Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do Lottery Post members do?

Topic closed. 112 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 6 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
Norfolk , Va
United States
Member #4541
May 2, 2004
25089 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2006, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Todd, is the LP the only place where you make a living from now, or are there other things you do to help pay the bills?

Thanx.

If LP was the only place I made money, I would be broke.  Lottery Post loses money on a monthly basis, and guess where the shortfall is made up?  That's right, I fund it out of my pocket.

That stinks that you have to pay out of your own pocket Todd.

Anyone on here want to give up a couple of bucks to help out? Maybe after a win from all the tricks we've learned on here. Todd can figure out a way we can help out.

Please post what you think of this.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

I AM NOT asking for handouts.  I never have, and never will.  Please, do not feel the need to send anything.  I do this because I want to.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Norfolk , Va
      United States
      Member #4541
      May 2, 2004
      25089 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Not suggesting a handout Todd. More like helping with this great site you run. Why should you have to pay for something that helps alot of us out and something that gives alot of us things to do. I hardly go to much more than my e mail box other than this site and I spend alot of time on here. Sorry if it sounds like I am suggesting a handout. Didnt mean for it to sound like that.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

The best thing anyone can do is to upgrade their membership.  If more people want to do that, that would be great.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Norfolk , Va
          United States
          Member #4541
          May 2, 2004
          25089 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I have Gold , I will be upgrading to Platinum in the next day or 2. Thanks for the great site.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
            kent, washington
            United States
            Member #3509
            January 26, 2004
            465 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Starchild45.  I would think your friend is going to the Harry Lundberg School of Seamanship in Piney Point MD .  Is he going into the Commercial side or the Cruise Industry ? If it is the school in Piney Piney Point , it is a very good school and it's nice there. If he is goint to Baltimore it's probably the MEBA school to become an Engineer.

i don't think he is headed to the cruise industry. he talked more about tugs and big ships. school for 3 months then 9 months on the boats. there months in different positions and then back to school. there he will pick one of the specialities he tried and go deeper and then into a real job. that is all i know.

masslottery's avatar - dragon eye.jpg

United States
              Member #34117
              February 28, 2006
              753 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

retired miltary 20years , works at logan airport    No Pity!

United States
                Member #23806
                October 16, 2005
                188 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

MassLottery.. what branch?? what did you do?  thanks for serving!

masslottery's avatar - dragon eye.jpg

United States
                  Member #34117
                  February 28, 2006
                  753 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

retired miltary 20years , works at logan airport    No Pity!

army

Manitoba
                    Canada
                    Member #5566
                    July 11, 2004
                    133 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Artist; when I go trudging off into the woods with my easle slung over my shoulder,I bring a flyrod along too; just in case the fishing is more inspiring than the scenery.

kent, washington
                      United States
                      Member #3509
                      January 26, 2004
                      465 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Todd, is the LP the only place where you make a living from now, or are there other things you do to help pay the bills?

Thanx.

If LP was the only place I made money, I would be broke.  Lottery Post loses money on a monthly basis, and guess where the shortfall is made up?  That's right, I fund it out of my pocket.

when i hit big i will set up a stipend for you to help keep this going. maybe enough extra so you can get a boat to go cruising on the weekends. i have to win first. lol.

Norfolk , Va
                        United States
                        Member #4541
                        May 2, 2004
                        25089 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Starchild45.  I would think your friend is going to the Harry Lundberg School of Seamanship in Piney Point MD .  Is he going into the Commercial side or the Cruise Industry ? If it is the school in Piney Piney Point , it is a very good school and it's nice there. If he is goint to Baltimore it's probably the MEBA school to become an Engineer.

i don't think he is headed to the cruise industry. he talked more about tugs and big ships. school for 3 months then 9 months on the boats. there months in different positions and then back to school. there he will pick one of the specialities he tried and go deeper and then into a real job. that is all i know.

Sounds like he is going into their apprenticeship program at the school I mentioned in Piney Point. Its a school run by Seafarers International Union and it is a good school. It's tough at first because they march around alot and to different classes but it pays off in the long run if he sticks to it. I belong to that Union and have for years and chances are good he may end up on a ship with me while he is in training. Not to worry , I'm pretty easygoing and I try to help those in training the best I can.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

kent, washington
                          United States
                          Member #3509
                          January 26, 2004
                          465 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like he is going into their apprenticeship program at the school I mentioned in Piney Point. Its a school run by Seafarers International Union and it is a good school. It's tough at first because they march around alot and to different classes but it pays off in the long run if he sticks to it. I belong to that Union and have for years and chances are good he may end up on a ship with me while he is in training. Not to worry , I'm pretty easygoing and I try to help those in training the best I can.

i will probably never see him again. i just worked with him a few months on my current job. he did buy me a lotto ticket from PA. if i win a big enough amount of money i will give him some. maybe pay for all of his schooling. if i win my usual seven dollars. he is on his own and he will have my grattitude. win big enough i will drop in and personally hand him the money.

Norfolk , Va
                            United States
                            Member #4541
                            May 2, 2004
                            25089 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2006, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

The school doesnt cost anything. I think his only cost is clothing.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Winner2Be's avatar - diva
                              Charleston
                              United States
                              Member #1990
                              August 5, 2003
                              1675 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2006, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Certified Mental Health Counselor here and Certified Life Coach!

I specialize in eating disorders and sexual abuse issues.

I'm also a freelance writer and I'm working on a novel.

I paint and write poetry during my free time.

...oh I also enjoy playing the lottery and winning even more (LOL).

Group Hug