Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LP members and lottery beliefs

Topic closed. 102 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

Do you believe the lotteries can be beaten by any method other than luck?

No. It's all luck. [ 30 ]  [28.57%]
No, but some systems can help. [ 17 ]  [16.19%]
Yes. By some 'metaphysical' means. [ 3 ]  [2.86%]
Yes, by a combination of statistics and luck. [ 21 ]  [20.00%]
Yes, by studying patterns. [ 16 ]  [15.24%]
Yes, by something they call mystical, but isn't. [ 3 ]  [2.86%]
Yes, by hard work and study. [ 11 ]  [10.48%]
No, by hard work and study. [ 1 ]  [0.95%]
Yes, by buying a lot of computer programs. [ 2 ]  [1.90%]
No, by buying a lot of computer programs. [ 1 ]  [0.95%]
Total Valid Votes [ 105 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 13 ]  
Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
Member #26882
November 23, 2005
1404 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2006, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Yes, by something they call mystical, but isn't

What is that supposed to mean?

If something is mystical then it is mystical so how could it not be? Just asking your logic on that one.

Thanks

Clair:

The key word is 'call' mystical.

Remote viewing, for instance, might be something they call mystical, but isn't, since it's reportedly been a piece of an organized government program involving training, methodology and acquired skills.

RV wasn't what I had in mind, but a lot of things in this reality get filed under 'mystical', metaphysical, etc., that probably won't be thought such when there's sufficient understanding of them to allow the scientific community to study them without being tainted.

If something is mystical then it is mystical so how could it not be?

Something you call mystical might well not be mystical for others who understand more about it.  But a person attempting to communicate anything to you about it would have to begin with your assumptions in order to form a foundation for any kind of communication.

Jack

Jack,

Sorry my friend but the question is in narrative form! And seeing you as being the Author, is why I asked for your logic of the narrative!

When written in such form, Jack, it can confuse and manipulate any reader's impression, not just my own.

You worded the question as something "They" call mystical. Well who is they? Scientists, farmers, construction workers, or plumbers?

You could of stopped at the explanation of your logic behind the question. You did not need to insult my intelligence or understanding of the word "Mystical", nor that I go around making assumptions. I understand and know quite well the meaning. I have been in the mystical realm all my years, and therefore one would think I know it well, which is why I asked!

Thanks!

You could of stopped at the explanation of your logic behind the question. You did not need to insult my intelligence or understanding of the word "Mystical", nor that I go around making assumptions. I understand and know quite well the meaning. I have been in the mystical realm all my years, and therefore one would think I know it well, which is why I asked!

Clair:

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry to see I didn't answer to your satisfaction.  I gave it an honest shot.

I don't recall mentioning intelligence in my reply.  I don't consider intelligence praiseworthy, nor the lack of it a matter for condemnation.  Given that viewpoint I hold, I could hardly insult yours.

I confess innocence on all counts.  You'll need to live with that or use your block feature.

J

Jack,

I feel no need to block anyone at LP as everyone has the right to express his or her thoughts regardless! You and I may clash at times, and thus is because we are both strong people, strong minded and strong willed! Just for your records, when you talk of a persons understanding of a particular subject, in my opinion, it coincides with their intelligence of that particular subject.

Now speaking of science and the lottery. I do not feel science has anything to do with lottery nor with the mystical realm. Most medical scientists cannot figure out a simple cure for a disease! Take the disease I had labeled orphan with no know cause or cure. Myself at the time being an overweight housewife with the disease several years later through divine intervention and study not only cured from the incurable disease but also now teaches and has help thousands of other suffers do the same. If science was so brilliant why have they not been able to do now, as of yet, what I have already done years ago? It is in my opinion of the closed minds they have. The same would apply to lottery and science in my opinion. And I am speaking of all areas of science not just of medical, as I was using medical as an example.

Any of the lotteries, in my opinion, have nothing to do with science nor does it have to do with pure luck, as it was not pure luck that I cured from an incurable disease. Again hard work, study and divine intervention had to do with it. In any cause with lottery as well you have to buy the ticket to have a win. So you had to do something to win. Pure luck would be someone winning that did not even buy a ticket! Now that would be pure Luck! LOL. I think the term luck is taken different ways by all people.

It is in my opinion that the Universe chooses the winners! Some people choose to use systems with success and I have done so as well with pick 3, however I do rely more on pre-sight than anything. For example, I won 1054.00 on the last super 6 draw by picking 4 out of 6 correct and it was not a quick pick it was done not buy luck and not through a system but done by 2 clairvoyant people including myself. So in my experience playing, of course, I am going to say that lottery is won by mystical means rather than luck or anything else.

