                          31362 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2005, 12:22 am - IP Logged

total ignorance and intolerance. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: July 14, 2005, 1:11 am - IP Logged

no you wouldn't.  people in the mystical forum (though veiled and packaged differently),  make references to such things.  nobody raised an eyebrow about that.  and i don't chase them around when they do.  although i could if i wanted to.

i am not breaking the rules because God (and the discussion of God as he relates to those that play the lottery while consulting him) is a belief system shared by many in here.  a discussion that is equal to any discussion involving the lottery whether that be "systems",  mathematics,  cash option or lump sum.

you guys just squirm/cry because that belief irritates you. not my problem amigo. 

i don't look to offend anyone because my beliefs are mine,  and although i am passionate and will defend them when they are being attacked, i still respect the fact that people don't believe what i/others believe.  you keep thinking that i am shoving them down your throat even though i hadn't even mentioned your name.  that is until you came after me.  then of course i will defend my right to be in here.

but while i don't look to offend someone,  i don't lose sleep at night if that happens.  otherwise i would let people like you strip me of my passion in one fell swoop.  while you may let people steer you to and fro,  that ain't gonna happen with me.

you should try it sometime.  it's liberating.  to be fully persuaded in your mind enough to carry a balance between standing up for whats right when people call you out,  and making the necessary allowances of respecting others peoples opinions.

you know one thing that i cannot stand about whats happening to this country, is that politically correct garbage like you are attempting.  everyone is so afraid of hurting peoples feelings, that it is stripping us of what makes a human being tick.  good old fashion passion coupled with knowledgeable beliefs and the willingness to stand up to those beliefs no matter what hurricane attempts to erode your beach.

if you at the end of your life, if you have based your beliefs around what others might think, man that will be tragic for you.  that ain't me partner.  if thousands of people are reading this ...good.   if 999 out of every thousand are bothered by what i say, then i can guarantee you that i won't lose a minute of sleep.  i don't base, nor will i adjust what i stand for just because i "might" be in the minority.  i would swim with a great white shark anyday (metaphorically speaking),  then a tankful of kissing fish.  at least i will be able to tell that i am alive.

you want to talk about  a tool of the devil (tongue in cheek).  it's  that politically correct/ touchy feely garbage.  it's eroding this nations foundation and passion,  and turning it into a puddle of goo.  ripe for the pickings.

you target me because i am not afraid to be specific.  but if you are going to be fair in your arguement to get God "tossed" out of LP on his ear (which is your agenda),  then you have your work cut out for you.  you need to target everyone  who has ever mentioned God in their posts (and there are hundreds of people that have).  where were you when the lady in the pick3 forums mother had passed away just recently,  and just about everyone referenced God?

your little problem isn't so much with me.  you will have to take it up with the "message".

maybe your afraid (and thats your right).  but i am not. (and i never will be)

and as far as God goes at the lottery post ......HE STAYS (and so do i until he is finished with me)

PEOPLEWITHVISIONARENEVERPOLITICALLYCORRECT

light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: July 14, 2005, 1:17 am - IP Logged

total ignorance and intolerance. 

good emily.  it's about time you came to my defense.

according to what you said a long time ago,  you and me were supposed to be playing for the same "team".  but you wavered in that committment,  opting instead for the politically correct side.

nice to have you back on this side of the fence...

VISION