Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fixed Lotteries

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CCHS13.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Are the lotteries fixed?

some [ 31 ]  [31.96%]
some [ 20 ]  [20.62%]
no, they don't need to [ 34 ]  [35.05%]
Mossad [ 5 ]  [5.15%]
only in California [ 7 ]  [7.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 97 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2006, 12:12 am - IP Logged

pumpi wrote;

Sometimes i get the feeling that they do the following..Sometimes i've wonder if they play the machine over and over until certain number comes up (for pick3, pick4 and pick5)...

And this is where it can get weird how do we know were seeing the real drawing or a pre determined drawing like when the are testing the balls and machines a pre draw could easily be recorded to suite them and when they go on air put the drawing of their choice as live..

They use a different set of balls for the white balls, and they usually don't use the same set more than twice in a row. 

They have 4 different sets of white balls, 4 different sets of red (power) balls, 4 different white ball machines, and 4 different red (power) ball machines.

Looking at history, there have been a few times where they will use one set of balls 3 times in a row - but they will use different machines with those sets.

Same goes for the red powerballs - and also they may use the same machine in 3 drawings, and use the same red ballset in two of those 3 drawings, but they won't use the same ballset/ball machine in three straight games.

And I have done a bit of research on the different ballsets and the different ball machines, and there is little tendency overall for a number or set of numbers to hit more or less often based on the machine or ballset, in other words, 'hot' numbers do not follow sets or machines.

If I am wrong, someone PM me. 

I have not researched this since about May, I may have to go revisit it. 

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:05 am - IP Logged

The Big games are not really rigged...........yes you heard right....this coming from the master conspiracy theorist......It is not rigged for there to be a specific winner and that is why it is nearly impossible to bring a case against the biggames.....however what likely happens is that the game is set to select randomly from among a group of numbers that were least get upon...........this gurantees a random drawing with a payout of minimal 2nd or 3rd place prizes.

I'd personally like to see one day the balls just fall on a set of numbers that 50 or 60 people bet on for the 2nd prize.

The fact is the lotto commission cannot afford to leave the payouts of 2nd prizes to natural randomness.

So an long as you play with the understanding that the biggames are actively playing against big 2nd place prizes then it's all in fun.

The reason that the winning numbers in a jackpot game will almost never produce 50 or 60 winners has nothing to do with drawings being rigged. It's all about probability. The odds against a 2nd place win in PB are about 3.5 million to one. For MM they're almost 4 million to one. The numbers that people play certainly aren't completely random, but as a ballpark figure there would have to be about 175 million tickets sold for 50 2nd place PB winners to be at all likely. So far, PB has never sold that many tickets for single drawing.

Not only can the lotteries easily afford to rely on randomness, they depend on it. The rules allow them to pay out on a pari-mutuel basis if the payout is to high, so they have no real reason to worry about an unusually high number of winners. The rules are made by the lotteries and the rules are designed so that the lottery can't lose.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2006, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

I read these threads and I wonder to myself, of all things that are holy and good, WHY DO YOU PLAY THE GAME IF YOU THINK IT'S RIGGED??? 

Three reasons come to mind:

1)   You are stubborn and/or stupid, or

2)   You are wasting our time with nonsense, or

3)   You are a lottery director trying to  get an early pension.

Could someone in the audience please explain this oxymoron?  

It's like an atheist saying, "I pray to God but he never listens to me".

PS...I'm going with Mossad...good choice...lol 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2006, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to know how many different WB combos are NOT played each drawing. 

That might go towards telling us what the REAL odds are.

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
          Member #12416
          March 13, 2005
          564 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2006, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

I think it is possible that the Lottery keeps track of what numbers are being played and based on total wagers decides what % they are going to pay out.

I also think it is "possible" that they may see sales dropping in an area and give that area a winner......to generate interest  and create more sales.

It could be  that the numbers being played by the public on any given day may have an effect on the drawing........ie: on 6/6/06 this year the midday was 966 & the evening was 667.......I don't have a way of checking what was the most popular number played that day, but it is possible that  MANY bets were placed on 666.  The Lottery could have a system that protects them from having to pay out more than they project to payout.........so it could just add or subtract from the most popular numbers...."possible"???????

Sometimes I have an image of the lottery playing a game of Pac Man with the numbers.......trying to avoid drawing the most popular numbers of the day.....

Just  thoughts...........after all they are in business to make a profit........but they do pay out so we just have to keep trying to collect.

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

United States
            Member #33795
            February 25, 2006
            6 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2006, 1:15 am - IP Logged

I read these threads and I wonder to myself, of all things that are holy and good, WHY DO YOU PLAY THE GAME IF YOU THINK IT'S RIGGED??? 

Three reasons come to mind:

1)   You are stubborn and/or stupid, or

2)   You are wasting our time with nonsense, or

3)   You are a lottery director trying to  get an early pension.

Could someone in the audience please explain this oxymoron?  

It's like an atheist saying, "I pray to God but he never listens to me".

PS...I'm going with Mossad...good choice...lol 

Did you bypass reading comprehension in school?  At what point in my post did I remotely say that I played the lottery?  Oh that's right, never.  Roll Eyes

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49674 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2006, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Did you bypass reading comprehension in school?  At what point in my post did I remotely say that I played the lottery?  Oh that's right, never.  Roll Eyes

You must be lost in cyberspace, 'cause folks that play the Lottery come to Lottery Post!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2006, 2:19 am - IP Logged

No, you never said you played the lottery.  I didn't bypass English comprehension in school, I responded to your poll in which you didn't make a stand on the subject you posted about so therefore my post was not directed at you, was it?

