Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Please, Pray For My Son"

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ducksafloat.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
Wentzville, Missouri
United States
Member #2243
September 4, 2003
8495 Posts
Posted: May 2, 2006, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

As most of you know, my son is still in Iraq.  I just left the chat room with Dezmond.  That has been the best thing for me, since he has been away. 

He informed me today that his unit was moving to a place called *****, on *****.  There, he and the entire unit will be driving fuel trucks.  I am trying so hard not to think about myself and the circumstances surrounding the war.  I've learned not to watch the news are read the head-lines on-line when I log on.  It was different and heart breaking for me today to hear that the Soldiers were gonna be driving those fuel trucks, even though I know that many have did it, it still breaks my heart to know the element of danger. 

The only encouragement that I could offer to him was that I would continue to pray for him and all that were at war.  I told him that maybe God was moving him to a new destination to touch more lives.  I told him that maybe it was about where God wanted him, and not where he wanted himself.  He and the other Soldiers, made many friends in their current location. 

As most of us know, that is one of the greatest elements of danger over there because of the road-side bombings and they do still occur, not as bad as the beginning of the war, still they happen.  I am asking that all of you would please pray for the lot of service members from America that are still at war.  I pray this would end soon.  I never knew you could miss someone so very much. 

Forgive me if I sound selfish and I won't make excuses for my selfish ways, because I have none.  I am aware that I am not the only mother with a son there.  There are brothers, mothers, fathers, sisters, best friends and so on, over there fighting and everyone one wants there loved ones home.  Just like the journalist that SandyK, wrote about.  It moved me to no ends. 

It has been most difficult mainly on Sundays for us because we always have Sunday Dinner in our home with close friends and family at the table, and every Sunday, Dezmond's seat is empty. 

Coming here to the "Lottery Post" has been a real high-light for me.  Dezmond's always saying, "Ma, go to the Lottery Post, you'll feel better.  Sometimes when I get excited here, my heart fills with such laughter that I cannot contain it and I laugh out loud, very loud.  I have met some of the best people that will probably ever touch my life right here!  I am blessed to be able to come here and be a part of something bigger than myself. 

I am blessed to be the mother of a Soldier.  I can't tell you all my blessing, for I fear, this post would not contain them.  I do know that our service members do need our prayers.

Last night when we were leaving the dance studio, my grand-girl looked up and said, "Look Gran, that man got on my daddy's uniform!"  I looked up and tears just rolled down my jolly cheeks!  The soldier looked right at us and walked towards us.  "Mam, are you ok?"  He asked.  I looked at him and I said, "I'm good how are you soldier?"  "I just got back from Iraq 2 days ago, and I'm going to realax."  he said.  He then picked up my grand-girl and said, "So, your daddy has a uniform like this one, does he?"  She then laid her head upon the soldiers chest and began to sob.  The soldier replied to her, "You know your daddy will be home soon and then he can pick you up like I just did!"  She quickly raised up her head with a big crocodile-tear and said, "No, he won't, he won't hold me like a baby, he's gonna give me a piggy back ride like a big girl!"  We laughed very hard and loud, and then she began to laugh.  I told the soldier how it appears that Soldiers are not just Soldiers in my life, but they are Angels before they are Soldiers. 

Please pray for our troops! 

PaTrice

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

Litebets27's avatar - power
    Maryland
    United States
    Member #10465
    January 14, 2005
    6065 Posts
    Posted: May 2, 2006, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Our Prays are with you and all of our soldiers and their families. May God keep them safe and bring them all home to their loved ones.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
      texas
      United States
      Member #4689
      May 17, 2004
      4121 Posts
      Posted: May 2, 2006, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Dear heavenly Father , please watch over Ducks son , keep him and all of our soldiers safe. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: May 2, 2006, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, your son and the other soldiers.

Dance like no one is watching.

BIRD's avatar - hiro bird.jpg
          clarkston georgia
          United States
          Member #555
          August 8, 2002
          3348 Posts
          Posted: May 2, 2006, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Dear heavenly Father , please watch over Ducks son , keep him and all of our soldiers safe. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

when two touch and agree it shall be done!

spooky soozy 888

birdshouse.ning.com

join us at birdshouse

bird 4=7

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: May 2, 2006, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

my prayers are with you.

undress's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
              roseville, MI
              United States
              Member #5980
              July 30, 2004
              18205 Posts
              Posted: May 2, 2006, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

I'll keep your son and your family in my prayers.

God bless you.

Mad ALL IN!Mad

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
                Stone Mountain, GA
                United States
                Member #3189
                January 1, 2004
                28251 Posts
                Posted: May 2, 2006, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Amen.

angelm's avatar - anne
                  richmond ky.
                  United States
                  Member #15877
                  May 22, 2005
                  8472 Posts
                  Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

God Bless your son during this time-my prayers are with you both(our children are special gifts)

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
                    Cleveland, Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #11445
                    February 13, 2005
                    1303 Posts
                    Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Be as selfish as you want Ducks, you have every right to be. If put in your shoes, I would go before I would let my kids go. Fortunately, they are too young now, but tomorrow is closer than I care for it to be.

Do what you have to do Dezmond but be safe. Mom needs you back and like her, I'm proud and appreciative of your sacrifice, although we may never meet face to face for a personal "thanks." You and the rest of the crew in Iraq have my full support, always.

You both are in my prayers,

Snakeyes  

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23273 Posts
                      Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

God bless you and your son.  You are both one-of-a-kind.

I can't imagine the pride you must feel that your son is among this country's most patriotic, and is protecting every one of us with his service.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

cplus's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
                        Pgh, PA
                        United States
                        Member #514
                        July 25, 2002
                        485 Posts
                        Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

My prayers are with you.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                          FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

I will.

That was a touching post. The safety of our troops, our citizens and all peace-loving citizens of this world should be foremost in our minds during these troubled times. The evil and violence that is being propagated and perpetuated in this world by all guilty parties must be stopped by the rational minds of 98% of the world population who don't agree with their agendas.

May your son be safe and give his daughter and you a big hug in the near future.

Thumbs Up

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Amen

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                              Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: May 2, 2006, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I almost went to war at least at 3 different times when I was in the U.S. Army.

I was in the Army for very many years, no I didn't retired from it.

I was on Germany for at least 5 years not all of them years at one time, maybe 6 years or 7, I can't remember, I was also stationed here on the U.S. several times, here on Texas, (Fort Sam Houston, Fort Hood and at Fort Bliss or whatever the name is I can't remember) ) and also spent a little more than 5 years on Des Moines, Ia, I was also stationed for a short time on Lousiana, Georgia and New Jersey.

It was no picknic being in the U.S. Army for so very many years.

Now-days I hate war (I didn't back on those days), God was looking over me all of the time that I was in the service.

May HE be as gracious and as loving with your son Dezmond and with all the other soldiers that are out there now and that will be there later as HE was with me.

Bless the LORD.