Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Please, Pray For My Son"

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ducksafloat.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
Georgia
United States
Member #1039
January 15, 2003
260 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2006, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Wow Patrice, That was really a touching post.  Guess I am going to have to stop reading my Lottery Post while I am at work. ;-) 

My God keep your son and return him home to his treasure of a daughter and family soon.  I have a daughter 5 and can't stand to be away from her for a day, let alone weeks or month.

God Bless and Thank your son and all that have sacrificed their time and spirits to make this world a better place for us.

John - LA

savannah, ga
    United States
    Member #37345
    April 13, 2006
    342 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2006, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Imagine a white light surrounding your son. Ask his angel to watch over him and ask your angel to watch over you. Have faith, he will return to you joyful and full of heartwarming stories.

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
      philadelphia,PA
      United States
      Member #27080
      November 26, 2005
      507 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2006, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Praying that your son has a safe return.  I thank him for serving his country.  Keep the faith!  All will be well.

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2006, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, so I echo all the previous sentiments... 

My son is in the United States Navy, and even though he is not in harm's way, I understand your concerns and I want you to know I am thinking of you.

I am proud he is serving his country and I am thinking of all our sons and daughters on the four corners of this earth standing watch so we all can be free.... 

DD

idnts701's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
          Pooler, GA
          United States
          Member #5582
          July 12, 2004
          387 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2006, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I have a daughter in the U.S. Air Force and not in harms way at this time. However, she just returned from Iraq about two months ago and I too was on edge the entire 1-1/2 years she was there, but God watched over and protected her, and brought her home safe. If you believe, God will prevail and I believe he will prevail with your son and bring him home safe.
             Sending prayers to the "HIGHER POWER" for your son's safe return and happy reunion with his family and friends.....

Norfolk, VA
            United States
            Member #21485
            September 10, 2005
            440 Posts
            Posted: May 3, 2006, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Hello, my heart goes out for you and your family.  Please know that God is in control of everything.  Your son has God's love and light around him and his family as well.  See the fact that you pray and believe in God you know that your son is in Gods hands.  Whatever you are worrying about please give it to God immediately so that you can have peace.  God has assigned his special angels to look after your son.  It is so hard having loved ones over there fighting.  My husband is also in the military so I understand your worries and hear your cry.  As I read your letter it really touched me because no one knows how difficult it is to have someone gone and not know if they are sick, in need of rest, or just plain tired and want to come home.  Your husband is a solider and he is doing a wonderful job to keep us safe here and I just want to say to you thank you as a mother and as a women who cares for the life of other people because he is working his butt off to keep us safe and God is going to take care of him for that.  May God be with you and your family and know he is protected and cared for by his guardian angels and keep the faith and know he will be home soon and tell yourself all day that God I believe in you, and I know that you are our protector.  Bless you and have a bless day.

Chella

chevelle's avatar - Lottery-005.jpg

Bahamas
              Member #4401
              April 21, 2004
              2906 Posts
              Posted: May 3, 2006, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

prayers for you and your family.

Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #20
                December 20, 2000
                56970 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2006, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Our prayers and thoughts go out to you and your loved ones...The support you have with all the prayers will bring your son home safely...

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
                  rainbow lake
                  Canada
                  Member #25177
                  November 2, 2005
                  10764 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2006, 8:41 am - IP Logged

God Bless

nanmaxsplace's avatar - anglewings
                    TN
                    United States
                    Member #5094
                    June 16, 2004
                    1778 Posts
                    Posted: May 4, 2006, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Dear Lord watch over Ducks son and all our service men and women . 

North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #4313
                      April 11, 2004
                      2389 Posts
                      Posted: May 4, 2006, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Duck...your post was awe inspiring...very well written! God is in control - believe, and it will be! I'll pray for your son and all our brave soldiers. Keep the faith!...and stay strong!

Gentlespirit
                      'Be Loving and Peaceful'Blue Angel

misssally's avatar - Trek COMUNCTR.gif
                        Decatur, Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #4705
                        May 18, 2004
                        331 Posts
                        Posted: May 4, 2006, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Lord we pray that leaders and rulers of the world will find more responsible ways of settling disputes than senseless wars, so that our children do not have to die on foreign fields. In the meantime we ask that you protect our servicemen and servicewomen and bring them home as soon as possible.

We also prayer for the Iraqi people that they will discover peaceful means of settling their problems so that our soldiers can return home soon.

Finally we pray for those fighting our soldiers thinking they are the enemy. We ask you to give us the Christian attitude to love even those we consider our enemies.

Bless our soldiers again and keep them safe.

Amen.

Amen.

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
                          Wentzville, Missouri
                          United States
                          Member #2243
                          September 4, 2003
                          8495 Posts
                          Posted: May 6, 2006, 8:24 am - IP Logged

Last night I fell asleep praying for Dezmond and all other service members.  This morning I awakened with Dezmond heavy upon my heart.  Oh, I miss him so.  I set on the edge of the bed and I wept for him and all the other service members.  Then I got down to the business of prayer

After praying, I decided that it was time to check out the "Lottery Post"  In this very moment, it is diffuclt for me to say, "Thank All of you for your prayers and support.  As I read through this thread, I wept more.  I wept because of your kindness, and the time that you's took to offer up prayer and encouragement!  I pray that the lot of you understand, your prayers and encouragement mean "Everything" to me.  I took your names and prayers and forwarded them to Dezmond and asked him to share them with the other service members, sorry I didn't ask you's first, but I guess I was being selfish again and so caught up in the moment of a belief that the prayers would carry them. 

It seems that "Thank You" is just not enough!  My heart is filled with such joy from your prayers that I feel over-taken with a personal "Smile From God!"  How hard it is to express an emotion that overwhelms you. Tears flow freely down my cheeks as I consider what I've read.  I am so blessed to be in the company of all you great, wonderful and thoughtful people.  I pray that you know, you have given unto me, "A Smile From God!" and I thank you ever-so much!  I am so glad that prayer is universal!  I pray that God would bless, protect, carry and cover the lot of you's!" 

With An Ever-Filled Heart, So very much, I Thank You All!

PaTrice

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
                          Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
                            E-Town,Ky
                            United States
                            Member #3493
                            January 25, 2004
                            6348 Posts
                            Posted: May 6, 2006, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family,May God watch over your son and bring him home safely to his family,you are one of my special friends and our prayers are always there for you.

Saleo Paleo    

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
                              Wentzville, Missouri
                              United States
                              Member #2243
                              September 4, 2003
                              8495 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2006, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family,May God watch over your son and bring him home safely to his family,you are one of my special friends and our prayers are always there for you.

Now Sal,

Why you do that? I just finished laughing at LOTTOMIKE, a.k.a

(Straight-Shooter)  Now 'um moved to tears all over again!  I love ya' man!LoviesI fear before the day's end, my heart will burst from all the love I feel, I can barely contain it!  Always, is a very long time for your prayers to be with me and for me.  Thank You!

PaTrice

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
                              Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim