Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Please, Pray For My Son"

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ducksafloat.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
Clarkston, Michigan
United States
Member #76
January 6, 2002
8528 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2006, 10:19 am - IP Logged

I offer you my sentiments and my prayers.  My son was an Army Lieutenant and there wasn't a day that went by that I did not have an upset stomach and my "daily" talks with God.  It is one of the most awful things in life to have a child you cannot protect.  We are trained in our mind to protect them no matter how old they are.  I have learned not to listen to "everything will be fine", because often things do not turn out the way we wish.......only God knows what will happen and His reasons for doing so.  I hope your son gets out of this okay.  I will pray that will happen.

Look at the quote underneath my signature..........a friend sent that quote to me via email......we all have our crisis to deal with......we can only hope our faith in God sustains......faith in Him that he knows what is the right thing for us.

Remember the journalist.........she came out okay.....Group prayer does wonders......I was in a bypass surgery 5 years ago........50-50 were the odds........14 hours in the surgery............BUT I had something more special than the wonderful doctor who performed the surgery.............I had EVERYONE praying for me.  My mom called her sisters and brothers (11 of them) and had their churches pray for me in Sunday services.....My mom called every one of her friends to do the same.  THE POWER of PRAYER is awesome!!!!!  Also a mother's love is something we must never take for granted.  God's love and a mother's love...the greatest loves of all.

Sandy

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
    Wentzville, Missouri
    United States
    Member #2243
    September 4, 2003
    8489 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2006, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Oh yes SandyK,

I remember the journalist you wrote about!  It was so overwhelming to me that day that I "Blogged It!" and I believe what you say is absoloute.  Group prayer is an awesome thing.  I know that as my day began and I ended up here and saw all the prayers and support offered in this thread that those prayers that I had not yet even read is exactly what I was standing on.  I like the quote and thank you so very, very much! 

Prayers are so powerful, and even more powerful is the movement of love that I feel throughout this thread!

Thank you!

PaTrice

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
    Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
      Clarkston, Michigan
      United States
      Member #76
      January 6, 2002
      8528 Posts
      Posted: May 6, 2006, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

you have an unusual name....Patrice.......that is my sister's name....lol....

Sandy

United States
        Member #38807
        May 5, 2006
        34 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2006, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

God bless your son and all of the Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen.

libra's avatar - chi
          Cleveland , Ohio
          United States
          Member #961
          December 27, 2002
          43616 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2006, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Our Thoughts and Prayers are with all the Troops in the Conflict overseas.

Libra Dave 

West Los Angeles
            United States
            Member #15218
            May 11, 2005
            24 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2006, 12:56 am - IP Logged

God Bless You Ducksafloat, and your Son, you have my prayers, my Son got back from Baghdad Saturday 2 weeks ago, Prayers do help, Just Picture your son in your minds eye and recite the Psalms 23.  It helps.

God Bless All Our Troops and Each one of You.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2006, 2:42 am - IP Logged

Daily we pray for all our troops stationed everywhere all over the world and their families.  We write and send care packages to the men and women who are giving their all for the rest of us. Blue Angel Rest assured that many prayers are going up.  Believe that HE is and HE will, according to His will in the name of His Son Jesus---AMEN!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2006, 3:23 am - IP Logged

I can't really add anything that hasn't already been posted, but I wanted to let you know I am sending you my thoughts, prayers and hugs and hope that, in some way, you find comfort in knowing that even a stranger can care and close her eyes, lift up her hands and ask for love and guidance during such troubled times. Imagine the power when thousands of us are using that positive energy, and suddenly the word stranger has little meaning. Peace, friends. ~ Nancy

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
                  Wentzville, Missouri
                  United States
                  Member #2243
                  September 4, 2003
                  8489 Posts
                  Posted: May 8, 2006, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Is this the place to be or is this the place to be.  Shortly after I logged on today, Dezmond, was signing in.  We just left the chat room.  That was the longest time we'd ever been in the chat room together.  He told me that he read the email I sent him with all of your prayers.  He said, "Ma, that brought me and my whole unit to tears!"  People that don't even know us, praying for us like that!  I am just speechless to the reality of care and concern."  He asked me to tell you guys, that it is people like you who make him proud to be an American Soldier!  He also asked me to give the lot of you a big thank you for craddling his mother!  "A VERY BIG THANK YOU!"  Libra Dave sent me a personal email and one part of that email that I want to share said, "If God Brings You To It, He Will Bring You Through It!"  I just stared at that one line for a very long time and once again, I was reminded of God's grace in my life.  I must tell you, my heart again is toooo full.  I got a PM from Jorli that moved me to no end.  The line that stood out for me said, "I just asked God to supply you with whatever you needed."  Little did she know, that once I signed on to the post, Swiftly God began to supply exactly what I needed, which was to hear from my son and be reminded of a few things, God wal already answering Jorli's prayers for me and no doubt the rest of you's, but it didn't stop there, drumslinger reminds me about the very prayers that I count upon! Tells me to read the passage 23rd Psalm, which I have been stuck in lately!  mylollipop is already in action sending care packages and to top all that off justexploring says, "I can't really add anything that hasn't already been posted, but I wanted to let you know I am sending you my thoughts, prayers and hugs and hope that, in some way, you find comfort in knowing that even a stranger can care and close her eyes, lift up her hands and ask for love and guidance during such troubled times. Imagine the power when thousands of us are using that positive energy, and suddenly the word stranger has little meaning. Peace, friends. ~ Nancy

Well, Nancy, let me tell you, that's a plenty! 

Oh, how my heart does swell!  Often I have felt like, "Where else could I go if not "The Lottery Post!"  I am sooooo grateful to be in all of your company.  I do so, love the lot of you's!   

Feeling Way 2-Much Love, PaTrice 

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
                  Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim