Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hoosier Lottery Does It Again

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 11 years ago by scott_one.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia City, Indiana
United States
Member #2978
December 9, 2003
381 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2006, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I think I can clear this up.

The Hoosier Lottery is governed by Indiana Code Title 4-30. These laws are avilable online for your viewing pleasure at www.state.in.us/legislative/ic/code/. You might as well call them the Powder Puff Laws, as they are neither observed nor enforced. 

The Hoosier Lottery is also subject to Indiana's Access to Public Records Act, but they continually ignore or simply refuse legitimate requests for public information. This law is the state equivalent to the federal Freedom of Information Act, which they also ignore.

For reasons known only to them, Four4me and others on the forum still can't wrap their heads around this crooked state lottery. Despite all the evidence I've presented in many, many threads on this subject, after spending three years gathering and verifying that evidence, and after meeting with or contacting over fifty state and federal agencies and individuals, all of whom freely admit that what we have proves criminal intent on the part of the Hoosier Lottery, these people remain convinced that we've simply overlooked the obvious routes to success.

Go see your attorney general. We did. Contact a lawyer. We did; several of them, as a matter of fact. Write to your Governor. We did. Call a reporter. We did (lots of reporters). Notify the statehouse. We did. Tell Oprah. Well, we did that, too. We've even called a private investigator to try to get pictures of their RNG and what it's connected to. No luck. They won't let anyone near that machine, but I spent $200 to try.

Maybe it's because they think that if they deny it's happening here, then it can't happen in their state. If this is the case, then nothing I present here will make any difference in their opinions, as they don't have to look at the proof we have; they can pretend and imagine to their hearts' content, and hold tightly to the hope that all the evidence LosingJeff and I have collected is wrong. Then everything will be okay again.

The lesson here seems obvious: If you don't look at the gun that's being pointed at you, the bullets can't harm you. 

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8396 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2006, 3:16 pm - IP Logged
    Jim695 I have gone out of my way to say how I feel for you all living in Indiana and dealing with the Indiana lottery. While I may have questioned some of your posts about the numbers people are betting and no one seems to win. I still say that as far as I know or anyone else for that matter. Information posted about how many winning tickets were sold might not be accurate complete, or otherwise correct on the webpages provided by the Indiana lottery. I have a very hard time believing people don't win money on pick 3/4 games when I know in my heart that people tend to play numbers associated to them like phone numbers addresses dates of birth tag numbers and thousands of other numbers still Indiana lottery seems to have very few winners on any given drawing. I'm looking at this from an analytical point of view. Trying to analyze if you will how come people don't win I'm not pointing fingers at anyone because I don't know anymore about the Indiana lottery than what I read here on lottery post or what I get from searching there website.

They only paid out 1500 dollars straight on 439 last night. To me that means for whatever reason not many people played that number which I cant believe since a couple hundred or more people probably live at 439 whatever street address have this as there tag number or part of their phone number, social security number, came up in a workout or would play this number based on any one of a hundred other reasons. Yet only three straight winners out of a possible thousand. Unbelievable from where I'm sitting I cant do anything about this. I cant hop on a plane and go there and walk into the head office and ask to see the daily receipts on the numbers that were bet.

I thought you said you needed proof for the lawyers and such well the proof is on their webpages. Anyone who would do a comparison of numbers from another state and compare them with Indiana can see first hand that there is something wrong with the payouts.

The last time 439 hit straight in Indiana was Aug 4 2004 daily 3
    6 tickets were sold for a straight. According to Indiana's website.

Last night payouts.
    Daily 3 Evening Prize Payout
    01/15/2006

Match Number of Winners Prize Amount Per Winner
    Straight 3 $500.00
    Box 3-Way 0 $160.00
    Box 6-Way 23 $80.00
    Combo Straight 3-Way 0 $330.00
    Combo Box 3-Way 0 $80.00
    Combo Straight 6-Way 12 $290.00
    Combo Box 6-Way 80 $40.00

Outside of me emailing them and asking some questions i don't know how else to help. Will post any emails that get answered by them.

