Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New PA Game - Mix And Match

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Lotto Czar.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2006, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

A few things:

1.  CASH Only:  You should be very happy.  It's replacing Lucky For Life Lotto.

2.  If you look in the "Retailer Corner" or the PA Lottery website, you can see the game details, but it's gonna be a stinker.

3.  It's a pick 5 of 19 (That's right) game where if you match a number in the exact place,  you're good, and if you match 3 or more on the same line, you're good.  the jackpot starts at $50,000 and rolls.  Drawings will be in Mondays and Wednesdays.

It won't last long.

Stinker? Well I may disagree with your statement, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.

Anyway,  it sounds like another fun and unusual game from the kings of fun and unusual online games, the Pennsylvania Lottery. I wish they'd be that open minded about scratch-offs.

(insert signature here)

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2006, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Stinker? Well I may disagree with your statement, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.

Anyway,  it sounds like another fun and unusual game from the kings of fun and unusual online games, the Pennsylvania Lottery. I wish they'd be that open minded about scratch-offs.

It looks really good, and it would be, except for the fact that it costs $2 a play again.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2006, 4:38 am - IP Logged

Wrong again CashOnly, 19. Would have preferred 10 or 11 though. If it is $2.00 again that will suck. Another game that I will not be playing unless it rolls to a million or more. The odds are still pretty bad, and the jackpot prize is too. People will be fooled by the seemingly low number selection. I like the idea, but I do not like the jackpot, or the price. I would like to know who in PA is deciding this games, because I sure as hell never get a vote.

They always claim the games are "what the people want," but I would like to know what people? Thankfully at least it rolls, and I hope it is not a capped roll like Cash 5. I would still take a million dollar annuity any day over $50,000-$500,000 cash.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: October 28, 2006, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Wrong again CashOnly, 19. Would have preferred 10 or 11 though. If it is $2.00 again that will suck. Another game that I will not be playing unless it rolls to a million or more. The odds are still pretty bad, and the jackpot prize is too. People will be fooled by the seemingly low number selection. I like the idea, but I do not like the jackpot, or the price. I would like to know who in PA is deciding this games, because I sure as hell never get a vote.

They always claim the games are "what the people want," but I would like to know what people? Thankfully at least it rolls, and I hope it is not a capped roll like Cash 5. I would still take a million dollar annuity any day over $50,000-$500,000 cash.

It is a $2 game, unfortunately.

And since when is the Cash 5 jackpot capped? Sure it never seems to get higher than $350,000, but I don't think that's by design.

(insert signature here)

PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2006, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Capped as in never goes up more or less than $100,000 per draw on rolls.

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2006, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Not less than, but there have been plenty of time it has grown by more than $100,000. Case in point, tonight's drawing, it grew from $100,000 yesterday to $220,000 today, for an increase of $120,000.

(insert signature here)

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: October 28, 2006, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Yes I know, I was speaking in general not exactly $100,000. But usually that, or darn close to it. Either way it doesn't get my money unless it is over a million which is rarely. Even then I am reluctant to play due to the higher chances of sharing it because of a lot more players.

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
                Harrisburg, Pa.
                United States
                Member #3093
                December 23, 2003
                233 Posts
                Posted: October 30, 2006, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

I'm back. 

due to computer problems, and the Web Marshall  I strayed away.  but had to see what was happening expecialy with the Mix and Match.  When I last left, Match 6 was just getting started.  It seemed that Ohio was deciding a new game, which would have been like Match 6, or a straight pick six lotto game with better odds and hit rates.  Turned out they coame up with something really different, a bingo type game where order does matter.  Go figure. 

Agree, PA does come up with some dandies sometimes.  good and bad.  Seen better elsewhere. 

Give Mix and Match a chance.  Actually better hit rate than an average $2 Scratch ticket. 

Does anyone know of a prize table for this one?  I understand there are around 17 different prizes, ranging from a free ticket to the Jackpot.  I got my info from the retailers web site, even though I'm not one.  But most of the ones around here, don't know either.  Computer ahead of them on news. 

