Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is There A Profitable Pick 3 Strategy?

Topic closed. 92 replies. Last post 10 years ago by WSN1.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Anywhere & Everywhere
United States
Member #10713
January 23, 2005
290 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2007, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Littleoldlady, I think we are starting to get somewhere with viability, however, hoping for something hot to continue it's hot streak is not always the best choice. Nor the cold doing the reverse and staying cold. This principle you speak of is possible with v-tracs or just the 0-9 digits. Have you a specific formula or spreadsheet, that sets up the parameters and detailed rules around these high level rules you've listed. Ranking can be a very perceptional evaluation, concluding differently from one to another. Application or the "right way" as someone mention earlier is the key, otherwise, it will not be profitable.

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2007, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

No way to back test exact order pairs unless you set up rules on when to play them and the third number(s) to go with them.

MAGA

Anywhere & Everywhere
      United States
      Member #10713
      January 23, 2005
      290 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2007, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Dead_Aim, this is the best solution I've seen yet on this post, after looking at your recorded results on your website for several states over the last couple months. However, It appear to only work best online and mathematically, the most profitable practice would be to play all selections in every possible order, which is about 30 or 60#s a day per game to play.  I can live with that, however, this is not profitable offline from state to state, boxed or straight over the long haul. Although, you have posted statisical past history results on your website, I would like to know the specifics of how you generate numbers from your pencil paper system so that I can go back in past history in any state and verify the result fo myself. Without specifics, I still have nothing to verify through testing.

Winner2Be's avatar - diva
        Charleston
        United States
        Member #1990
        August 5, 2003
        1675 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2007, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

It sounds like one is about to start Spaming and getting enough interested individuals involved to go for the big Spam attack.  Luckily most LP Members are too smart for this.  My suggestion is to find the best method for YOU and your individual state because if you are playing local and not online it really doesn't matter what results other states are having.  Good Luck to all and don't get stuck in this trap.

Again, good luck finding YOUR best profitable pick 3 Strategy.

United States
          Member #10720
          January 23, 2005
          933 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2007, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

If a ticket is 50 cents for STR play, and STR pays $250, to break even you would have to hit one drawing every 500 (1/1000 X 50 cents)... a "profitable" strategy in that situation would have to win MORE THAN 2x as often as Chance. If your back test shows avg. 3 wins STR per 1000 draws then for every $500 spent you'd win $750. When it's pari-mutuel it gets VERY complicated because some numbers (like Pick 4: 1-9-x-x) have lower payouts and if others are using a similar sytem it waters down the prize YOU get.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2007, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone have a PICK 3 strategy that is PROFITABLE. One that is quantifiable. I can go back several hundred draws in any state's back history and prove the profitablity each time, throught testing the results of the application of the strategy. All it takes is one proven strategy that is PROFITABLE over the long haul. It is very very easy to hit the game, however, becoming profitable, like earning a paycheck for hours worked everyday and looking back at the end of the year at your total earning over the year is another thing. I emphasize, I am only interested in strategies that can withstand longterm testing from state to state of its back history and prove profitability. Otherwise, maybe I should doing else more productive with my time. lol. Thank you

What you're really asking "Does anyone have a PICK3 strategy that wins more than it cost to play consistently?"  Since States continue to pay winners with 50% of ticket sales, the answer would seem to be obvious but there are those who claim it's possible.  Good luck on finding someone who is willing to share the details of such a system for free in a public forum.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Anywhere & Everywhere
              United States
              Member #10713
              January 23, 2005
              290 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2007, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Winner2Be, wow, I am not sure I understood the spaming explanation nor it's relevance, however,  a winning strategy to begin with would be the minimum requested here in my original post. Speaking in relative terms, the game is the same, 10 #s play randomly in the same 3 positions, meaning the same basic mathematic rules apply. The profitable strategy will prove from state to state that it is mathematically sound. Looking at multiple states gives you a more fine tune calibration resource for setting the parameters you have to a fix set for your own particular state over the long haul. Also, I dont necessarily need the best profitable pick 3 strategy, just ONE that is PROFITABLE.

Do you have a profitable pick 3 strategy???