I guess the only question left is did you bypass reading comprehension in school? 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

fbird's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                  White Lake,Mi
                  United States
                  Member #1495
                  May 12, 2003
                  5546 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2006, 9:18 am - IP Logged

I voted some....that being the computerized drawings...just don't trust them....easier to manipulate. But that being said , why would any state want to kill the golden goose by doing so? the only examples of rigging were employees doing so to win big money, and they got busted by their states and did time in jail. Here in Michigan, they change ball sets every so often and that seems to help change the patterns, but I think they try to protect the integrity of the 3 and 4 digit in particular. I don't believe they would ever go to computerized drawings as they would worry about public perception and losing sales. Tho I have some times stated that the ol' msl is fixed ( usually when a number repeated from the previous draw), it was when I lost...lol. If I really believed that I would not play.So, I really think that all the states try to be as honest as they can with their drawings...even if some are computerized..

VAL

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                    Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #46704
                    September 23, 2006
                    3692 Posts
                    Posted: November 13, 2006, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

I think it is possible that the Lottery keeps track of what numbers are being played and based on total wagers decides what % they are going to pay out.

I also think it is "possible" that they may see sales dropping in an area and give that area a winner......to generate interest  and create more sales.

It could be  that the numbers being played by the public on any given day may have an effect on the drawing........ie: on 6/6/06 this year the midday was 966 & the evening was 667.......I don't have a way of checking what was the most popular number played that day, but it is possible that  MANY bets were placed on 666.  The Lottery could have a system that protects them from having to pay out more than they project to payout.........so it could just add or subtract from the most popular numbers...."possible"???????

Sometimes I have an image of the lottery playing a game of Pac Man with the numbers.......trying to avoid drawing the most popular numbers of the day.....

Just  thoughts...........after all they are in business to make a profit........but they do pay out so we just have to keep trying to collect.

I feel you on that......

I wonder if they have people that surf LP to view the most

popular numbers being played to avoid high payouts.....      What?

I Agree!

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

United States
                      Member #33085
                      February 18, 2006
                      743 Posts
                      Posted: November 13, 2006, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

N DEED!!!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5118 Posts
                        Posted: November 13, 2006, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

wizadrdsheep:

I voted "SOME".............................................................................

(BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT)

SOMEONE must be sleeping with the>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHEEP!!!

O!O

Please, ask Con Tos to "HELP" -UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

construct, ......better & CLEAR????????

POLE ?????????'$

psykomo 

YES....................Dear SHEEP:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

PSYKOMO does believe "some" of the LOTTOS & LOTTERIES may be

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REASON............................"WHY"

listen, listen now HEAR ME NOW 

the DEMOCRATS tell me ..................................SOOOOOOOOOOOO 

"RIGHT" .......................after 40 year$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

running the USA and half the WORLD............................................

the "BUSHIES" came in and messed-up everything......................

for the "PERFECT PARTY"????????????????????????????????????

the DEMOCRATS.............????????????????????????????????????

Now all we have to do is sit-back..

and wait, and wait, and wait, &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&WAIT 

for ........."Lotto Check"

PartyPartyPartyBatPartyMail For YouMail For YouMail For YouGoofGuitarGoofRudolph

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5118 Posts
                          Posted: November 13, 2006, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

REMEMBER lotto PLAYER$$$$$

"Stay OuttaaH"

Dee

"BUSHIES"  !!!!

PartyPlay QUICKIE-PICKS

LOL

PSYKOMOMail For YouThinking of...Mail For YouBat

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5118 Posts
                            Posted: December 4, 2006, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Maby...........no-one who PLAY's the Lottery can say

for sure they are FIXED or NOT................................................,BUT

I'm SURE many of us can relate too STRANGE combinations of the

numbers that OFTEN...............HIT and seem to screw-up <<<<<<

the combinations we PLAY...............................................EXAMPLE: 

GA FAN-5 on DEC 3 06     04-11-14-36-39 ..............................HIT!

04 was a repeat from 12/29

11 was a repeat from 12/02 (the day, before)

14 was a repeat from 12/01

36 just happen to hit clean?

39 was a repeat from 12/02 (the day, before)

WHAT happens in a ball-mix like this......no-one can EXPLAIN?????

THIS example pops-up in FAN-5 a LOT & will run like this for a day

or two..............then, start back-up with a group of HITs with nice

and PERFECT RANDOM NUMBER combinations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maby, a new set of balls was found in the BACK-ROOM??????????

Maby, a new bubble-machine was USED???????????????????????

Maby, a bubble-machine had to much SUCTION?????????????????

Maby, the ink was wet on some of the BALLS???????????????????

REMEMBER>>>>>>>>>>ENRON>>>>>>>>>??????????????????

the auditor's are ONLY there to see that correct steps are taken,

they donot act in a tech manner in any way and don't inspect the

performance of the machines.......YOU know about as much about

the performance of a lottery drawing AS THEY-DO if "you" WATCH 

the DRAW on...................TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Kingston, Ontario
                              Canada
                              Member #46867
                              October 5, 2006
                              106 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2006, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Yes, it was an official and host of the Pennsylvania Lottery.  He weighed down every ball but the 4's and 6's.  The winning number was 666 and he turned out to have thousands of dollars invested in tickets with 444, 666, 464, 646 and combinations like that.  Nick Perry and some of his crooked buddies rigged the draw. 

Perry was sentenced to 7 years in prison and the incident was the basis for a later movie starring John Travolta.  To read more on it go to: 

http://mmrrc.dementia.org/history/perry.html 

Oddly for people who play the Pa. lottery since that incident, every time 666 is drawn legitimately, it draws questions from the public.  The lottery phone lines ring off the hook.