Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why gamble at Online Lottery Sites?

Topic closed. 74 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Sandy K.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2005, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Did I miss something - in the math? For Euro, the minimum bet is $20.00; five dollars each, with four number minimum. And you don't receive anything in your paws to prove it is yours. An email confirmation doesn't really send a warm and fuzzy across the wide expanse of the universe. Send me $20.00 and I'll send you an email confirming receipt. When you hit the $44M, consider me the new Shadow of the Universe. It would be hard to sue what you can't find. I can, however, find the Governors office in New Jersey with almost no effort.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, Chewie,

But consider the dark satisfaction you'd get by allowing yourself to be voluntarily screwed one more time by Europeans.  $44 million's nothing by comparison. 

They've been a sinkhole for US dollars for a century now.  It's become something of a tradition.  We lottery players would be sort of unpatriotic not to follow the trails made by our fathers and grandfathers.  Even though they aren't precisely in trouble at the moment, they'll be as grateful for our contributions as they've been in the past.

Sooooo.... how's the Governors office in NJ?  Pretty nice place?

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

paurths's avatar - underground
    Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
    Belgium
    Member #19287
    July 29, 2005
    2254 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2005, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

@Jack: you are kidding, are you not?

Ricky:

Which time?

Jack

This part:

"Euromillions needs to be won by Americans in the future.  It's one of the small ways Europeans can help pay back American taxpayers for rebuilding their countries, economies and industries after WWII.  One of the ways they can say, 'Thank you', for arranging things so's they wouldn't all be speaking German twice and Russian once last century."

First that's politics, not exactly something "the man in the street" can do much about. Second, i just thought it was this nutcase with his littly mustache that started that war.
    Anyway, do you feel that Americans should no longer win the USA Megamillions, but instead it must be Japanese people?

That's all politics, Jack, not yours and not my decision...

Above up all that, i  don't see how you winning 35 000 000 euro would be "compensation" to "the American taxpayer". Or would you be donating your winnings to the government, up to the last $?

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2005, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

@Jack: you are kidding, are you not?

Ricky:

Which time?

Jack

This part:

"Euromillions needs to be won by Americans in the future.  It's one of the small ways Europeans can help pay back American taxpayers for rebuilding their countries, economies and industries after WWII.  One of the ways they can say, 'Thank you', for arranging things so's they wouldn't all be speaking German twice and Russian once last century."

First that's politics, not exactly something "the man in the street" can do much about. Second, i just thought it was this nutcase with his littly mustache that started that war.
      Anyway, do you feel that Americans should no longer win the USA Megamillions, but instead it must be Japanese people?

That's all politics, Jack, not yours and not my decision...

Above up all that, i  don't see how you winning 35 000 000 euro would be "compensation" to "the American taxpayer". Or would you be donating your winnings to the government, up to the last $?

Not at all, Ricky.

It's history.  Not politics.

No, the little guy with the mustache didn't start WWII all by himself.  He had a nation behind him, same as the President of the US has the might of a nation behind him today.  But that's neither here, nor there, as you astutely observe.  And it had nothing to do with my point.

The US taxpayer paid to help destroy Europe twice during the past century, then paid to rebuild it, including the bombed out, outmoded industries.  It turned out to be economic insanity and suicide for the US, at the expense of the US taxpayer, because nobody managed to destroy our own outmoded manufacturing infrastructure.  The US taxpayer paid, through the Marshall Plan, to create superior competition for our own products.

Concurrently, the US taxpayer spent about 50 years paying for your defense against the USSR.  The US was never in danger of being physically invaded by Soviet troops.  You were.  So we paid and paid, generally bankrupting ourselves for your productive capabilities and defense.

Economics.  Not politics. 

I'm an American taxpayer, paying taxes all those years.  I'd like to get my money back, the money I paid for your defense and industrial capability.  Not the government.  It never had any money of its own.  It got it all from people such as myself.

I'd like Europeans to pay me back, with interest.  Me personally.  I'd like them to do it by me winning Euro Millions.  Afterward, if your conscience bothers you and you'd like to try to pay back other American taxpayers, it's okay.  Maybe they'll win Euro millions, too.

As for the Japanese.... I don't care whether they win Mega Millions, an invasion by the Red Chinese, or construction contract for our next generation of hydrogen bombs.  It's all the same to me.

Jack

Egos don't count.

paurths's avatar - underground
        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
        Belgium
        Member #19287
        July 29, 2005
        2254 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2005, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Any idea on exactly who made it possible that the NSDAP got in control in Germany mid previous century?
        You just might be very surprised how many "not Europeans" show up...

Anyway,  somehow i get the feeling that this is not exactly a discussion for this sort of forum.

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2005, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

My earlier statement was not about politics or economics. It was about me being selfish; which I tend to do when it come to throwing twenty dollars bills around. I have no problem dropping a couple of bucks on a bet. Twenty dollars places everything in a new spotlight. For example, if I go to my local store and discover I hit for $2.00, or $3.00 or even more, it is very easy to purchase an additional set of tickets and maybe buy a candy bar, ice cream stick, or even put the two dollars in my pockets for another day. This is NOT going to happen with this on-line outfit. They KNOW, that if you win a couple of dollars, you will re-bet it again. The amount is too small to deal with the check, mailing, etc. However, you can't re-bet that two dollars. Thus, you fall into the sucker mode of adding another $18.00 and making an additional play. It's how they are going to make the money. Car dealers and furniture salemen used to call it the bait-and-switch game. Put a new coat of paint, and this is what you get.

