Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 6:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fixed Lotteries

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CCHS13.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Are the lotteries fixed?

some [ 31 ]  [31.96%]
some [ 20 ]  [20.62%]
no, they don't need to [ 34 ]  [35.05%]
Mossad [ 5 ]  [5.15%]
only in California [ 7 ]  [7.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 97 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10537 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2006, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't that about the Pennsylvania pick 3 and one of the workers weighing the balls down for the draw?

alohachief's avatar - animal duck.jpg
    Phuket
    Thailand
    Member #45808
    August 28, 2006
    5 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2006, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Are the games fixed! have you look at the odds, but there still a chance thats the fun part.

Aloha

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8577 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2006, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

if they were fixed you'd never know it you couldn't prove it and you couldn't do anything about it.

State lotteries don't need to fix their games.

this topic has been hashed to death here on lottery post in the past
      today's ball drawings have almost as much security going on behind the scenes as they do in a bank vault. If you are concerned about your states lottery drawing why not pay them a visit and take the tour most states allow you to view the drawing and procedures you can get a first hand view of the whole deal. It takes about 4 hrs to set up the midday draws and another couple hrs for the evening drawing. In fact all drawings go through rigorous procedures before the actual drawing takes place.

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
        Member #45802
        August 28, 2006
        335 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2006, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

if they were fixed you'd never know it you couldn't prove it and you couldn't do anything about it.

State lotteries don't need to fix their games.

this topic has been hashed to death here on lottery post in the past
        today's ball drawings have almost as much security going on behind the scenes as they do in a bank vault. If you are concerned about your states lottery drawing why not pay them a visit and take the tour most states allow you to view the drawing and procedures you can get a first hand view of the whole deal. It takes about 4 hrs to set up the midday draws and another couple hrs for the evening drawing. In fact all drawings go through rigorous procedures before the actual drawing takes place.

four4me:

I totally agree, what would be the point in fixing them.  With a 22.5 million to one odds to win the big one in Florida how much more against you could the odds get.  After all they have to award the top prize to someone.

Obviousoly, the other games have much lower odds but are still tough.

Now if you want to talk about fixed look at on line poker.  It is easy to play several hands at the same time on several computers from the same premise.  Don't you think if you had control of 4 or 5 of the 8 hands dealt at a particular site  you would have some impact on the outcome of the game.  Yeah yeah you would.  Many on-line poker stars admit they play several computers at the same time.  What they don't tell you is that it is the same game.

Just an opinion folks.

Floridian   

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          8344 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2006, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't that about the Pennsylvania pick 3 and one of the workers weighing the balls down for the draw?

Yes, Coin Toss, except it was the regular jackpot game, and yes, they stole the balls and injected them with something to weigh them down. I think I'll take a look on the internet because I forgot the details but that's the jist of it. 

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2006, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Someone said: "today's ball drawings have almost as much security going on behind the scenes as they do in a bank vault"

I totally agree with them on that..It wouldn't surprise me if they kept the machine in a bank vault...

Yes games like Powerball that are 150 something million odds don't need to fix what plays...But i do get paranoid...Very few times it has cross my mind whether the games are fixed..But what to hear something crazy?Sometimes i get the feeling that they do the following..Sometimes i've wonder if they play the machine over and over until certain number comes up (for pick3, pick4 and pick5)...Technically they couldn't do it for pick5, but i wonder because when i look at the results for pick5 i see weird results that shouldn't happened, I've seen them on Mega M and fl mega money...

"...If you think about it, the stock market and taxes are a form of lottery..."

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8577 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2006, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

pumpi wrote;

Sometimes i get the feeling that they do the following..Sometimes i've wonder if they play the machine over and over until certain number comes up (for pick3, pick4 and pick5)...

And this is where it can get weird how do we know were seeing the real drawing or a pre determined drawing like when the are testing the balls and machines a pre draw could easily be recorded to suite them and when they go on air put the drawing of their choice as live..

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: September 13, 2006, 2:03 am - IP Logged

pumpi wrote;

Sometimes i get the feeling that they do the following..Sometimes i've wonder if they play the machine over and over until certain number comes up (for pick3, pick4 and pick5)...

