Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do Lottery Post members do?

Topic closed. 112 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 4 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:20 am - IP Logged

takes a strong person to do that rick.i have two myself one was born the first of november 2004 then exactly a year a later the next one came.the oldest is driving me nuts getting into everything,lol....

United States
    Member #3676
    February 10, 2004
    425 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:25 am - IP Logged

I used to work in the trading field in Chicago, now I work from the comfort of my own home in the Web-education industry of direct sales. Allows me to travel and enjoy life like a madman! That is why I have lottery tickets from 35 different states!

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:25 am - IP Logged

You two are brave. Rick and Mike. And everyone out there who is a parent.

I don't even own a goldfish.

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:32 am - IP Logged

You two are brave. Rick and Mike. And everyone out there who is a parent.

I don't even own a goldfish.

thanks pac!! strange thing is when the lottery first started in tennessee in march of 2004 i had no children and never thought i would.then in april found out my gal was going to have baby.well in november 2004 a girl was born on the 1st.then exactly a year later in november of 2005 on the second a boy was born.his sister is one year and a couple hours older than him.now in the space of not even two years i have two critters running around,lol

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2006, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Pac...and don't get a goldfish...I never had luck with them as pets.

Mike, I feel for ya buddy. Kids at that age are real trying on the last nerve. But they do get better as they age. Until theyre as big as you and get in fistfights in the middle of the living room and you gotta step in and break it up. There's been a couple times when I felt like Big John, the referree from the UFC.

But I've had a couple funny things happen with them. One day I came home and found a circular hole in my bedroom door. I couldn't figure out how it happened till I saw a piece of 6' length of PVC that I had in the hall...I picked it up and put it in the hole for a perfect match. There was some spear throwing going on but they denied it of course.

Another funny thing they did....for months and months there was this small white piece of paper wedged into the chair rail in my living room. I didn't pay any attention to it, but one day I decided to remove the paper and lo and behold if there wasn't a hole in the drywall behind it. Another denial, but I had to laugh at their ingenuity.

See what you have to look forward to, Mike?

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
            Yinzer Country, PA
            United States
            Member #4067
            March 18, 2004
            2741 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Telecommunications - not a good field to get into. About as good as getting into IT.

Uh-oh.  That's what I'm majoring in. Well, there's always a Master's Degree.

As for my jobs at college, I don't get people into trouble. Their actions do.  The hours aren't bad because I can work around my school schedule, and most of my job is sitting in my room doing nothing.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

lol those are funny stories rick.my year and a half old daughter already tries to use my keys to unlock doors.Big Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8393 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2006, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

I was a CNC machinist worked my way up to night shift supervisor/manager. Mentored many newbies. Prior to that was automotive machinist mechanic. As a young man did all sorts of construction work so you could say I'm a skilled craftsman. Had lots of abilities to fall back on. Now because I worked myself into some pretty nasty disabilities I am in limbo trying to figure out how to get back into the work force into a job that won't cause me more health problems. Actually I don't have to go back to work because of my disabilities but it is getting boring, not working. I'm too busted up to do many of the things I used to do. I have climbed the ladder and been knocked off of it so many times I don't know if I want to climb the ladder again.

Am computer literate but only as a user I regret never taking computer classes. And don't know if I can handle the workload. Getting back into the workforce and getting paid a salary equal to what I was making will be very difficult.

Oh well guess I'm retired.     Surrender   

USA
                  United States
                  Member #15380
                  May 14, 2005
                  54 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2006, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

REtired

JAP69's avatar - alas
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #6
                    November 4, 2001
                    8797 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2006, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Master carpenter

other jobs in between when work was slow.

Shoveling dirt to factory work. whatever I could find to make a buck.

Have a masters degree in working for a living. >LOL<

Keep the money moving.
                    Pay cash for what I need and use very little credit. Can not pay cash I do not buy it.

Oo'Ka

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23349 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2006, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Thanks KR , I kind of work differently, I can work 75 days on and 35 off, or I can work 105 days on and 75 off , or I can work 140 days on and 75 off. It's up to me. I haven't worked much in the last couple of years , about 140 days due to an accident and now I just had my papers renewed which took a couple of monthe due to Homeland Security rules. Been at it since 1977 though and wouldnt think of working anywhere else or retiring. It's a great job. As far as being gone alot. The boss says after 2 weeks of being home , the honeymoon is over. I agree. After being home 2 months, I have to hit the road or go crazy.

Here is a picture of the ship I'm on these days. Its 950 ft long. Thats the Savannah river bridge in the background.

http://www.maersklinelimited.com/mll/transportation/fleet/comm_acv.asp

Good Luck.

Wow, that's pretty neat, I did a lot of work for Sea-Land (Maersk) myself, but in technology, not aboard.  Later, I did a lot of port work, like improving the systems, etc.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2006, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Todd, is the LP the only place where you make a living from now, or are there other things you do to help pay the bills?

Thanx.

whitmansm2's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                          Right here...can't you see me?
                          United States
                          Member #21521
                          September 10, 2005
                          131 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2006, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I was laughing out loud throughout reading these posts! Too funny!

I'm a stay at home mom of five. Ranging from 2-12. My baby girl is the genius of the group....she figured out my password yesterday! (she gets on the kid's computer and plays minesweep...AND WINS!) lol

I was reading where you two (can't remember who was talking) were talking about raising kids. I can honestly say it's so much easier raising your own than someone elses. I have two step kids. That's all I can say about that. lol

I tell people my offical title is CEO of Child Research and Development and a Financial Advisor to the Whitman Foundation.
                          LMAO

No No

Don't cry over spilled milk.  Go milk another cow!!

Stephanie

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
                            philadelphia,PA
                            United States
                            Member #27080
                            November 26, 2005
                            507 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2006, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

I am a professional psychic and medium...yes, I talk to dead people.  I worked Saturday and had a long line waiting for a reading from me.  Most dead people attend their funerals...so watch what you say and do.  Make sure those tears are real...lol.  Because I am a medium, my view of death is relaxed...because "all shut eyes aren't sleep".  The only reason why I am not getting rich doing psychic/medium work is because I do not charge much...just enough to keep me playing the lottery.  And yes...the deceased can give lottery numbers and those numbers are certain to Hit, because they know more than we know.  To take a break from my psychic work...

I sell real estate.  So you can say I work with people - dead or alive doesn't really matter.

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

United States
                              Member #23806
                              October 16, 2005
                              188 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2006, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Thanks KR , I kind of work differently, I can work 75 days on and 35 off, or I can work 105 days on and 75 off , or I can work 140 days on and 75 off. It's up to me. I haven't worked much in the last couple of years , about 140 days due to an accident and now I just had my papers renewed which took a couple of monthe due to Homeland Security rules. Been at it since 1977 though and wouldnt think of working anywhere else or retiring. It's a great job. As far as being gone alot. The boss says after 2 weeks of being home , the honeymoon is over. I agree. After being home 2 months, I have to hit the road or go crazy.

Here is a picture of the ship I'm on these days. Its 950 ft long. Thats the Savannah river bridge in the background.

http://www.maersklinelimited.com/mll/transportation/fleet/comm_acv.asp

Good Luck.

wOW.. Isn't Maersk like one of the biggest shipping companies in the world ,next to Hyundai?  Isn't the feeling great when you get all that money after you've come back? LOL.