Zoozie's avatar - back
      South Fort Myers
      United States
      Member #26835
      November 23, 2005
      454 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2006, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

That's why I do not play in the stores in Indiana.  Hate to EVER bring this up in any conversation, but the Hoosier Lottery is all politics.  Same as the gambling boats down here on the Ohio River.  THEY decide where the money goes, etc.  I just checked on the Florida website to see how many winners are listed on the pick 3.  Here is from yesterday, Jan. 15 for Florida:

CASH 3™

WINNING NUMBERS
      CURRENT PAYOUT
      NUMBER OF WINNERS
      6-6-7
      $190,770.00

1373 winners from their pick 3 drawing....... what does this say???  Hoosier Lottery stinks!

Zoozie  Dance

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"
      Napoleon Hill

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8396 Posts
        Posted: January 16, 2006, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

florida

09/12/94    4-3-9                2,000              $220,365.00

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2006, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

I grew up in northern New Jersey. Before state lotteries even existed, people were playing "the number". The mumber was yesterday's last three dollar digits for the total mutual handle at a designated race track. (The race track changed every so often to keep everyhitng "up and up."

Well, on July 4th a lot of people would play 776. "The Outfit" - ahem - would send runners down to the track with a supplied bank roll and tell them to fool around a little and have a good time but to follow the tote board and "load up" on the last race with odd bets, trying to keep the number from landing on 776.

Sounds like the Indiana Lottery is pulling the same kind of shenanigans.  

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8396 Posts
            Posted: January 18, 2006, 2:29 pm - IP Logged
            Ok here's the reply I got back from Indiana lottery about cut off numbers. For those of you that think I have not understood your posts I wish to say I think you should grasp the fact that I approach things and try and get information by not bashing people for answers here is my question and response to cut off numbers. I have taken out my name from the email and my email address.

From me to them
            Hi I love playing the pick 4 games however on Sunday 1/15/2006 I tried to buy 9999 for 1 dollar straight and the lottery ticket seller at the store I went to said the number was cut off. Can you explain to me exactly what that means. Like are there numbers a person cant buy or is there some other reason for this. 9999 is one of my favorite numbers and I would like to know why I cant buy tickets for it. Thank You, Blank

From Indiana lottery
            Dear Blank:

I am in receipt of your recent inquiry regarding the cut off amount for purchasing a Daily 4 tickets.

We have a $2 million liability on Daily 4. This means that when a number has reached our $2 million liability limit, we have to cut sales for that specific number for that draw date. This is a daily occurrence with popular numbers during certain times of the year. We suggest to our players to try and play a multi-draw ticket for their favorite Daily 4 number early in the week to try and avoid a cut-off number situation on a particular day. (Example: St. Patrick's Day - March 17 - (0317) - this is also the area code in Indianapolis and surrounding areas (0317) this number usually reaches that $2 million liability every year and has to be cut-off). All September 11 is another cut-off number almost every day during September (0911) and also for Daily 3 at 911 just to name a few examples.

There is no specific number that you can not play each day. It totally depends on daily sales for a specific number.

You may obtain a report from any retail location of numbers that have been cut-off for that day. If the retailer is unsure how to process this report for you, please have them call our Customer Service Department for assistance.

Please be advised that this is a common practice with all lotteries to assure that if the number is hit, we have enough money to pay each winner.

I hope this information has been helpful in answering your question. If we can be of further assistance please email us at playersupport@hoosierlottery.com or call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-955-6886 or (317) 264-4800.

Thank you

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
              Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: January 18, 2006, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Great! Now ask the illustrious lottery how many times they have payed 2 million on a daily game. You might be shocked.

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
                If you don't like it, spit it out!
                United States
                Member #4756
                May 23, 2004
                3435 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2006, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Just where is "60 Minutes" or "Dateline" when you need them????????Argue

They waste time on stories on offshore gambling, at least they wouldn't have to travel so far to dig up some dirt........

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8396 Posts
                  Posted: January 18, 2006, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Jeff you think you lost a lot of money playing lottery numbers so have a lot of us. I live in a state that has ball drawings. I post my picks for Maryland every day except Sundays. I play most of the pick 4's I post and then some. Almost every day I am off by one number either in the midday drawing the evening drawing or both. I play pick 3 but not as much as pick 4. I have big boxes of loosing tickets and more boxes of tickets that I kept separate with the missed by one digit. Like you I felt like I am was is/are being jipped somehow that there is no possible way I can just miss by one number 10 out of 10,----- 20 out of 40 -----90 out of 100 times and just once in a while get a box win. Some years I have done better just playing 5 dollars worth of numbers then playing 20 dollars worth on a daily basis.

