Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

a rumor...don imus to join a state lottery for work

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

would you object in any way don imus working a job with your state lottery?

i feel he should be able to [ 20 ]  [47.62%]
i'm against him being able to [ 13 ]  [30.95%]
not sure [ 9 ]  [21.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 42 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2007, 7:49 am - IP Logged
first off Imus was NOT fired for these remarks ONLY - these remarks were "the straw that broke the camel's back" and in and of themselves he would NOT have been fired. however - when all the advertisers pulled out of his show - CBS really had no choice but to let him go - right or wrong

how come everyone is outraged at what Imus said but in the process NOT even more outraged at what 2 people who have an equally "checkered past" have said and done

Jesse Jackson: BLASTED the Duke Lacrosse players and all involved and basically wanted them locked up in jail for life. now that all charges have been dropped - Jesse owes a PUBLIC apology to the players involved because had the tables been turned (OK - so they normally are - i will grant you that) Jesse would have been OUTRAGED. Funny how Jesse hasn't said a WORD abouit this case after it was dismisses. Some years back in a PUBLIC SPEECH Jesse calls NYC "Hymietown" - an insult to the Jewish people. To me when you have it in a public speech that is even worse that off the cuff because off the cuff is something you never planned on saying but did - in a speech means you took the time to think about saying it. To me what Jesse said and did is INFINITE TIMES WORSE than what Imus said and did - yet to this day Jesse NEVER apologized for either of these 2

Al Sharpton: Also part of the Duke case - also NEVER apologized for it. And whatever you think about what Imus said/did - what Al Sharpton did in the "Tawana Brawley" case is A MILLION TIMES WORSE than what Imus said. Once again if the tables were turned and the accuser was white and going after black men and it was later found out the white woman was lying and put up to do this Blubber Butt Al would never shut up. But somehow Blubber Butt not only NEVER apologized he has yet to pay the fine levied against him

What Imus said was NOT right - but compared to the DISGRACEFUL actions of Jesse and Al - what Imus said is "angelic". Funny how NO ONE is asking for Jesse and Al to be fired and to shut up and go away for doing stuff INFINITE times worse than what Imus said/did

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2007, 8:37 am - IP Logged
    first off Imus was NOT fired for these remarks ONLY - these remarks were "the straw that broke the camel's back" and in and of themselves he would NOT have been fired. however - when all the advertisers pulled out of his show - CBS really had no choice but to let him go - right or wrong

how come everyone is outraged at what Imus said but in the process NOT even more outraged at what 2 people who have an equally "checkered past" have said and done

Jesse Jackson: BLASTED the Duke Lacrosse players and all involved and basically wanted them locked up in jail for life. now that all charges have been dropped - Jesse owes a PUBLIC apology to the players involved because had the tables been turned (OK - so they normally are - i will grant you that) Jesse would have been OUTRAGED. Funny how Jesse hasn't said a WORD abouit this case after it was dismisses. Some years back in a PUBLIC SPEECH Jesse calls NYC "Hymietown" - an insult to the Jewish people. To me when you have it in a public speech that is even worse that off the cuff because off the cuff is something you never planned on saying but did - in a speech means you took the time to think about saying it. To me what Jesse said and did is INFINITE TIMES WORSE than what Imus said and did - yet to this day Jesse NEVER apologized for either of these 2

Al Sharpton: Also part of the Duke case - also NEVER apologized for it. And whatever you think about what Imus said/did - what Al Sharpton did in the "Tawana Brawley" case is A MILLION TIMES WORSE than what Imus said. Once again if the tables were turned and the accuser was white and going after black men and it was later found out the white woman was lying and put up to do this Blubber Butt Al would never shut up. But somehow Blubber Butt not only NEVER apologized he has yet to pay the fine levied against him

What Imus said was NOT right - but compared to the DISGRACEFUL actions of Jesse and Al - what Imus said is "angelic". Funny how NO ONE is asking for Jesse and Al to be fired and to shut up and go away for doing stuff INFINITE times worse than what Imus said/did

This appears to be a copy & paste from someplace else, no?  If someone else wrote it, it's usually a good idea to give credit.

