Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

a rumor...don imus to join a state lottery for work

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

would you object in any way don imus working a job with your state lottery?

i feel he should be able to [ 20 ]  [47.62%]
i'm against him being able to [ 13 ]  [30.95%]
not sure [ 9 ]  [21.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 42 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

alien

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

I don't want mike to take the heat for this - it was my lame idea.  Sorry.

Hiding Behind Computer

Don't yell at Emily, Todd!!  (I've heard she has sharp claws.)   Seriously, is having a forum "General Discussion/Non-Lottery" such a bad idea?  I guess I know why it would be discouraged, since this is a lottery board and there are blogs for miscellaneous subjects.  It just seems as if people will comment on a forum topic, but won't post on a blog. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Don't yell at Emily, Todd!!  (I've heard she has sharp claws.)   Seriously, is having a forum "General Discussion/Non-Lottery" such a bad idea?  I guess I know why it would be discouraged, since this is a lottery board and there are blogs for miscellaneous subjects.  It just seems as if people will comment on a forum topic, but won't post on a blog. 

I did not "yell at Emily".  In fact, there were four people who voted "excellent" on this topic.  If you go back and re-read my comment I am expressing dismay and disbelief that anyone would want to encourage tabloid crap at Lottery Post -- in the Lottery Discussion forum -- by rating it "EXCELLENT".

I know that you and a few others have expressed interest in an off-topic, non-lottery forum, and I have acknowledged the suggestion and said that it's something I'm on the fence about.

I would like to see that kind of thing myself, because it would be fun to participate in.

But if I added a non-lottery forum, I would have to watch as Lottery Post began to be used by people to post radical political rants, and I did not work this many years night and day to build and maintain this site so that it could be used to sling radical political crap at the ideals and principles that I believe in.

If I thought for one second that it would not happen, then you would see the forum.  But I know that it would, so I can't.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Isn't that kind of ranting going on in the blogs already?

Usually a few people respond and it's pretty much done with, and we move on. But I could be wrong...

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          51218 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't want mike to take the heat for this - it was my lame idea.  Sorry.

Hiding Behind Computer

You can share if you want to, but he could have rejected the idea.

Of course Imus is to blame since he is the one that made the politcally incorrect remarks.

Thanks to Imus, the Governor of NJ wasted 3 hours consulting with Imus about the forth comming meeting with the Rutgers Students, instead of tending to other issues.

Thanks to Imus, the Governor of NJ was injured in an automobile accident as his motorcade was traveling to meet with the Rutgers Students and Imus.

FYI: Imus is a multi-millionaire, and he didn't get that way by Playing the Lottery.

PS: It's past time for Imus to retire. (hopefully he'll be banned from any future transmissions across the airways!)

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: April 13, 2007, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Usually a few people respond and it's pretty much done with, and we move on. But I could be wrong...

Can I start a poll about the non related, just to see the response?....LOL

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23352 Posts
              Posted: April 13, 2007, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Yes, blogs are designed to be for whatever floats your boat, so you can rant away there.  The Forums are designed to discuss various aspects of the lottery, not "Imus".

Frankly, it's pathetic that we should be discussing him at all.  The best comment I heard about Imus was from Dennis Miller.  He said, "Imus looks like a werewolf that only had enough energy to transform half-way."

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23352 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2007, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Can I start a poll about the non related, just to see the response?....LOL

I liked this thread better when it was locked.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31546 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2007, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Yes, blogs are designed to be for whatever floats your boat, so you can rant away there.  The Forums are designed to discuss various aspects of the lottery, not "Imus".

Frankly, it's pathetic that we should be discussing him at all.  The best comment I heard about Imus was from Dennis Miller.  He said, "Imus looks like a werewolf that only had enough energy to transform half-way."

Todd - you havethe power to lock this.  emily

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: April 13, 2007, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Imus looks like a werewolf that only had enough energy to transform half-way."

ROFL

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11339 Posts
                      Posted: April 13, 2007, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

sorry everyone.don't be mad at emily.group hugGroup Hug

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31546 Posts
                        Posted: April 13, 2007, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

sorry everyone.don't be mad at emily.group hugGroup Hug

Mike - we both apologised - this should be the end of it.

love to nibble those micey feet.

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                          mississippi
                          United States
                          Member #34478
                          March 3, 2006
                          5906 Posts
                          Posted: April 13, 2007, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Good luck!
                          -Todd

LOL..there is the laugh I needed for today...since my Braves lost last nite..damit..lol

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: April 13, 2007, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Mike - we both apologised - this should be the end of it.

I Agree!

I was only teasing when I said "Don't yell at Emily, Todd."  I'm always so surprised when people see what I write in a different light, although I often do the same. 

I understand what you are saying, Todd, about political rants, although I enjoy hearing from every side.  Well, I'll always agree that it's your sandbox and you can play any way you wish and make the rules!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                              Gurnee, Illinois
                              United States
                              Member #49731
                              February 12, 2007
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: April 13, 2007, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Good way to get a non-lottery topic on the discussion board.  Wink

Anyway, I agree with RJOh - he's way too rich to accept such a position.  I don't feel sorry for him.  Many of these celebrities continue to work way past the age of retirement because of their egos, the fame and the easy fortune   I doubt if he'll be headed to the homeless shelter anytime soon.  I'm guessing he's been making an 8 figure income (anyone have that info?) more than most of us will make in a lifetime.  Put this in perspective...if you started at 20 and worked 40 years an averaged $250,000 in salary, you'd still have earned less than some of these guys make in one year.  Letterman, Leno, Judge Judy, Howard Stern are in the $25 to $35M a year range.

Imagine being a proud parent, sitting with friends and relatives watching your baby girl (who is an honor student) winning a championship and hearing her called a "nappy-headed hoe" on the air.  Would you think it was funny?  Gosh, I wish they taught being rude, insulting and offensive in college. Simon ridiculing performers with cruel critisicm, Rosie & Donald acting like 5 year olds, contestants on reality shows insulting one another.  If only I knew!!

Anyway, Imus looks really worn out to me, so maybe he needs a long vacation.  I read that his ratings have been dropping, so maybe he wanted to get fired so he can get a job being obnoxious on satellite radio. 

I also think many celebrities continue to work "way past the age of retirement" because they love living and they know that they'll likely die soon after they stop doing what they love to do.  Haven't you ever heard of the guy/gal who diligently worked for a given company or served in the military 20 or 30 years only to die within the first year of "retirement?"  That is why I say I will never retire...but I also don't plan to HAVE to work just to make a living...I merely plan to continue working so I can live and enjoy life.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!