Just a thought.  Would lucky for life be better with a roll down feature if the $3,000/week wasn't hit, and it was split among the rest of the prizes?  maybe, in my opinion.  But I play by hit rate, that's why match 6 is my favorite, and if I get enough, or if the Jackpot breaks high enough, I move on to other games.  Like Cash 5.

I have to admit, that when I heard of a new online game, I immediately wondered if it would be Hot Lotto. 

PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: October 30, 2006, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how this will effect people using RNG's to select their picks? Being that RNG's usually select in order from lowest to highest. I think I have only found one that selects them out of that order. Maybe some will keep using them, and just arrange the numbers themselves.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                    A long and winding road
                    United States
                    Member #17084
                    June 10, 2005
                    4525 Posts
                    Posted: October 30, 2006, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

okay I read the quick re-cap from the PA Lottery website. Its cause for concern that it will hit based on the precision one must lay out there numbers. Its way more difficult then need be. Yet the Lottery is there to gain revenue and not lose it. Its a shame that its starting at such a low cash value of 50k.

Sirbrad- I will graciously take a 200,000 CASH 5 win any day!So if ever you did hit , consider me the friend in PA that you can hand the ticket over too! I have 200,000 ways to invest and pay off debt with it!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

Harrisburg, Pa.
                      United States
                      Member #3093
                      December 23, 2003
                      233 Posts
                      Posted: October 31, 2006, 8:45 am - IP Logged

To all.

I did find some info on Payouts on the new $2 Mix and match game.

The Match

all 5 in order wins jackpot; starting at $50,000 and progressing.

4 in order pays $1,000

3 in order pays $100

2 in order pays $4

1 in order gets a free ticket.

The MIx

All 5 not in order pays $2000

Any 4 anywhere  pays $20

Any 3 anywhere pays $2.

As in match six, these two ways can be added together.  There are 17 different ways to win.  Since there is only a total of 19 numbers in the poplation, odds of winning anything are about 1 in 3.47 which is better than a $2 scratch ticket.   

Same site on PA lottery  web page for retailers.  There is a link for promo slide show.  Gives more than those uf us probably need to know, if we don't actually sell the tickets.  [I don't think that I would want too--those machines look too complex.]

My guess is that Lucky for Life may have been more popular if when the Jackpot was not hit (which was very often), either one or both of two things could have happened:  1.  In crease Jackpt by a token amount, say $100 extra per drawing; and/or rolling down the pool into the lower teir prizes for getting 5, 4, 0r 3 numbers.

Any more thoughts?

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: October 31, 2006, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

By default, Mix & Match will be a HUGE inprovement over UNlucky for Life. However, I think the game will be more confusing than Match 6, and eventually be replaced by a "classic" lotto game.

Harrisburg, Pa.
                          United States
                          Member #3093
                          December 23, 2003
                          233 Posts
                          Posted: October 31, 2006, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

By default, Mix & Match will be a HUGE inprovement over UNlucky for Life. However, I think the game will be more confusing than Match 6, and eventually be replaced by a "classic" lotto game.

Agree, it is sort of confusing.  Yet that a lot of people will be jamming the lines at the stores with asking wheather 1 or 2 numbers wins.  Match 6 isn't that confusing.  Once 4 numbers are cirlced anywhere, it's a winner.  Still takes 3 on a line.  Mand M will require not only matching numbers, but matching places.  Good thing there is only 5 places and 19 possible numbers. So having some matches may not be all that hard.  Will pay well and low hit rate.  Better than scratchers for the same price.

Harrisburg, Pa.
                            United States
                            Member #3093
                            December 23, 2003
                            233 Posts
                            Posted: October 31, 2006, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Reposted for reponse.

Anyone see those shirts in the Christmas ticket ads.?  Retailer lady says that they actually exist.  If only the retailers would raffle them off to the public.

United States
                              Member #1826
                              July 11, 2003
                              2645 Posts
                              Posted: October 31, 2006, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Confusing for you, more fun for me. I like my games complex, although simple games are good too.

When it finally comes out, here's a tip. Mark your exact order matches with a square, and mark out-of-order matches with a circle. Simply count up the total marks to determine your "mix" prize, and the squares alone to determine your "match" prize. 

(insert signature here)