Am I angry that I am loosing more than I think I should have won you betcha. Am I blaming the lottery because they didn't draw my numbers I play, yes I have. Like so many of us I thought to myself the lottery people know what were playing and they somehow only let certain balls be drawn. So only a handful of people will win. Like 5000 bucks isn't going to break their bank they take in a couple million every day.

Then I focus on reality and realize I would have won if I bet the right number.

example today midday Maryland

Maryland pick3 winning #'s---- 2-1-1 pick4 ---- 0-8-2-0

evening winning #'s 162-----0619 

my picks 

5449, 7154, 4086, 2050, 1630,
                  6336, 1949, 9326, 5423, 1098

862, 882, 962, 822, 409,
                  473, 526, 348, 852, 921

Now if Indiana has corruption and I'm sure they do so dose every state in the USA and no one is held accountable for it. We vote these people in office and get screwed on a daily basis. Even though we thought they would be on the up and up as soon as their elected the whole bunch of em turn into a bunch of money grabbing egotistical idiots.

United States
                    Member #24503
                    October 23, 2005
                    159 Posts
                    Posted: January 19, 2006, 12:05 am - IP Logged

what's funny about 317 is that, at least in the old days when i was living in indy (the early 90s), you could ALWAYS count on 317 (usually with the 1 in front!) hitting a little frequently. not every week frequently, but enough where when you got the feeling to play it, it was better to go with that feeling than not.  but that was when dinosaurs roamed the earth.  i don't know what the 317 hit frequency is now. 

and four4me, i feel for ya.  you pick great numbers :) now all you have to do is put them together in a way that's gonna win you money ;)

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8396 Posts
                      Posted: January 19, 2006, 12:35 am - IP Logged
                      Iesha thanks for your comments. I know I do a fair job on the prediction board. Mainly because my picks are based on many of my favorite numbers which have a habit of hitting everywhere but when I play them in my home town. When my favorite picks hit here I either forgot to play them or they weren't on my list for that days draws which is a problem a lot of people besides me has. I get a lot of boxed wins but didn't do as well last year as I thought I should have. I try and look beyond that shortcoming and hope i dial in some straights this year.

Another problem i might be having is putting too much effort in trying to find the winning picks. i did better in the past using intuition. rather than working formulas and paper pen methods.

I can tell you that in pick 3 games some numbers hit more often than others but the average rate for most pick3 digits is 3 to 4 hits a year on any one particular combo. Indiana sems to favor 834

Good luck to you.

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #29196
                        December 29, 2005
                        280 Posts
                        Posted: January 19, 2006, 11:27 am - IP Logged

@four4me:

Well I am impressed!  You got a very rational answer from someone at the Hoosier Lottery and that isn't (from my experience with them) an easy thing to do.

I also agree with you point about disgruntled winners.  Anyone who thinks a lottery is rigged just because they don't win is not (IMHO) very well grounded.  

But again the point with the Hoosier Lottery is that there is a history of corruption and secrecy at the Hoosier Lottery.  And for those of us who have played for years and never won or have tried to get answers from them...not winning only deepens our suspicion and paranoia.

But your point is very well taken.

By the way...I'm still waiting for a response to my questions.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Columbia City, Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #2978
                          December 9, 2003
                          381 Posts
                          Posted: January 19, 2006, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

I cant answer for the Indiana lottery commission but I suspect that somewhere there are rules and regulations governing the games in Indiana. That information should be on file somewhere either at lottery headquarters or the state house. Wherever the records are kept.

I don't think there hiding info. you request I think you haven't reached the person or persons who have the correct answers. When I seek answers such as you all are seeking I don't call and speak with a receptionist I try and reach a lottery commissioner, director or the person in charge of answering lottery related questions. if I hit a brick wall then I take a trip to the lottery office.

I was able to get 9's here in Maryland today but 4's were sold out.

Four4me:

Specifically, I was referring to your comment, "I don't think (they're) hiding info..." 

I've posted many times that the Hoosier Lottery refuses to release public information, whether the request is made in writing via certified mail or in person. In fact, on one occasion, we were told to go home and put our request in writing. Reluctantly, we did so, only to be told to make an appointment and go back to Indianapolis and make our request in person!