And this is where it can get weird how do we know were seeing the real drawing or a pre determined drawing like when the are testing the balls and machines a pre draw could easily be recorded to suite them and when they go on air put the drawing of their choice as live..

I've also wondered about that, but I don't see why the states need to be dishonest when the odds are so high in the first place (think Floridian said this on the first page)

I also realize why they need to continually test the balls, but the whole idea of a pre-draw bothers me.  If after all these years suddenly it's "my turn" and that one in a lifetime draw is discarded, thank goodness I'll never know about it, but it still makes me wonder. That said, they could just as easily throw out another player's numbers and mine will be the next 6 picked! 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10537 Posts
                  Posted: September 13, 2006, 2:34 am - IP Logged

WGN Chicago shows the Illinois drawing every night at 9:22.

Despite pre-testing and checking the equipment, there's been several times during the live drawing -  that a ball gets stuck and never shows, or in the case of Little Lotto or Lotto, none of the balls release - the TV then goes to "Due to technical difficulties ...."

Sure makes you wonder. 

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                    Detroit, MI
                    United States
                    Member #43946
                    July 27, 2006
                    365 Posts
                    Posted: September 13, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I've seen this kinda of post a few times but this perticular one does make me wonder. I never thought about if they only show the drawing the want aired on the t.v and showcase it as live...but still I have no reason to believe that lottories cheat.

The odds are really against everyone that plays but for some one to have pulled that lucky straw, what real reason would the state have to prevent one out of thousands of people to see a hit? The money and tax they lose from the lotto is nothing I don't think compared to the money they have raking in...

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

NASHVILLE, TENN
                      United States
                      Member #33372
                      February 20, 2006
                      1044 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2006, 2:38 am - IP Logged

Are Lottories fixed?  Yes, to an extent they are.

I have been watching the televised Cash 5 drawings for the last several weeks.  I realized one disturbing fact after the eight or ninth drawing.

The machines are pre-loaded.  By this I mean the balls are lined up vertically against the back wall.  When the machine is turned on, the balls drop to the bottom of the bubble gum machine.

I would like the know the order in which the balls are pre-loaded into the machine before they drop to the bottom.  I believe this order determines what balls will be drawn.  Do the lotto people have an order?  Do they know which positions in the vertical order come out more often than not?  If so, then they can manipulate which balls will come forth and which will not.

I have yet to witness a Powerball drawing.  They are not shown on television around here.  Is there a web site which has the video?  I don't know.

What is the set up of the P5 machine in your state.  I, for one, would like to know.

Maryland
                        United States
                        Member #35590
                        March 20, 2006
                        185 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2006, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

The Big games are not really rigged...........yes you heard right....this coming from the master conspiracy theorist......It is not rigged for there to be a specific winner and that is why it is nearly impossible to bring a case against the biggames.....however what likely happens is that the game is set to select randomly from among a group of numbers that were least get upon...........this gurantees a random drawing with a payout of minimal 2nd or 3rd place prizes.

I'd personally like to see one day the balls just fall on a set of numbers that 50 or 60 people bet on for the 2nd prize.

The fact is the lotto commission cannot afford to leave the payouts of 2nd prizes to natural randomness.

So an long as you play with the understanding that the biggames are actively playing against big 2nd place prizes then it's all in fun.

Morrison, IL
                          United States
                          Member #4657
                          May 13, 2004
                          1885 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2006, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Since I play quick picks, it really doesn't matter to me if the big games are "actively playing against big 2nd place prizes."

However, I know at least Powerball isn't, because twice last year, more than 60 players had match 5+0 tickets for a draw. In fact, for this reason, Powerball's cash jackpots have been slightly lower than 30.28855% of sales - their rules state they can deduct up to 2% of sales to fund the "set prize reserve" which enables them to pay the fixed prizes when there's more winners than statistically expected.

dover delaware
                            United States
                            Member #4466
                            April 26, 2004
                            1223 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2006, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

delaware is a computerized game and it is most definetly fixed they cheat big time..lesonook

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5259 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2006, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

"KWIP-PIC"

JesterJester Laugh