Also, I believe the "Hymietown" remark by Jackson was given to a reporter, not in a public speech.  It's still just as bad, but I wanted to correct the record on that.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Jimiam's avatar - ICONATOR 4af8c649273bc68ca3f95ed9dd755e65.jpg

United States
      Member #39406
      May 15, 2006
      287 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2007, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Right on!!!.  That's what I was trying to say.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Maybe if someone has offered a $50M/5years contract to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton to talk on a radio show or to do anything else they should reconsider their offer too.

Before I retired the company I worked for had to allow women to apply for jobs that had traditional been only held by men and some of the guys thought if they used offensive language in the presents of the ladies they would apply for different jobs but the company warned them that such stupid  behavior would get them fired and one guy who continued to act stupid got fired.  It wasn't personal or racial just business, stupidity is a liability.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2007, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I think IMUS is old, ugly, and a petrified Saltine.  Now, if only  AS & JJ would protest in front of my home office,  I would feel the pressure of justice upon myself, and I could fire myself.  I would then believe that the Reverends. (don't make me gag) care one bit about what the IMUS said.  This whole episode is so self serving to all, (media the most) it just makes me want to 2X gag.  For petes sake, I thought we were beyond this, who cares what anybody says, especially Imus, Al, and Jesse!  There are 6 X 10 e30  other things to do, watch, listen, internet, etc. ad infinitum.  these people are margin players. There are 300,000,000 million people in the US., the audiences' of IMUS, Al & Jesse, are insignificant in size compared to the general population.  You don't have to subscribe to either side because so very few truly agree, believe, or are invested in whatever these jokers say.  Lighten up people, don't be thin skinned, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".  "talk is cheap", "actions speak louder than words" are things that come to mind.  Selective politcal correctness is a dangerous path, don't let the charlatans fool you into thinking that they know what is best for you or what you should think.  If you don't like something, exercise YOUR right to switch the channel or go to another site whatever,  because and most importantly, if you allow AL & JESSE to start down the path of controlling content by edict, we (the people) will lose out big time. jarasan

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 18, 2007, 3:22 am - IP Logged

Maybe if someone has offered a $50M/5years contract to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton to talk on a radio show or to do anything else they should reconsider their offer too.

Before I retired the company I worked for had to allow women to apply for jobs that had traditional been only held by men and some of the guys thought if they used offensive language in the presents of the ladies they would apply for different jobs but the company warned them that such stupid  behavior would get them fired and one guy who continued to act stupid got fired.  It wasn't personal or racial just business, stupidity is a liability.

I Agree!  I used the word "promise" so I won't talk about Imus any more or this whole situation.  However, I really like your last statement.  Stupidity is a liability. 

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: April 18, 2007, 10:01 am - IP Logged

I think IMUS is old, ugly, and a petrified Saltine.  Now, if only  AS & JJ would protest in front of my home office,  I would feel the pressure of justice upon myself, and I could fire myself.  I would then believe that the Reverends. (don't make me gag) care one bit about what the IMUS said.  This whole episode is so self serving to all, (media the most) it just makes me want to 2X gag.  For petes sake, I thought we were beyond this, who cares what anybody says, especially Imus, Al, and Jesse!  There are 6 X 10 e30  other things to do, watch, listen, internet, etc. ad infinitum.  these people are margin players. There are 300,000,000 million people in the US., the audiences' of IMUS, Al & Jesse, are insignificant in size compared to the general population.  You don't have to subscribe to either side because so very few truly agree, believe, or are invested in whatever these jokers say.  Lighten up people, don't be thin skinned, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".  "talk is cheap", "actions speak louder than words" are things that come to mind.  Selective politcal correctness is a dangerous path, don't let the charlatans fool you into thinking that they know what is best for you or what you should think.  If you don't like something, exercise YOUR right to switch the channel or go to another site whatever,  because and most importantly, if you allow AL & JESSE to start down the path of controlling content by edict, we (the people) will lose out big time. jarasan

"...if you allow AL & JESSE to start down the path of controlling content by edict, we (the people) will lose out big time."

Well said.

I gauge people by their value to society.  Talk show hosts, self-appointed reverends and most politicians are not productive members of society.  They make money without producing anything of value for their fellow man.  What they have to say is of little import in the grand scheme of things.  If you are affected by what they have to say, you are only feeding the power base they have created to continue making money without producing anything of value.

The guy emptying garbage dumpsters contributes more to society in one day than these self-appointed gurus do in a lifetime.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).