Anywhere & Everywhere
                United States
                Member #10713
                January 23, 2005
                290 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2007, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

If a ticket is 50 cents for STR play, and STR pays $250, to break even you would have to hit one drawing every 500 (1/1000 X 50 cents)... a "profitable" strategy in that situation would have to win MORE THAN 2x as often as Chance. If your back test shows avg. 3 wins STR per 1000 draws then for every $500 spent you'd win $750. When it's pari-mutuel it gets VERY complicated because some numbers (like Pick 4: 1-9-x-x) have lower payouts and if others are using a similar sytem it waters down the prize YOU get.

LckyLary, I appreciate your explanation and I understand these stats very well. What I am looking for it a strategy that will hit within the context of the parameters you have listed here. Whether it's tomorrow, over 500 or 1000 draws, It is relative.  Do you have a strategy that will do just that, meet the requirements you just listed?

Anywhere & Everywhere
                  United States
                  Member #10713
                  January 23, 2005
                  290 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2007, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

What you're really asking "Does anyone have a PICK3 strategy that wins more than it cost to play consistently?"  Since States continue to pay winners with 50% of ticket sales, the answer would seem to be obvious but there are those who claim it's possible.  Good luck on finding someone who is willing to share the details of such a system for free in a public forum.

RJoh, "Does anyone have a PICK3 strategy that wins more than it cost to play consistently?"Yes absolutely, this another way to state my original post. I do believe anything is possible. If the lottery post is not the place for me to receive the details of such a system, then can you direct me to where I should go to get the real deal. I would rather be productive in my search.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: January 13, 2007, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

RJoh, "Does anyone have a PICK3 strategy that wins more than it cost to play consistently?"Yes absolutely, this another way to state my original post. I do believe anything is possible. If the lottery post is not the place for me to receive the details of such a system, then can you direct me to where I should go to get the real deal. I would rather be productive in my search.

WSN1,

I wish I had the answer to your question, I would play the pick3 games more.  There has been those who claimed they had or bought such a system or knew some one with one, but no one has ever proved it.  If you find one, please share it with the rest of the LP members.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sweetie7398's avatar - flower2
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #22702
                      September 30, 2005
                      3055 Posts
                      Posted: January 13, 2007, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

I do agree with tntea that vtracs work.  I have been tracking numbers for SC and have found that many of the east coast states follow each other.  The numbers that you play may need to be played for several days sometimes, but there have been many mirror hits that have come to SC.  For example, NJ got 089(534) on 1/3 Eve, SC got 543(098) on 1/5 Eve.  TN got 850 (305) on 1/5 Eve, SC got 035(580) on 1/6 Day.  GA got 659(104) on 1/5 Day, SC got 401(956) on 1/7 Eve.   TN received 720 (275) on two consecutive days 1/4 and 1/5 the 720 combo came to NJ as its mirror number (572) on 1/7 Eve the 207 came to SC on 1/10 Eve. 

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10491 Posts
                        Posted: January 13, 2007, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

OK .... Most folks can't handle the truth. You can even post it in an open forum ....and most won't even realize what they have just seen. It's funny ...really.  LOL  

1.  First,,, sign up for an online play site.  

2. Wait

3  Find a  State that just had 4 doubles in a row.

4. Play all 120 box single numbers...(next draw)

@ .25 each ...or $ 3o.oo 

5. You will make a profit 90% of the time!

That's it....  Don't ever say nobody ever gave you nothin'.... cause I just did. $$$ LOL

You want to make more? Bet more. You want better odds than 90% ? Take a hike... LOL

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Anywhere & Everywhere
                          United States
                          Member #10713
                          January 23, 2005
                          290 Posts
                          Posted: January 13, 2007, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Sweetie, I got to be honest, you are combining 3 completely different concepts together, vtracs, followers, and flip side #s. One can use all three together in a multiple of directions and never get a consistent profit. So, I ask what are the successful details. These examples just show relationships not consistent profits. As far as v-tracs and Tntea, I am still looking for the specific detailed application of the vtrac twist that will bring consistent profits or if you know them please share.

Anywhere & Everywhere
                            United States
                            Member #10713
                            January 23, 2005
                            290 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2007, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

RJoh, thanks for your most respectable responses and well wishes. The most realistic and promising path toward resolution for me has been on saliu's website.

Anywhere & Everywhere
                              United States
                              Member #10713
                              January 23, 2005
                              290 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2007, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

WIN D, YEAH, finally! something I can test and verify. Thank you very very much. I will test and report back to you. It's looks viable.  This is the type of solutions I am looking for. Does anyone else have something on this level to share that is specific and detailed? There is always more than one path that leads to your goal.Smiley