Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

a rumor...don imus to join a state lottery for work

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

would you object in any way don imus working a job with your state lottery?

i feel he should be able to [ 20 ]  [47.62%]
i'm against him being able to [ 13 ]  [30.95%]
not sure [ 9 ]  [21.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 42 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:17 am - IP Logged

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Why wouldn't I? Unless he was a PR guy or a draw host (could you imagine?), I can't see anything that could possibly happen that wouldn't happen anywhere else.

(insert signature here)

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
      The Carolinas - Charlotte
      United States
      Member #21627
      September 12, 2005
      4138 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2007, 9:45 am - IP Logged

This story has just gotten crazier and crazier. I commend him for snapping back at Sharpton and Jackson. Where are they when they made a mistake about the Duke lax players? Nowhere to be found. I think it's terrible that Imus is the scapegoat for repeating his producers words, and then when Sharpton, Jackson, and Winfrey crusade falsely against some kids, they don't have to be accountable. Total double standard. If I were the Duke lacrosse players' families, I would go after EVERYBODY who slandered them with false accusations, including the two big Revs.

But getting off my moral high horse, I would love to have Imus working for my lottery, even though he is a donkey.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
        Member #34266
        March 1, 2006
        188 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2007, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Never happen, Imus wouldn't take such a low position after being the boss of his own show for 30 years.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19824 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2007, 10:54 am - IP Logged

In Ohio lottery game shows, hosts use their job a starting point for their career.  The present host of Make Me Rich,Make Me Famous was a warehouse clerk before this job.  Imus probably made more in one year than a this guy will make in his whole career as a state lottery show host.  I read Imus show generated more than $16M in advertisement weekly.  He made a mistake and he paying the price as he should.  He's not headed for the poor house or a job as lottery show host and life will go on.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23260 Posts
            Posted: April 13, 2007, 11:18 am - IP Logged

This should be in your blog.  There's no such rumor that I'm aware of.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coastal Georgia
              United States
              Member #2653
              October 30, 2003
              1866 Posts
              Posted: April 13, 2007, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  I am on Imus overkill right now.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2007, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Good way to get a non-lottery topic on the discussion board.  Wink

Anyway, I agree with RJOh - he's way too rich to accept such a position.  I don't feel sorry for him.  Many of these celebrities continue to work way past the age of retirement because of their egos, the fame and the easy fortune   I doubt if he'll be headed to the homeless shelter anytime soon.  I'm guessing he's been making an 8 figure income (anyone have that info?) more than most of us will make in a lifetime.  Put this in perspective...if you started at 20 and worked 40 years an averaged $250,000 in salary, you'd still have earned less than some of these guys make in one year.  Letterman, Leno, Judge Judy, Howard Stern are in the $25 to $35M a year range.

Imagine being a proud parent, sitting with friends and relatives watching your baby girl (who is an honor student) winning a championship and hearing her called a "nappy-headed hoe" on the air.  Would you think it was funny?  Gosh, I wish they taught being rude, insulting and offensive in college. Simon ridiculing performers with cruel critisicm, Rosie & Donald acting like 5 year olds, contestants on reality shows insulting one another.  If only I knew!!

Anyway, Imus looks really worn out to me, so maybe he needs a long vacation.  I read that his ratings have been dropping, so maybe he wanted to get fired so he can get a job being obnoxious on satellite radio. 

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2007, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Never saw your post, Todd.   I started to type and then got a phone call and just finished.  (Funny that I wrote that first line!)

United States
                    Member #21627
                    September 12, 2005
                    4138 Posts
                    Posted: April 13, 2007, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  I am on Imus overkill right now.

I have to agree with you there...it's all I hear, so it is frustrating the *bleep* out of me!

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23260 Posts
                      Posted: April 13, 2007, 11:56 am - IP Logged

To the ones who are rating this topic as "EXCELLENT", is this really what you want Lottery Post to be like?  Tabloid crap? Thumbs Down No Nod

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                        Member #21627
                        September 12, 2005
                        4138 Posts
                        Posted: April 13, 2007, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Good way to get a non-lottery topic on the discussion board.  Wink

Anyway, I agree with RJOh - he's way too rich to accept such a position.  I don't feel sorry for him.  Many of these celebrities continue to work way past the age of retirement because of their egos, the fame and the easy fortune   I doubt if he'll be headed to the homeless shelter anytime soon.  I'm guessing he's been making an 8 figure income (anyone have that info?) more than most of us will make in a lifetime.  Put this in perspective...if you started at 20 and worked 40 years an averaged $250,000 in salary, you'd still have earned less than some of these guys make in one year.  Letterman, Leno, Judge Judy, Howard Stern are in the $25 to $35M a year range.

Imagine being a proud parent, sitting with friends and relatives watching your baby girl (who is an honor student) winning a championship and hearing her called a "nappy-headed hoe" on the air.  Would you think it was funny?  Gosh, I wish they taught being rude, insulting and offensive in college. Simon ridiculing performers with cruel critisicm, Rosie & Donald acting like 5 year olds, contestants on reality shows insulting one another.  If only I knew!!

Anyway, Imus looks really worn out to me, so maybe he needs a long vacation.  I read that his ratings have been dropping, so maybe he wanted to get fired so he can get a job being obnoxious on satellite radio. 

That could be the case so he can compete with Stern. I think his comments were rude also. Although he was copying his producer who made the first "ho" comment. But what embroils me is the double standard that an Al Sharpton lives with. He would make things so much better if he apologized for his accusations towards the Duke players. He has made his point about Imus and he got his results. Now he needs to rectify the other situation in apologizing for his blame.

Stooges

kandi44's avatar - masked
                          georgetown
                          United States
                          Member #46979
                          October 12, 2006
                          1129 Posts
                          Posted: April 13, 2007, 11:59 am - IP Logged

lets stick with lottery. if anyone really wants to talk about anything talk about prices of things and how we can solve that problem

Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: April 13, 2007, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

lets stick with lottery. if anyone really wants to talk about anything talk about prices of things and how we can solve that problem

Good subject, Kandi.  I was going to write something on my blog about prices.  Just couldn't get the words together.  Sometimes I feel I need to be more creative and eloquent if I begin a blog entry than when I'm posting on a forum, and writer's block is a frequent problem of mine.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #14
                              November 9, 2001
                              31344 Posts
                              Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't want mike to take the heat for this - it was my lame idea.  Sorry.

Hiding Behind Computer

love to nibble those micey feet.