Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Solution t This Gas Extortion

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 11 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Konformthismfs's avatar - lisasham
CA
United States
Member #4429
April 23, 2004
426 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2006, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Fear, fear, fear! It always works.  When one group gets too powerful that you cannot discriminate against them and call them ugly names in public find another...

Bingo: Undocumented citizens of America are a good target!

Let's get real.  If I were an oilman and the president or Vice President of the country I would help my other oil buddies make as much money as they can...the poor and middle class be damned. The middle class and the poor will always survive. In fact they have always been underestimated. These bastards have a lot of hidden cash..and especially with the good economy lots of equity tied up in property...

They will survive ..in the meantime we should continbue to help those who can create jobs make as much money as they can..for as long as they can...

There is no crisis... 

"Bingo: Undocumented citizens of America are a good target!" 

The correct term is "Illegal Immigrant", they're not a Citizen of the USA!

It's not what you got,  It's what you give,  It's not the life you choose, It's the life you live! Guitar

Maryland
    United States
    Member #35590
    March 20, 2006
    185 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2006, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Before we start boycotting ExxonMobile, why not boycott Citgo while we are at it?  Citgo profits go to Hugo Chavez who is a buddy of Fidel Castro.  Scrapping your SUVs would also be a good way to cut gas costs.  You could also stop carrying your spoiled brats all over the place, get your cell phone out of your ear so you can drive more carefully and plan your lives like your parents and grandparents did.  Other ideas would be to move closer to your job, live within your means and quit trying to keep up with the Jones family.  Do you really need a 50-square-inch TV?  Look in the mirror.  The enemy is us . . .

Orangeman                                                  Disapprove

Sorry...I am not into self hating....Not gonna blame myself. I use the same amount of Gas i used 6 years ago when Gas was $1.45/gallon.

I didn't change, so why the gouging?.....and yes I do need my 51" Plasma.

I looked in the mirror.....I am a bit older.....I guess I changed.Wink

Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2006, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Rising gas prices are just adding to my list of reasons never to have kids.

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2006, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Its actually the Grassroots groups that have helped the *alternative* methods of fuels to be developed. California has already passed regulations allowing alternative fuels to be used in automobiles and farm equipment. Read up on how University studies (which are funded by state taxes in most cases) are developing natural resource fuels.  Penn State Agriculture has been avid in using and testing methane ( a by product from manure).

Boycotting will not work, what will work is gaining insight and implementing other resources that can be manufactured in ones own country. We (USA) are far to dependent on foreign nations to do our work for us. We have outsourced far to much and now are feeling the affects of such action. To point fingers at one group or another doesnt *solve* the immediate needs of the nation. Action does. And this country that is filled with brilliant scientist, engineers and new inventors can surely pull its boots up and get busy using what is already before us! Exxon is doing what any *free enterprise* business is allowed to do. Making a profit .  Now as for the price gouging...that is something that needs to be thwarted. 

Actually, walling off the United States economy from the rest of the world will only make things more expensive overall. The "world economy" idea came about so countries that have comparative advantages in producing certain goods can help out the countries that don't.

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2006, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm in no way defending the gas companies, but they only make 7 to 8 cents out of each dollar. It's the oil companies and the government that makes the money.

Out of every dollar spent on gas, about 50 percent or so go to the oil companies. About 25 percent goes into storing, refining, and shipping the gas, by the gas companies. 18 percent goes to the govt. for taxes. And the remaining 7 cents goes to the net profit for the gas companies.

You people ain't seen nothin yet. Every time some news story that comes out over the middle east crisis prices of crude oil rises. Especially with the possibility of war with Iran looming around the corner. If we go to war with Iran, the price of oil could skyrocket to anywhere from $100.00 to $150.00 a barrel. You think you have problems now?

Today, the price of oil climbed to $75.00 a barrel because of the 911 terrorist on trial. He got life instead of the death penalty. That was totally lame. Now, he's gonna request "halal" food, write to his cronies from jail, demand his prayer rug, and the list goes on.