You may agree with me or you may not. As long as we can agree that you and I disagree I see no problems.

Peace and Out

United States
    Member #10720
    January 23, 2005
    933 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2006, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

A perfect system would only require ONE ticket (or the same number played multiple times). I didn't win often until I made a program. Some drawings i.e. computerized ones are very hard to systemize and others fall into faint patterns that can be teased out with certain algorithms.

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2006, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

A perfect system wouldn't need a system.

It would just be.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2006, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Yes, by something they call mystical, but isn't

What is that supposed to mean?

If something is mystical then it is mystical so how could it not be? Just asking your logic on that one.

Thanks

Clair:

The key word is 'call' mystical.

Remote viewing, for instance, might be something they call mystical, but isn't, since it's reportedly been a piece of an organized government program involving training, methodology and acquired skills.

RV wasn't what I had in mind, but a lot of things in this reality get filed under 'mystical', metaphysical, etc., that probably won't be thought such when there's sufficient understanding of them to allow the scientific community to study them without being tainted.

If something is mystical then it is mystical so how could it not be?

Something you call mystical might well not be mystical for others who understand more about it.  But a person attempting to communicate anything to you about it would have to begin with your assumptions in order to form a foundation for any kind of communication.

Jack

Jack,

Sorry my friend but the question is in narrative form! And seeing you as being the Author, is why I asked for your logic of the narrative!

When written in such form, Jack, it can confuse and manipulate any reader's impression, not just my own.

You worded the question as something "They" call mystical. Well who is they? Scientists, farmers, construction workers, or plumbers?

Thanks!

Clair:

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry to see I didn't answer to your satisfaction.  I gave it an honest shot.

I don't recall mentioning intelligence in my reply.  I don't consider intelligence praiseworthy, nor the lack of it a matter for condemnation.  Given that viewpoint I hold, I could hardly insult yours.

I confess innocence on all counts.  You'll need to live with that or use your block feature.

J

Jack,

I feel no need to block anyone at LP as everyone has the right to express his or her thoughts regardless! You and I may clash at times, and thus is because we are both strong people, strong minded and strong willed! Just for your records, when you talk of a persons understanding of a particular subject, in my opinion, it coincides with their intelligence of that particular subject.

Now speaking of science and the lottery. I do not feel science has anything to do with lottery nor with the mystical realm. Most medical scientists cannot figure out a simple cure for a disease! Take the disease I had labeled orphan with no know cause or cure. Myself at the time being an overweight housewife with the disease several years later through divine intervention and study not only cured from the incurable disease but also now teaches and has help thousands of other suffers do the same. If science was so brilliant why have they not been able to do now, as of yet, what I have already done years ago? It is in my opinion of the closed minds they have. The same would apply to lottery and science in my opinion. And I am speaking of all areas of science not just of medical, as I was using medical as an example.

Any of the lotteries, in my opinion, have nothing to do with science nor does it have to do with pure luck, as it was not pure luck that I cured from an incurable disease. Again hard work, study and divine intervention had to do with it. In any cause with lottery as well you have to buy the ticket to have a win. So you had to do something to win. Pure luck would be someone winning that did not even buy a ticket! Now that would be pure Luck! LOL. I think the term luck is taken different ways by all people.

It is in my opinion that the Universe chooses the winners! Some people choose to use systems with success and I have done so as well with pick 3, however I do rely more on pre-sight than anything. For example, I won 1054.00 on the last super 6 draw by picking 4 out of 6 correct and it was not a quick pick it was done not buy luck and not through a system but done by 2 clairvoyant people including myself. So in my experience playing, of course, I am going to say that lottery is won by mystical means rather than luck or anything else.

You may agree with me or you may not. As long as we can agree that you and I disagree I see no problems.

Peace and Out

Clair:

Disagreeing with you seems more trouble than I can muster where you're concerned.  Let's just pretend we agree.  At least I will.  You feel free to disagree all you wish.

I'll feel free to not bother.  A lot of things in this life just ain't worth the energy required.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2006, 11:31 am - IP Logged

"The big difference between creating a lottery beating system and creating a heavier-than-air craft that flies is that the wright's experiments could be reproduced. Flight could be achieved again and again. It could now be not only fully explained by mathematics and physics, but performance can be predicted with high levels of accuracy. If flying today yielded the same attempt-to-success ratio of even the best current lottery system, nobody would fly! Each leap forward built on the others. We don't even have a valid example of a generic prediction formula with which to start from."-hypersoniq

True, the Wright's brother experiments could be reproduced but more importantly reproducing them could make them rich.  All lottery have a fixed number of combinations and playing all the possible combinations will get you a winner but by design you'll win less than you spend.  Lotteries are designed to make money for the states and they have done that again and again and it can be fully explained by mathematics.  The generic prediction formula is playing a list of all possible combinations, now all that's left to be done is reducing that list to an affordable amount without removing the winning combination ,that's what system players are trying to do. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #3676
            February 10, 2004
            425 Posts
            Posted: June 12, 2006, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Games that pay back at best 60% CANNOT be beat in long run with out luck. Bottom line.

