Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning a Jackpot, Luck or Fate/Destiny?

Topic closed. 84 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Do you believe winning a Lottery Jackpot is Luck or Fate/Destiny?

Luck [ 20 ]  [48.78%]
Fate/Destiny [ 21 ]  [51.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 41 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8363 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2005, 1:19 am - IP Logged

dude are you an ordained minister.

United States
    Member #1759
    June 29, 2003
    1156 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2005, 1:34 am - IP Logged

No he isn't he's an ordained Bible fanatic

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31361 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2005, 1:51 am - IP Logged

total ignorance and intolerance. 

good emily.  it's about time you came to my defense.

according to what you said a long time ago,  you and me were supposed to be playing for the same "team".  but you wavered in that committment,  opting instead for the politically correct side.

nice to have you back on this side of the fence...

VISION

you misread my message.  you don't know which side i'm on.  that's personal - and a lottery forum is not the place for airing.

making a comment about god upon the death of someones mother - is most appropriate.  linking god to the lottery is questionable.

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
        Member #1759
        June 29, 2003
        1156 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2005, 1:58 am - IP Logged

I have too agree with you there emily!!! ( I didn't know GOD played the Lottery )

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
          light on my feet
          United States
          Member #356
          May 20, 2002
          2744 Posts
          Posted: July 14, 2005, 1:59 am - IP Logged

dude are you an ordained minister.

that would be a no.

i have no opposition to that, unless someone does it for ego sake.

just hasn't been what God has called me to do.  all of things that  have come my way, are more in the informal.  but i will adjust if i need to.

we will see where this "jack" thing takes me.

there could be ALOT ahead of me than i have ever encountered before.

i am more than up for the challenge though.  i am prepared.

why do you ask?

VISION

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2005, 2:08 am - IP Logged

No he isn't he's an ordained Bible fanatic

pretty funny.  at least your weren't afraid to let your agenda be known on aother post in this thread .....that you specifically play with christians for sport.  i don't have a problem with that and i am prepared should we "wrestle".

now fanatic as is in i hang every decision of my life on that word,  then you would be correct.

i don't have a problem with you attaching "fanatism" to my name when it comes to my passion.  we are all "fanatical" about something.  if you are not, you are barely breathing then.

but taking any belief system to the grave will require a stance of some sort.  mine just happens to be inked  ........in blood.

VISION

light on my feet
              United States
              Member #356
              May 20, 2002
              2744 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2005, 2:25 am - IP Logged

total ignorance and intolerance. 

good emily.  it's about time you came to my defense.

according to what you said a long time ago,  you and me were supposed to be playing for the same "team".  but you wavered in that committment,  opting instead for the politically correct side.

nice to have you back on this side of the fence...

VISION

you misread my message.  you don't know which side i'm on.  that's personal - and a lottery forum is not the place for airing.

making a comment about god upon the death of someones mother - is most appropriate.  linking god to the lottery is questionable.

no.  unfortunately for you, i knew exactly what you meant.

i just yanked your chain to illustrate my point.

out of all the people that have opposed my presence at LP and as many times as you have tried in vain to keep me quiet about God and the lottery,  i had already decided (before your post to me tonight),  that i would single you out in my victory speech.  seems only appropriate for one who claims to be a christian, but whenever the opportunity comes your way to silence those who speak freely about Christ .....you are there.  you have been the most consistent.  i will make sure that you are rewarded for your faithfulness.

in your hypocrisy, you shall drown.

i know exactly via your words and stance, that you and i don't play for the same team.  you keep proving that over and over.

so now all of a sudden you get to decide whats appropriate about when to mention God and not?  i will defend your right to say that.  what i won't defend is your lame reasoning based around something that irritates you.  tell all the others exactly what you are telling me ....that God doesn't belong in here.

emily,  think just a little while longer before you speak.  maybe then you will have a better arguement.

i will see you at the finish line EM.  you have duly earned your place  in my victory speech.  you should feel honored (though that won't be the emotion that you will be experiencing when that time comes)

VISION tothefinishline DUDE

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8363 Posts
                Posted: July 14, 2005, 2:27 am - IP Logged

Dude i take you for being very intelligent. i know you know that religion has caused more disruption in this country and many others in fact several nations are at war over it. Our country goes to war using it as a banner to justify our endeavor. More civilizations were destroyed because of it and in the end our world will be destroyed as a direct result of the final battle. So in parting however this country is acting by shielding it's views among communities. Doesn't hold salt with me. Even the pope acknowledged that religions of all kinds were good as long as they were derived of the creator of the universe. While it is his job and his followers to convert all Protestants to Catholicism he forbade in favor of riotousness to the almighty. I guess he saw the multitudes of faiths as one with god and as long as the direction was to please him then that satisfied him. In his passing he said that suffering brings one closer to god. NO DUH i guess so because billions of people are suffering in this world and praying helps relieve that suffering. religion can be a crutch a form of control. Used in many nations to control the masses. This is one of the few countries that allows anyone to worship whichever god they chose too. As i reached a certain awareness about all this i woke up one day and cried after reviewing the history of our country and all the Indians that were killed so we might have this great nation. 