Michael Savage is totally correct. Liberalism is a mental disorder. And they will bring this great country down.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2006, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Don't forget the property taxes on the facilities where each of the components (down to the last bolt on a truck) are made, payroll and other income taxes on each of the employees in the supply chain. Compliance costs, and other "value adds". The out-of-the-ground cost of a barrel of oil is about $5. The rest is taxes, fees, and other garbage. It's not just oil. Look at your phone bill. What percent is for the service and the rest for taxes and fees?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4523 Posts
              Posted: May 5, 2006, 8:14 pm - IP Logged
              RyanM wrote"

Actually, walling off the United States economy from the rest of the world will only make things more expensive overall. The "world economy" idea came about so countries that have comparative advantages in producing certain goods can help out the countries that don't." (end quote)

Who said anything about isolating our economy? Read and then re-read most of the comments here. My comments were for the most part, based in facts and some opinions. Which is what this topic surrounded.

Keep the topic grounded. This whole theory that the US *needs* overseas trade is true, yet its ALSO true that we need to stop Exceeding our dependency on other countries for commodities when we dern well have the technology and the intelligence to find alternative fuel sources.

Someone here said to just not buy from Exxon, ummm...they supply under other names and local pop shops. Good luck unweaving ALL the names they supply under.

I absolutely agree with Orangemans' attitude. Far too many are materialistic and unyielding in giving up the *toys* that keep them one step ahead of the jones. To me, being healthy is the only step I want to be one UP on with the jones. 

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #2338
                September 17, 2003
                2063 Posts
                Posted: May 5, 2006, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Short of inventing sustainable hydrogen fussion we will always be dependent on oil. Hybrids burn gas same as any other car. Biodiesel is great but we don't have enough agricultural land to grow enough fuel. Natural gas is to scare and is very dangerous in cars.

Morrison, IL
                  United States
                  Member #4657
                  May 13, 2004
                  1884 Posts
                  Posted: May 6, 2006, 1:34 am - IP Logged

Yep, the only way to stop being dependent on oil is to outlaw motor vehicles all together.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: May 6, 2006, 2:36 am - IP Logged

the day could come when we run out of oil and then we will be riding horses again.......

Konformthismfs's avatar - lisasham
                      CA
                      United States
                      Member #4429
                      April 23, 2004
                      426 Posts
                      Posted: May 6, 2006, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Fiveonabike

Trade in your SUV's for a Honda! Helmuts Optional...

It's not what you got,  It's what you give,  It's not the life you choose, It's the life you live! Guitar

Morrison, IL
                        United States
                        Member #4657
                        May 13, 2004
                        1884 Posts
                        Posted: May 6, 2006, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

the day could come when we run out of oil and then we will be riding horses again.......

The Amish will really be laughing at us that day!!

An excerpt such as, "With gas prices at an all-time high, a record number of civilians will be converting to Amish...," sounds like something that could go in MAD magazine lol.
                          LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: May 6, 2006, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

i don't doubt anything anymore.between 9/11,katrina,the tsunami in india,the iraq war,earthquakes,etc.the world has been going through a lot and its very scary.i use to laugh at all the doomsday people who talk about the end of the world but i don't laugh anymore.its real and its in our face.the proof is here that we are in the end days.......

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8360 Posts
                            Posted: May 6, 2006, 5:24 pm - IP Logged
                            Common Mike don't confuse natural disasters with end of days scenarios katrina was bound to happen and we'll see even bigger storms. (global warming) Hot air mixes with cold air and warm water with cold water equals hurricanes. Those winds that carried from the sera desert were extremly hot.

The tsunami was an earthquake in the ocean. overdue according to scientists

911 was cooked up by binladen.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8360 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2006, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

We may run out of oil in a couple hundred years. That's why they don't care as long as there's oil now.

they can make fuel from sea water. Engines will be developed that will use all sorts of fuels. they will never release a perpetual motion engine. No engine will ever be marketed that dosen't wear out or break down if they did the auto makers will go under.