Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

dog racing

Topic closed. 64 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jarasan.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2006, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Racing Pigs thats cool

Another good idea, Fxsterling.  It would add a whole new dimension to the term "mudders".  Rainy weather wouldn't be an issue and we could have the backwards-running skunk chasing them.

Get on it, Mike!  There's money to made in pork futures!

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: August 20, 2006, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Racing Pigs thats cool

Good idea fxsterling.

They've a long tradition of a variation on that in rodeo in the southwest.  Greased pig racing. 

They cover a pig with bearing grease and turn him loose with a prize tied to his tail in one method.  The other requires someone to actually catch the pig and carry it to a particular spot.

Usually all the men of a certain age in towns where they did it participated unless they could find a good excuse not to.

Lousy participation sport, but a good one for watching.  Most of us figured out early that walking around the fairground afterward covered with grease, sweat, cow manure and dirt didn't add to the after-rodeo amusement.

Great idea pigs competing with just pigs, though.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2006, 7:29 am - IP Logged

Mike,

You gotta keep Skeeter in the Chihuahua races...can't let him race against the big boys...keep him in his own class.

I was watching my cats chasing each other this morning.  The trailer is usually no more than a length behind the leader and the lead changes regularly to keep a bettor interested.  A little catnip got the race started.

Anyhow, I got to thinking...there's no fun watching dogs chase a mechanical rabbit on a rail.  So I have this idea that you and Jimmy Sand should work on.  Inter-Breed Simultaneous Racing and Wagering.

Cats and dogs racing each other at the same time.  Five cats in a starting gate five feet ahead of the chihuahuas.  The bettor has two options...the first cat to cross the finish line or the first dog to sniff the bee-hind of the trailing cat.  4-1 odds on either bet.

What do you think? 

i think what we're gonna do at this point is get a few of skeeters buddies around the hood all together in one spot.then we gonna charge two dollars to get into the festivities.next we will issue all of them sweaters with numbers on the outside of them where you can tell each one apart and bet on them.i'll then place my bets at the "window" for skeeter to win the race.right before he races i'll put some red dog energy drink in his water bowl and that should do the trick.once i've fleeced the neighbors of all their cash i'll then reward skeeter with a new toy of his choice.yep.we will make the 'ol dreaded trip to petco and he'll roam the aisles looking for that special toy thats outrageously expensive.he'll then pout until he gets it.he ended up with a girlfriend one time using this same method.needless to say the girlfriend had to go once i come home and my apartment was half destroyed,lol.he was heartbroken but he got over it.after he wins the race i'll expect he'll probably retire with his perfect record intact.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2006, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Mike, c'mon...you know they do testing for performance enhancing products at the chihuahua races.  I think Red Dog's on the list.  You'd better check with the NCRA first.  (The National Chihuahua Racing Association).

Besides, I think Skeeter could take them on his own accord.  I'd bet on him. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2006, 12:20 am - IP Logged

I used to live in GA. in the eighties. We would drive to Dothan Alabama to the dog races; all in all it was fun bettin' on the dogs, but what I remember most vividly was, one time, around the 5th race, the crowd out on the paddock, down in front, getting stirred up and ducking down, 'cause some crazy across the track decided to discharge their firearm.  The incredible thing was, no one was hurt, no one ran away, and the races kept going,  no big deal, didn't even make the evening news.  I believe these dog racing fans are probably the Americans the terrorists are most afraid of,  and I am proud of to have associated with these Alabama Dog Racing fans and I miss living in the South.  LOL.

jarasan