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
              Member #567
              August 14, 2002
              484 Posts
              Posted: June 12, 2006, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

LottoVantage,

As a premium member, if you had reduced those 61 lines to 50 and posted them on the prediction board, you might be proof that someone had a system that could pick 5of5 more than once and the 5of5 win for $100,000 would have made you the top predictor.  As far as I know, no one has ever posted a 5of5 for any game.  Good luck to you.

A few years ago, here on Lottery Post, there was a LP post member (EZ Money) who won $100,000 playing powerball by matching the white balls, but that was a quick pick ticket.  He emailed Todd a scanned picture of the ticket and Todd showed the ticket for everyone to see.  That was the most anyone won on LP, and it was a quick pick.  I think that he posted on here a couple years back and said that he would go to graduate school, but he hasn't posted on here since then.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                United States
                Member #19651
                August 3, 2005
                621 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2006, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

luck

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2006, 12:16 am - IP Logged
                  Systems don't work, and it's all luck??? The page below is an archived record of the drawing for Ohio Rolling Cash 5 conducted on March 16, 2006. Granted, jackpot numbers don't appear as often as 2nd and 3rd tier prizes, but nevertheless, it does happen. It's up to the individual to take advantage of the opportunity when it occurs. In this case I filtered this set of numbers further, using sum filtering, down to 8 sets of numbers and won $35.00. These numbers were produced using my personal system. Now, were these numbers generated through a system, or just pure luck?

Page 1

Numbers Drawn: 11 17 30 31 32Hurray!

Check for Winning Tickets (39-20-Oh-061.tic) with drawing on 3/16/2006

00001. 02 06 33 34 39 (0)

00002. 02 11 27 38 39 (1)

00003. 02 11 32 33 38 (2)

00004. 02 12 27 31 38 (1)

00005. 02 12 27 33 39 (0)

00006. 02 14 28 33 34 (0)

00007. 02 14 31 33 39 (1)

00008. 02 17 28 32 38 (2)

00009. 02 19 21 33 38 (0)

00010. 02 19 27 31 34 (1)

00011. 02 19 28 30 34 (1)

00012. 02 19 30 31 32 (3)

00013. 03 04 31 33 39 (1)

00014. 03 11 28 31 38 (2)

00015. 03 11 31 32 33 (3)

00016. 03 12 27 30 39 (1)

00017. 03 12 27 33 38 (0)

00018. 03 12 32 34 39 (1)

00019. 03 14 24 31 38 (1)

00020. 03 14 27 31 39 (1)

00021. 03 14 30 31 32 (3)   

00022. 03 17 21 38 39 (1)

00023. 03 17 24 32 39 (2)

00024. 03 19 28 33 38 (0)

00025. 04 11 24 32 39 (2)

00026. 04 11 31 34 39 (2)

00027. 04 12 27 28 39 (0)

00028. 04 12 27 33 38 (0)   

00029. 04 12 28 32 38 (1)   

00030. 04 14 21 32 39 (1)   

00031. 04 14 24 34 38 (0)   

00032. 04 14 28 32 33 (1)   

00033. 04 17 21 33 39 (1)   

00034. 04 17 24 28 38 (1)   

00035. 04 17 30 32 34 (3)   

00036. 04 19 27 30 39 (1)   

00037. 06 11 30 31 38 (3)   

00038. 06 12 31 32 39 (2)   

00039. 06 14 27 28 38 (0)   

00040. 06 14 30 33 38 (1)   

00041. 06 17 27 32 34 (2)   

00042. 06 17 30 31 33 (3)   

00043. 06 17 30 33 34 (2)   

00044. 06 19 24 27 39 (0)

00045. 06 19 24 31 38 (1)

00046. 06 19 27 28 31 (1)

00047. 06 19 28 33 34 (0)

00048. 11 12 21 34 39 (1)

00049. 11 14 24 30 32 (3)

00050. 11 14 27 28 30 (2)

00051. 11 17 30 31 32 (5)See Ya!

