Welcome Guest
You last visited December 18, 2017, 9:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

steeling tickets after you print them up

Topic closed. 104 replies. Last post 12 years ago by TigerAngel.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

do u go to jail if its like 60 bucksq

do they just warn you and fired you from the pace [ 9 ]  [50.00%]
i had a bad seen happen last week and i need to de [ 9 ]  [50.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 12 ]  
konane's avatar - wallace
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #1265
March 13, 2003
3876 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

i can't put my finger on it but just from looking at the poll part i think someone is pulling a joke.HOWEVER i could be wrong.....Lurking

My gut says the same thing!!  I Agree! 

Would have been much kinder in comments if I thought they were real!!

Good luck to everyone!

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8615 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:18 pm - IP Logged
    pacattack05 wrote: God forbid someone who is allergic to peanut butter, asks the cashier at the bakery if a particular cake has any peanut oil, or related ingredients in it, and the person says no, leaving the customer to end up in a hospital or the morgue.

Had this happen to me I was lucky I made it to the hospital on time? No, I didn't sue just went back there and gave the owner a piece of my mind didn't help though the guy barley understood what I was saying.

on another note it's a known fact that more than 30% of the adult population in the US dosn't have command of the english language cannot .... read or write it.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31615 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:20 pm - IP Logged
      pacattack05 wrote: God forbid someone who is allergic to peanut butter, asks the cashier at the bakery if a particular cake has any peanut oil, or related ingredients in it, and the person says no, leaving the customer to end up in a hospital or the morgue.

Had this happen to me I was lucky I made it to the hospital on time? No, I didn't sue just went back there and gave the owner a piece of my mind didn't help though the guy barley understood what I was saying.

on another note it's a known fact that more than 30% of the adult population in the US dosn't have command of the english language cannot .... read or write it.

yes - and they're not immigrants.  sad.

love to nibble those micey feet.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

I agree.

And I'd be awfully surprised if the person who made the post is an immigrant.  That language was learned talking to other young Americans who understand the language and speak it back.  That demonstrated ability to express thoughts in the Engish language was learned in public schools by teachers who'd have expressed it with equal proficiency.

Probably both the teacher and the person making the post shared a piece of lottery proceeds to get educated to that level.

This person is you and me.  It's America.  This is the future.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8615 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

emilyg wrote: yes - and they're not immigrants. sad.

Thanks Em that's what i meant. i was not referring to immigrants.

My dad was born in the us back in 1908 he barely had a fourth grade education. Went in the coal mines at age 10 along with hundreds of other people who had no education it was like that all over America. Today there is no excuse for children not to have an education. Still there are many graduates that can barley read and write beyond the eighth grade level

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8810 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

i can't put my finger on it but just from looking at the poll part i think someone is pulling a joke.HOWEVER i could be wrong.....Lurking

Posting around 4:30 am they could have just came in from the bar.

Oo'Ka

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I hope she wasn't driving home......Lots of laughs......

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2005, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

emilyg wrote: yes - and they're not immigrants. sad.

Thanks Em that's what i meant. i was not referring to immigrants.

My dad was born in the us back in 1908 he barely had a fourth grade education. Went in the coal mines at age 10 along with hundreds of other people who had no education it was like that all over America. Today there is no excuse for children not to have an education. Still there are many graduates that can barley read and write beyond the eighth grade level

The eighth grade level in your father's time was a bit different from the eighth grade level today, one suspects.  There's probably no equivalent level in the 21st Century school system to compare it to.

Graduates from universities can barely read and write.  High school graduates need to have something left to learn when they go into higher education.

But seriously folks.

With all the tapes, camera equipment, checks and cross-checks there oughtn't to be any doubt among the bosses and authorities whether this person's guilty or isn't.  But the concern of the person isn't expressed as one of guilt and innocence.  It's about the level of penalty for printing up lottery tickets valued at $60 and stealing them.

I'd guess it's a felony because of the $50 value, but probably it would be a felony in any case because of the involvement of lottery tickets.  I'd bet there are special provisions in the statutes to discourage that sort of thing.

