Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Solution t This Gas Extortion

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 11 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Tenaj's avatar - michellea
Charlotte NC
United States
Member #17406
June 18, 2005
4053 Posts
Posted: May 2, 2006, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

You know what this country really needs? This country needs a little "revolution" to stir the pot up! Then we need another "tea party" but not with tea! Then we need to march to Washington and "Take America Back" from all the fat cat politicians, REPUBLICANS, DEMOCRATS AND INDEPENDENTS!!

Kick all their a@$es out of office and start over! The country is in sad shape, makes me so sick I am ready to fly north to the land of maple leafs! Just look at how many people vote each presidential election, it is pitiful.

And yes I do vote, I vote every chance I get and if I don't like what u are doing I will vote to give yer a$% the boot! Nuff' said!

Yes NodOr an act of God. 

takeemtothebank

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:02 am - IP Logged

The solution is very simple. Irradicate greed!, and progress won't be stymied.

Then politicians won't even have the drive, ( no pun intended ), to pull the wool over the eyes of people all over the world. Then the top dogs will not even feel they should purposely slow down such progress as in the case of the Station wagon that got about 80 MPG, because of it's unique carbeurator. Both the guy who invented it, and the station wagon, dissappeared. This occurred around the mid 70's. A huge story forgotten by many. This is only one example of literally thousands of similar cases.

HMMMMMMM......

Makes me wonder........What's goin on........?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3103 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Back in the fifties and sixties people were inventing VoltsWagons, and you could buy a tiny car called the King Midget for next to nothing, looked like a jeap on a golf cart frame with a 5 HP motor.  Now inovation is illegal in the name of safety yet we pretend to still be a nation of inventors.

Where are the steam cars that use microwaves to heat the water, the hydrogen burning engines that produce water not that stupid fuel cell nonsense.  Or a water engine with enough compression to flash water vapor to steam using gasoline just for runing a cranking engine to get started. 

Frankly I think the there are too many people out for themselves for things to be fixed.  In Florida the criminals that run the government passed a law making all mobile homes worth $1,375. per title if a developer wants to buy the park to build something, it is legal stealing and the courts support it while we call it a crime against humanity when the Chinese throw people off land the government wants with little or no compensation. 

There is a mobile home park across from me where people who take home less then a grand a month are being tossed out of homes they own by greedy developers.  I speak out against this at the planning and zoning meeting and am ignored. The zombie like board pass the plan without even looking at the pictures of what the development will look like or asking questions.  Nothing like watching business in action when the fix is in.   

BobP

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4525 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:45 am - IP Logged

Its actually the Grassroots groups that have helped the *alternative* methods of fuels to be developed. California has already passed regulations allowing alternative fuels to be used in automobiles and farm equipment. Read up on how University studies (which are funded by state taxes in most cases) are developing natural resource fuels.  Penn State Agriculture has been avid in using and testing methane ( a by product from manure).

Boycotting will not work, what will work is gaining insight and implementing other resources that can be manufactured in ones own country. We (USA) are far to dependent on foreign nations to do our work for us. We have outsourced far to much and now are feeling the affects of such action. To point fingers at one group or another doesnt *solve* the immediate needs of the nation. Action does. And this country that is filled with brilliant scientist, engineers and new inventors can surely pull its boots up and get busy using what is already before us! Exxon is doing what any *free enterprise* business is allowed to do. Making a profit .  Now as for the price gouging...that is something that needs to be thwarted. 

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Its actually the Grassroots groups that have helped the *alternative* methods of fuels to be developed. California has already passed regulations allowing alternative fuels to be used in automobiles and farm equipment. Read up on how University studies (which are funded by state taxes in most cases) are developing natural resource fuels.  Penn State Agriculture has been avid in using and testing methane ( a by product from manure).

Boycotting will not work, what will work is gaining insight and implementing other resources that can be manufactured in ones own country. We (USA) are far to dependent on foreign nations to do our work for us. We have outsourced far to much and now are feeling the affects of such action. To point fingers at one group or another doesnt *solve* the immediate needs of the nation. Action does. And this country that is filled with brilliant scientist, engineers and new inventors can surely pull its boots up and get busy using what is already before us! Exxon is doing what any *free enterprise* business is allowed to do. Making a profit .  Now as for the price gouging...that is something that needs to be thwarted. 

With all due respect, for the most part I agree with what you say.

Unfortunately, if the problem is not intercepted from it's "Grassroots", the beginning, a never ending problem will always exist. As you say......But.................those wonderful qualities that you mention will ultimately be abused, tainted, therefore taking you and me back to square one. You see.....No matter what scientific breakthrough that comes along, is not  open to public debate, for the most part. They are rather manipulated to certain agendas by the Elite. So cleaner versions of alternative fuels will only be sitting ducks, waiting to be taken advantage of. The cycle will only be broken, when the core values of those who were involved, changes. 

Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: May 3, 2006, 3:01 am - IP Logged

Unfortunately, if the problem is not intercepted from it's "Grassroots", the beginning, a never ending problem will always exist. As you say......But.................those wonderful qualities that you mention will ultimately be abused, tainted, therefore taking you and me back to square one. You see.....No matter what scientific breakthrough that comes along, is not made public. They are rather manipulated to certain agendas by the Elite. So cleaner versions of alternative fuels will only be sitting ducks, waiting to be taken advantage of. The cycle will only be broken, when their core values change.

Yes NodI think boycotting companies that do outsourcing will bring them to their knees.  I mean not just boycotting for a day or week.  Just don't do business with them.  Never again.  They will change. 

We need fuel but there are many businesses that we can do without.  Like Walmart and we don't have to do business with a bank that outsource their work.  Hit them where it hurts.  I think it is a shame for hard working faithful people to loose their jobs to cheap labor sent out of the country.  You need an interpretor when calling just about any customer service center.   

This country turns on the buying and selling, Wall Street, The Federal Reserve, the banks and consumers have power.  Yes, boycott the big winners on Wall street, especially the banks, they are major culprits.  Remember when you can get your bank statement and not have to pay to have your checks included?  C'mon.  Do a rush on the banks and see how they like that.  It's been done before.  It would hit them right in the jugular. 

Nobody's job is safe anymore and it seems that small and middle size businesses have difficulties surviving.  Remember what they did to the savings and loans.  Now we have predatory lending.  It seems like everyone is on Prozac and stressed out doing double sometimes triple work and there is no such thing as staying with a company to retire anymore.  Can you imagine what it is like for poor people.

It's scary. 

takeemtothebank

Konformthismfs's avatar - lisasham
              CA
              United States
              Member #4429
              April 23, 2004
              426 Posts
              Posted: May 3, 2006, 4:08 am - IP Logged

Unfortunately, if the problem is not intercepted from it's "Grassroots", the beginning, a never ending problem will always exist. As you say......But.................those wonderful qualities that you mention will ultimately be abused, tainted, therefore taking you and me back to square one. You see.....No matter what scientific breakthrough that comes along, is not made public. They are rather manipulated to certain agendas by the Elite. So cleaner versions of alternative fuels will only be sitting ducks, waiting to be taken advantage of. The cycle will only be broken, when their core values change.

Yes NodI think boycotting companies that do outsourcing will bring them to their knees.  I mean not just boycotting for a day or week.  Just don't do business with them.  Never again.  They will change. 

We need fuel but there are many businesses that we can do without.  Like Walmart and we don't have to do business with a bank that outsource their work.  Hit them where it hurts.  I think it is a shame for hard working faithful people to loose their jobs to cheap labor sent out of the country.  You need an interpretor when calling just about any customer service center.   

This country turns on the buying and selling, Wall Street, The Federal Reserve, the banks and consumers have power.  Yes, boycott the big winners on Wall street, especially the banks, they are major culprits.  Remember when you can get your bank statement and not have to pay to have your checks included?  C'mon.  Do a rush on the banks and see how they like that.  It's been done before.  It would hit them right in the jugular. 

Nobody's job is safe anymore and it seems that small and middle size businesses have difficulties surviving.  Remember what they did to the savings and loans.  Now we have predatory lending.  It seems like everyone is on Prozac and stressed out doing double sometimes triple work and there is no such thing as staying with a company to retire anymore.  Can you imagine what it is like for poor people.

It's scary. 

Tenaj, your right! And this is were "one" of the main "Amnesty" problems come into play. If you go ahead and grant amnesty to 10-20 million illegals, this gives them the power to go after other jobs they currently can't get. And they will! And the employer will love it even more! And the illegals will continue to come because they'll still be jobs americans won't do, because the new lovely group of proud americans waving flags from another country won't do those jobs anymore either! Why should they? They're no longer the "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT"! They can now legally go take your job or my job or any other job that pays a little more. If amnesty at any level is put into effect, KISS THE MIDDLE CLASS GOODBYE! And look for another amnesty 15 or so years down the line. And if you listen to our great politicians, this is a good thing! Send all our good jobs out of the country(NAFTA,GAFTA,SHAFTA) and then the immigrants will no longer want to come here. TOTAL BS! Charge the employer a heavy fine and then they'll be no jobs and they'll leave on their own! TOTAL BS AGAIN! There are millions already here without a real job and they stay! As long as the feds continue to deny responsibility on this situation it's going to grow.Now one must look at the bigger picture and ask why? Why do they continue to let this go on?

It's not what you got,  It's what you give,  It's not the life you choose, It's the life you live! Guitar

mybolade's avatar - praying hands.jpg
                Detroit, MI
                United States
                Member #8705
                November 15, 2004
                1396 Posts
                Posted: May 3, 2006, 7:10 am - IP Logged

IF the majority of people boycott any company, it will bring them down. I am not buying Exxon Gas....
                I think we should tackle one problem at a time.  It should not be that much of an inconvenience for people to stop buying Exxon if they want the price to change. If most of the people stop buying they will have to lower their prices, if they lower their prices the other stations will follow. 

Do not buy Exxon....................

Watch the results. This is what we are doing in my family. Thanks for bringing up the topic.