00052. 11 19 21 27 32 (2)

00053. 11 19 21 31 39 (2)

00054. 11 19 24 31 34 (2)

00055. 12 17 21 30 38 (2)

00056. 12 17 21 31 32 (3)

00057. 12 17 27 31 34 (2)

00058. 12 17 28 30 32 (3)

00059. 12 19 21 27 34 (0)

00060. 12 19 27 28 32 (1)

00061. 14 17 27 28 31 (2)

Summary:

Match 5: 1

Match 4: 0

Match 3: 9

Match 2:16

Match 1:22

Match 0:13

When you're able to accurately predict, because of number trend analysis, that the sum range is going to fall between 114 & 118 total sum, and because of the ability to predict upper/lower tier trend analysis, and the winning numbers follow these predicted trends, I'd say you're "whole hill of beans" is total hogwash, and "luck" needs to get a job and find out what hard work is.

LottoVantage:

You and I agree someone's going to figure out how to win jackpot games.  Of the people who posted on this thread, you stand a 100 percent better chance of doing it than any of those who don't believe it can be done.

It mightn't be you, mightn't be anyone on LP.  But if it gets done it will be done by someone who believes he/she can do it.

As for all those who aren't going to do it because they can't believe they can, they'll probably never know they were wrong.  Which will allow them to go on not believing it can be done.

The value of a 'decent respect for the opinions of mankind' measured itself on the ground at Kitty Hawk. 

Maybe there's not a similarity between the two hmmmm projects, goals, quests.  But there's one for sure similarity:

The people who, by hindsight, assure us the two are too different to compare wouldn't have been among those who believed heavier than air flight could happen, either.  Not until someone did it.

But after it happened, they'd forget they didn't know everthing they thought they knew.  They'd just incorporate the hindsight into all the other stuff they know now, which is pretty much everything, including all the stuff they know can't be done (except by someone else).

I wish you a lot of luck, LottoVantage.  I hope you get to be one of the folks who discovers how do do it.  But if you do, I also hope you won't rub the noses of all these people in it by telling them.  Let them keep feeling good about themselves the easy way.  You'll be a bigger person for it.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2006, 12:28 am - IP Logged

"That was the most anyone won on LP"

We don't know that for sure.  Not everyone is eager to share that information online.  Maybe I'm a dreamer or just plain stupid, but I'd like to believe in the possibility.

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
                      Southeastern Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #13850
                      April 16, 2005
                      783 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2006, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Your probably right Jack, some of these folks on here wouldn't believe it if they were handed the winning ticket. And, if I won a big one, it wouldn't be such a big deal to me as to rub the noses of anyone here at LP. I've tried to show a new way of acquiring winning numbers by following a proven easy system, but it isn't difficult enough as to generate any interest, only a slap at everything else that is and isn't.

I wish you the best in all your endeavors also,

LottoVantage

United States
                        Member #1826
                        July 11, 2003
                        2645 Posts
                        Posted: June 13, 2006, 3:52 am - IP Logged

I assume by beat you mean winning a jackpot, and my vote is no. Systems can help you get a few more matches, but not many more. It's still mostly luck. My best advice is to go with what has given you the best results. If you win more with picking your own numbers, do that. If quick picks have been luckier for you, do that. It's pretty simple.

(insert signature here)

Southeastern Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #13850
                          April 16, 2005
                          783 Posts
                          Posted: June 16, 2006, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I assume by beat you mean winning a jackpot, and my vote is no. Systems can help you get a few more matches, but not many more. It's still mostly luck. My best advice is to go with what has given you the best results. If you win more with picking your own numbers, do that. If quick picks have been luckier for you, do that. It's pretty simple.

What I mean by "beat'n the odd's" is to contrive a system that alerts you when the time is favorable for wagering bets, and then delivers the correct numbers to wager the very next drawing for at least a 2nd tier prize, or even possibly, the jackpot prize. I dissagree that it is "mostly luck", but will agree that a "little luck" and a solid statistical based system is all that is necessary to "git er' done".

Today I am following this notion by posting numbers for the Ohio Rolling Cash 5 drawing utilizing information provided on "LottoVantage's BLOG". If I have good numbers this drawing, it will be great, if not, then probably the lottery pool went dormant and I will have to wait for the lottery pool to return to a chaotic condition before trying again. Either way, if I fail to produce a substantual win, then the timing is off, and if I do produce a substantual win, then the system produced as expected and luck has little or nothing to do with it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: June 16, 2006, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Anytime the Ohio RC5 (5/39) jackpot is over $300K is a good time to play.  I'm putting $10 on it too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Southeastern Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #13850
                              April 16, 2005
                              783 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2006, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I wish you well, RJOH! We'll just have to see what happens, won't we?