The $44M (plus), tax free is a great lure for us lottery players. Heck, we are already suckers for the zillion to one odds. We will even spend tons more when the jackpot increases, even though the odds remain the same. I do it all the time. BUT, when I do, I can limit my spending to a dollar or two, or even five. Not with this outfit. You want a chance. Plop down those twenties fellas. Hell, plop down a couple of twenties. Pretty soon, if no one hits, and you keep playing for the gold ring, week after week, you're out a hundred or more. I think I'll stay with the local people. At least I can see their smiling faces as they take my money.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2005, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Any idea on exactly who made it possible that the NSDAP got in control in Germany mid previous century?

Anyway,  somehow i get the feeling that this is not exactly a discussion for this sort of forum.

Nothing to do with all those smiling Germans you see giving the Seig Heil during his speeches, I 'speck.  Nothing to do with any Germans at all, I'm thinking.  Non Germans and non Europeans brought the guy to power so's they could bankrupt themselves and lose a generation of their young men getting him back out of power.

Amazing, my European friend, how the human mind quails, not just from its own mis-steps, but from the mis-steps of it's parents and grandparents.

You are absolutely correct, amigo.  This ain't the proper forum for such discussions.

I began just sorta making joking rationalizations about why I was justified to win European Millions.  But it's becoming clear there's an underlying, unresolved issue or two that aren't joking matters.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Take your money is right.... The problem is beating the pick-3 at a thousand to one. Forget 23,000,000 to 1.

Chewie....you have a choice.....and that is stick to the best possible odds which is the Pick-3.

Trust me I know everything.....

Once I find the code, there will be forces trying to obtain the secrets. By then it will be nearly impossible for them to intercede.

At that point all knowing-affirmations will protect me from any outer forces. Futility will reign on the part of the betrayer.

By then, the balance will be broken. That's when I know it really doesn't matter, whether the balance has been interrupted.

The locals will take your money while smiling. They have no remorse. They never will...

It's up to the individuals to hold their positions.

Love someone..............Coom by ya ma lord coom by ya.....

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2005, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Good to see you with a Platinum Membership badge, Pacattack.  I hadn't noticed it before.

As for all this:

"Once I find the code, there will be forces trying to obtain the secrets. By then it will be nearly impossible for them to intercede.

At that point all knowing-affirmations will protect me from any outer forces. Futility will reign on the part of the betrayer.

By then, the balance will be broken. That's when I know it really doesn't matter, whether the balance has been interrupted.

The locals will take your money while smiling. They have no remorse. They never will...

Love someone..............Coom by ya ma lord coom by ya....".

Good luck on all that stuff.  I don't pretend to understand it, but good luck anyway.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2005, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Good to see you with a Platinum Membership badge, Pacattack.  I hadn't noticed it before.

As for all this:

"Once I find the code, there will be forces trying to obtain the secrets. By then it will be nearly impossible for them to intercede.

Love someone..............Coom by ya ma lord coom by ya....".

Good luck on all that stuff.  I don't pretend to understand it, but good luck anyway.

Jack

Funny...you find comfort with I ching???? No off the wall theories there right??

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2005, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm afraid I don't read enough of your posts, PAC, to really get a bead on where you're going and coming from.

What's the I Ching to do with your post here?  Off the wall theories, for that matter.

I recognize you fancy yourself something of a humdinger RV man, but what's that got to do with the I Ching, or this thread? 

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: August 16, 2005, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I'm only referring to what you said about "all that stuff" as if it was some unknown realm. I didn't mean to offend you, I just thought that any inclusion of inputs within a forum as far as opinions where acceptable, and would suffice.

I only brought up I ching because I felt that's your thing, and what I said earlier was mine. As far as an RV man...I don't think so....no where close...but thanks anyway. I wish....

"Good to see you with a platinum membership" What conotation does that have?

Peace Brother.......

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31360 Posts
                        Posted: August 16, 2005, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

i'm a survivor of hitler's madness - can tell you who showed up.  you're right - not the right place.

love to nibble those micey feet.

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2005, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I'm only referring to what you said about "all that stuff" as if it was some unknown realm. I didn't mean to offend you, I just thought that any inclusion of inputs within a forum as far as opinions where acceptable, and would suffice.

I only brought up I ching because I felt that's your thing, and what I said earlier was mine. As far as an RV man...I don't think so....no where close...but thanks anyway. I wish....

Peace Brother.......

Don't read too much into my posts, Pac.  I'm harmless.

Carries the insidious connotation that I'm glad to see you've become a Platinum Member.  I'm glad to see anyone become a Platinum Member.  Including you.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2005, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Peace Brother.......

Don't read too much into my posts, Pac.  I'm harmless.

Carries the insidious connotation that I'm glad to see you've become a Platinum Member.  I'm glad to see anyone become a Platinum Member.  Including you.

Jack

I want to apologize for my indecent behaviour. I'll try not to post when I'm drinking heavily. I like your insight and enjoy reading your inputs. I just sometimes get too caught up under sedation.

Have a good one.Smile

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                              Clarkston, Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #76
                              January 6, 2002
                              8528 Posts
                              Posted: August 17, 2005, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

In know W2B, I smile whenever I see the bashing of the online quarter store....I smile all the way to the bank........never had a problem with payment.....and for the past 6 months I have been playing entirely with their money; my original investment went safely into the bank months ago.

Don't get me started on the money for schools........it is some racket!!

Can I have some of your popcorn W2B, while we watch the show? 

Sandy