I know you've spoken up in support of our efforts in the past, but when you make blanket comments like the one above, I can't be sure where you stand. If I misunderstood your comments, then you have my apologies.

Also, I'm happy that the Hoosier Lottery seems to be letting their guard down. Their answer to your query can be construed either as misleading information or a palpable lie. Either way, they've put it in writing now. LosingJeff and I know for a fact that the Hoosier Lottery has no mandated liability limits. As LosingJeff pointed out in a recent post, the Hoosier Lottery has never paid out $2M for a single drawing. They've never paid out one million dollars for a single drawing. Don't take my word for it; go to their website and check it out. The proof is right there for all to see.

The Hoosier Lottery has made a very profitable business out of lying to people and stealing money. They don't worry when people start asking questions, because they're confidant that anyone who asks will accept the first lie they tell to explain it.

As a follow-up to your question, Four4me, please consider asking where these liability limits can be found, and if they wouldn't mind sending you a copy.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8396 Posts
                            Posted: January 19, 2006, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Jim695 thanks for your reply. I know it not easy being diplomatic when your not a diplomat talking to lottery personnel or anyone in government and being confrontational with them is worse than hitting a brick wall with a car. The minute you start questioning their authority to release information or are trying to find answers to question they usually don't get asked or asking repeated questions about a subject matter they refuse to acknowledge results in dead end conversation. Now living here in Maryland I can't openly call them and start asking questions about their payouts and interim affairs. I actually shouldn't be emailing and deceiving them into thinking I am a citizen in their state wanting information about their lottery affairs.

I can only tell you if I lived there I would be joining you guys in your efforts and possibly try and find a congressman or senator to help out. All I know is you guys need an advocate and that person is going to have to have a ranking in the diplomatic scope of things equal to a higher ups then the convening lottery authority in order to open up the files you guys need. Or by some direct means of the freedom of information act have a judge open the files. There has to be a person or persons to petition someone who handles complaints of this nature. Corruption of most inquiries of this nature usually get exposed because of people like yourself whom are dedicated to finding answers to questions nobody wants to answer. Or by them exposing themselves in some form of mistake they make.

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
                              Greenfield
                              United States
                              Member #3587
                              February 2, 2004
                              557 Posts
                              Posted: January 19, 2006, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the support 4 me! What really tics me off is how these so called elected officials turn their frigging backs to corruption! I have absolutely had it with this scam! I am telling you that if the Lottery hadn't broke me I would be moving to Kentucky in 3 seconds! You know, a State where common sense is the rule of the day!  What is really difficult is both Jim and I spent the majority of our lives in the service. There, we learned honor, discipline and integrity! Then you come to this zoo and find that these traits simply do not exist. It's all a ploy for money and fame. Ive said it a thousand times--the days of John Wayne are over. The system is too corrupt to fix. Money and tea parties rule the day. If you want freedom and integrity then you better soak yourself into a 1940's Duke flick; try the Sands Of Iwo Jima--its my favorite. I guess this is the new world. You know, where kids cant be disciplined; where sports arenas are more important than feeding people; where politicians use religion to gain support; where people can't move without someone eyeing every move; where the Freedom of Information Act is just something that someone dreamed up; where taxes run you out of your home; where baby kissers rule the day; where people starve while you try to figure out whether the sun is rising or falling on a State flag; and where politicians tell you to keep quiet cause no one needs to go to jail. This certainly isn't the place I grew up in anymore. The Great people have just disappeared, you know great people like Old Hickory, the Sullivan Brothers, Teddy Roosevelt, Chesty Puller, Bob Hope, just to mention a few! Now I see why older people are so calm about passing on--they are tired of the new fangled BS! Every person who goes into politics should have to serve in the Corps or some other Branch of the Armed Forces. Just maybe a little of it would rub off! Last time I looked we had 2 or 3 former service members in the Legislature in Indiana. That is really a shame! Oh well, I got it out tonight!  Long live Patrick Henry, Sergeant Stryker and Chesty Puller! Semper Fi Mac!

Oh, by the way, is it still legal to voice your opinion in this Country?When we lose our voice we lose our Freedom! Eliminate corruption! Vote a gyrene in office!

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy