Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

.......if you won 500 million

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 11 years ago by delS.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

you set a new record winning half a billion what do you do?

retire [ 10 ]  [13.51%]
keep working [ 3 ]  [4.05%]
buy your own island [ 1 ]  [1.35%]
build your dream house [ 8 ]  [10.81%]
start a rare car collection [ 2 ]  [2.70%]
invest your money [ 13 ]  [17.57%]
go on a long vacation [ 2 ]  [2.70%]
donate to charity [ 5 ]  [6.76%]
travel the world [ 11 ]  [14.86%]
other [ 19 ]  [25.68%]
Total Valid Votes [ 74 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  
angelm's avatar - anne
richmond ky.
United States
Member #15877
May 22, 2005
8472 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2005, 6:22 am - IP Logged

I would retire ---make sure my children were taken care of --- then I would definetly travel and have a load of fun spending!!!!!!!!!

Portland
    United States
    Member #7262
    September 27, 2004
    111 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2005, 11:56 am - IP Logged

If $500,000,000 happens to me ...I will keep it secret in three days ...blanketing and crying alone during the  nights!!!Sad

after that ...I start to think about how much for my intimate people and relatives as well!Yes Nod

....Shopping .....and start to give to the charity in the US and the countries around the world...

By evil side is : agree to appear to the newspaper so that people who had treated me too bad  and especially "my ex-boyfriend and his pregnant wife" can know the BAD news !!!...ehehehe!!!!!LOL

MichiganHopeful's avatar - WINGS

United States
      Member #547
      August 8, 2002
      134 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2005, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Why would anyone want to work running franchises? I don't mean it as a critizm, to each is own. 500million dollars you could do alot with that. Help your family, donate to worthy causes. Travel live in belise among the natives, ride your bike across country.. Visit the pyrimids. find out if "there really out there Scully" put a toilet in your front yard and wave at your niehbors every  morning as they drive to work as you read the news paper. Go to puru and acutually see the land marking from an air plane.. and wonder who really put them there. and why is the guy holding the helmet waving? Drive your children to school in a horse and buggy, and when people ask you can say the hay is cheaper than gas. and just learn about people.  

I would not just sit on the money. Sure, you could do all those things that you mentioned...but why do those things? Investing in and running my own business, whether it be a franchise or any other business, would make me happy. I would invest in the community in that way. Also, the service that I get at some of these fast food franchises is horrible. I would make it my personal mission to provide great service at the businesses that I would run. People have forgotten how to be nice to others these days. Hey...to each his own!Green laugh

newparis
        United States
        Member #19633
        August 3, 2005
        18 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2005, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

I hope some day you win alot of money, I also hope when you have employees you can change their attitudes about customer service. But that will be hard.

Karaline,

Whitwell, TN
          United States
          Member #5461
          July 5, 2004
          56 Posts
          Posted: August 30, 2005, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

If I won 500 million.....Hippy I guess I could afford to buy myself that Doosenburg.  Set up my parents (they deserve it). help out the family that has supported me and that I know deserve it.  (Hey steve don't knok on my door!!!).  Go back to my home town and give an interview and say na na na na (you know who you are remember making fun of me in high school). Charity is a big one for me I have to give to St. Jude, American Diabetes Association, and Brookfield zoo(my fav zoo). Oh yea I forgot MOVE AWAY, CHANGE MY NUMBER, get some finacial advice and a couple of lawyers.Sun Smiley  Wow it is nice to dream

newparis
            United States
            Member #19633
            August 3, 2005
            18 Posts
            Posted: August 30, 2005, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Riley hospital would be my charity, and the Ronald Mc. Donald House. They helped Mark and I out alot over a three four week span of time last year when our daughter was born. Diabetes Association is a really good cause 3 of My grand parents have it.. and will die from  diabetes realated causes.

Karaline,

mt7895's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg

United States
              Member #4397
              April 21, 2004
              21 Posts
              Posted: August 30, 2005, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

what would you do if you won a record half a billion dollar jackpot?

1. Pay off all our debts (mortgage, car loan, school loan.

2. 10% to Charity (church, charitable organizations, etc).

3. Set up a trust for my daughter(s).

4. Pay off to the various agencies (we are going through an international adoption .. so far we have spent $13000. In the end, we're figuring to spend just over $28000 ... What? and we don't how we're going to get the rest of the money. P.S. we're thinking our adoption will be okayed next spring ... then off to China for the baby.)

5. Renew our marriage vows then off to a well needed second honeymoon.

6. New House

7. New car (nothing fancy, maybe a Subaru Trebuca or Outback)

8. Help out my immediate family out of their debts.

But before anything else ... first thing I'll do ... go down on my knees and give thanks to God.

Aloha, everyone.US Flag

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: September 21, 2005, 7:09 am - IP Logged

i would help the people of new orleans get their city rebuilt.i'd donate like 10 percent of my winnings toward it.....

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: September 21, 2005, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I'd donate 1/10th of what Oprah donates out of her personal account. Not what she donates on behalf of some one else. I have heard she makes more than $500M a years, times several years. Her, and her fellow multi-millionaires (like Tom, Jen, and the rest of her guests) could afford to rebuild most of NO on their own, without the government putting out $300 Billion.

Yeah, 1/10th would be porportional.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                    Magnolia, Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #18795
                    July 20, 2005
                    789 Posts
                    Posted: September 21, 2005, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Chewie, let me ask you something. Why in gods name would they want to do that for? Those people worked for everything they got! Their talent and their agents got them the huge sums of money for their movies and appearances and stuff alike! Who gave you the right to say they should do this or that with their freaking money! My god man, Oprah worked very hard to get where she is and don't think for one minute she doesn't, you try running your own production company like hers! She had some good advisor's when she started out with her new company! And she made it when everything could have gone the other way!

And now let me just make one more thing clear here, that 300 billion that could be put up by the government, IS EVERY MAN, WOMEN AND CHILD'S MONEY BEING PUT UP, IT'S THE PEOPLES MONEY (borrowed money from the world bank).  YOU AND I AND EVERYONE ELSE IS GOING TO BE PAYING FOR THAT AND DON'T FORGET, SO ARE OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN! 

I'm sorry people but I'm so freaking sick of hearing give this, give that, to the people of NO. I'm not insensitive or anything, but eneough is enough already. Why not go after the owners of Wal-Mart, can you believe it they only gave 2 million in cash, when that freaking company is raking in billions every year! So Chewie take your cries for money to the corporations that do business in the United States and tell them to put up 10% of their hard earned earnings and see what they'll tell you to do or where you can go!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                      Riverside, Ca
                      United States
                      Member #21722
                      September 14, 2005
                      173 Posts
                      Posted: September 22, 2005, 2:26 am - IP Logged

first of all the jackpot will never get up top $500 million and if it did that would be just so crazy, but if i won that much money i would do what all the smart jackpot winners do,

1. don't tell anyone and act normal.

2. goto kinkos at like 2am and make like 5 copies

3. claim it, and get my life in order

4. buy a nice house, cars, and mass amouts of coke

5. and have fun Smile

but for real if i won that much money i think i would go crazy...

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: September 22, 2005, 2:33 am - IP Logged

first of all the jackpot will never get up top $500 million and if it did that would be just so crazy, but if i won that much money i would do what all the smart jackpot winners do,

1. don't tell anyone and act normal.

2. goto kinkos at like 2am and make like 5 copies

3. claim it, and get my life in order

4. buy a nice house, cars, and mass amouts of coke

5. and have fun Smile

but for real if i won that much money i think i would go crazy...

You do mean Coca Cola, right?

I chose other, in my vote.

I would build a two story bonfire with the cash.

Then I would apply for a position at Taco Bell.

I had a friend so dumb, he thought Taco Bell was a telephone company.

Riverside, Ca
                          United States
                          Member #21722
                          September 14, 2005
                          173 Posts
                          Posted: September 22, 2005, 2:37 am - IP Logged

sure Coca Cola Wink

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: September 22, 2005, 2:50 am - IP Logged

sure Coca Cola Wink

LOL.......

Riverside..huh?

I used to live in Walnut, right across from West Covina.

I also lived in Redondo Beach.

Miss those " Hair Band " days in Cali.

The late eighties, in the Palos Verdes mountains.

Along PCH, on the way to Malibu.

Will be back to Cali soon.

Did you say Dr. Pepper?Wink

Riverside, Ca
                              United States
                              Member #21722
                              September 14, 2005
                              173 Posts
                              Posted: September 22, 2005, 3:05 am - IP Logged

all i need to do is win the lottery for Saturday if no one wins tonight, then if and when the MM jackpot ever gets up to $500 million i would drop like a grand on it