Even so, I ain't changing my vote.  I'm hooked on the phrase, 'fired from the pace'.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31615 Posts
                  Posted: December 31, 2005, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

rip -  catchy lyrics            happy '06

love to nibble those micey feet.

konane's avatar - wallace
                    Atlanta, GA
                    United States
                    Member #1265
                    March 13, 2003
                    3876 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2005, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

You mean they're old enough to drink alcohol legally???????????? 

My guess is under 21, dropout way back, fielding potential trouble by posting as a possible immigrant to elicit sympathy and advice. 

Bet they don't come back to clarify anything and if not LOTTOMIKE called it first ....  BS

Good luck to everyone!

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                      california
                      United States
                      Member #23475
                      October 13, 2005
                      659 Posts
                      Posted: December 31, 2005, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps the writer of this poll was typing through tears and not concerned with typos and spelling.

I'm reminded of my New Year's day 1998.  I was on my way to a friends party for finger foods, movies etc.  I had dressed up and was in a good mood but I had to stop for gasoline.  I paid for the gas inside the stop n' rob and went out to my car at the pump. Got the locking gas cap off, got the pipe pushed into the hole and no runny pump.  After figiting awhile with this I went back into the store and announced to the Yemen-Iranian-Pakistanis that the pump doesn't work.  They said I didn't pay. After a minute or two of back and forth I started to have a mini melt down.  OMG, why don't you look on the G** d*** tape and you'll see I was just in here and paid!!!  One of them went in the back and looked at the video camera tape then came out and said, okay, you paid.  I proceeded on my way but with a headache and a sick feeling over the whole thing.  I wish I coulda kept my cool and politely asked them to veiw the tape. New year's resolution, try to be more patient with people and kind.

It's maddening to be innocent and unjustly acused!

Best of luck to Nicksbabygurl and welcome to Lottery Post.  Hang in there.

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: December 31, 2005, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps the writer of this poll was typing through tears and not concerned with typos and spelling.

I'm reminded of my New Year's day 1998.  I was on my way to a friends party for finger foods, movies etc.  I had dressed up and was in a good mood but I had to stop for gasoline.  I paid for the gas inside the stop n' rob and went out to my car at the pump. Got the locking gas cap off, got the pipe pushed into the hole and no runny pump.  After figiting awhile with this I went back into the store and announced to the Yemen-Iranian-Pakistanis that the pump doesn't work.  They said I didn't pay. After a minute or two of back and forth I started to have a mini melt down.  OMG, why don't you look on the G** d*** tape and you'll see I was just in here and paid!!!  One of them went in the back and looked at the video camera tape then came out and said, okay, you paid.  I proceeded on my way but with a headache and a sick feeling over the whole thing.  I wish I coulda kept my cool and politely asked them to veiw the tape. New year's resolution, try to be more patient with people and kind.

It's maddening to be innocent and unjustly acused!

Best of luck to Nicksbabygurl and welcome to Lottery Post.  Hang in there.

So what happened in the end? You didn't say.

Did you go home and type a bunch of gobbly goop on the computer, out of frustration?...LOL

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: December 31, 2005, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

or not able to sleep because they are afraid of going to JAIL

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
                            Chicago,IL.
                            United States
                            Member #2902
                            November 29, 2003
                            1497 Posts
                            Posted: December 31, 2005, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Top 25 Poster

Platinum Member
                            Platinum Member

TENNESSEE
                            United States
                            Member #8005
                            October 15, 2004
                            5428 Posts
                            Quote LOTTOMIKEReport Inappropriate ContentTop of pagePosted: Today, 5:16 am - IP Logged
                            Forget the post what the heck are you doing up at 5:16 in the morning LOTTOMIKE? lol. Happy New Year.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11350 Posts
                              Posted: December 31, 2005, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Top 25 Poster

Platinum Member
                              Platinum Member

TENNESSEE
                              United States
                              Member #8005
                              October 15, 2004
                              5428 Posts
                              Quote LOTTOMIKEReport Inappropriate ContentTop of pagePosted: Today, 5:16 am - IP Logged
                              Forget the post what the heck are you doing up at 5:16 in the morning LOTTOMIKE? lol. Happy New Year.

always been a night person.from way back.something about the daytime bores me and puts me to sleep.i always seem the most active between 1 and 5 in the morning.i do guard work right now.i work from 5pm till 4:30am.been doing it for years.i could be doing something better and i have the potential.been at the same job nearly 6 years on and off.......