Welcome Guest
You last visited August 20, 2017, 11:08 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New PA Game - Mix And Match

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Lotto Czar.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: September 21, 2006, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

That's what I've been told by the lottery. This worries me a lot, because Mix and Match is also the name of Indiana's Match 6-style game. And if it's played like Match 6, that could also mean the game being replaced is Match 6.

This would be terrible, because I love Match 6. It would also be terrible for Lottery Post because we'd have CO complaining about Lucky For Life twice as often as usual. Let's all hope that Match 6 is here in January people.

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: September 21, 2006, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

JimmySand9, I hope this game isn't computerized if they replace Match 6. I like the Match 6 or bonus style game.

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: September 22, 2006, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Don't worry, it will be gone in Decenber. That, and sounds like Mix and Match will be a fun, offbeat game from the kings of fun, offbeat games, the Pennsylvania Lottery. Gotta love them.

(insert signature here)

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2229 Posts
        Posted: September 22, 2006, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Any links to this info? I seen nothing about on their site. As long as I win LFL before it is so called gone, I don't mind.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: September 22, 2006, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Any links to this info? I seen nothing about on their site. As long as I win LFL before it is so called gone, I don't mind.

The only info I have is that the order the numbers are drawn will have some bearing in this game.

(insert signature here)

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: September 25, 2006, 9:38 am - IP Logged

I'm guessing it will be an annuitized game with a cash option. I'm seeing a game with only 11 (or even 10) numbers, in which you have to guess the EXACT order of all the numbers. It would therefore be somewhat similar to Little 3 and Big 4.

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2229 Posts
              Posted: September 25, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Sounds interesting. I like new and unique ideas, but the odds are still going to be pretty enormous even with smaller ball sets. But should be fun anyway. I will have to try it for awhile to find out. I just hope they drop the $2.00 price tag. I don't mind annuities, depending on the amount. I will only go for cash options over million, preferably $2 million.

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: September 25, 2006, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Sounds interesting. I like new and unique ideas, but the odds are still going to be pretty enormous even with smaller ball sets. But should be fun anyway. I will have to try it for awhile to find out. I just hope they drop the $2.00 price tag. I don't mind annuities, depending on the amount. I will only go for cash options over million, preferably $2 million.

If it's a 10-number game it probably would be $2 a play; if it's an 11-number game, $1. I don't see how it could be different than what I've suggested.

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: September 26, 2006, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm guessing it will be an annuitized game with a cash option. I'm seeing a game with only 11 (or even 10) numbers, in which you have to guess the EXACT order of all the numbers. It would therefore be somewhat similar to Little 3 and Big 4.

Or it could be something like this (PDF File).

(insert signature here)

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: September 27, 2006, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Or it could be something like this (PDF File).

Lotto Strike is an add-on game, like Ohio's Kicker (LS can be played only with Lotto.)

Note that in Australia, while lottery prizes are tax-free, the price of playing does not include the agent's commission. Also, all such amounts are rounded to 5c, as Australia no longer uses 1c or 2c coins.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: October 2, 2006, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Tonight (10/2) better be the last booby prize in Unlucky for Life! I just found out PA will have another Millionaire Raffle, but still no news on Unlucky for Life's replacement, Mix & Match.

PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2229 Posts
                        Posted: October 2, 2006, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Tonight (10/2) better be the last booby prize in Unlucky for Life! I just found out PA will have another Millionaire Raffle, but still no news on Unlucky for Life's replacement, Mix & Match.

I been hearing that for about a year now. I think your disdain is actually making more winners which is kind of funny. Why anyone would be upset about multiple wins is beyond logic and quite idiotic. I might play the next raffle though, but I skipped the last one. Just wasn't as appealing to me. The payout was probably $750,000 after taxes or less, my mininum is a million as far as cash goes.

1 players matched 6 of 6, each receiving $3,000.00 a month for life
                        19 players matched 5 of 6, each receiving $2,000.00
                        520 players matched 4 of 6, each receiving $40.00
                        7,247 players matched 3 of 6, each receiving $3.00

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2006, 9:38 am - IP Logged

The best thing to do is for you to save your money right now and let UNlucky for Life die. Instead of buying 10 UNlucky for Life tickets, use it to buy a raffle ticket when they become available.

United States
                            Member #16612
                            June 2, 2005
                            3493 Posts
                            Posted: October 6, 2006, 8:39 am - IP Logged

I agree CASH Only. I rather not play UNlucky for Life. The raffle ticket and Mix and Match will be better.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                              Yinzer Country, PA
                              United States
                              Member #4067
                              March 18, 2004
                              2741 Posts
                              Posted: October 27, 2006, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

A few things:

1.  CASH Only:  You should be very happy.  It's replacing Lucky For Life Lotto.

2.  If you look in the "Retailer Corner" or the PA Lottery website, you can see the game details, but it's gonna be a stinker.

3.  It's a pick 5 of 19 (That's right) game where if you match a number in the exact place,  you're good, and if you match 3 or more on the same line, you're good.  the jackpot starts at $50,000 and rolls.  Drawings will be in Mondays and Wednesdays.

It won't last long.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.