Then i hit the history books and saw that this happened throughout history. A world at war over the divine creator. How sad. That we as people have to look at death as an escape from persecution. A release if you will to sit on a cloud with other believers. The only outcome of this life is the hereafter. still i am sad that now that war has entered our country and the fulfillment of the bible approaches our children and theirs. Couldn't their be another way shouldn't their be another way no why because people will make it come true. And our country will most likely be the final battle no escape for mankind unless the ship people off to a distant planet. Which by the way will be another discussion.

light on my feet
                  United States
                  Member #356
                  May 20, 2002
                  2744 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2005, 2:39 am - IP Logged

i am completely spent right now,  but i will get back to you tomorrow.

i need to get my rest as i cheat death for a living (i teach teenagers how to drive).  one needs to be right with God before taking a job like that.  one sneeze by little betty,  and i will find out whether i am on the money on this God thing.  so i have to be on my game.

hope for tomorrow four4me.  despite the somewhat bleak possibilities,  there is hope.  there is always hope.

v

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8363 Posts
                    Posted: July 14, 2005, 2:44 am - IP Logged

later dude seeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                      Member #1759
                      June 29, 2003
                      1156 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2005, 3:29 am - IP Logged

Emily is a Christian just not one of your kind that's all and I believe she does play for the same team "she believes and loves GOD" that's all that matters.And as for my agenda I don't have one I just like debating with "Christians" like you for the fun of it it amazes me how your types seem too know more than the rest.I'm not fanatical about anything but I enjoy,love and live my life too the fullest which engulfs me with a breath of fresh air.As for us wrestling we have already done that in private remember? our little conversation we had through our private inbox? anyway I finally figured you out after our exchange so I just enjoy seeing you in action it amuses me.

United States
                        Member #5453
                        July 5, 2004
                        135 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2005, 9:45 am - IP Logged

it is destiny that make us champions  or  that sweety & beautiful thing Lover CALLED LUCK

Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
                          Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #1039
                          January 15, 2003
                          260 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2005, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Wow, this post really got out of hand.  My apologies to my fellow LP members as my attention was simply to see if you believe winning was pure luck and coincidence, or fate/destiny.  I NEVER intended to spark a religious debate.  Lesson learned.

I will say it is a shame that we as supposed adults can’t agree to disagree.  We are all created equal in God’s eyes and have no right to judge or condemn others.  I am a proud, born again Christian, and while I may and will pray for others to accept Jesus, I have no right to force my beliefs on anyone.  I was raised Baptist and grew up seeing too many Sunday Saints that were Monday through Saturday Sinners.  A true observation mind you, not a judgment.  I learned a long time ago that it is far better to show God in my life rather than preach or speak it.  Sugar attracts flies, not vinegar or salt.  I would rather everyone see my positive and happy nature and wonder what my secret was.  When someone asks, I will gladly tell them. ;-)   But until then, I keep my spiritual fortunes to myself. 

On the same note, no other person has the right to judge me or tell me what I should or should not believe or do.  Others have and others will, and I don’t let that phase me.  For me personally, I am secure in my beliefs and convictions and my relationship with God, that I don’t need to argue or debate about what I believe. 

The latest results of the poll are basically half and half.  45% believe winning a jackpot is luck and 55% believe it is Destiny. 

For those of you that believe in luck, GOOD LUCK, for those of you like myself that believe in Destiny and Fate, may your road of destiny lead to good fortunes.

God Bless All…..

Thanks,

John

Todd, when you get the chance if you think it needs to be done, please lock this thread. Thanks.

light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: July 15, 2005, 12:52 am - IP Logged

four4me,

i will answer your question directed to me ....tomorrow.

right now i don't have the time.

you know how long winded i can be.  what you might not remember is that i am a one finger typist as well.

see you tomorrow...

VISION

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8363 Posts
                              Posted: July 15, 2005, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Actually Dude there was no question in my last comment but i look forward to whatever you might reply to what i wrote.