P.S. Outsourcing is bad. Illegal immigrants are just that, illegal. Be for real. If you want to get more gas mileage, convert your diesel engine to cooking oil. For $1,000 dollars you can add a diesel converter kit and drive to your heart's content. "Where there's a will, there's a way."

Bolade'

"Excellence is the result of
                 Caring more than others think is wise;
                 Risking more than others think is safe,
                 Dreaming more than others think is practical, and
                 Expecting more than others think is possible."  Author Unknown

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: May 3, 2006, 7:32 am - IP Logged

an easier and way more affordable alternative could've already been developed and it has.each time this happens that person ends up "gone".the reason they end up "gone" is because the government doesn't want this too happen for us because it would take dollars out of their greedy hands.there could've been a cure for cancer by now but there never will simply because it would stop the river of money flowing to the government.my grandfather was given six months to live and ended up living five more years due to some vitamins he found out about.the doctors wouldn't have reccommended what he was taking because it wasn't something they could prescribe.poof no money for them so naturally they didn't like what he was doing but finally told him whatever it was that was keeping him alive just to continue doing it.money rules all in the end.........

Bronx, NY
                    United States
                    Member #34119
                    February 28, 2006
                    218 Posts
                    Posted: May 3, 2006, 7:47 am - IP Logged

Fear, fear, fear! It always works.  When one group gets too powerful that you cannot discriminate against them and call them ugly names in public find another...

Bingo: Undocumented citizens of America are a good target!

Let's get real.  If I were an oilman and the president or Vice President of the country I would help my other oil buddies make as much money as they can...the poor and middle class be damned. The middle class and the poor will always survive. In fact they have always been underestimated. These bastards have a lot of hidden cash..and especially with the good economy lots of equity tied up in property...

They will survive ..in the meantime we should continbue to help those who can create jobs make as much money as they can..for as long as they can...

There is no crisis... 

Success defined: If you aim for nothing you will achieve it!
                    My GOAL: At least 3 straight hits per week.

Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

No NoI hear over and over the statement "jobs people won't do."  I don't believe there is a job in America that someone won't do.  Who did them before?  The greed of companies and granted some don't have a choice or go out of business want cheap dependable labor and a "docile" employees who are glad to have the opportunity to shovel horse manure, clean bathrooms or dig ditches.  "Jobs people won't do"....a subliminal message. 

Middle and small businesses are like, I'll be damned if I do and damned if I don't.  On my job it were the maintenance and security employees who were low on the totem pole.  Anytime money was short or if any cut-backs, whether it be supplies, or hours, it was them who got the axe or the short end of the stick.  They were made to do both security and maintenance or lose their jobs. 

We want people to do the undesirable jobs but we want to give them low pay and treat them like manure.  And then when they won't take it they are no good no accounts.  Don't you just love the way companies hire permanent part-time to avoid having to pay full benefits.  Careers in this country are based on education.  Bottom line.  So, I'm not saying give the people jobs that they don't qualify for. 

So, what happened to the people that fit into the category "jobs people won't do"  Where did they go?  Did they move up to better positions or are they the people who will rob you while you wait at the drive-thru at McDonalds, or high-jack your car and stick a gun to your head while you wait for a red light to change.  

Are they the ones who suddenly flooded our prisons, drug addicts, selling drugs, on welfare, breaking and entering into your home?  What happens to these people children?  Do they grow up to be just like them.  I ask again.  Where are the people who did these jobs before?  Granted we've always had that sort but it is overwhelming prevalent now.  It doesn't just affect the poor.  It affects the middle class as well.

"Jobs people won't do"  Who did them before? 

takeemtothebank

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31347 Posts
                        Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

do a google search - how much it costs each and everyone of us to pay for all the benefits the illegals are getting.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Charlotte NC
                          United States
                          Member #17406
                          June 18, 2005
                          4053 Posts
                          Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

do a google search - how much it costs each and everyone of us to pay for all the benefits the illegals are getting.

Yes NodThe cost of illegals are more than dollars.

takeemtothebank

Amarillo/Austin
                            United States
                            Member #1424
                            April 25, 2003
                            696 Posts
                            Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Before we start boycotting ExxonMobile, why not boycott Citgo while we are at it?  Citgo profits go to Hugo Chavez who is a buddy of Fidel Castro.  Scrapping your SUVs would also be a good way to cut gas costs.  You could also stop carrying your spoiled brats all over the place, get your cell phone out of your ear so you can drive more carefully and plan your lives like your parents and grandparents did.  Other ideas would be to move closer to your job, live within your means and quit trying to keep up with the Jones family.  Do you really need a 50-square-inch TV?  Look in the mirror.  The enemy is us . . .

Orangeman                                                  Disapprove

Glenn123's avatar - praying hands.jpg
                              Amarillo,Texas
                              United States
                              Member #26963
                              November 25, 2005
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Vote out the politians with oil intrests!!!!

Let the farmer have a chance(Ethonol) is the way to go!

We helped Brazil be self sufficent,why can't we help ourselves?

Next election,do your homework and vote the oilmen  OUT!!

I might have wandered but i'm not lost!!