Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do Lottery Post members do?

Topic closed. 112 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 8 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2006, 1:05 am - IP Logged

i live in memphis gasmeterguy.about to move out of it,lol

In February of 1983, I was in Millington for 4 months during "Airframes" schooling. I was sent there after bootcamp.

I had a great time there, even though I never left the base. Didn't have time to really do anything except, study, study, study. It was a 2 year college course, compressed into 4 months. I'm surprised I passed the final.

The hardest part of the test was to name how many check valves, inport, and/or outports, and/or selinoids a certain hydraulic pump had.

There are over 50 different kinds of pumps, that the Navy uses, in their Jets. To pass the test, you can't be your run of the mill hydraulic mechanic.

I think they let me pass the final because they felt sorry for me.

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
    chicago ill.
    United States
    Member #3600
    February 4, 2004
    337 Posts
    Posted: April 9, 2006, 10:45 am - IP Logged

if i win powerball jackpot i'll buy every single member a platinum membership.

Remember that you said that and put it in writing....I definitely will hold you up to that! Let's see now...over 37,000 subscribers here...HMMMM!  Bang Head

whitmansm2's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Right here...can't you see me?
      United States
      Member #21521
      September 10, 2005
      131 Posts
      Posted: April 9, 2006, 11:22 am - IP Logged

geez Mike....have you learned NOTHING from this site!! LMAO

No No

Don't cry over spilled milk.  Go milk another cow!!

Stephanie

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: April 9, 2006, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

PacAttack05.  So you were in Millington in 1983.  Small world.  I lived on Tecumseh in Millington until 1985 but if you never left the base, you wouldn't know where that is.  My mom (who is 90) still lives in Millington.  My dad was in the Navy for a few years then went to work for them as a civilian.  He was the Maintenance Control Director for NAS Memphis.  You should have stopped by the house and introduced yourself.  LOL.

LottoMike.  To where are you moving?  My daughter sold her house in Shelby Forest and is building out Austin Pea highway, in Tipton County.  She thinks Shelby County (Memphis) is going south.  Is that why you are moving?

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Portland,Oregon
          United States
          Member #14387
          April 25, 2005
          229 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2006, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

It's been fun reading about what you all do to keep body and soul together while waiting to win big :) What a wide range of occupations there are represented here! As for me, welll, if you need help ...

Got a screw loose? I can help you tighten itCrazy

A few sandwiches short of a picnic? I can help you fill up the picnic basket Banana

A few cards short of a full deck? I can help you find the missing ones Hyper

Elevator not running all the way to the top floor? I can help you make it the rest of the way up using the stairs Surrender

Need your head shrunk? I recommend washing it in hot water then putting it in a drier for a couple of hours Thinking of...

LOL actually I work for a big HMO doing telephone triage/intakes for the Mental Health Department ... I've been with the same company for 17 years.  When I first started work there I was on the Emergency Psychiatric Services Team- and hold the dubious distinction of lasting the longest on that team of any team member so far (10.5 years)  .... White Bounce

After 17yrs though it's time for a major change of life style... hence playing the lottery and feeling very delighted to find LP .... I've got the "I quit" letter written and saved, I know which attorney and financial advisor to contact before going to the lottery office, I have some good ideas about how to  manage the millions I win, and I have my first trip all planned out just waiting to buy the tickets.... now all I need is ALL THE WINNING NUMBERS + POWERBALL/BONUSBALL TO APPEAR ON THE SAME LINE!!!!    Smash

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

Indiana
            United States
            Member #29196
            December 29, 2005
            280 Posts
            Posted: April 9, 2006, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I work for a tobacco retailer.  I tell people I am a merchant of death.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
              Yinzer Country, PA
              United States
              Member #4067
              March 18, 2004
              2741 Posts
              Posted: April 9, 2006, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

In addition to my jobs at school, I also run a website where troubled teenagers can visit for fun and advice. Feel free to click on the link in my signiature and have a look.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: April 10, 2006, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I work for a tobacco retailer.  I tell people I am a merchant of death.

Jim 

I would also add the growth hormones which are given to the cows for the beef and the chickens for the poultry market. Fast food.

I would also add pure fat.

Calories in sugar.

Smog.

Carcinogens found in foods that are over cooked with burnt pieces. (which is the best part).

Radiation, from cell phones near the head, causing brain cancer, or sitting too close to the monitor, or tv.

Asbestos.

Drugs.

Drinking and driving.

Air Pollution.

I could spend and hour.........